3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I like taking care of my skin. I have super super dry skin and eczema everywhere, so it gets painful in the winter if I don't take care of myself. I find that routines with too many steps kind of leave me not wanting to do it in the end, since it can be a hassle. Now, I mostly just stick to cleansing my face in the morning, toner at night, with some serum and moisturizer. Maybe even a sheet mask or fancy face mask if I'm feeling particularly luxurious, haha. My favourite brands are definitely The Ordinary and Clinique, but I buy the prior way more since it's more afforable.

How about y'all? How do you take care of your skin? (It's the biggest organ you have, after all!) Are you the type to just splash water on your face and be done with it, or do you swear by some wild 10-step-korean-skincare routine?

Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water every day. And remember to pee. O_O It is good for your meat suit's protective layer. And always wear a sunscreen when going outdoors.

Outside of that, the routine I am trying to make habitual:

1. Washy washy with a simple cleanser. I am almost done with a daytime & nighttime pair of Clean & Clear, which was pretty nice but I will prolly try something else. I also love Noxema as it's something I grew up with and I like the smell and it washes up nice and leaves my skin soft.

2 A gentle rose water toner! Right now I am using Loreal's!

3. Simple moisturizer. One for day time and one for night time. I get a bunch of sample sizes from Ipsy in a monthly makeup pack to try out. But my favorite thing so far has been Aveeno products cause they're very light and don't feel all greasy or make my skin react weird.

And then on my Self-Care days I will try out random face masks!

That is all face stuff. O: For full body, I uh... I just go rogue with trying body washes and soaps and lotions.

• Useful
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
I'm lame, my routine is pick at zits, pluck hairs, shave chin/mustache, and use burt's bees balm on my lips.

Any tips? ;3

Oh hell yes, I love making skincare routines. What's your skin type? Oily, dry, combo? Sensitive or not? How much time/effort/money are you willing to put in? 👀

In general, like Diana mentioned, cleanser, sun screen and moisturizer are your best starting points, but I can definitely give you some recommendations based on your answers to the questions above... :^)

My skin used to be super finicky and oily, but nowadays it is a lot calmer and dryer, so I had to change up my skincare routine a lot. But the steps I always take:

1: cleanse in the night, splash water in the morning.
2: afterwards use a lotion (I use the same lotion as Diana!)
3: use a moisturizer.
4: use a facial once a week.

When I do use sunscreen I start off with a cleansing tonic before I start my regular routine to make sure I get all that sunscreen off my face. I don't really wear make-up, other than doing my lips and fancy glasses. Mostly because my skin is still finicky in a way and will yell at me if I do.

Sometimes I use a serum between 2 and 3 if I feel that my skin needs that extra booster. I also find that moving with my fingers from the centre of my face to the outside also helps a lot with how products are taken into the skin.

Pressing it in, or lightly tapping it into the skin also makes a difference from rubbing it in, though admittedly, I'm in too much of a rush the majority of the time to really care for that one.

Oh hell yes, I love making skincare routines. What's your skin type? Oily, dry, combo? Sensitive or not? How much time/effort/money are you willing to put in? 👀

In general, like Diana mentioned, cleanser, sun screen and moisturizer are your best starting points, but I can definitely give you some recommendations based on your answers to the questions above... :^)
my mind just went completely empty lmaooo

I don't think it's too oily or too dry tho? Not super sensitive? Sometimes I just straight out wash my face with hand sanitizer when I feel gross.

I'm also slightly broke, but not completely.

There are some good drugstore brands out there for when you're on a budget. Diana mentioning Clean and Clear is a good place to start for cleanser. Aveeno, Cetaphil and Cerave are all good to look into as well! In the end everyone's skin is different, so it takes a bit of experimentation to see what works best for you.

If you're looking for anything slightly fancier and you live in a place where you can get it, The Ordinary is my favourite skincare line, but it ranges more between 5-15$ with products and you don't normally find it at a drugstore. I think it's worth it though!

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: BangChargerDesk
Well, what I own are witch hazel, jojoba oil, and vitamin E? Does that help?

cerave has done wonders for my dry ass skin so i can definitely give it an endorsement. i used to be pretty ashy but after starting to use cerave lotion it went away pretty quickly and i've been a regular user of it since then.