Skeletons in the Closet

qLNmI3ru7Vc55PYCCGQofogR3G5rbfQkewfat-6XSnvN4sz1brq63TzpsP7E2M78av_3vC2PMDMRye9LwRU80O1UH-xJAgAlaCLWnnyrhWsArzN0gw1nV1I8aPclhtZVzvajA5iL
One by one, the demon dolls dropped. London felt her shoulders sag. Letting out a loud breath of relief, she lowered her arms, katana brushing the floor. Chest heaving, she looked to Charlotte, and then Ethan and Marten. A bright, albeit tired smile broke across her face. "I can't believe-... we-... h-how did we even pull that off?" Breathless from the exertion and her own relief, London left out an airy laugh. She didn't want to admit it, but things had been looking pretty bleak, there. The muscles in her arms were so tense, so tired, but they had made it. Everything was okay.

Jace stepped out of the tent and, suddenly, the good, warm feeling evaporated. The look on his face said it all; Ella was gone. Turned to stone just like Salem and the Putts. In his hand, the half of a rainbow pin. She met his eyes, noting the question there, and felt oddly... sad.

London had known what would happen. It bothered her before, though not to the degree she felt now. Perhaps it had something to do with protecting Ella that had changed things. They had done their job, but Ella would still never get to live the life she was meant to, no matter how softly Jace sung or how hard London, Marten, and Ethan fought. Wendy and Charlotte would share the same fate, too. Their items felt like burning coals in her pocket. Why am I getting so sentimental? They brought us here; It's their fault.

Yet, she could not find it in her to be mad at them anymore. Fighting alongside Charlotte and Wendy against the dolls had made her see them in a new light. They could have very easily left the group to their own devices, but the maids had helped them. They tried to fix their mistake. Without Wendy and Charlotte, London did not think her friends would have made it through. Torn between wanting to give them their items as a thank you, but not wanting to because then their bodies would die, like Ella's, London frowned.

The only hope she and her friends had of leaving Henbard was to play Butzy or Peter or whatever-the-hell his name was' game. A very cruel game that fed off of their fear. A game that the Henbard residents had been enduring for far too long. London reached into her pocket and tangled her fingers in the rosary beads, gripped the driver's license. She thought of Fake!Matt and how that had affected everyone; how she herself feared that, once she returned home, she would continue to avoid Matt's eyes but for an entirely different reason than before. He had turned something sweet and kind - Matt's genuine smile, his voice, his entire face - into something that would likely haunt those who'd been in the cellar for a long time. They'd hardly been there a few hours, too.

What horrors had Wendy and Charlotte endured during their imprisonment at Henbard? Wasn't it time they, too, were freed?

Coming to a decision, London gave Jace a subtle nod. "Wendy, Charlotte..." she presented them the items, open to take. "Thanks-... Thank you for helping." ...We wouldn't have gotten this far without you.

o52UvLE.png
Ethan coughed and gagged, he panted and heaved like there was no tomorrow. Those fucking snakes nearly made him kick the bucket. He inhaled and exhaled, wheezing all the while. "Thanks..." he managed, under his breath. Ethan really owed London and Marten one, and before he could thank them properly, they had already jumped into the fray once more, keeping the malicious playthings out of reach from Ella and Jace.

Ethan wanted to get revenge on these little shits, attempting to throw a punch or a kick or two right in their fluffy faces, and the moment he tried to do so, they all fell flat on their faces with not even a fight left in their system. Lame. Ethan thought, what was the point in trying to fight someone that didn't bother fighting back in the first place?

Like a line of dominoes, one by one did the toys fall, lifeless and inanimate once more, just as they were supposed to be. From teddy bears, to Barbie dolls, and deathly-terrifying Furbies alike, their numbers were withering and it only meant one thing; they won.

"We did it." Hearing those words, Ethan's mood skyrocketed to elation. He pumped up a fist in the air and let out a triumphant yell. "HELL YEAH!" he said, letting it all out. Charlotte's words nearly made Ethan remember his sort-of, kind-of, near-death experience from earlier, but he didn't care. What was important was the fact that they accomplished their mission. That made Ella...the second, if he recalled correctly. It wasn't exactly a mano y mano showdown like Salem's was, but it was still quite the fight nonetheless.

"Is this the part where we get bonus XP and Good Karma points for giving them back their stuff?" Ethan said, jokingly. He looked at Wendy and Charlotte, a wide grin plastered on his face. He knew that their actions a necessary evil at times, but it all worked out in the end. "No joke though, all of us here would've probably been toast without either of you."

3dENTuBriYq__pu7qUqxZKTocXizMF0qEiYpmnPDVIUMnd7TJq5ID6dX5C_Orykl5XGXWenUQtcDbhozjd0jB8r-fasDxEXuaEAmEKtJnPMR5ewVrFqhA6OhHFn74FS1bsQzpHFZ
She had been moving furiously to circle that bed. Anything to keep out the big bad dolls and their pumpkin leader. Faster, faster! They're going to breach the line! Her mind urged and her feet would nearly stumble in her attempts to both speed up and give enough attention to detail to maintain an actual circle. Would the ring even work if it were say, an oval? A square? Some kind of retarded rhombus?! Marten's brain had gone to mush long ago. The grunette didn't even question her train of thought anymore. She just had to keep moving at this point. For Ella, and her friends, and anything human that was in Henbard!

Gnashing her teeth, she fought the urge to give up. The chaos around her were stifling. London was having trouble and she desperately wanted to go aid her. But she couldn't. Salt was her job right now. And then like the deafening quiet after a rock concert, everything stopped. Dolls collapsed like the masterless puppets that they were, and she let out something between a chuckle and a sob. It's over! Thank God!

Ella must have gone to sleep. She'd hug the girl if it wouldn't be the opposite of sleeping. Peeking into the curtains with a bright smile, she immediately turned somber, watching the transmogrification into stone with the heaviest heart... It'd probably fall out of her chest like lead if it were possible. Freedom in death... Why was it the only way? Why was this so unfair? She was just a little girl that loved rainbows. Ella had not deserved to be denied a full life! She'd cry silent tears for her as she had done for Salem and the Putts'. Like she'd cried for Ana... She was going to have Peter's head damn it, and that stupid pumpkin too!

It wasn't all bad though. Ethan and London and Jace; they were all okay, and that was a cause to smile for. She'd nod her thanks to Wendy and Charlotte just as well as the others. It wasn't that she was ungrateful. Marten just had the burden of a soft heart. Regardless of her apparent state, she genuinely was happy for all the poor trapped souls to be moving on the better pastures. It was a very satisfying sense of closure in the end. Even though it was exceedingly sad.

