Skeletons in the Closet [Mystery, Modern Fantasy, Mild Horror]

F

Fox of Spades

J7qHwNN.gif

(Closed to new applicants)

There is a something in the woods...

I first saw it when I was eight years old - a shadowy, amorphous shape that spoke in bursts of static. It had moss for skin and eyes that shone a bright orange in the darkness of the September evening. For as long as I could remember, Bellwoods had always been a strange place.This town holds secrets, most adults would say without ever explaining what those secrets were.

1. Do not wander into the forest
2. Never look the creature in the eyes
3. DO NOT WANDER INTO THE FOREST

These are things all children in Bellwoods know, but It never stopped me from staring into the shadows or skulking along the fringes of the forest in hopes of catching a glimpse of the creature in the woods. There were mysteries in Bellwoods - shapes in the white woods, missing children, voices in people's heads. There were mysteries and I wanted to solve them all.

I'll be documenting my encounters with the creature in this blog. I hope to find some answers, and should anything happen to me, this will serve as a record of my findings - of proof. I feel like I'm getting close. I'm seeing it more these days.
This sleepy, idyllic town is not what it appears to be. Don't let it fool you.

Kelsey Crane
August 5, 2015

Logbook and chat log

[warning=red]To access the logbook, RP requirements, and extra information please visit the official information site: Skeletons in the Closet. Thank you! Also, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me or my fellow GMs @Fox of Hearts and @Haru Nyan. We'll be more than happy to help you with anything you need.[/warning]

Poster
Q6PZcSJ.jpg

9oNNNHU.jpg

3ngWAO0.jpg

MK9KpMh.jpg

ivHem4j.jpg

pLFEuFX.jpg

blue So what is this RP about? Basically, this RP will revolve around a group of college kids who head off into Whittle Grove to find clues about their missing friend and the missing children of Bellwoods. What they don't realize is that they're about to be thrown into one big spooky adventure. Dangers and mysteries await in the forest and it is up to our cast to solve them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's that time of the year again. Anyway, heyo to anyone who stumbled upon Skeletons in the Closet! I'm not one for a lot of words, but I hope you all can take a gander at our little RP and spice things up this October~ Me and my friends here have spent the past few days workin' and brainstorming something a little fun we could do for Halloween and well, this is it. Let the skeleton wars begin and all~​

Oh goodness.. Oh goodness... This could be my Halloween fix!

Reactions: Fox of Spades
You mentioned this being a short RP. Does that mean there is a surprise ending already planned or will the play just be fast paced?

@Impudimp

Nah, no surprise ending (though we already have an end goal in mind), but the entirety of the RP will only span one IC day. It's a halloween-themed RP my friends and I plan to finish in a few months. Posts will be twice a week ^^ so nothing too speedy!

Oh wow, one day? That's really cool. What are you all looking for in prospective characters? Lost children, concerned parents, search party members, demon hunters, etc. ?

@Impudimp

We're looking for college kids who are friends with the missing girl and part of the search party. And yep ^^! One intense day where everything goes wrong and the stakes are raised. If you look at the last bit of this int check, the blue info sign thing, it'll give you a summary.

Oh nice! Is it safe to assume a basic character sheet is alright?

@Impudimp

We'll be giving out the character sheets once we have enough people ^^! Feel free to think of character concepts though, and if you have any questions regarding that, feel free to PM me.

I’m definitely interested! While reading I was thinking of all kinds of different scenarios in my head and after visiting the blog, I’m hooked. <3

@primmababy

Thank you for the interest :D! I'm glad the blog hooked you in~

I was a bit worried the logbook would scare people off since there's quite a bit to read ^^! Once we have enough people, my fellow GMs and I will post the Character Sheet then we'll make a discord group for the final cast.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Also, welcome to Iwaku :D! Hope you enjoy your stay!

This looks so cool. I am so down if You'll have me~

@IceQueen

Thank you for the interest ^^!

Pft, Ice and cool, badumtssss. I see what you did there. Puns aside, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :D!

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
@IceQueen

Thank you for the interest ^^!

Pft, Ice and cool, badumtssss. I see what you did there. Puns aside, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :D!
So far I have none but I'll let ya know

@Dante - Want to come play , Lovebug? ^^

Yes, let's all get our spoop on~

We're aiming to have everything done by Friday (Discord group and character sheet templates should be up by then too). Hopefully we can get a few more people before then ^^

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen