Sins of the Father

Star Date - 01596-25 : January 25th, 2468.
UEP - CCIR Operative Kriss O'haira - Codename: "Shadow"
Log Entry #256a - Time: 16:35 - 4:35 pm

[dash=gold]I May of risked blowing my cover with a resent outburst of information I have from research from local information gathering Technology given to those of a reporter. The information the machines issued to me are all faulty and misleading, their outdated and false. From the reports given to me previously, there was no information on the document of there being different military funded projects along side the major project on the Ancestral Sin, one of which was a splicing of DNA of human and animal rummer going around cyber space.

The very first Chimera under development? People and their conspiracy theories.

I have already said too much and do not wish this information to slip out to the public if I were to have my cover blown. This is Shadow, reporting. End text log.
[/dash]
Converting Audio to Text format...

Converting...

Saved, Thank you

<tbody>
</tbody>

Kriss leaned back on his desk chair and looked up to the ceiling as his flip book computer the same size of the palm of his hand folded it self back into a cube small enough to fit into your pocket comfortably while on transit. He didn't need to take the memory storage chip out of it for the fact of the matter was, that it was his property and it would a lot more safer to keep it in the device then out of it. Putting it back on his person someplace well hidden, he would just close his eyes and lean back.

He pushed his chair away from his desk only to put his legs up on the surface. His ankles are the only thing keeping his from falling off of his office chair, worn like everything else on this old ship. For a reporter on the field, this had to be one of the most boring parts of the job, waiting to get to the location of the story. All you had to do is wait, and he has been for roughly 7-6 hours. His body ached and his legs were sore for sitting too long. Kriss just wanted the wait to be over.

Getting itchy feet once again, he left his quarters to investigate the ship and took notes on what parts of the ship were most interesting for the story he was supposed to write as was his cover. From his research, it was a pretty old looking ship, roughly at least 20 years older then he was, and for a military class ship, it surprised him how long it has been in service. While in the engine room, looking over the core as it steamed up a storm, he would ponder a thought on how long this thing has been running at full power. He would notice he wasn't alone as the core calmed down and he could smell a presence more sweeter then the oily smell of the engine it's self. It was another crew member and they were looking at him with a questioning look. Pad of paper in one hand and a pencil in the other, he looked at it with question in his eyes then smirked dumbfounded and giggled, "Sorry, I was just curious about the culture behind the creation of this ship. It's for the story I'm writing for the Local Earth News Bulletin."

Qeren observed the way Fate held herself as she spoke and was actually impressed. She was strong, and it was hard to detect any sort of weak spots on her. That didn't mean she didn't have any though. With a sharp toothed grin, she looked around and watched the way the machine's inner workings functioned. Fate seemed to know her way around well, much better than any Genesian she'd had contact with in the past ten or so years. "Hopefully, we will be able to work alongside each other," she said running a hand over her ponytail. "I have no preferences really. After being fed through an IV for two years, I'll take anything."

Mio salute the commander and headed out of the ready room. When she got to her room, she lay down tired and worn out, mostly from having seen whatever that thing was on the video. She was wanting to sleep, but she would have to wait until after this little voyage or, if she were lucky, maybe find a place to sleep on the ship, with at least one person awake nearby. She had decided to stay in her room for the rest of the hour, trying to think some things over and cool down a bit. Realizing that this was actually going to be dangerous was the one thing keeping her on the trip to board the Ancestral Sin. It was hard to say for her, but the little bit of fear that she felt faded and turned into excitement and the anticipation for a fight. Mio's tail and ears twitched at the thought of finding whatever it was that was on that video. She just wondered if maybe, there was something more to the history of the ship than anyone knew.

"Alright then. I will keep that in mind." Fate replied with a smile. While she may have appeared happy on the outside, inside she felt anger welling up. She had read the girls file and knew of her past. The way that she had been treated angered her greatly and her statement only served to anger her even more. "Now if you'll excuse me, I should get working on dinner. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. With that said, I'll take my leave." Putting the datapad onto a desk nearby, she than left the room.

(Sorry if its too short or doesn't sound right. I wrote while waiting in line out in the cold on my phone.)