Collab between @Fox of Hearts and @Fox of Spades
LO6XS4OXmbL6ViegH1a8RfVY0XPe2SvA34VcbYsyioqE4W-X7BVBpCNhFTELkaP7dr3sjCVNHAiH3u8BmG9sbPkpxU4CnLq23_fKpfV7jLtFmwT2YojUh6_YFJ8KbN_2wdha8Fgs

qLodnbZ7xBRlEUyCS3HJKb5u0rDS3hsXW5iQclCVVy6e0npB9O0b9hCyzXysxrdMzKq_TDchqxrigyaIrmPxOsbY1pSvjCTCDZ4GWdZR5k7w9sIZqvHwnuB8WPYdppfeMfMX50un
Charlotte walked over to take a closer look at the pin in Jace's hand. She hadn't had the chance to see the emblems up close before. Seeing it now in his hand was proof that this group might actually succeed. The very thought of them leaving safely made this sad moment a little easier for her.

"The pins are emblems needed to unlock the main gate. There are five altogether," she explained. "Peter was worried we would free the visitors he brought here, so he split them in half."

She clasped his hand between hers. "Please keep them safe.The small pumpkin will try to steal them back. Peter wants to keep you forever."

Their eyes met for a brief moment before Charlotte let go of his hand with a small start. She looked at her feet shyly. "Th-thank you for helping Wendy. Ella wouldn't have felt safe enough to sleep without you."

Needing something to distract her, she turned to Ethan and gave him a serene smile. "We appreciate it. It's the least we can do to help you. We know what it's like to be trapped here without any hope. No one should go through that. Ever."

Wendy nodded. Now that the young miss had fallen asleep, the bleak atmosphere from earlier had been replaced with a hopeful one. A somber air still hung over the room, but it was less heavy… it not longer threatened to choke or bury them. "We wronged you, and we did some things we regret. I know this apology will never be enough, but we're sorry. Thank you all, for trusting us - for saving the young miss."

Her eyes flitted from Jace to Ethan to Marten, and finally to London and the driver's license and rosary she held in her outstretched hands. "It's the least we could have done. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you." Realizing that her words were making things heavier, she met Ethan's gaze and mustered up a smile. "We would have been done for without everyone's help too."

Slowly, Wendy reached for her driver's license. Before she could take it, she paused to look at Charlotte. The nun remained standing beside Jace. Wendy hesitated. She wanted them to cross over together. That was the only way neither of them would need to mourn the other. "Charlotte, aren't you coming too?"

"I want to be there to hug you and hold your hand. You told me your were scared. I hope my presence would make it easier," Charlotte explained.

"But … wouldn't it be easier if we went together?"

Charlotte walked over and reached for Wendy's hand. "I believe there is a better place after we leave this world. I'm not worried or scared. I've come to terms with it long ago," the nun added after she saw the skeptical look on Wendy's face.

"Alright," Wendy finally relented. Charlotte was one of her closest friends, and while leaving Henbard would be blessing, leaving the friends she'd come to know and love would not. They had been through hell and back together. Instead of reaching for the license, Wendy closed the distance between her and her friend before she wrapped Charlotte in her arms.

"Promise me you'll follow after me, okay? Thank you for being my best friend." Once the words had been said she searched for the driver's license in London's hands. As soon as she grabbed her item, stone began creeping up her fingertips. It was an almost peaceful feeling.

Charlotte returned the hug. She refused to let go of Wendy's hand despite feeling the flesh hardening in her hand. She forced herself to remain smiling while she watched the lights slowly fade from Wendy's eyes forever.

"In your hands, O Lord I entrust Wendy, Salem, Ella, Alfonse, Michael and Joyce to you. Welcome them into paradise, where there will be no sorrow, no weeping and no pain. Let them be filled with peace and joy as they become one with you, your Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen."

She closed her eyes then kneeled before Wendy's statue. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she pressed her forehead against the cold stone hand. She knew the three of them were finally at peace but it didn't stop her from mourning their passing. She had lied to Wendy. Seeing her friend go wouldn't be easy but it was necessary. Wendy needed to go first or she would have insisted on staying till the very end.

Charlotte allowed herself to grieve silently. Her lips moved to form words of an unheard prayer. She needed this. A time to remember the departed and mentally prepare herself for what's to come.

Wiping her tears away, she got to her feet once again. A heavy air continued hanging around her despite the smile on her face. "I'm sorry. Saying goodbye wasn't easy. We've known each other for so long."

The maid walked over to London and curled the girl's hand tightly over her rosary. "Please keep this safe for me. I didn't have the heart to tell Wendy that I can't leave yet. Young Master intended for me to be your guide until we reach the garden. He says I know the Madam and Sir better than the rest."

She started making her way to the door after motioning for the rest to follow her. "We should check on Joseff and your friends. Maybe we will find a clue to get them out. After we do, I'll make us a quick meal. You need your strength before we go down the Rabbit Hole. You need time to tend to your injuries too."

She paused and turned around. "Would you prefer sandwiches and tea or waffles and milk? Joyce, bless her, gave me her recipe the other day. I'll be happy to make you scrambled eggs and bacon too."

There was a short pause as she remembered that they might be reluctant to eat anything she offered them. "D-don't worry. I can cook everything in front of you. You can be assured that it'll be safe to eat."
EOcvFSlx9ejbgYw1Wn4s9dWKy8jhHJoXooe70PcT0uJQkfU8-GNDUHCQYkThJwFEgJV_rjHeTFf30oWjZC0B1VMdbKIRGIrLvhfnJV6j8A9ol-pwHCZn54bvGsEyvl9NeZtH0xMR
The humans were celebrating their victory, and Wendy and Charlotte were bidding each other goodbye, but Castor remained frozen - as if he'd been the one turned to stone. Ella was no longer moving, her body stone-cold and heavy. She no longer smelled the same either. In a way, Castor understood that she'd finally found freedom. But in another way, he didn't quite understand what had happened to his owner's precious daughter. Had he managed to protect her till the end.

Low whines left his throat as he laid hopped onto the bed and laid down beside her. His muzzle pressed against her cheek but she didn't respond. Castor had dedicated the last decade to keeping her safe, and now, his world had changed in a matter of minutes.
He continued to whine, mourning the loss of the child he'd protected for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jace_Banner.png
Jace watched in pensive silence as London held the two maids' items out to them and thanked them for helping. It was undeniable what Ethan said, that without Wendy and Charlotte, the group would never have gotten this far. In spite of the fact that they each played a part in luring the friends to the chateau, they risked their lives - or what remained of them - to help them towards escape. It seemed only right to offer them the freedom that was denied them for so long, to offer their souls rest and peace. Watching London, seeing the look in her eyes, helped affirm to Jace that this was the right decision.

