Skies of Yesterday (Ace Combat inspired jet dogfighting RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razgriz

Original poster
I've been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately, so I decided that I would try to make a roleplay loosely based on it. As with the AC series, it would take place in a fictional world with some allusions to our own real world, have actual jets, weapons and other sorts of military things from our own world. Taking place in the near future, characters would go up against superweapons similar to those from the Ace Combat series; such as the Estovakian Aerial Fleet, the Arkbird, the Scinfaxi&Hrimfaxi submarines, et cetera.

As a bit of a taster, here's the briefing for the first mission if this gets off the ground (excuse the pun).
"You can all sit down. We don't have much time, so this introduction will be short. I'm Colonel Terrence Wernher and I'll be handling you kids while you're on the ground. I also work as representative to the Coalition on this base, so everything you do here will be seen by them. All of you working with the Coalition will be payed through me. For those of you mercenary types, I'll try not to get in the way of your paycheck by whoever you're working for. Now, let's begin."

Northern forces consisting of Bethen, Sarenthian and Yaethis pilots have come under attack from an unknown enemy while performing reconnaissance near Old Jathancliff, a city that was heavily damaged and abandoned shortly after during the crises of twenty years ago. Based on what we were able to find out before our force was eradicated, the enemy group consists primarily of two full fighter squadrons and bombers joined shortly after. Based on our estimates, the bombers are heading towards Aderyn Air Force Base, which is to say, here. If the enemy is allowed to reach our base, we will be eradicated. You are all ordered to sortie immediately to intercept the enemy. You will be flying over the Flowered Coast, so don't get shot down over the water unless you're looking for a good swim.

"Good luck! Don't come back here unless those bombers have been shot down."

Pretty run of the mill, but I have some twists and ideas in mind for later. Please ask any questions you deem necessary and pose any suggestions you think might be helpful, I'm open to all.

While I'm not familiar with the game, though it seems to be something I may want to get into, this seems quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.