SITE UPDATES - NEW THINGS AND WHAT DIDN'T HAPPEN YET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make the watched threads page one click again? As it is now, I have to click the watched threads page, and then click the show all watched threads button, whereas it was simply one click in the past.

Is there a way to make the watched threads page one click again? As it is now, I have to click the watched threads page, and then click the show all watched threads button, whereas it was simply one click in the past.

I second this.

And I third this.

No news on the next Beta version of our new groups system yet. ;___; We're all hoping and praying that comes in sometime this century.

*sobs and sits in a corner* ;-;

Also... yeah... mobile users. Not gonna lie, but the previous style was way more friendly when you're on a mobile. From the computer I'm posting on now, it looks nice, but on the mobile everything has been redirected and it's somewhat awkward to navigate stuff.

But this is the only issue I'm having right now. The mobile version is clumsier to use now than it was before. The menus are jammed together and not as easy to navigate. Also, I can't highlight and copy text as easy as I could before. They're issues I can live with, but I just thought I'd say I feel it was a slight step backward for mobile users.

Other than the mobile thing, the rest is fine with me. Some may complain about the resumes, but I'm sure they'll get used to it after a while. And if not, something like a spoiler tag button for the resumes wouldn't be a bad idea. ^^

Edit: Oh! I thought of a couple more things.

1. There are 5 darker backgrounds and really only 2 lighter ones. It would be awesome if there was a way to get a couple more light ones to give the people who like light backgrounds more options.

2. When I quote someone, if I don't hit enter twice to make two spaces between what I write and the quote, the text is smashed up against the quote box when I send my post. That bugs me a bit. XD

Sorry for typing all this shit. Just hoping to give an opinion and be helpful if I can. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Next time let it be down and let them cry in the chat :D That way they'll learn not to complain when you open the site back up early while you take a break xD
Is it just me or are some of you staff members getting a tad bit defensive?

No one's been anything but polite, people have just honestly given their feedback on some of the changes, yet here you are going on about how we're 'crying'

Seems a touch bit uncalled for

Is it just me or are some of you staff members getting a tad bit defensive?

People just get a bit frustrated when there's a lot of members who don't clearly read the announcements and follow instructions for reporting problems. Generally everyone is polite and trying to help, but there's always a larger amount of people than there should be who run around making things very very difficult. Even the most patient person can get a bit testy after awhile. @.@

I apologize on behalf of the overprotective staff!

People just get a bit frustrated when there's a lot of members who don't clearly read the announcements and follow instructions for reporting problems. Generally everyone is polite and trying to help, but there's always a larger amount of people than there should be who run around making things very very difficult. Even the most patient person can get a bit testy after awhile. @.@

I apologize on behalf of the overprotective staff!
That's the part I don't get, no one is whining that everything isn't implemented or fully done, we're just giving feedback on some of the changes we can see.

Such as the resumes being displayed under avatars, that's a new change, and people are giving their thoughts on it. Nothing more, it's not a complaint about something you didn't manage to get done

Reactions: Pachamac
That's the part I don't get, no one is whining that everything isn't implemented or fully done, we're just giving feedback on some of the changes we can see.

Such as the resumes being displayed under avatars, that's a new change, and people are giving their thoughts on it. Nothing more, it's not a complaint about something you didn't manage to get done

You are not seeing ALL the messages. O_O There is more than just this thread. There's several threads in general, plus private messages, plus skype, plus email. Not everyone has been as polite and patient as some of you guys. Like I said, after awhile people just get testy and frustrated.

You are not seeing ALL the messages. O_O There is more than just this thread. There's several threads in general, plus private messages, plus skype, plus email. Not everyone has been as polite and patient as some of you guys. Like I said, after awhile people just get testy and frustrated.
o_0

Oh

I see

Well I'm terribly sorry people are being that way -_-

Do you wish me to dispense some Imperial Justice on them?

As Diana said, there are much more than just this thread, but I was in no way defensive in this particular case, I just made a joke that in no way was meant to be taken seriously. xb

In my most sincerest thoughts, I'm not in much opposition against the recent stylistic update, though I hadn't any problems with the previous layout. I'd much prefer the old logo still be in use in the site banner. But also, I applaud you for adding the roleplaying resumé below the avatar, it discards the inconvenience lazier folks like me detest.

And to add on to this, what are members refering to when they express discontent with the 'large' font size?

In my most sincerest thoughts, I'm not in much opposition against the recent stylistic update, though I hadn't any problems with the previous layout. I'd much prefer the old logo still be in use in the site banner. But also, I applaud you for adding the roleplaying resumé below the avatar, it discards the inconvenience lazier folks like me detest.

And to add on to this, what are members refering to when they express discontent with the 'large' font size?

Nothing now, as it's already been changed.

Used to look like this, though.

Reactions: PinkMilk
The font used to look like this by default. Then it was quickly changed back to normal, which is an appreciated change.

(Lel, ninja'd)

Reactions: PinkMilk
As Diana said, there are much more than just this thread, but I was in no way defensive in this particular case, I just made a joke that in no way was meant to be taken seriously. xb
I apologize, as I don't really know you, and so didn't realize you were joking

This must be the first Iwaku update for a lot of folks. Others here have been through a shitload. I remember when everything was green.

Also crashes - we've been through a lot of those too.

The change-rage depletes with every generation. You slowly get used to Diana whipping you with rainbow unicorn tails. You start to enjoy it.

At least we ain't Facebook.

*stumbles off into the alien jungle*

OH LOOK A RESUME BUTTON TEST.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

I like the Resume button. Definite improvement. :)

Now, here's a request: More light color schemes. 'Bright Light' and 'Mist Grey' just aren't enough. How about a 'lemon chiffon' background or a 'light beige' background similar to the old 'moderate light' scheme before the update? Just a few suggestions.

The floodgates are unbuttoned.

I like what you've done with the place because I'm not ungrateful. *eyes everyone else*
*also eyes everyone else* I threaten with bear hugs. They are not nice, people! Not nice! (Unless you're a bear)

EDIT: I just looked up and saw what a tense subject this is XD

All a joke people, I don't mean nuffin' by it

I still threaten bear hugs, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You son of a bitch.

*tackles the bear through a shop window*

Status
Not open for further replies.