Tattletale slowly nodded a few times as two of the group introduced themselves. One spoke using a voice chang- no, it was a tape recorder. Was he a mute? ...No, that wasn't it. For one reason or another, the man didn't speak. While intriguing, especially for a meddlesome girl like herself, it didn't really matter at the moment.

She passed off the Rooster mask as a sort of disguise.

She had next to no idea what Mercury was talking about, with "Beacon" obviously not being a school in the area. However, it sounded a little bit similar, with their "team leader" dynamic to the ones in this world. Perhaps the world they'd come from hadn't diverged too far. Her power soon let her know otherwise though. Their worlds were extraordinarily different. It was obvious to her that he was withholding something, but the question at hand here wasn't "how" she'd draw it out. No, she had full confidence she could do that.

It was whether that would be necessary or not.

Tattletale tapped her chin a few times with a vulpine grin on her face, eyeing the man from head to toe, before he spoke up about the girl whose remains they'd chucked over in the corner. "Friend," was it. He didn't seem outright malicious, but clearly they weren't on the same side. More importantly though, that meant two different people from the same world had been brought here.

"Oh, would you like to be the one to dissect her then?" she laughed.

"Well, it's not like we tried very hard, and we're not heroes or anything anyway. If you think about it, we shot her dead, so there's nothing to feel bad about!"

It was hard to tell if she was joking as she giggled to herself. Noticing David and Yurick didn't really introduce themselves, she tapped both of them on the head.

"So Ms. Science Fair Experiment over there aside, how about you two introduce yourselves, huh?"

Meanwhile, the one called Skitter seemed to be tending to the body, a hospital bed being wheeled over at her orders.

"Ehehe, oh, really? What did you plan to do without your powers, oh my Goddess? Now now, I'll tell you how to get back...as soon as you introduce yourself~."

@Crimson Spartan @C.T. @The Wanderer @york @Takumi

He grunted in distaste, lone blue eye narrowing momentarily at the sudden contact.

"Yurick." he replied with a sigh, crossing his arms.

"Mercenary where I'm from, don't know why our common enemy, Bonesaw was it?, decided to throw me in a cell with him--" he motioned to Mercury with a bit of irritation whether it was due to Mercury or just the mentiong of being in a cell in general is most likely unkown, "and as for you saving us well...thanks, I guess." he scoffed and shrugged.

@Kaykay @C.T. @Ringmaster @york@The Wanderer @Crimson Spartan

"Ehehe, oh, really? What did you plan to do without your powers, oh my Goddess? Now now, I'll tell you how to get back...as soon as you introduce yourself~."
"I...I would have..." Her words died out. Without her power, all she had was her sword. Skilled with it, to be sure, but without her magic power...she sighed and frowned. "Fine." If she had to stomach this silly introduction business to get answers, so be it.

qPv2uHX.png

"Dimaria Yesta, War Maiden of the Alvarez Empire. Member of the Emperor's 12 elite guards."

[spoili]
latest
[/spoili]

"Satisfied?"

@Crimson Spartan @york @The Wanderer @Kaykay @Takumi

Tattletale slowly nodded a few times as two of the group introduced themselves. One spoke using a voice chang- no, it was a tape recorder. Was he a mute? ...No, that wasn't it. For one reason or another, the man didn't speak. While intriguing, especially for a meddlesome girl like herself, it didn't really matter at the moment.

She had next to no idea what Mercury was talking about, with "Beacon" obviously not being a school in the area. However, it sounded a little bit similar, with their "team leader" dynamic to the ones in this world. Perhaps the world they'd come from hadn't diverged too far. Her power soon let her know otherwise though. Their worlds were extraordinarily different. It was obvious to her that he was withholding something, but the question at hand here wasn't "how" she'd draw it out. No, she had full confidence she could do that.

