1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Dystopian, Scifi, Superhuman, Steampunk
Six degrees of separation is the idea that all people are six or fewer social connections away from each other. As a result, a chain of "friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps. [Wikipedia]

This is a concept I have always been obsessed with, particularly as both my parents came from large families and as a result, I was related to most of the people in the town I grew up in. Super awkward when it came to crushes and dating in my teens.

So, I went to the opposite side of the country to go to university, met and fell in love with the future Mr Absinthe, whose parents were immigrants. Couldn't get less related, right? Years later, my father and Mr. Absinthe's father got to talking about the good old days... aaand they discovered they'd actually been drinking buddies, friends of friends, in their early twenties. Mr Absinthe's dad went by a different name at the time, and it had been the better part of thirty years, so things had time to get hazy and half-forgotten.

Paris, France. A city and country we have no ties to. Our first stop after landing is to a bakery, where the lady behind the counter was an old school friend of Mr.Absinthe's mother.

I go to get my flu jab this year, and it's a new pharmacist administering the vaccine. My married name is a little unusual, and she makes a joke about knowing someone whose sister has a similar sounding name. Did I know so-and-so who went to X university? Yeah, I know them, they're my sibling. I'm the sister!

What's the weirdest connection you've come across between you and another person? Discovered that your aunt used to babysit a future movie star? That your RP buddy is actually that person you met at summer camp all those years ago? One of the admins is the super hot person you keep seeing at the supermarket? How many steps are you really from Kevin Bacon?

Last edited:
Ah, the Kevin Bacon conspiracy! This was always so humorous and fascinating to me. I don't really have any stories like this that I know of. I don't know if it counts, but I was a huuuuge fan of the show The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwick as the titular character. She is Kevin Bacon's wife. =D