Sis Puella Magica: An OC-Oriented Madoka RP (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alicia Jewel
Of course c: The small ones would be destroyed by an average elemental fire witch/warlock or when taken away? Of course, it wouldn't be the only magic that could defeat them. It would just take awhile. Same goes for the larger ones.

@senpai How about all fire affects them? A small spark wouldn't destroy a larger doll, obviously (and, depending on how smart they are, they'll probably try to put out any small fires on their bodies), and I'll probably still throw a few fire-using witches/warlocks into the mix, but this will allow for a bit of creativity on the other players' parts.

I hope I'm not intruding too much on your character, by the way. I just want to try to keep things balanced.

@Alicia Jewel
You're not, don't worry ^_^

But I think if all fire could destroy a magical-type voodoo doll, then it would be too easy..

Last edited:
@senpai More than anything, I just want to clarify that fire in general is effective against the dolls, not that it'll outright destroy them every time unless it's big enough. That way not just witches/warlocks who use fire have an advantage over her. Plus, none of the other characters use fire magic, and if they went out of their way to try to use fire in their tactics, I'd imagine that Alice would try to neutralize it as quickly as possible. And just tossing out an idea here: maybe the dolls are still usable (though maybe not quite as effective?) even if they're damaged so a stray match doesn't totally cripple Alice's fighting style.

So in short: fire is effective but not 100% effective 100% of the time.

@senpai Well, other than gathering the DNA of the people she practices voodoo on, how difficult would it be to replace the dolls? The harder they are to make again, the harder it should be to destroy them.

I'll admit, reading through your character at first, I thought her power system, at least with the smaller voodoo dolls, was completely overpowered. But that also had a huge helping of my own personal bias, so its probably not as bad as it seems. But concerning characters with powers to control others, I want to know that there's a way I can fight against or resist it. If the dolls are easy to replace, but can only be destroyed with high level fire magic (which Alicia has pointed out none of the current character's use), it seems like an impossible fate to escape unless characters take precautions not to give you DNA to work with.

Which would be, essentially, meta-gaming ._.

I'm sorry then for making my character seem OP, as it was not my intention. I'll be glad to fix my mistakes since it sounds reasonable and fair to you.

@Alica Jewel Okay, got it! And if you want, should I change her magical powers so it would be less powerful than it is and not sound OP?

Last edited:
@senpai LuluRS's post brings up something I hadn't thought of: how hard is it to replace the dolls? If they're really hard to replace, then I wouldn't mind them being harder to destroy, yeah.

My friend brought up an idea that might help balance things out if you're okay with it: what if the source of DNA has to come from blood? That way Alice can't just gather a stray hair or something and have instant total control over a person (especially another character).

Oh, I love your friend's idea! I think that'll definitely be more of a challenge :3 And I also like the fire thing too. So withdrawing blood from wanted victim and any-type of fire would destroy the voodoo doll is okay? Both are great and I'm going for it.

That sounds good to me! (Though like I said before, I doubt a tiny spark will destroy a huge doll, but I've also never tried to burn straw before.)

Before I accept her, though, I want to make sure that everyone else is okay with her. Even with all of these limits in place, the potential to control another character can be very polarizing, to say the least.

(I don't think a tiny spark will. It really depends though.)

If she doesn't get accepted, I don't mind changing her magical powers like I said before.

Last edited:
Name: Monoke Yukimura

9790a5844f844be3a4b9766ebc6c7e5fea12539e.jpg

Appearance:

Monoke is a scrawny, slender thing with long, raven black hair that's neatly combed into what could be described as a flowing river of hair down her back, wit two clusters draped over her shoulders. He sparkling sapphire eyes are somewhat wide, as if she is always discovering something new, but too shy to share it with the world. Her eyes are usually countered by the vacant expression on her face, and it's clear she bottles up plenty of emotion out of disciplined practice. Monoke is usually dressed in a collared, button up shirt with a black tie and black khaki trousers and sneakers. She usually seems to carry a book in her arms from her small, "little bit of everything" collection of books from home that it appears she was reading before having to get up and do something, yet is too hooked into it to put it down.

Personality:
Monoke is quiet and reserved, usually keeping to herself and her books, if she can help it. She has never been a social butterfly, nor does she desire to be. When she does make friends, one would quickly find that, while she isn't the best at social interactions, she does try her best and displays a silent compassion for other people. She is loyal and protective toward her friends, but she never seems to want to be out with others for long. Sometimes, one can probably notice a shaken look of concern on her features and a sullen frown, as she frequently thinks back to her troubles at home and, in her mind, wishes she could do something to help, though she will always try to hide those expressions and deny that anything's wrong if asked.

Backstory:
"We came here for a better life", her father would always say when asked why he brought Monoke to America. She was just an infant when it all happened, and she couldn't remember it. Her father, Hiroto, would never directly answer and questions about his life in Japan, nor what had happened to Monoke's mother, Ayumi. However, Monoke had noticed that, while he had repeated those vague comments so many times that it became an almost automatic response, her father would always reply with a heartbroken tone, and would usually go quiet afterwards.

When she was nine years old, Monoke found and rescued a Parson Russel Terrier that was abandoned in a box in an alley and brought him home. After the puppy decided to tackle and have a "heated battle" with his the rubber ball he was playing with, Monoke and her father jokingly named him Yushi. He quickly became an appreciated member of the family.

Monoke's home life was survivable, with her father's work keeping them just enough in the black to keep the three of them fed and under a roof, and he always being careful not to be indebted to anyone. However, after Monoke's fourteenth birthday, her life took a turn for the worse. Hiroto came home from work one day and started feeling rather ill. To present day, his condition has only been worsening, and as a fallback plan, he has asked neighbors and friends to look after Monoke and Yushi in case he did not improve. Monoke followed her father's wishes and continues going to school, keeping her grief bottled inside, though would be willing to do anything to save her father from death...

@Havic1137 Accepted! Monoke is adorable, by the way. ^_^

(And for anyone wondering: I told Havic a while back that they could have a spot in the RP.)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Well, Evelynn uses thunder which can set things on fire, but as I see it, if Alice gets her hand on a drop of blood from her opponent it's game over because how are they supposed to fight back while under control?

@Lady Bernkastel Hmm… well, what if the doll needs fresh blood to keep the magic working? If she manages to get a drop one day, she'd have contra for a short time, before she'd need more blood to continue using it. The same doll, but newer blood? It'd need to be taken directly from the person (storing blood is actually really hard), and would give characters who're under her control a chance to break free.

@senpai Would that be alright? If the blood needed to be renewed for the voodoo to work? It's just a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monoke will make the cutest magical girl! ^w^

I guess it's fine for now. If anything turns out strange in the IC, we can talk about it then.

I agree with Lady Bernkastel. I think we should wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.