Skeletons in the Closet (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

Kai listened intently as the job roles were listed to him, finding himself smiling confidently the more he started to believe that he could do everything that was required of him. The idea of dancers being present didn't deter him. He was innocently minded, but he was also mature enough to understand that this was a nightclub and debauchery was only expected to occur - and if he was being paid a good amount, he wasn't going to turn his nose up at what grown men and women did with their time.

His attention briefly broke as he heard one of the children stir, leaning across dotingly to shush the only girl of the bunch back to sleep, watching proudly as the blonde baby gurgled and drifted back to sleep. The omega glanced back at the alpha when hearing him continue to speak, his smile hesitating before disappearing a little more.

It was nice to be complimented, not hearing someone call him cute in months, but the reminder that he was alone hurt. He knew Travis was out in the woods somewhere, raising a child with the boy he had cheated on Kai with, and that hurt him, as it would hurt anyone. It didn't help that single omegas were often looked down upon, as though they had done something wrong to be abandoned by their alpha. Being so young and having three young children didn't help avoid judgement either, Kai squirming a tad as he tried to find the words to answer him.

"I... haven't got anyone. I live at a, uh... safe house. I had to escape an alpha and-- and then the man that helped me left me alone, so-- so no, I haven't got anyone, but that's fine. I'm not weak; I... I'll do whatever I can to be strong for my children. Which is why I need this job; to give them a future. I... I'd understand if you turned me down, but-- but I'm really determined and a hard worker and-- and I get along well with people."

Aki nodded his head, as she listened to what he said about his living situation. "I think that is completely fine with me. You can be on your own, and be a good working parent like this. This is the modern era," Aki said with a nod of his head. He liked Kai, with how he acted and he acted somewhat like a tough alpha in away. "I am not gonna turn you down. I am gonna give you the job," Aki said pushing the paperwork forward more.

"That is some paperwork, I need you to fill out and bring to me when you have the time. My email with my number is on that sticky note, so just talk to me when you are available so we can go over at later date. Remember to write down your availability...." Aki explained to him before he slowly got up from the bar.

"I hope you can get to me soon. I think you will be good for the team, all information is in that package," Aki said starting to walk away as someone had come over to talk with Kai. "So..did you get hired here? I hope Aki didn't scare you...He does that to get out the weak, and keep tough ones.."

Reactions: potassiumboron
Kai clutched the paperwork to his chest, seemingly frozen to the spot as the news sunk in that he had the job. He had expected a tougher interview, perhaps even judgement from the alpha, so to have the job within minutes and have nothing but positivity in return, from an alpha who seemingly understood and appreciated his lifestyle and living arrangements, was, for a moment, far too good to be true.

He only seemed to realise the truth when approached by another worker, his smile wide as he finally came to the realisation that he had been successful in his endeavour to find work. He had done so before when he worked at the diner, but he felt more proud of the achievement this time around. He wasn't even 20 year and had three children to care for without their father around to help - he felt incredibly proud of the fact he was getting work to support them and show them that he would always work hard for them.

It was far more than what Travis had ever done for them, after all.

"I... I think I have the job, yeah!" He beamed, hurrying to place the paperwork in his bag before grabbing the stroller, smiling sweetly down at the slumbering babies. "Aki-- no, he wasn't scary, he's lovely, actually! The nicest alpha I've met in... well, ever!"

"You just have to keep on his good side. Be on your bad side, and it may not end well for you and job here...." the fellow co-worker said with a nervous look. They looked a little surprised by that but shrugged it off as something. "Never to hear from Aki. That is quite weird but I guess you had some bad luck with them then...."

"See you around Kai," they had said before they had left to get back to work.

Aki hadn't completely left, and was listening to what the two of them saying. Hearing those type of words coming from an omega like that, made him grin like that. That was something no one described but he guessed he had shown his better side. Once Kai saw the other, then maybe his views would change. That happened.

He knew some feared him and his father, with the rest of the family whenever they had strolled in.

Kai didn't understand the words of caution, blinking in surprise as the warning came his way. He didn't know the reputation Aki and his family possessed; that they were unafraid to blackmail people to get their way - or even murder them if it had to get to that point. He didn't understand that, effectively, danger ran through that family, that they oversaw an empire and used fear, threats and their power to ensure this empire remained strong an intact.

