Sis Puella Magica (IC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmon had been sitting quietly in the back seat of the cruiser, awkwardly shifting his gaze around. It was extremely tedious, keeping up a facade this long, and the young man was growing bored. Worse yet, the act would need to continue even after he was out of the vehicle, being asked repetitive questions. It sounded like hell. His eyes flicked back to the woman as she spoke to him, giving her a nervous smile as she asked him about his purpose of being in the city. "I'm hoping to meet up with an old friend, actually." He answered honestly. Mostly. "He owes me a favour or two I hope to cash in. If it doesn't trouble him too much." His eyes flicked down to the motion of the woman's hand on instinct. It was held there by the presence of a mark. Not just any mark. THE mark. So this woman had made a contract with Kyubey as well. He adverted his gaze away from her hand before he could be considered staring, the gears in his mind beginning to turn rapidly.

He had a few choices to work with now. Maybe he could play up to her protective nature, act a rookie and be taken under her wing. Though, that all hinged on her being sympathetic to other magi. He could always act the veteran, offer a partnership, or at least a truce for hunting grounds. Still, that'd be taking perfectly good grief seeds right out of his hands. The best course of action, he decided, would be to play dumb. Let her think he's just a normal boy, keep her guard low. Learn what he could from following her around, and then strike when he had a chance. "Will… Will I need to be kept at the station afterwards? I-I'm not too sure how things like this work out."

Reactions: 2 people
Evelynn was shocked as the beam fell towards her. She hurried, trying to send a lightningbolt at it, but it was too fast. Somehow, the other girl managed to grab hold of it and bash it into the familiar. But Evelynn always considered her own reflexes to be very quick, so how in the hell was Catherine able to react fast enough while Evelynn wasn't?... Either way, she struck her drum and a shock was sent flying at the familiar under the beam, partially to make sure it was dead and partially because she didn't want Catherine to have the last word. "Huh, I guess a thank you is in order... Tell you what, in order to make up for my rude behaviour earlier, how about I help you defeat the witch, and promise not to take grief seed? I swear on my honor as a magical girl that I won't try anything funny."

Reactions: 2 people
The brown man let out an echoing scream as he was finally finished off—but was it by the pillar or the lightning bolt? It was hard to tell. Regardless, all that remained in that part of the barrier was smoldering wood and household items. Down the hall was an open doorway with more runes written on it. Most of them were scratched, covered with ash, or burned away, making them impossible to read, but one set of runes written above the doorway was still fully visible:

8yyxwg.jpg

The only thing visible through the doorway was what looked to be a wall of fire; oddly enough, there was no heat coming from it. If the girls listened closely, they would be able to hear a woman’s distorted, agonized screams.

* * *​

Linda moved her hands back to the wheel as the light turned green. Either this man was a convincing actor or Linda really was just imagining things. If he was a girl, Linda wouldn’t have had any doubt, but… did magical boys even exist? Kyubey had never mentioned anything of the sort before. Then again, knowing the little rat, it was possible that he hadn’t mentioned it because Linda never asked about it. She didn’t have much desire to seek him out, but it was the only way to get any definite answers at this point.

She simply nodded in response to the man’s motives for being in Jamesville. “From my understanding of the situation, you’ll be free to go when you give your statement,” she replied. “There’s still the possibility that you’ll be charged with battery, but you’ll get a more concrete answer if you talk to Officer Johnson or Officer Cantrell. They know more about this incident than I do.”

Simmon nodded his understanding, settling back int the car seat. Johnson and Cantrell were likely the two officers who had arrived first on the scene. In that case, he'd have nothing to worry about. This whole incident would be over in a few minutes, and then he'd be off to search for Kyubey. The two of them stayed silent as the cruiser pulled into the station, the officer leading Simmon in to where his statement would be taken. Officer Cantrell was waiting, smiling gently as he sat. Quick and without any hiccups, he gave the story once more, embellishing how inappropriate the other man had been, emphasizing that he had locked him in the truck and struck first, while staying silent on how his injuries truly weren't sever. Cleared of any charges under self-defence, Officer Cantrell led him out of the station.

As the doors closed behind him, Simmon stretched out of the huddled and curled position he'd been holding, a wicked smile crossing his features. That was far too easy. "Now… If I were a furry, white rat, what gutter would I be hiding in?" With a smugness in his step, Simmon began his trek further into the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.