Tattletale tapped her chin a few times with a vulpine grin on her face, eyeing the man from head to toe, before he spoke up about the girl whose remains they'd chucked over in the corner. "Friend," was it. He didn't seem outright malicious, but clearly they weren't on the same side. More importantly though, that meant two different people from the same world had been brought here.

"Oh, would you like to be the one to dissect her then?" she laughed.

"Can't say i'm handy with dissection tools but i'll give it a shot if you want...?"

525%208_zpspierd4in.png

Mercury didn't seem to mind or care about the comment.

"Anyways you folks need a brain bashed in right...? I can do that for ya no charge since the bitch had to go and ruin my day..." Mercury comment in his usual manor itching for a fight like always.

@Kaykay @C.T. @The Wanderer @york @Takumi

He grunted in distaste, lone blue eye narrowing momentarily at the sudden contact.

"Yurick." he replied with a sigh, crossing his arms.

"Mercenary where I'm from, don't know why our common enemy, Bonesaw was it?, decided to throw me in a cell with him--" he motioned to Mercury with a bit of irritation whether it was due to Mercury or just the mentiong of being in a cell in general is most likely unkown, "and as for you saving us well...thanks, I guess." he scoffed and shrugged.

@Kaykay @C.T. @Ringmaster @york@The Wanderer @Crimson Spartan
"Haha, I wouldn't give the girl too much credit! She's a smart one, but only when it comes to biotinkering. Give her a personal relation problem and she's no better at it than she looks!" Tattletale shrugged off the man's irritated demeanor with a laugh.
"I...I would have..." Her words died out. Without her power, all she had was her sword. Skilled with it, to be sure, but without her magic power...she sighed and frowned. "Fine." If she had to stomach this silly introduction business to get answers, so be it.

qPv2uHX.png

"Dimaria Yesta, War Maiden of the Alvarez Empire. Member of the Emperor's 12 elite guards."

[spoili]
latest
[/spoili]

"Satisfied?"

"Hmm, I think you should do a dance of appreciation too. That'd be a fair trade off, don't you think? All you gotta do is dance a little jig, and-"

"Enough."

The one called Grue, whom the others might have noted to have been rather tall, stepped forward. The darkness he'd been emitting during their escape had long faded.

6OZjNw4.png

"We wanted your names, because it's easier than calling you guys by pronouns. Make no mistake. We are not friends, we are not your pals. We're your damn allies. You guys got the picture from the Protectorate. Bonesaw's got the Necronomicon, and we don't have enough firepower."

In fact, based on how the escape had went, one could easily infer their group had almost 0 offensive pressure whatsoever aside from Skitter's bugs and Bitch's dogs. That is, if they had shown all their cards right then.

"You guys don't want to be here any longer than you have to be I'm sure. And the Protectorate, the dumb bastards who called you here, have been compromised. We have nothing to send you guys back to wherever the hell you guys came from, but the Necronomicon, which summons beasts from god knows where, should have something in it to get you guys back."

He slid his hand across his throat.

"So we're gonna ambush and kill them off, one-by-one. Whittle them down until we can take them in a straight-on confrontation. Is that clear?"

Grue looked at the group, but thanks to the mask it was impossible to discern what kind of expression he had going on behind it. But it seemed that this little reprieve would be short-lived. That is, unless the group wanted to continue to hang around in this world.

"Don't worry gang, I'll be your friend."

Jacket tilted his head. They were brought from a different world? Truth be told, he never noticed. This revelation also dashed one of his plans where he was going to call in the Payday crew to back them up as reinforcements to make up for lack of offense.

But now, he didn't know what to do.

He sighed quietly. Before walking off, he held up his tape recorder. Pressing a button. "Let me know when - we are ready to go! Laissez-moi savoir - quelle wer sont prêts à aller!" The voice on the tape recorder said. Making his way over to a quiet corner. Jacket put down the duffle bag. Opening a side pouch on it, he pulled out a small package of cigarettes. While he did agree to start using the patch as a mean to get off of smoking. Jacket still smoked every once in a while. And needless to say, he needed a smoke at the moment.