"The keys...are literal keys?" Jace muttered, lifting his gaze from the pin to meet Charlotte's. Jace gave a wan smile as she grasped his hand, a light blush barely visible on his cheeks. "I'm just glad that she's finally at peace." He nodded to her, and then to Wendy. Seeing Wendy go felt almost like saying 'good-bye' to a friend, even though they hadn't started on the right foot. Like it was for Salem, for the Putts', and for Ella, it was bittersweet.

"Thanks," He smiled at Charlotte, this time with more resolve. She had the opportunity to leave, yet she stayed to help. It was admirable, even if she was doing as Salem had wanted. Jace turned at the sound of the soft whines coming from the tent, the idea of food shoved aside by concern for the Doberman. He entered the tent and crouched beside Castor. The sight of him pressing his nose to her cold, stone cheek was a pitiful one that made Jace pine for the affections of his own dog. He could almost see Kenai at home, laying on the porch and watching for Jace's return. In a gesture similar to one made earlier, Jace placed his hand on Castor's head. It was a gesture of understanding and sympathy as well as an attempt to offer some form of comfort.

"You're a good dog; you did well, protecting her. You'll see her again." Jace pet Castor's head briefly, not wanting to annoy him, before getting up and exiting the tent. He hoped Castor would follow, but he understood if he didn't. It wasn't uncommon for dogs to linger at the graves of their owners after their loss in order to grieve. What would happen to Castor and Lenore when they were freed? Would they turn to stone like their owners? Could they even be freed? Did they have keys as well? His train of thought was interrupted by the previous idea - food.

"I could go for breakfast." Jace said thoughtfully upon his return. It wasn't likely at this point that the food would be drugged. They were already trapped in the house with nowhere to go; there wouldn't be much of a point in giving them roofies and locking them up some place for a second time. "It's got to be morning by now back home." He looked to Charlotte then and added, "I could really go for a cup of coffee." Everyone was sure to agree on that, except perhaps Kindall. "Let's go get Jo, Milton, and Kelsey first."

qLNmI3ru7Vc55PYCCGQofogR3G5rbfQkewfat-6XSnvN4sz1brq63TzpsP7E2M78av_3vC2PMDMRye9LwRU80O1UH-xJAgAlaCLWnnyrhWsArzN0gw1nV1I8aPclhtZVzvajA5iL
Of course he took the pins. London sighed. A throw down with Peter Pumpkin Eater was inevitable now that he had half of all their needed keys; avoiding a confrontation with him would be nigh impossible. She wanted to bust some heads as much as the next person, but she was drained, too. They all were. Rubbing her eyes, London almost missed the subtle exchange between Charlotte and Jace. Almost.

She looked away immediately, feeling as though she saw something secret that she wasn't meant to. Glancing at Ethan and Marten, she wondered if they'd noticed it, too. Was this a new development, or had it been there from the start? London wanted to wish Jace and Charlotte the best, just as she would with all of her friends and their romantic endeavors, but instead hoped she saw wrong, that nothing had or was blooming between the two. Witnessing Wendy's passing served as a warning: They could not get attached to the Henbard residents. Charlotte and Castor's grieving, even more so.

Yet London said nothing, even when Charlotte decided to stay. It wasn't her place to lecture. Plus, what if she had seen wrong? That would be an extremely awkward, not to mention embarrassing, conversation. No, she'd stay quiet and simply hope that things turned out alright.

"Okay," the rosary returned to its place beside Hans' scarf. She admired Charlotte's resolve and they would certainly need the help. Bonus that Charlotte apparently new Adelaide well. Mention of the lady of the house brought London back to macaroons and coffee. The bubbly, girlish nature she'd grown familiar with from her own mother. London was eager to see Adelaide again, though she didn't know if it was because she wanted to rage about the betrayal or find comfort in her presence.

She pursed her lips, realizing Jace might not be the only one at risk of getting attached.

The mention of food made dwelling on the idea difficult, however, which she could appreciate. "Food? Erm..." London didn't doubt Charlotte's good intentions - not after having fought alongside her and Wendy for the last, how long had it been? - but eating anything originating from the house seemed... risky. Wary as she was, though, London couldn't deny the itch under her skin for some much-needed caffeine.

"Coffee... sounds amazing," she agreed. Figured that if she were drawn in by promises of instant Wake-Me-up she may as well eat, too. Bacon was tasty, especially spicy bacon. Did Charlotte know how to make spicy bacon? Spicy eggs? Were savory-spicy waffles a thing? Such thoughts only made her hungrier. "...Breakfast, too, yeah."

Delicious thoughts of savory food halted at the mention of the three they left behind. Checking on them was higher priority. How long had Jo been on watch? Had the dolls noticed a missing party member and hunted him down? London grew worried. Breakfast could definitely wait.

3dENTuBriYq__pu7qUqxZKTocXizMF0qEiYpmnPDVIUMnd7TJq5ID6dX5C_Orykl5XGXWenUQtcDbhozjd0jB8r-fasDxEXuaEAmEKtJnPMR5ewVrFqhA6OhHFn74FS1bsQzpHFZ
She never wanted to go to another funeral again in her entire life. Maybe it weren't in the traditional sense but each time Marten watched a Henbardian turn to stone she felt as if she were watching someone die. It was sad, happy, bittersweet, and an entire gamut of emotions running through her body in such quick succession that her knees trembled. Castor's pining for Ella didn't help the moment, and the grunette simply found herself drained, turning longsuffering eyes to the balloon that stayed put in her grasp. Should I let it go?

Assuming that they were all done with dolls, she didn't think that there would be any of the little peons left around to use the mini-hot air balloon as a mode of transport. She wasn't even sure that there would be a way to retrieve it from the impossibly high ceiling after she had released it. Deciding to tie it onto her wrist for safe keeping for now, Marten found herself looking down at the bowl of salt nestled in her hands. What was she to do with this now? Back to the bag?

Paying half an ear to the actual conversation at hand, she felt a slight twitch in her stomach muscles at the mention of food. "Breakfast sounds really good actually." She agreed with Jace without too much thought. Marten was a breakfast girl through and through. No other meal mattered. Even cereal could be eaten for three meals a day as far as she was concerned. And she could vouch for the method because she had done it plenty of times before.