No, Kai was blissfully unaware of the reputation Aki and his family held, meaning he stared in confusion as he was handed several words of caution intended to keep him on the good side of his new employers. Instead of dwelling on it too much, he scurried from the club, deciding to fill out the papers over a cup of tea and some cake at a cafe - after the good news, he felt he was deserving of a little treat.

As he hurried out, a woman entered and her piercing eyes calmly took in the sight of the young omega with her lip curled in annoyance at the babies. The woman, dripping in jewels and donning a figure-hugging, expensive dress, ignored the fearful glances that followed her as she wandered past the workers and into the office behind the scenes.

"...I do hope you haven't hired that omega, brother," murmured Alice as she took in the sight of Aki with another of her frowns, lighting herself a cigarette as she calmly examined some paperwork from the desk. "He has children; obligations and responsibilities outside of this nightclub. You know Father likes workers he can call on at any time, hm?"

Aki was in the back office, as he was working on the paperwork that was before him. Spotting his sister comes in, as he waved toward her, before hearing what she said, " I am thinking about it you know Alice. You rather..expensive for so early...." Aki commented with a shrug of his shoulders. "Yes I do know, but I sensed a drive in him and come on. You know I like the good ones," Aki said with a grin coming across his face.

Looking over the paperwork again, "Let's just see how it goes. If he is willing to come here and do it even with our family business and history, to work for us..." Aki started, "Then he must be desperate or just not fearful. Unless the guy came in without no knowledge. SO try to be nice, Alice and you know someone like that could come into good use for us later..."

"You forget the family is starting to annoyed that I haven't gotten anybody, and no children either.," Aki said. "How are things for you though? You sometimes don't come here..."

"Father said I ought to take more of an interest in this sordid little nightclub. You know I'd rather be at the hotel, but Father says that Mother is best suited running that, so I thought I'd get more involved here. Daddy did say he'd buy me a new car if I worked here for a month, and I really want a new Ferrari," she drawled in the typical spoilt fashion expected from her. She was a typical Daddy's Little Girl, knowing how to get what she wanted out of the man. She knew that the family business and their empire was built upon lies, murder and threats, but the girl couldn't care less.

She liked the fact her family had the reputation they had - and just because she liked her expensive clothes and jewels didn't mean she wasn't like them, too. Her father had raised her to be as ruthless as her brothers; to know how to get what she wanted at any cost.

No matter who get hurt in the process.

She calmly took a seat on the ledge of the window, breathing the smoke out with a soft sigh to herself at her brother's words. The pressure to have children was one that was forced on her shoulders too, their parents being eager for them to add to the family and provide heirs for the business. It wasn't ideal for her, not wanting to lose her figure that she had spent millions on perfecting - so she was hoping her brother managed to get an omega pregnant soon, whether or not he found someone he genuinely loved.

"...Yes, well, Daddy's getting rather desperate for a several grandchildren and I have no intention on popping out some horrid brats, so it's down to you or one of the others. I certainly won't be doing that," she snorted, reaching over to take her brother's glass of wine. "As for that omega you seem so interested in - are you going to make him dance here? He'd be popular, he has that cute look men go for. He's small, has a good body... he'd earn us a lot from dancing, hm? But he seems too innocent for that. He seems boring, really."

"Little Ms.Spoiled, arent you? Then again, you can work when you need too Sis..." Aki commented on how spoiled she was acting. Aki wasn't one that liked getting everything handed to him. He worked for his things, but he was still spoiled in his own way. "Hopefully you can pull your own weight or I'll just tell Dad you aren't fit for here.." Aki said with a tease, and a grin over his place.

"Yeah, I know that sis, trust me I know. I am only one who could handle it, I don't think the other could," Aki said, trying to imagine who could deal with that. It made him laugh to think of one of his brothers or his sister in that type of position. When the question came around, he thought for a moment as the wheels started to move inside of his brain. Kai could bring in some good money, with how he looked and all.

"I was already thinking sister. Trust me, I think I can handle that part. Once the girls get a hold of him, they will make sure to teach him. They learn from the best, which is Mom and you when you work..." Aki said moving to take back his wine and finished it in one go. "Now leave, I have to call him. I got to put that pressure on, to see if he can get it completed by next time we meet.."

Alice calmly observed her younger brother curiously, his apparent fascination with the omega he had just hired being a little confusing to her. Plenty of omegas had applied for jobs in the past and not one had been hired so quickly and captured her brother's attention quite like Kai had. Aki was a professional through and through; his father's main heir for taking over his businesses and inheriting his role as the leader of the mafia he was at the heart of, and for that, he needed a clear head. For the most part, he succeeded in that.