Taking off the rooster mask, he rubbed his tired eyes. Truth be told, he looked like he hadn't slept in days and hasn't seen the light of day due to how pale he was.

Then again, that's what happens when you have odd sleeping hours and constant wearing of masks.

Taking out a lighter with a blue motorcycle helmet on it, he lit the cigarette. He reflected on the now deceased members of the group. It reminded him of his unit in Hawaii. How many of the unit were either dead, or walking corpses. Not literally, but last he saw one of his comrades. He was so worn down that he looked older than time itself.

When he had free time, he was going to have to program the new names into the tape recorder. And make empty graves for the deceased...​

"Haha, I wouldn't give the girl too much credit! She's a smart one, but only when it comes to biotinkering. Give her a personal relation problem and she's no better at it than she looks!" Tattletale shrugged off the man's irritated demeanor with a laugh.

"Hmm, I think you should do a dance of appreciation too. That'd be a fair trade off, don't you think? All you gotta do is dance a little jig, and-"

"Enough."

The one called Grue, whom the others might have noted to have been rather tall, stepped forward. The darkness he'd been emitting during their escape had long faded.

6OZjNw4.png

"We wanted your names, because it's easier than calling you guys by pronouns. Make no mistake. We are not friends, we are not your pals. We're your damn allies. You guys got the picture from the Protectorate. Bonesaw's got the Necronomicon, and we don't have enough firepower."

In fact, based on how the escape had went, one could easily infer their group had almost 0 offensive pressure whatsoever aside from Skitter's bugs and Bitch's dogs. That is, if they had shown all their cards right then.

"You guys don't want to be here any longer than you have to be I'm sure. And the Protectorate, the dumb bastards who called you here, have been compromised. We have nothing to send you guys back to wherever the hell you guys came from, but the Necronomicon, which summons beasts from god knows where, should have something in it to get you guys back."

"So we're gonna ambush and kill them off, one-by-one. Whittle them down until we can take them in a straight-on confrontation. Is that clear?"

Grue looked at the group, but thanks to the mask it was impossible to discern what kind of expression he had going on behind it. But it seemed that this little reprieve would be short-lived. That is, unless the group wanted to continue to hang around in this world.

"Now this is a guy I can get behind..."

5235252%2036_zpsjiwe05zp.png

Mercury spoke up seeming to have no problems what so ever with this male. In fact it was probably the first time he wasn't sarcastic about something.

"Alright Boss... You let me know whose face we're gonna smash in first while I do some required maintenance..." Mercury added before location a table and chair. Sitting in the chair he pulled his leg up on the table and pulled back his pant leg revealing to everyone the unique situation with his legs.

mercury_by_thelozzter5000-d9zcdwa.png

Well he seemed to produce a screwdriver from nowhere and got to work.

@Kaykay @C.T. @The Wanderer @york @Takumi

"Oh, would you like to be the one to dissect her then?" she laughed.​

"Well, it's not like we tried very hard, and we're not heroes or anything anyway. If you think about it, we shot her dead, so there's nothing to feel bad about!"
It was hard to tell if she was joking as she giggled to herself. Noticing David and Yurick didn't really introduce themselves, she tapped both of them on the head.
"So Ms. Science Fair Experiment over there aside, how about you two introduce yourselves, huh?"
Meanwhile, the one called Skitter seemed to be tending to the body, a hospital bed being wheeled over at her orders.​

"Enough."

6OZjNw4.png

David Hoover
@Crimson Spartan @C.T. @The Wanderer @Kaykay @Takumi

David seemed a little embarassed realizing he had yet to introduce himself, clearing his throat quietly as he decided to speak up, keeping his introduction rather brief.

"David Hoover. Just your average guy, working an average job." He said, laughing a bit nervously.