Kindall and Kelsey were likely to be hungry too when they eventually got out of that picture, which they definitely would since Marten didn't believe for even a second that any ghost would want to put up with their combined attitudes for more than fifteen minutes. She smiled at the thought of an arguing, terrible twosome with a very noneffective ghostie trying to scare them in the background. Yea, they'd be fine.

o52UvLE.png
Ethan shrugged as London stared at him. Maybe love can bloom, even on a battlefield. Although, perhaps "love" was stretching it. Yet, there was an undeniable feeling of loss as Wendy, Ella, and Charlotte had all turned into statues. It was like Salem all over again...If there were going to be two more of these things than he had better build up a tolerance or something.

Even as Wendy was nothing more than a lifeless figure of her former self now, the room still managed to capture a sort of magical essence. Wistful, yet a pang of regret still lies in the atmosphere. He didn't even know who to feel sorry for the most. Castor? Now that he has one less master to serve dutifully? Ella? A child simply a victim of this entire debacle? Or was it Wendy and Charlotte? Who were jut as equally dragged into this mess as they were.

Heavy thoughts began to weigh at the back of Ethan's mind, rumination was never one of his hobbies but he was slowly and surely getting more and more familiar with it. Jace's mention of breakfast was the only thing that put his mind at ease. He felt his stomach growl a little bit as London and Marten put images into his mind that made him wish to get out of Henbard Chateau as quick as possible.

"I dunno about you guys, but the first thing I'm gonna do when I get outta here is order a stack of pancakes and a dish of eggs and bacon." The prime dish at the Red Copper, just thinking about the sizzling sensation and the amazing smell of a fresh batch of the order made his mouth water.

He made a mental note that he, and everyone else in their team, should probably splurge on a buddy bundle at the Red Copper after this entire nightmare is over.

"You're right, I miss my two amigos already."
If worry was apparent on Ethan's face, he didn't let it show. What he really wanted right now-apart from a good meal-was to ensure the safety of Kindall and Kelsey.

Last edited:
Collab by @Fox of Hearts and @Fox of Spades
kL4fW5B.png
Castor could only whine as Jace attempted to comfort him. It didn't change the fact that Ella was gone. If anything, the boy's words were empty promises. The doberman didn't think he would see her again, even if the human told him that he would someday. He wasn't stupid.

As Jace pulled back, Castor lingered by Ella's side, watching sullenly as the humans regroupd to plan their next move. He didn't want to leave her, but it would have been what she and the young master wanted. Slowly, Castor leapt of the bed and skulked toward the group as they clammored at Charlotte for breakfast and coffee.

He was a little more than a bitter shadow behind them.
K95iVqe.png
Charlotte noticed the dog and gave him a sympathetic smile. The others, who'd been so forlorn merely moments ago, had perked up at the mention of breakfast. It was good to see some energy seep into their tired faces - a spot of hope in an otherwise bleak situation. "I can make coffee," Charlotte offered. "The kitchen is mostly empty now, but there should be enough for a small breakfast."

"Let's go check on them. I don't feel safe leaving Joseff alone for too long. He's not a very good guard dog and he eats socks for some reason."

She led the way out of the ballroom and up the two flights of stairs towards Ella's room. The wallpaper decorating the halls had turned yellow and started peeling. Henbard was showing its age. Charlotte hadn't seen the house in this state before, so she felt a little unnerved. The crumbling chateau was the perfect setting for a horror movie.

They were almost reaching the second floor when they heard a strange sound. Charlotte tensed up. "Did you hear that?"

iUgQ80i.png
Lenore gripped the last teddy bear tightly in her talons. She clamped its ear in her beak and ripped off its head. Fluff and black ooze spluttered everywhere but she didn't flinch. She threw the limp body down onto the floor where other similar corpses lay.

The bird was very annoyed with the stupid humans. They were stupid enough to leave that immobile lump inside with the painting. Didn't they know that Joseff was one of the most useless dogs ever? All he did was sit inside like a statue while an army of dolls tried to break it. She had to fend them off by herself. She was starting to wonder if it was worth helping the humans. She would be disappointed if they ended up dead before the night was over.

She considered flying off to search for the group when she heard voices coming from the stairwell. One of them was Charlotte's. Lenore wanted to call out to the maid but she needed to be sure she wasn't getting tricked. The raven chose to perch on one of the lamp brackets and observe the group silently. The creature was smart but not smart enough to imitate humans perfectly.

Ella's Room
sLTss12XPLfrT6MdqtDPJFJ_1GDZSLj8GGx3s-yyxLTAgtQWi8-8AYnqM9VE_8y8i-PbgM7O_7OjnlMXz6mlyrqZELJKof8E1OMr-TesVoDnIgtd9nhcAZlnwV9sxfWFZIFkq-zU
Kelsey groaned, something warm and fuzzy was nuzzling against her side, and it was a pleasant break from the cold tiles of the Charity Gardens Asylum - the fucking asylum. Bleary eyes snapped open only to close shut when a painful ray of light blinded them. Kelsey groaned louder, feeling as if someone had whacked her upside the head with a hammer.

Everything hurt, and it seemed as if the world was moving thrice as slowly.

Kindle.

Panic burned within her at the thought of him. Her memories were choppy, like rolls of film that had been torn up at specific places. The most specific memory she had was of standing in a padded cell. Kindle had been outside, surrounded by men and women in white and fighting untill they pinned him down onto cold cement. The oderlies put him in a straitjacket similar to her own.

She turned her head and winced as a headache flared up out of nowhere. Had they been drugged?

Kindle was lying lifeless beside her, pale and blue-lipped. It was around then when Joseff buried his head into her side. She ignored him, eyes still trained on Kindle. Fighting against dizziness and the numbness that shot through her limbs, Kelsey rolled onto her stomach and began crawling towards Kindle's unmoving body.

"Kindle." Her throat was dry and it was difficult to speak. "Kindle." He didn't move, but the steady rise and fall of his chest comforted her and alleviated some of her initial worries. Kelsey reached for his arm, and noticed that the skin was damp and cold. She was in the same state as him, conscious but freezing.
AMschoQQ-NpjZ5RfZe2rIizom-bAa0rWZO9j3mYZes7nBjL8_ZK5uf-z9CG1hhGMYV-U9_dwv0DjNAlDjRo4G5PPpT8N_kGzqd9BckTwxvUdlrf91TfDKES2YYZaqMFTeVNzPEhy
Joseff had turned to the door at the sound of several voices. "Borf borf," he called out to alert the humans.

The sudden barking, coupled with the sound of footsteps from outside made Kelsey jolt upright. She pushed herself to her feet and lurched toward the door, shaky hands reaching for the doorknob. Should she lock it? Kindle was out cold and she felt like shit. They were sitting ducks here. Then again, what if it was the others. Joseff didn't seem to be barking aggressively, in fact, the Shiba Inu was wagging his tail. Deciding to take a chance, Kelsey twisted the knob and opened the door.