So seeing him so invested in this Kai boy, seeming her brother so eager to involve him in their world and have an excuse to be around him, was confusing. Interesting, sure, but confusing nonetheless.

"...Be careful, at least. He's, what? 19? And he has three children, hm? He probably has an alpha lingering around, I don't want you getting into a horrid battle with some tough, strong alpha, you'd just embarrass yourself," she teased in return, tapping out her cigarette with a tired groan. "And he's not the omega you want to have children with. Father wants you to find yourself someone of our calibre and social standing; not some little run with three kids already under his belt, brother. You can do far better than that; find yourself a boy with quality and money. Not some teenager who probably had sex with anyone that gave him an ounce of attention."

Reactions: BattyBerry
"Yeah I will be careful and yeah he is, but he is mature for his age for taking caring of those kids so well...." Aki mentioned before shaking his head. "I don't think he has one, I asked him about that. Since I rather not have one come pissed that their omega is showing off their assets.." Aki told his sister. Rolling his eyes, "You say but I have been able to hold my own. Just not when I'm drunk, you remember how I can get. That's why I don't do it," Aki said to her then.

Letting out a growl, moving straight from the desk before going over to his sister. Going grab at his sister's wrist, gripping it rather harshly for the time that he talked. "Don't say such things. We have everyone from every type of life working here. Just cause you have everything, so judge them. Now, go before I get someone remove you or I do it..." Aki said, his aura coming out in a more aggressive and big type of manner.

Slowly letting go of her hand now, before he walked to his desk and fetched something to drink from his little fridge in the office. It was a beer, as he moved to open it up while taking a long sip. "Go.."

Alice was used to the men in her family acting like this when they were spoken to in a way they didn't like. She had had to deal with all her brothers thinking they were tougher than they were - but when it came to Aki, the girl genuinely knew not to push him too far. Family meant everything, but that didn't mean they weren't against making sure respect was shown and the rules followed, and Alice did have a tendency of pushing those to their limits.

She frowned as she examined the marks on her wrist, knowing that it would bruise. She could show her father and have Aki punished for the behaviour, but she knew that wasn't likely to happen when Aki was the favourite son; the heir of the family fortune and their father's pride and joy for continuing the family empire when he died. Even if she was the only daughter, and a Daddy's girl, she knew Aki was the favourite - so whining about how he had hurt her wasn't going to do her any favours. It would only end with her father cutting her allowance for tattling, and when she had expensive habits, losing her thousands of dollars a month really wasn't suitable.

She shut up and made an exit, therefore, deciding that she wasn't going to get in the way - and if everything went to shit, she could always boast about how she was right later on.

Oblivious to the family drama, Kai made a reappearance an hour later after taking the time at the local cafe to fill in the paperwork. For once, he had treated himself and came back to the club with a content smile. He had a job and an alpha in charge who seemed nice and not like the other alphas he had met who were either cruel like Benji, or cheated and abandoned him like Travis. Aki seemed like he was understanding and kind, and while he had a dark side, Kai was oblivious and naive to it.

"I... have the paperwork for you; they said to bring it to your office," he smiled once shuffling through to the work space, handing the papers over proudly. "I worked at a diner before so I... have experience, and they gave a reference, so... I can work whenever you need me to. The safe house I'm at look after the kids if I need them to, they're like family, so it's... not a problem. I can be flexible."

As Alice left, and before Kai had appeared, Aki had talked with someone to get Alice something as an apology gift. "Make sure there are those flowers she likes and something sweet for my sister. Include a note, saying I'm sorry from your brother Aki.." Aki said before hanging up on the phone. He went back to work, looking to see that Kai had come back. Resting his hands on the desk now, looking at the male before him. His sister was right though, so he would need to think on more business side.

He still thought the omega was cute even after those kids.

"Good! Glad you came back with it, I thought I would have to contact you and get it like tomorrow. Promising work," Aki said taking the paperwork before looking it over before placing it in a file on his desk. Hearing the info, "So you are in one of those safe houses, they treat you well in there?" Aki asked him. "Flexible huh? There is a question. You will be waitressing for us, but what about other things? Like dancing on stage? I have thought about it so I want to know if you are okay..."

"If not, you may not be getting many hours. If you dance for us, you will get your money like tips from costumers that you will need to share. We are very popular here...." Aki told him with a shrug of his shoulders. Checking his personal cell phone, to see if his sister got what he had sent for her.