"... Guess I wanted a little change in the routine, buuuut, I bit off a little more than I can chew." He added, rubbing the back of his neck.

Soon enough though, their more peacefull chatter was interrupted by the one called "Grue", who seemed more keen on getting down to business. Looks like the Protectorate, the ones who had called them here was gone, and with it, their guarantee of going home. Instead, they would have to hope that the Necronomicon would bring them home, and that would mean they would have to retrieve it from Bonesaw's grasp.

Two birds with one stone, as they say, something David could get behind.

Checking the mysterious pistol that skitter had formed in his hand a while back... Just to make sure it worked, despite the strange way it had been created, and fortunately... Everything seemed to be in working order. With that out of the way, he seemed to have become more serious now, nodding towards Grue.

"Divide and conquer. Right. I'll do what I can." He said quietly, but rather steadily.

Looks like he agreed with the plan, as he too was aware that they were not equipped to handle the bulk of Bonesaw's forces... So the most logical alternative was to take them out one at a time, whittling down the enemy until they were weakened enough to be crushed in a swift, finishing blow.

Perhaps there was still a way to win this after all...

"Fine by me." She bluntly replied, blatantly ignoring the chat about dancing. "Just get on with it. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time in this hell as it is." She kept it brief, seemingly not in the mood for talking either.

"We're leaving in 30 minutes, on the dot. Be ready." Grue nodded gruffly, seemingly somewhat satisfied by the group's decision to just wait for the cue to go.

Whatever the group did for those 30 minutes, Grue and the rest of his group returned right then, just as he said. Bitch's three dogs had grown to the sizes of small cars, and with no motor vehicles in sight it seemed that those were going to be their transportation.

"Two are going to be out patrolling alone. Mannequin, and Burnscar. Mannequin is made up of multiple unrelated metallic parts, and is always armed with weapons. The type changes each time. Burnscar is a pyrokinetic that can teleport through flames. Neither's power has got an obvious weakness, so we're just going to have to beat them down the old fashioned way. Got it?"

Even though he said that, he turned no ears to anything the group may have had to say, simply getting onto a dog as the others in his group did as well. Once the group was all aboard the dogs, slightly uncomfortably given there were 3 or 4 to each dog, they began to run across the city. It was nearly impossible to talk while the dogs were running. They ran fast enough that the wind made communication impossible. The words would just get lost in the wind.

So without any explanation, the dogs suddenly leaped from the ground, bouncing to the top of a building. Once they were there, the dogs finally stopped moving, and Grue and the rest got off the dogs. Bitch whistled and pointed towards one side of the building and they quietly walked over there and lowered their large bodies.

"They're gonna be coming out along that road," Tattletale pointed at the street below them.

Soon enough, just like she'd said, a woman cloaked in a tattered red dress began to walk down the street. Anyone with good eye-sight would have been able to see the vestiges of a crooked smirk, her eyes seeming unfocused and twitchy.

But that was the only strange one who appeared.

"Uh, Tats, where's the other one?" Regent asked, raising an eyebrow at just the one who'd appeared. As Mannequin was described to be metallic it had to be Burnscar, but that still made their information faulty to some degree. Not a comfortable feeling.

"Uh, he's probably about-"

CRASH

594cd750f29fb33abbef62203b371b8d.jpg

A metallic figure slammed onto the roof behind them while they were overlooking the street.

"...there."

Well that wasn't good.

@Crimson Spartan @york @The Wanderer @C.T. @Takumi

"We're leaving in 30 minutes, on the dot. Be ready." Grue nodded gruffly, seemingly somewhat satisfied by the group's decision to just wait for the cue to go.

Whatever the group did for those 30 minutes, Grue and the rest of his group returned right then, just as he said. Bitch's three dogs had grown to the sizes of small cars, and with no motor vehicles in sight it seemed that those were going to be their transportation.