The image of Joseff eating socks was a funny one that helped alleviate a little of her worry. Were Henbard not looking more like a haunted house with each step, London might have laughed. Instead, she followed the group quietly up the stairs. An odd sound - one London could not place - caught her ear and she met Charlotte's eyes. Nodded, lips drawing into a worried, thin line.

London hadn't been the only one to hear it. She found it a discomfort, for whatever had made the noise was not a figment of her imagination; she'd rather hallucinate than fight another battle, at this point. Still, she gripped the handle of her katana with both hands and skirted around the leading maid. Took the remaining steps lightly. Once the second floor came into view, she peered into the hallway cautiously.

Instead of a horde of dolls or some rampaging beast, London saw a familiar face just a few steps away. Her eyes widened. "Kelsey!" In seconds she was yanking the bedroom door open, pulling with it a very pale, shivering version of her friend. London caught Kelsey by the shoulders and gawked: She's so cold. "What-..." The sight of Kindall motionless in the background stopped her. Stopped everything.

"W-Wha-... Is h-he...?" Worst case scenarios flitted through her mind. They were too late; they'd taken too much time. Kindall was gone. He was-...

He was okay. Noticing the steady rise and fall of his chest, London let out a shuddering breath. "Joder... H-hah, dios, I thought..." She didn't want to say what she'd thought. Didn't want to think about the worst case scenario, because morbidity combined with exhaustion would only summon tears, and she'd vowed to stop getting so emotional. Especially when there was nothing to be upset about:

Kindall and Kelsey were alive.

"What happened? Why are you so-... so cold?" London could feel the chill seeping through Kelsey's sleeves, could see the blue tint to her lips. Hypothermia? Anything was possible in Henbard, it seemed. "H-How... did you get out?"

She waited for answers, only realizing an inappropriate amount of time later that Kelsey was freezing and I have a jacket that could help. Feeling stupid and selfish, London quickly shrugged out of the windbreaker. Draped it over Kelsey's shoulders with a sheepish smile. "S-Sorry, I should have thought to-... sorry."

sLTss12XPLfrT6MdqtDPJFJ_1GDZSLj8GGx3s-yyxLTAgtQWi8-8AYnqM9VE_8y8i-PbgM7O_7OjnlMXz6mlyrqZELJKof8E1OMr-TesVoDnIgtd9nhcAZlnwV9sxfWFZIFkq-zU
Kelsey had steeled herself for the worst, but instead of running into an army of dolls or another one of His cruel tricks, she found herself staring at her friends. They looked a little worse for wear, but they were alright and that was what mattered. Seeing all of them again after their group had been forcefully split apart eased some of the worries off her shoulders.

London was the first of her friends to see her, and as the younger girl pulled her close, Kelsey found her mind drifting off. It was difficult to focus on the words London was saying. The orderlies - had that strange episode at Charity Gardens actually happened - had given her and Kindle something to drink. She was guessing it was the reason he was still out cold, the reason why her thoughts were more foggy than anything else. She'd noticed the glimmer of fear in London's eyes when she'd gazed at Kindle's prone form though. "He's alive, out cold but alive," she said in attempt to ease London's own fears.

Kelsey finally noticed Charlotte when London began to question what had happened to them.

Would it be crazy to say they'd been held against their will at Charity Garden's Asylum? Besides, she couldn't remember much aside from the orderlies in white and Kindle being dragged away when he thought it would be a good idea to fight back. "I... I don't know." Trying to piece back together the puzzle was painful. "We were somewhere else." She was starting to trail off when London wrapped a jacket around her shoulders. Why was everything so fucking foggy? Unable to articulate what she wanted to say and too frustrated by the lack of memories to keep on trying, Kelsey wrapped her arms around her friend and said what she could manage to say. "I'm glad you're all okay." She felt like crying really, so she tightened the hug to stop herself from doing just that. "I can't get Kindle to wake up and I can't remember what happened."

It was only then that she realized her hands were shaking, so she gripped London even tighter, almost as if her friend were keeping her afloat. It was so good to see them again. When Kelsey finally pulled away from the hug, she realized something she hadn't before. Not all of them were present. She counted them twice then thrice - Ana wasn't there.

"She's not with you?" The words weighed down on her until they started to hurt. "Where's Ana?"

Inside the room, new objects had appeared sometimes during the ballroom brawl: there was a Polaroid picture from years ago, what appeared to be a letter written on paper (it was still in relatively good condition), and a wedding invitation that had been torn in half. The items rested on Ella's nightstand, as if waiting for someone to notice them.

o52UvLE.png
Ethan shrugged, "Fine by me! A small breakfast's better than nothing." Ethan couldn't exactly be picky right now, whatever kind of edible food they've got right now surely must beat dying of starvation. He couldn't deny Charlotte's inquiry though, Jo was known for putting a lot of stuff in his mouth...In fact, it probably would be easier to list off things he hasn't. Suddenly, a noise. Alarm bells quickly went off in Ethan's head, it had literally been minutes since their last confrontation.

Progression being halted by inescapable horror or event? Natch. This was, par of the course of the whole horror schtick Henbard was sticking to. London, ever the braveheart, had the initiative to look into the hallway. The moment she mentioned Kelsey's name with utter joy oozing from her voice, Ethan practically stormed through everyone else just to see his two friends safe and sound. Arms wide open, like a wild bear yearning for affection, the young man eagerly embraced Kelsey and...just Kelsey? His mind froze. Maybe it was the fact that Kindall wasn't there in his arms, or maybe it was the fact that Kelsey was goddamn freezing like it was fucking Arendelle.

Wah!

On reflex, Ethan quickly removed Kelsey's body from his own, a slight chill creeping up on his spine.

The chilling sensation intensified when he saw what looked like Kindall's still body, Ethan always joked about Kindall's death and how his life would be so much better without him around, etc. etc. But that was in pure jest, and if this was his idea of a practical joke, it wasn't funny. "Kindall...He's...Please, tell me that-" Ethan began to stutter, a world without Kindall would be like, like, the Dark Magician not having Dark Magician Girl or Chris Redfield without Jill Valentine backing him up as the Master of Unlocking. The mere thought of Kindall perishing put images in Ethan's mind that were better off not being there in the first place. His worries eased however, when local Ice Queen, Kelsey reassured all of them that he was alive. Out cold and probably going do die from hypothermia soon, but still alive.

Ethan let out a sigh of relief, "Heck, we're just as glad as you are, Queen Elsa." From the corner of his eye, he spotted something, or rather some things. Stuff that he was sure wasn't here before, at least not before the whole slumber party they had to arrange. Up on his feet, the young man inspected the items in question, perched atop Ella's nightstand precariously. A creepy picture, looked old and retro, depicting a happy family. His eyes immediately darted to a strapping family man in a police uniform. Shame that he looks really content with his beautiful wife, and a daughter that looks mysteriously a lot like Ella. He glanced closer, as if he didn't pick up on details he did before. If he didn't know any better, that is Ella. He'll need to confirm with everyone else.

Next to the photo was some sort of letter. How...classic. Normally everyone uses phone messages to convey their feelings of love and gratitude (Read: Dickpics) to their significant other. But a letter is nice too, if you want to get all formal and extravagant when you really don't need to. Curious, he opened the letter, and it read:

"Dearest Ella, Happy 18th Birthday!

I'm writing this while I remember you. Right now you are seven, but my memories fade a little each day. Soon we will become strangers. I'm sorry. You are my precious daughter and your mom and I love you so much.

Please remember how much I love you after I'm gone. I promise to be your father for as long as I can. There are always rainbows out there.

Continue chasing them and find your own happiness. I'll be proud of you no matter where your dreams take you.
Loving You Always, Dad"

If words could literally slap you silly and force the tear ducts in your eyes to start working their magic, then this letter was making it rain on Ethan, and not in the good way either. Shit, man...Ethan muttered on his breath, he wasn't down to get all giddy with negative vibes, especially not right now in their emotionally vulnerable state. The wedding invitation next to the letter would've probably been important too, had it not been torn in half. The young boy only snapped back when Kelsey asked about Ana's whereabouts. He sighed, looked down at the ground forlornly and leaned back at the nightstand, his hands grabbing the edges of the end table.

"I...we....we don't wanna talk about it..." He wanted to discuss the matter no further. "A-Anyway," Ethan attempted to avoid the topic by showing everyone the clues he had gathered from Ella's nightstand. First, showing them the picture of the hot da-err, the Happy family. "I may not be the brightest Bulbasaur, but ain't that Ella in this picture?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Jace_Banner.png

Inside, Jace was bracing himself for what he might see. He hoped, sincerely and with every fiber of his being, that Kelsey and Milton were alright, but there was no way of knowing until they opened the door to Ella's room. There was no telling if they were still trapped in the painting or not; and if they were, how they were going to be saved. Dread washed over him at the thought, making him nauseous. They had to be okay. They had to be. He couldn't lose anyone else. It was hard enough when Kelsey was missing, harder when he lost Ana. Fear gripped his heart until his chest ached as the group drew closer to the bedroom door.

The door swung open...

"Thank goodness!" Jace breathed at the sight of Kelsey in the doorway. He started towards her; however, London and Ethan got there first. A relieved smile broke over his face and the heavy weight on his heart lifted. Extending a hand, Jace placed it fondly atop Kelsey's head. It was a gesture she probably wouldn't like much more now than she did any other time, but the others had beat him to the hug. It offered closure though to be able to touch her, to be able to make that brotherly gesture. The smile faded as he peered over their heads into the room to where Kindall lay on the floor. He gave Kelsey's shoulder a pat as he slid past the two girls to crouch at Kindall's side. Kindall looked close to death, with blue lips and clammy skin. The only indication that he was alive, aside from Kelsey's word, was the steady rise and fall of his chest.

"Milton." He barked, mushing his friend's cold face between his hands. He needed to warm him up. Jace glanced around then scrambled to yank the blanket from the bed. "You gotta wake up, Milton." He called, tucking the blanket around him every which way possible. Rubbing his hands vigorously together to warm them, he placed them on either side of Milton's face. Jace gave pause a moment at Kelsey's question. He said nothing, only turned his face away from the group. He had dreaded the thought of telling her about Ana, that he'd lost her to the dolls. His stomach somersaulted, appetite giving way for the return of overwhelming guilt. Kindall's face blurred and a few stray tears escaped down Jace's cheek. He blinked them back hard, cleared his throat, and swiped his face with his sleeve.

"You should sit down." Jace told her if just to change the subject, indicating with a look the way Kelsey was clinging to London just to stay on her feet. He craned his neck to look at Ethan then, brows furrowed. There was a picture? With a nervous glance at Kindall to make sure he was still okay, Jace got up and closed the distance between him and his gym buddy. Indeed, there was a photo of a happy family of three. "That's... Ella." A sad smile slowly crept onto his face. "That must be her dad." He grabbed the letter, scanning it over thoroughly. The smile looked as if it had been ripped off of his face.

"This... this is... recent." Jace stammered, his expression one of awe and convincing horror. "Wendy had said that Ella hadn't slept for the past eleven years since she came here.... Ella would be eighteen this year." He turned to Charlotte, searching her face for answers. "Did Butzy write this? Or.. is it possible... that it's really from Ella's dad?"

She hadn't meant to be the last one in, especially at the mention of Kelsey and Kindall. Marten had taken up the rear beside Castor. Milton's bat rested easily over her shoulders much like a not so weighted bar, and actually the position helped keep her standing. The muscle fatigue was getting on the annoying side, and the green haired girl was wondering just how much longer they were going to have to put up fighting random Eldritch abominations.

Also on her mind was the poor sad doggo that was Castor. She didn't care what the consensus was, but in her opinion if no one else's, there was nothing more heartbreaking than a sad dog. Really sad animals in general was against all of nature! But sad dogs especially were just... wrong. The problem was that there was literally no way to cheer him up. At this point the doberman was like Hatchi. It was a miracle he had left the statue's side in the first place. Then again, he seemed to be a strong type of creature, which was really admirable.

As they entered the room side by side, she made sure to gentle brush her hand over the crown of his head. He probably wouldn't much care for the action, but she'd try to comfort him regardless. "Kelsey! We missed you!" Marten had the rebounding ability of one of those well-inflated, red rubber dodgeballs i.e. quite a lot. She was squeezing her bespectacled girlfriend in seconds flat, joining in with the rest of her friends on the reunion. Good Lord she is so cold! She felt a chill seeping into her own skin from hugging the other girl, but she didn't really want to let go either. How were there not icicles growing on her?! She had barely held her, and already she was beginning to shiver herself.

And Kindall? Where was he? Green eyes searched out the strangely quiet Einstein until she found him on the floor. "Kindall?! What the heck happened to you two?" She spoke in a rush sinking to her knees and gathering the brainiacs cold head into her lap before beginning to rub the blanket over his body as far as she could reach. Friction might help right? This idiot was already sick! How dare he get so cold?! He has the immune system of a petunia!