As Kai sat down in a chair opposite the other, he busied himself with adjusting the blanket over the triplets, smiling proudly at how quiet and well-behaved they all were as they sat in their stroller together. His attention was taken away from them at the alpha's suggestion, his eyes wide as he tried to absorb just what had been asked of him.

He had the hunch that the nightclub wasn't an ordinary place for young people to go and dance and drink at. He knew that it was a place aimed towards the richest members of society, but he didn't have an issue with that, knowing that it meant he might make a lot of money from tips that way. What he didn't understand was that it also catered to people who wanted a little more enjoyment; who wanted to watch attractive people dance about on stages, earning money from effectively showing their bodies off. He wasn't judgemental and was, in fact, liberal when it came to that sort of thing - if people wanted to do that and had the body for it, then who was he to judge?

But he couldn't help but frown to himself when it was suggested that he be one of those people, nervously fiddling with a little thread on his jumper. He had children to care for and he couldn't imagine that dancing would be something they would be proud of him for when they grew up - even though he would be doing it to earn money to care for them, and as a single omega with no family, earning money in and of itself was difficult to do.

Then there was the fact that he didn't think he was right for the role. He imagined that the women that danced were all perfect to look at, and the men strong and muscular. He didn't think there would be anyone out there that wanted a small omega to flaunt themselves, the idea of it making him snort.

"I'm not the right sort of person to... do that," he laughed awkwardly, tapping his hands on his knees to relieve the awkwardness a little. "I'm... small, short I mean. And... I haven't got the body, I mean-- I'm thin, not... curvy or whatever. A-And the safe house... I love them but I... they'd judge me for this, they'd throw me out. I want to... earn money, I do, but I can't a-afford a place of my own."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: BattyBerry
"YOur not the right person eh? Are you judging these people that use their bodies for talents..." Aki said with a roll of his eyes, as he tried to not show his irritation at the time. Hearing all of the reasons, he started to jot things down before putting that paper into the file too. "I think I can get you to do some waitressing here and serving alcohol since you are legal age. That's all I can give you right now," Aki said slowly getting up with the file before walking to where his file cabinet was to put it away.

" I will be talking with you and take care fo your children too. I can see why you work so hard for them," Aki said going into the wallet and pulled out a 20 dollar bill before placing it down on the desk. "Take it if you want. With this information, I will see if I can start giving you work. Your email and phone work right? I will email you everything else but remember. You are going to be doing a mix of days and nights here.."

"Good luck.."

The atmosphere changed almost immediately when Kai's body language abruptly changed. He had been nervous but relaxed until that moment, and then he saw the alpha roll his eyes and hide irritation not that well. As soon as he realised that the other was annoyed, the omega's body stiffened in fear. Past experiences with alphas hadn't gone too well, obviously, and just when he thought Aki had been different, here the alpha was, growing irritated and speaking coldly to him.

Kai didn't think he had said or done anything wrong, and yet he couldn't help but blame himself for trusting someone he barely knew.

Every alpha was the same, and trusting one had been his own fault. In an ideal world, he would tell the other to keep his job and rush out, but he needed the money. He didn't know what other business would hire him given his lack of experience and living situation, and the job he now had had the potential to earn him a lot of money.

However scared he was of Aki, he just couldn't turn that money down.

"...Fine," he replied as nonchalantly as he could manage, deciding that if the other was going to be cold to him, he could return that coldness. He had let alphas in to his personal life too often and gotten hurt because of it. Perhaps it was just easier to keep a distance to stop that heartache ever occurring again. "I don't need the $20, I can wait until I work to earn money. I... don't need your charity, sir. It's offensive a-actually."

Aki gave him a look, taking the 20 bucks back and placing it back into his wallet, putting it back into his pocket. Moving over to the other, but kept his distance away from the children though. Making his way over Kai, looking at the other, more so. "I didn't mean too. I am sorry for causing you any type of annoyance or pain..." Aki started to say. "My work gets in away since it is a family business. My sister was being an idiot, and she got me upset too..

"Now go enjoy your day with those children of yours. They deserved to be raised by someone like you, seeing their mother go out and work. Too bad, that alpha of yours doesn't see how good you are...." Aki said, with a shrug, moving to go back to sit at the desk. "Enjoy yourself now..."