"Two are going to be out patrolling alone. Mannequin, and Burnscar. Mannequin is made up of multiple unrelated metallic parts, and is always armed with weapons. The type changes each time. Burnscar is a pyrokinetic that can teleport through flames. Neither's power has got an obvious weakness, so we're just going to have to beat them down the old fashioned way. Got it?"

Even though he said that, he turned no ears to anything the group may have had to say, simply getting onto a dog as the others in his group did as well. Once the group was all aboard the dogs, slightly uncomfortably given there were 3 or 4 to each dog, they began to run across the city. It was nearly impossible to talk while the dogs were running. They ran fast enough that the wind made communication impossible. The words would just get lost in the wind.

So without any explanation, the dogs suddenly leaped from the ground, bouncing to the top of a building. Once they were there, the dogs finally stopped moving, and Grue and the rest got off the dogs. Bitch whistled and pointed towards one side of the building and they quietly walked over there and lowered their large bodies.

"They're gonna be coming out along that road," Tattletale pointed at the street below them.

Soon enough, just like she'd said, a woman cloaked in a tattered red dress began to walk down the street. Anyone with good eye-sight would have been able to see the vestiges of a crooked smirk, her eyes seeming unfocused and twitchy.

"Uh, Tats, where's the other one?" Regent asked, raising an eyebrow at just the one who'd appeared. As Mannequin was described to be metallic it had to be Burnscar, but that still made their information faulty to some degree. Not a comfortable feeling.

CRASH

A metallic figure slammed onto the roof behind them while they were overlooking the street.

"...there."

Well that wasn't good.

Yurick had remained tight lipped for most of the ride, and simply crossed his arms and waited. When only one of the mentioned patrollers came out he narrowed his eye. Faulty information didn't sit well with him, especially now. When Mannequin did show up he pinched the bridge of his nose momentarily and sighed through his nose, but was ever ready to fight if need be.

@Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @york @The Wanderer @C.T.

CRASH

"...there."

Well that wasn't good.

After finishing the work on his legs Mercury seemed to remain quiet on the ride to the location. He was focused and was already thinking about engagement plans when the came to said location. After seeing target one appear but not target two Mercury expected an ambush and thus had already turned to face Mannequin when it appeared.

5bc45facf79911620615a71a2ceec0cf.jpg

"All of you could probably deal with the dollmaker's worst nightmare over there while I take on little miss Burnscar down there. Course one of you is welcome to come along if you don't think I can handle her.." Mercury simply spoke up before turning his attention to the woman walking down the street. Unless someone were to stop him he'd probably head down there to fight her.

@Kaykay @Takumi @york @The Wanderer @C.T.

CRASH

"...there."

Well that wasn't good.

Yurick had remained tight lipped for most of the ride, and simply crossed his arms and waited. When only one of the mentioned patrollers came out he narrowed his eye. Faulty information didn't sit well with him, especially now. When Mannequin did show up he pinched the bridge of his nose momentarily and sighed through his nose, but was ever ready to fight if need be.

After finishing the work on his legs Mercury seemed to remain quiet on the ride to the location. He was focused and was already thinking about engagement plans when the came to said location. After seeing target one appear but not target two Mercury expected an ambush and thus had already turned to face Mannequin when it appeared.

"All of you could probably deal with the dollmaker's worst nightmare over there while I take on little miss Burnscar down there. Course one of you is welcome to come along if you don't think I can handle her.." Mercury simply spoke up before turning his attention to the woman walking down the street. Unless someone were to stop him he'd probably head down there to fight her.

David Hoover
@Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @The Wanderer @C.T. @Takumi

It seemed that David was staying quiet for most of the ride, but he listened intently to what Grue had mentioned about their opponents; Burnscar, someone with the power of pyrokinesis, who could also teleport through flames... A definite problem if he were to fight her in a direct confrontation, especially in a firefight (both in a literal and figureative sense).