Marten too would occupy herself as opposed to giving an account on Ana. She didn't really want to talk about it either... At all. On the other hand, that wasn't fair to Kelsey, was it? She deserved to know. Ana was like a sister to her. So of course, the fair thing won out in the end, and Marten found herself solemnly giving report, "The dolls took her in the attic... We-we couldn't save her...The door wouldn't open again and we just- We tried.. It wouldn't open!" She'd sob softly as her voice crescendoed and cut off toward the end, diligently working the thick fabric over Kindall's body to give her something to calm herself. Hopefully he wouldn't get friction burns from this.

The picture of Ella would have to wait to gain her attention. There were current problems to handle. Kindall was still in a frozen coma. Kelsey didn't seem to be shivering much, which meant she was not warming up yet and that was never a good sign. Both of them had a blue tinge. As far as the green girl was concerned. Her half-snowman comrades took precedent over the recently departed. The letter was of interest though... Recent, he said? How can that be unless, "Three boston creme donuts and a hazelnut latte says Butzy is Daddy dearest," she supplied to the conversation.

The group hugs were short lived, and when none of her friends responded to her question about Ana's whereabouts, Kelsey realized that something had gone horribly wrong. She struggled to gather her thoughts as her friends began flooding into the room. Ethan, Jace, and Marten were quick to rush to Kindle's aid - and while fear and confusion coursed through her - she felt a little better knowing that Kindle would now be in Jace's capable arms. Marten was offering their survival expert some much needed assistance too. "They gave us something," she explained. "Kindle fought back so they gave him more." Kelsey wasn't sure if any of the things that had happened - the orderlies, the drugs, and the asylum - were real, but she told them anyway. "We ended up in Charity Gardens? It's all really blurry." It wasn't a very specific answer to Marten's question. "Guys... Ana?"

Sit down.

"What happened?" Kelsey felt like her mind was running twice as slow, but she finally realized Jace had been talking to her - her blood ran cold. 'Sit down' was the equivalent of 'buckle up buddy, I've got some pretty fucked up news.'

Why wasn't anyone answering?

Marten ended up being the bearer of bad of news. Kelsey felt like her lungs were collapsing and like her heart had shot into her throat. Taken. Ana had been taken and nobody knew where she was or whether or not she was alive. Ana had been taken, and if hadn't been for her, neither Ana - or any of her friends - would have even step foot into Henbard.

The world was a blanket of white noise. Everything after Marten's words - the questions regarding Ella, the letter, and whether or not Peter had set up the items - went in one ear and out the other. Kelsey felt sick, like the world was spinning far too fast and she was moving far too slow. She reached out for London's wrist, fingers digging into flesh. Holding on kept her grounded in a way. When the initial wave of panic died down and left her feeling empty, she let go of London and sank onto Ella's bed.

What was she going to tell Ana's parents?

She'd known Ana since they were in the first grade - had known Ana for almost all of her life. Ana was her friend and her sister, and she couldn't imagine going back to Bellwoods without her. All because she'd wandered off into the woods. If anything happened to Ana, it would be on her. Kelsey pressed the palm of her hands into her eyes.

Kindle needed tending to, they had problems to solve - they had a bazillion other things to do and she was crying.

Fucking idiot. Pull yourself together. It's your fault so do something and try to fix it.

She couldn't fix it. After trying to keep everything together for so long, Kelsey finally fell apart. For the first time since she'd step foot into Henbard she felt absolutely broken. It didn't look like she would be much help to anyone in her current state.
AMschoQQ-NpjZ5RfZe2rIizom-bAa0rWZO9j3mYZes7nBjL8_ZK5uf-z9CG1hhGMYV-U9_dwv0DjNAlDjRo4G5PPpT8N_kGzqd9BckTwxvUdlrf91TfDKES2YYZaqMFTeVNzPEhy

kL4fW5B.png
While the humans did their own thing, the dogs did what they could to help. Joseff in particular, had chosen to lie down beside Kindle in hopes of warming up his bespectacled friend. Occasionally, the Shiba Inu would let out a low whine before moving closer toward the unconscious boy to lick his face. He repeated the action every now and then before calling out to Castor for help. "Borf borf!" When Castor turned away, Joseff continued barking until the Doberman had no choice but to listen.

Castor eventually relented. Ella would have wanted him to help, and the green-haired human had shown him kindness. Slowly he padded toward the humans huddled around Kindle. He bumped his head against Marten's back - a brief show of appreciation - before lowering himself onto his haunches and lying on the opposite side of the bespectacled boy.

Kindle - with Joseff on his left and Castor on his right - was now sandwiched between the two dogs.
K95iVqe.png
Charlotte's heart went out to the unconscious boy and the sobbing girl, but she decided it would be best to give them space and let their friends handle the situation. Instead, the ex-nun turned her attention to the portrait and the letter that had suddenly appeared while they had been away. "It certainly looks like the young miss. 18? What year is it?" Charlotte looked pained. She could no longer tell how much time had passed since she'd arrived at Henbard. "The young miss went missing in 2001. She told us when she first arrived. It was normal for residents of Henbard Chateau to lose track of time. "I'm not sure about the letter, but we need to remain vigilant." Her featured darkened. "As you already know, he likes to play games."

Kelsey couldn't remember, but that was okay; just knowing that she and Kindall were alive was all London needed. For the first time in her life, she was content to live without answers. Her friend wrapped freezing arms around her and it chilled London to the bone in a myriad of different ways. One, it was literally cold and, two, she'd never been one for public displays of affection, even those platonic in nature. Awkward and shy, despite the boldness of her secret temper, London stiffened at the contact. Several seconds passed before she finally kicked herself into returning the gesture. She felt less out of place when the others joined in, proving to London again that - just like in the cellar after they removed their masks - hugs were in order. One by one her friends peeled themselves away and everything seemed right again.

Until they were reminded it wasn't. Kelsey inquired about Ana and tension returned to London's shoulders. Just thinking of what had happened threatened to boil her blood; only the self-inflicted wound on her knuckle, which suddenly became a very prominent sting, kept her in check. Throwing another fit wouldn't help Ana. It wouldn't help anyone.

Luckily for the group, save for Marten herself, the grunette shouldered the responsibility of breaking the bad news. London had never been the most empathetic person but she could see devastation clear as day. Felt it as Kelsey's nails dug into her wrist enough to leave deep red indents behind. London had no comforting words to offer, the irony of it all irritating her; she spent hours upon hours each week studying the very nature of English itself, yet could do little more than string together a pathetic "I'm sorry, Kelsey..."