• Useful
Reactions: potassiumboron
"You... don't get to treat me like this, it's unfair. You can't be nice to me one moment and then... cold the next. For no reason. It's like whiplash, it's confusing and... I don't think it's fair, really. I never said I wouldn't dance and I certainly wasn't judgemental. I won't have you put words in my mouth. I'll dance if I'm being offered the chance to learn how to; all I said was that I'm no natural, that I need to be taught how to break out of my shyness. I... I want to do that, sir. Don't put words into my mouth and assume I'm judgemental; I don't like that," the omega sternly pointed out, his expression serious as he locked eyes with the alpha, eyes flaming in that steely determination. Speaking up against an alpha wasn't easy for any omega, let alone one that was already prone to nervousness, but this was something he felt passionately about.

He wanted to make as much money as he could for his children, to give them a good life. Like hell was he going to sit back meekly and allow that chance to disappear from his grasp just because the alpha didn't like how he had replied to the question. It was far from fair and, bravely, he decided to speak up for himself.

He wasn't great at defending himself usually, but clearly, he had some strength inside him when he needed to draw upon it.

"So I'll dance here; I just think I'll need help, that's all. And I can't imagine many men will like how I look, but I'll work on that too. I'll put on a little weight if I need to," he smiled as he fiddled with his jumper again, biting his lip as he tried to work out Aki's expression. "...I like you, and I like the job. Just... I don't understand why you acted so coldly, I guess. I thought we were getting along, sir?"

Aki was rather surprised that Kai had stood up to him before he moved to reach over to him but had stopped himself. "You sure have some spunk, Kai. Not much do that with me," Aki said, sounding rather impressed with a cross of his arms. He didn't want to say anything else, but just let this settle down for now..."

"I don't think you need to do that. You are very good looking and I think you will catch lots of people's chance...." Aki said to him with a nod. "We can help you dance," Aki continued to say before hearing that last question about how his attitude changed. "We were getting along. I just have to act like this..with how our business works and with how my family works too..."

"Now, you may need to get along. Some customers come in early before the real shows happen..." Aki instructed him, ready to lead him out. "Let me help you out, I tend to do this to help with some of the omega's..." Aki said after, ready to lead him.

"...Well, for the record, I like how you acted before, without it being forced. You're a nice person, Aki. Behind the facade you put on, I think you're really sweet. I get that that's not tough or intimidating, but... well, sometimes you can be sweet and vulnerable too; that's not embarrassing. I like that side of you," the omega nodded as he finally let the tension leave his body. He was still on edge and naturally wary of Aki, but he was at least willing to give him another chance, if only because he desperately needed the job and wasn't willing to lose out on the money over something so small.

"You don't need to help me because I'm an omega; you can help me because you're a decent guy and want to be gentlemanly. Me being an omega shouldn't influence anything. I'm not weak or pathetic, I can manage to head out by myself. I want you to help me because I think that's polite of you and it's a nice offer, but... you shouldn't even think of me as needing help because I'm an omega, that shouldn't matter. You should want to help because that's just polite; I'd do the same for you," he pointed out as he pushed himself to his feet and carefully took the handles of the stroller, pushing it out with some effort through the doorway. He wasn't going to pretend that he didn't need help, because it was obvious he did, but he naturally hated the fact the other was offering because he was an omega.

But he wasn't going to snap at him for it. He wanted to educate him, teach him how he preferred to be referenced at. Yelling at him wasn't going to help anyone.

"I, uh-- I appreciate this, you know. I've had bad experiences with alphas so...that's why I was... standoffish, I was just wary and-- I think you're nice, so... I'm sure we can get along, right?"

Aki listened to him, hearing that Kai like him when he was nice before and not forced. "You like that side of mine? Thank you for letting me know. I don't have people telling me that. Some don't approach me," Aki started to say. "I am gonna try to do that. To show this more sensitive side..." Aki continued to say.

Aki moved in to try to help him out, helping him out of the office before speaking. "Well, now you got my help. Since I know there wont be many doors that you can get out, and it would to good to keep the door open. Pushing that stroller with all of three of them, lot of work. I don't know if I could do that ever, takes a lot of strength for someone to do that.." Aki said as he helped him along with where the front doors were

Hearing that last part, he sighed out. "Yes, I think we will. Just keep your head up, and keep strong you know. Especially in this type of industry..." Aki answered him with a nod before keeping the front door open. Thinking for a moment, before speaking up before Kai could leave, "How you getting home? Do you have a vehicle? I could drive you or get someone to drive you back..." he asked.