Then there was Mannequin, a mysterious metallic creature, made up of a strange assortments of parts, and one armed with weapons that constantly change... Not looking good for shots from his weapon either... Hmm...

Looks like he'd have take a more tactical approach, like he always did, but as they arrived on the battlefield, it became quickly apparent that they were short on time. Burnscar was patrolling the streets, and Mannequin? Well, it looks like the creature had found itself a nice perching place on a rooftop, right behind them...

Metal and fire... Looks like he'd have to pick his target.

Considering his options, he realized he would be better off taking out Burnscar first, but... How? His gun was most definitely not going to do this alone, buuut, perhaps a little help from his environment juuust might.

Instead of wasting time with a monologue or something, he decided to find and dash towards the nearest fire hydrant. With any luck, it would both be filled with water, and relatively easy to activate somehow... If he couldn't find a tool laying around to do the job, he could just take a risk and shoot it open, but the main thing was that he'd need the element of surprise; if Burnscar caught onto his plan before its execution, she would most definitely teleport out of the way before the water could it her...

Reactions: Takumi

"Sorry, sorry..." Tattletale apologized, though as she was still smiling despite the situation it was unsure how sincere that came across. Mannequin's dangling arm swung back and forth for a few moments, akin to a very large pendulum. Back and forth, back and forth. The speed was beginning to pick up rapidly before finally it launched its arm straight at Yurick!

Nobody stopped Mercury from heading down towards Burnscar, and soon enough they'd be close enough to fight. Flames danced around the streets, Burnscar firing off flames seemingly at random. Small orbs of fire remained on the street, with the few trees in the area being quickly burned to cinders. Her eyes glowed orange as a wisp of flame sat upon her open palm.

"Yo! A buncha you guys really did come around, huh? Just like Jack said! So what's your schtick, huh? What're you gonna show me today?"

With a crooked smile, she swung her hand as though swatting a fly, a fireball the size of Mercury's torso flying his way!​
David Hoover

It seemed that David was staying quiet for most of the ride, but he listened intently to what Grue had mentioned about their opponents; Burnscar, someone with the power of pyrokinesis, who could also teleport through flames... A definite problem if he were to fight her in a direct confrontation, especially in a firefight (both in a literal and figureative sense).

Then there was Mannequin, a mysterious metallic creature, made up of a strange assortments of parts, and one armed with weapons that constantly change... Not looking good for shots from his weapon either... Hmm...

Looks like he'd have take a more tactical approach, like he always did, but as they arrived on the battlefield, it became quickly apparent that they were short on time. Burnscar was patrolling the streets, and Mannequin? Well, it looks like the creature had found itself a nice perching place on a rooftop, right behind them...

Metal and fire... Looks like he'd have to pick his target.

Considering his options, he realized he would be better off taking out Burnscar first, but... How? His gun was most definitely not going to do this alone, buuut, perhaps a little help from his environment juuust might.

Instead of wasting time with a monologue or something, he decided to find and dash towards the nearest fire hydrant. With any luck, it would both be filled with water, and relatively easy to activate somehow... If he couldn't find a tool laying around to do the job, he could just take a risk and shoot it open, but the main thing was that he'd need the element of surprise; if Burnscar caught onto his plan before its execution, she would most definitely teleport out of the way before the water could it her...
The fire hydrant was indeed filled with water, but there was no random pentagonal wrench just sitting around for him to use. It seemed if he wanted to make use of it, he'd simply have to shoot it. Most fire hydrants in this part of town were built with traffic in mind, and wouldn't spray water even if completely uprooted by a car.

But this was a pretty old part of town, and ill-maintained. A wet barrel fire hydrant had been constructed here ages ago, and had never been swapped out. In other words, it had water in the part above it. When damaged, it would erupt into a geyser of water. However, as it would be a geyser, the water would erupt straight up.