At least she didn't ask if Kelsey was okay. The answer to that, as anyone in the room could see, was a very obvious 'no'. Swallowing the tight lump in her throat, London followed Kelsey and sat down beside her. Hesitantly rubbed the girl's back as she sobbed. She yearned to escape from the uncomfortable act of consoling a crying person but, as Kelsey's friend, forced herself to stay put and be supportive. How many times had the others put up with her own tears? Far too many times for her to leave things as they were and not feel awful.

Yet, that didn't mean she couldn't be productive. Slipping the Cryptodex out of the windbreaker pocket, London flipped it open to a new page with her free hand and grabbed the red crayon she'd been using as a book marker. From there, she went to work writing down what had happened since her last entry as well as the newfound discoveries of her friends.

Halfway through an entry, London's head shot up. "Charlotte... what is the Rabbit Hole?"

Jace_Banner.png

"Don't even throw that out in the universe." Jace said with a pained look to his green-haired friend. The idea that Butzy could be Ella's father was heinous. What father would torture his little girl with possessed dolls and evil teddy bears? "Nevermind, don't answer that." He thought to himself and rolled his eyes. Sad as it was, there were some pretty messed up people out there who weren't beyond tormenting their own children. He looked at the photo again, a warm fondness for the child rousing a meek and somewhat sad smile. She reminded him a lot of Ana and Kelsey when they were little; not because they were similar per se - Ella was much more shy and well-behaved - but because his desire to protect her was very much the same as it was for those two trouble makers. Ella's father was definitely not Butzy.

"Don't think about it. Don't. Think. About it." Jace took a deep breath in and let it out slowly through his nose. It took effort to push Ana out of his mind, to not even dare to hope that she was alive. As painful as it was, the best way to push forward was to not think about the grief or the guilt. There wasn't time to shut down now. He blinked hard to resist the tears pricking in his eyes again and tried to focus on Charlotte.

"2001? So... Ella would be more like... Nita's age." He frowned down at the letter. So it was a few years old, which was a little disappointing. At the same time, it was new to the room. It certainly wasn't there either of the previous two times the group had visited Ella's room. "I wonder if her family is still looking for her?" Jace muttered, though mostly to himself. "Like we should be looking for Ana." He sighed, the Kelsey's sobs having eaten away at his resolve. Finally, with resignation, Jace gave the letter and photo back to Ethan, not even so much as glancing at the torn wedding invitation. He sat beside Kelsey on Ella's bed, wrapping his arms around her in a brotherly bear hug.

"I'm sorry." Jace whispered. "I never should've let go of her." He sniffled as a few tears fell. While in his rational mind he knew it wasn't anyone's fault but the dolls', it didn't stop him from feeling responsible. Ana and Kelsey were his childhood friends; they were like sisters to him. What kind of a friend and brother was he if he couldn't protect them? Come to think of it, perhaps none of this would have happened if he hadn't let Kelsey wander off by herself in the first place. If he had gone with her to search for Jo, maybe things would be different. "I'm so sorry." His fingers curled into the windbreaker London had placed over Kelsey's shoulders; his ragged breaths were soft and muffled in her hair. There was some obscure form of closure in holding her, in grieving together. If for just a moment, it was a reminder that not all was lost.

"We'll find her. One way or another, we'll find her."

o52UvLE.png
"Dammit, Kelsey, you know that if you cry, I'll cry too." Hearing Ana's fate, understandably, made them all feel all worse for wear. The lingering feeling that none of them are truly safe in Henbard and may end up the next victim definitely wasn't the best kind of sentiment they needed right now. Ethan looked at Kelsey with a glum look on his face, she had always been a fighter, a go-getter at her core. Hell, she wanders around Whittle Grove for fucking cryptids to document on her blog for Pete's sake, but there was another thing that Kelsey was at her core; human.

They were all slaves to their emotions, not one of them were immune to the feeling of well, feeling. Not one to let words do his talking for him, the young man gently embraced his crying friend. Petting her lightly in the back and encouraging her to let it all out. Hugs may not solve all your problems, but it makes dealing with them just a bit more bearable. He could let pass the fact that Kelsey's tears were currently dampening his costume, he shrugged. They weren't his anyways.

Kelsey still in his arms, Ethan answered Jace's queries with some reassurance in his voice. "They should be, I mean...Her parents don't look THAT old in the picture." Deciding that hug times were over, the young man let Kelsey out of his arms, only to find that Jace was there to welcome her in another. Really. They should just be hugging it out at this point. Through the power of love and friendship, they'll show the asshat of a puppeteer running the show here that through sheer fluffy times, they can win.

...Or maybe that was just the anime marathons and the JRPG's in his head talking again..."Rabbit Hole?" Ethan asked, confused. He knew Ella was the type of girl to be into princesses and wonderful landscapes full of make-believe creatures that a stoner most likely made up, but London's question just made more questions-at least for him anyway. "Don't tell me we're like gonna have to paint roses red and have to chase an invisible cat or something."

"You got a point there, Tarzan..." Marten muttered softly to herself, body going into autopilot trying to rub life back into Milton. The walls had ears in this place, and even if her theory was too farfetched that didn't mean that evil pumpkin wasn't around to make some kind of horror show of it. No, she hadn't been there for the Matt fiasco, but if she had to see anybody's melting parents... I'm pulling a London and going ape shit on everything withing 3 meters of me!

On another note, she never wanted to cry ever again. That was literally impossible; however, it didn't change the fact that her eyes were starting to hurt with that pulsing sort of ache that reminded you that even tear ducts of all things needed a sabbatical. Snrk, makes you wonder if wenus' go on vacation! Oh, har-har... Well, things couldn't be too foreboding if her terrible humor was still in working order. Maybe she was just delirious with sleep and hunger?

Speaking of hunger... Weren't they supposed to be getting some type of food?Now, how to say this delicately in the midst of great loss and general sadness?

"Not to be a jerk, but... Might we discuss Alice's adventures over tea, or coffee... or freaking juice even? I'll even settle for some Tang at this point assuming it's not from the 90s though." Heck, even space juice couldn't survive that long, right? She was going to be thinking about it now though. She almost wanted to try some Tang from the 90s after all. At least if she did die it would be on her own terms... in a blaze of artificial orange glory! Yup, I'm delirious.

She hoped that Charlotte hadn't forgotten about it. She was being awfully quiet. Then again, the woman seemed very good at empathizing with people. This was presently made worse by literally the worst night in the history of all nights aside from the birth of Hitler! But, in general, Marten didn't have that skill. She was more an emotional bull... in the Feelings China Store... on the corner of YOLO Swag4EVA Blvd and F@8K You Sad Thoughts Ave.