SITE UPDATES - NEW THINGS AND WHAT DIDN'T HAPPEN YET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that rp resumes are but and the only change I dislike more because is hard on the eyes is when I get notifications they are covered in a white filter for 5-10 seconds and the pop up box is just a white rectangle that is unreadable.

I like the fact that rp resumes are but and the only change I dislike more because is hard on the eyes is when I get notifications they are covered in a white filter for 5-10 seconds and the pop up box is just a white rectangle that is unreadable.
I've noticed this as well.

Additionally, though this might be a bug rather than a design element, text hugs quote-boxes uncomfortably closely making it more painful to read. Sample below.

See?.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Everyone has an opinion on the new update, and I'm just sitting here like... Y'all some masochists. I'd like to keep Iwaku up for a little while before they have to do another update. ;^;

Well done Di. ^.^b

Bugs page. ^.^

I've noticed this as well.

Additionally, though this might be a bug rather than a design element, text hugs quote-boxes uncomfortably closely making it more painful to read. Sample below.

See?.
Yeah, It's a little over baring, but the text being bigger helps for my far sightedness

I like the new style, personally. It feels cleaner and it's laid out more efficiently. Looking forward to the new colour schemes, and a thanks for all the hard work.

On the other hand, I would like to point out that the changing of the default text size has demolished the layout of any threads with varying text sizes, as well as meaning scrolling down a lot further overall for the same amount of information. It's just effort, and I'm lazy, so I might stay zoomed out. Based Chrome (sometimes).

I demand 'light bright' be renamed "lite brite"

gadget_022.jpg

What I always liked about Iwaku is the option to have white text on a black background. Every web page needs to look like that for me because my stupid eyeballs are photophobic.

On that note, the bigger text is actually very nice for me. Much easier to read. >>; I like the changes. (Not the biggest fan of the RP resume under my avatar but it'll be easy to adapt to.) Looks so tidy and such.

The bigger text is much easier to read! I won't have to zoom in anymore on hard days. Thank you, Diana!

Also, I love that the resumes are on full display, at least for now. They take more space, but I think it'll encourage people to use them.

I agree that the roleplay resumes make the page look cluttered, not to mention it leaves a huge black space under most people's signatures. It's kind of convenient to have, but it would look much nicer in a spoili or something.

The larger text is... I dunno. Mixed feelings.

As for all these comments about the formatting in OP's and CS's getting screwed up... oh boy. Best check my RP's and see what the damage is. :/

Edit: ACTUALLY, if the resume is going to stay the way it is (even for people with bare-bones resumes, like mine), then we should at least be able to have longer signatures. We'll have a certain amount of space under each of our posts anyway, won't we? :P

Last edited:
WHAT WOULD YOU ALL PUT THERE IN PLACE OF THE RESUME THEN?! PICTURES OF YOUR MOM'S BUTT?!

At the moment, it appears there are only two 'lighter' backgrounds - bright light and grey mist. I miss the other 'bright' options. I'd like yellow backgrounds, light beige backgrounds, and more subdued 'lighter' backgrounds as well.

Also, I've noticed that the 'Article' feature is ALWAYS white regardless of which color the background is. I'm wondering why that is.

WHAT WOULD YOU ALL PUT THERE IN PLACE OF THE RESUME THEN?! PICTURES OF YOUR MOM'S BUTT?!
I'd put in what it used to be before a previous update removed them: a button that, when pressed, pops out into a separate little box thing with the full resume in it. Having the resume on hand is great, it's just not a perfect implementation in my opinion.

But I'll live with it if it stays as is. I have already made my peace with it by editing my roleplay resume such that it does not give me a scroll bar and says everything it needs to say in one line. :D

'tis accurate

I would just like to point out;

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-01%20at%201.21.53%20PM.png

A post that doesn't even fill up a whole line now manages to fill up the entire height of a browser window.

Perhaps this is why the site feels so cluttered now. :/

Again, I don't hate the roleplay resumes based on principle. I think they're cool to have there. But they really should be better implemented, imo.

Granted, I know the updates are new and probably subject to change. So, having said that, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens for a while.

Reactions: Pachamac
*points at the part where she said she wasn't done yet but had to stop because SLEEPY and where to report bugs!*

Because OBVIOUSLY anything that is fucking up your bbcode in posts IS a bug. O__O And little style problems can/will be fixed.

But no one wanted the site to stay offline for another 24 hours while I went sleepies. >>

Next time let it be down and let them cry in the chat :D That way they'll learn not to complain when you open the site back up early while you take a break xD

*points at the part where she said she wasn't done yet but had to stop because SLEEPY and where to report bugs!*

Because OBVIOUSLY anything that is fucking up your bbcode in posts IS a bug. O__O And little style problems can/will be fixed.

But no one wanted the site to stay offline for another 24 hours while I went sleepies. >>
UNACCEPTABLE

Next time let it be down and let them cry in the chat :D That way they'll learn not to complain when you open the site back up early while you take a break xD

I'm pretty sure we all greatly appreciate the fact the site's been put up early, and we're all very grateful for the hard work the admins put in. It's just that, even if stating the obvious, people are just giving honest feedback to the changes.

Also, I'm sure tons of coding issues were fixed that we can't see with our eyes. So good job to all those who fixed those, too!

EDIT: Also, another large thank you for making the text normal-sized again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also one of those people who think the roleplay resume should be in a hider or a pop-up. Having stuff easily accessible is nice, but so is saving space.

Also, on the subscriptions page in the Very Dar- I mean, Black Night theme, I think the page numbers are the same colour as the squares, or at least very close to it. They only become legible once you hover over it. Not a major issue by any means... just weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.