If David took a look around, there were a few options. A garden store on the side of the street may have held components to operate the fire hydrant in a normal manner, or he could try to lure Burnscar somewhere near the fire hydrant and then shoot it.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and York
"Sorry, sorry..." Tattletale apologized, though as she was still smiling despite the situation it was unsure how sincere that came across. Mannequin's dangling arm swung back and forth for a few moments, akin to a very large pendulum. Back and forth, back and forth. The speed was beginning to pick up rapidly before finally it launched its arm straight at Yurick!

Nobody stopped Mercury from heading down towards Burnscar, and soon enough they'd be close enough to fight. Flames danced around the streets, Burnscar firing off flames seemingly at random. Small orbs of fire remained on the street, with the few trees in the area being quickly burned to cinders. Her eyes glowed orange as a wisp of flame sat upon her open palm.

"Yo! A buncha you guys really did come around, huh? Just like Jack said! So what's your schtick, huh? What're you gonna show me today?"

With a crooked smile, she swung her hand as though swatting a fly, a fireball the size of Mercury's torso flying his way!​

The fire hydrant was indeed filled with water, but there was no random pentagonal wrench just sitting around for him to use. It seemed if he wanted to make use of it, he'd simply have to shoot it. Most fire hydrants in this part of town were built with traffic in mind, and wouldn't spray water even if completely uprooted by a car.

But this was a pretty old part of town, and ill-maintained. A wet barrel fire hydrant had been constructed here ages ago, and had never been swapped out. In other words, it had water in the part above it. When damaged, it would erupt into a geyser of water. However, as it would be a geyser, the water would erupt straight up.

If David took a look around, there were a few options. A garden store on the side of the street may have held components to operate the fire hydrant in a normal manner, or he could try to lure Burnscar somewhere near the fire hydrant and then shoot it.

"Right." Yurick deadpanned to Tattletale. Did she always smile like that?

His attention was taken away when Mannequin got ready to attack. Yurick jumped to the side, hands igniting in flames momentarily before sending two balls of flames Mannequins way. Aftwards he pulled out his dagger and stood at the ready.

@Kaykay @york @Crimson Spartan @C.T. @The Wanderer

David Hoover

Hmm... Shooting the fire hydrant and winging it seemed tempting, but he knew it could not be enough on its own, and left him with very little room for error...

Spotting the garden store nearby, he decided it was worth a shot; even if he wasn't able to find something to operate the fire hydrant in a relatively normal manner, he might be able to find other items that could be of use. For instance, some fire retardant, or even an extinguisher might do him a world of good.

With that in mind, and Burnscar as well as Mannequin hopefully distracted, David tried to sneak towards the Gardening store, hoping to find at least one useful thing in there...​

"Right." Yurick deadpanned to Tattletale. Did she always smile like that?

His attention was taken away when Mannequin got ready to attack. Yurick jumped to the side, hands igniting in flames momentarily before sending two balls of flames Mannequins way. Aftwards he pulled out his dagger and stood at the ready.

@Kaykay @york @Crimson Spartan @C.T. @The Wanderer
If it was possible, Mannequin might have made a surprised expression. Of course, while it had no real face to speak of, there most certainly was a hint of astonishment in its body movement. It darted forward, weaving around the two fireballs before reaching out to grip Yurick by the throat!
David Hoover

Hmm... Shooting the fire hydrant and winging it seemed tempting, but he knew it could not be enough on its own, and left him with very little room for error...

Spotting the garden store nearby, he decided it was worth a shot; even if he wasn't able to find something to operate the fire hydrant in a relatively normal manner, he might be able to find other items that could be of use. For instance, some fire retardant, or even an extinguisher might do him a world of good.

With that in mind, and Burnscar as well as Mannequin hopefully distracted, David tried to sneak towards the Gardening store, hoping to find at least one useful thing in there...​
Meanwhile, Grue had used his darkness to cover for Mercury. While Burnscar's vision was obscured, Regent had used his ability to force Mercury's body to twitch, causing the fireball to miss.

"Look out, man."

His voice was completely calm, as though he was calling him out on something trivial.

"C'mon, some black fog isn't gonna scare me! Let's heat it up a bit!"

Flames continued to dance on the city block, a large nearby building beginning to creak under the heat. Orbs of orange fire gathered in her palms. Then suddenly, she teleported to a patch of fire that was on a building and launched a torrent of flame from her hands at Mercury.

"Burn baby, burn!"

Meanwhile, while David browsed the Gardening store, he'd see...a lot of gardening tools. Hoes, seeds, pots, flowers, soil, you name it. Of course, all of those were probably useless. On a more useful note was likely the hoses. Amidst the variety of garden hoses were accessories that one would require to use them for various different uses.

Such as a fire hydrant adapter.

If it was possible, Mannequin might have made a surprised expression. Of course, while it had no real face to speak of, there most certainly was a hint of astonishment in its body movement. It darted forward, weaving around the two fireballs before reaching out to grip Yurick by the throat!

Meanwhile, Grue had used his darkness to cover for Mercury. While Burnscar's vision was obscured, Regent had used his ability to force Mercury's body to twitch, causing the fireball to miss.

"Look out, man."

His voice was completely calm, as though he was calling him out on something trivial.

Flames continued to dance on the city block, a large nearby building beginning to creak under the heat. Orbs of orange fire gathered in her palms. Then suddenly, she teleported to a patch of fire that was on a building and launched a torrent of flame from her hands at Mercury.

"Burn baby, burn!"

Meanwhile, while David browsed the Gardening store, he'd see...a lot of gardening tools. Hoes, seeds, pots, flowers, soil, you name it. Of course, all of those were probably useless. On a more useful note was likely the hoses. Amidst the variety of garden hoses were accessories that one would require to use them for various different uses.

"Gah!!" Yurick's single eye went wide as he made a choked sound of surprise, his initial reaction was to have his hands ignite immediately afterwards. Gripping his dagger in hand he raised his arm then brought it down as swiftly as possible onto Mannequin's, in an attempt to get it to let go, while also thrusting his free hand forward to release a ball of flames point blank into Mannequin's blank face.

If successful he would throw a larger slightly more concentrated ball of flames at Mannequin's feet.

@Kaykay @others

"Look out, man."

"Burn baby, burn!"

"Aw look... People care about me..." Mercury spoke in his usual sarcastic tone as he watched what would happen next. Like clockwork right as Burnscar teletported and went to attack he turned his head to look at her.

322f2f2%2029_zpslhfdwn7t.png

"Heh..." In that instant Mercury simply launched himself into the air via his legs to dodge her incoming attack. Well everything from his look to his speech would tell everyone involved that he wasn't taking this fight as seriously as he should.

tumblr_inline_o328jtO29Y1r3leyb_100.png

"My schtick..? Well it goes a little like this. I kick you and you die...." He spoke while in the air. Angling himself to push off a building right behind him as he began to fall Mercury propelled himself right at Burnscar bringing his left leg around for a midair roundhouse kick.

David Hoover

Well! This was certainly a good development; looks like amongst some stuff that he couldn't really see being usefull in this situation, he had found an item that would prove to be pretty usefull. A fire hydrant adapter! It almost reminded him of those few days he had gone looking for "Duke McGahan", leading to a surreal experience... And a few encounters with the Crooked Man.

Hmmm, well, unfortunately, he didn't have magic pockets he could just stuff the hydrant adapter down, so he'd have to carry it... Along with that hose, but before he left, he figured he'd grab some sort of lubricant or something if there was any to be found. The last thing he'd want was for the adapter to make too much noise. Since despite lugging this stuff around with him, he was trying to be stealthy after all.

Now, all that was left to do, was to set up that adapter and screw in the hose... And it would be time to give Burnscar a little shower, assuming everything went according to plan...​