The Running Rabbit------Ark

Working diligently as ever, Ark stood back up from underneath a set of plasma emitter arrays. He wiped his brow to be a free of sweat, and lit a cigarette as he sat down near one of the phase injectors. "This is your captain speaking," He said in a more facetious manner, "Repairs are completed for today, and I am now setting Auto-Pilot to take us to the rendevous point with the Ascending Grace. That is all." At that he slid himself up into an access tube to Main deck, where he promptly entered the bridge and typed in coordinates on the control panel before pressing a large button that read "Engage Autopilot" in Jinenja written language. "Oh Fate, What are you cooking?" He said through the intercom.

"I'm trying to figure that out now." Fate replied back over the intercom as she looked at the contents of the fridge. She had made sure that they had stocked up on food the last time they had gotten supplies, since before that the only thing that had been in the fridge had been a few bottles of water and an unidentifiable substance that she suspected had once been food. She had promptly launched disposed of it through a means of incineration. The sudden increase of food choices had made choosing what to make a pain in the next, especially when no one specified what she should make. "I was debating between either spaghetti and meatballs or hamburgers. What do you think?" She asked, unable to make up her mind.

"Fate, ugh I'm gonna hate myself for this, but, from the way I've heard you Terrans praise cheeseburgers, I'll take a double one, with that stuff you call bacon on it." He had no idea what he was getting himself into, Terran food normally made him sick but beef didn't seem to give him problems. He soon had made his way to the kitchen and was standing behind Fate quietly watching her, before leaning up and whispering "Boo!"

"Alright. One double bacon cheeseburger coming up." Fate said before grabbing the ground beef from the fridge and getting to work. She had been cutting up some tomatoes when she felt a presence behind her. "Boo." Ark wispered over her shoulder. She gave a small sigh. "You do realise that if I hadn't been paying attention, you would would be bleeding at this moment, right?" She asked him. Years of military training had enabled her to be able to tell when she was being sneaked upon. Only a hand full of people had been able to do so successfully and many of them ended up in the infermary afterwards. Ark was one of those few people. Once he had learned this, he had tried to sneak up on her constantly. "You do remember what happened to the last person who tried to do that, don't you?"

The Running Rabbit ---------- Mid- FTL on Intercept Course with the Ascending Grace ETA: 4.5 Hours; Ark-------------

"Yes I do remember because I was the last one to try, you gave me a black eye and ruptured a few blood vessels in the Sclera. Luckily for the rest of my face, I was just fast enough to escape with that." He said smiling. "Just remember I could've used the camo, and you'd have thought this ship had ghosts in it." He joked, prodding his finger at the beef, "I thought cows were tougher, their meat is all pudgy and mushy." His finger still prodded it as he spoke, a squeamish expression displayed on his face.

"Anyway, what do you think about the new girl, her files were kinda spooky eh? Bastards tried to make her look like one of those monsters from a horror story." He said, noting a bit of red liquid running from the beef as he poked it.

The Ascending Grace ---------------- Full Stop Awaiting Arrival of the Skellius for Docking and Personnel Transfer Procedures; Koda--------------

"Lieutenant Mio, report to the Ready Room." Her stone cold voice echoed through feedback on the old PA circuits. She had thought on many occasions to request that repairs be done on the ship or at least some upgrades, but as they were never truly needed, she put the thought out of her head. She stared out of the observation screen from her ready room, space now completely still as they had gone to full stop 15 minutes ago, to dock with the Skellius. She couldn't stop thinking about what she saw on the log, it had to be a trick of some sort, or just some glitch in the video capturing device. Her mind raced over what the thing in the video was, and the fact that right after whatever it was began to manifest, the video capture almost immediately cut off. If it were simple tricks of light, why would the audio yield screams of terror, and the roaring noises with them. None of this made sense to her, and every question she answered with a sound mind, new questions rose up that discredited the answers she came to.

Qeren lurked through the shadows of the ship, her eyes glowing in the dim light. This ship reminded her of the ship full of double agents she slaughtered only a week or two prior to her current employment. Grinning, the memory of the slaughter returned, making her pupils dilate and chills of pleasure run down her spine.

The humans were nothing. A single swipe and they fell, their bodies reduced to bloody ribbons. She rose from her crouch, her sheer power coursing through her black veins. It crescendoed in Qeren's ears, the very sound driving her insane with bloodlust. She turned to glare with heated eyes at the next victim. It was the impudent fool who broke her cover. Yes…he was at fault.

"As a test tube baby…do you think you can defeat me?" the alien scum inquired. "Eat this!"

He took to the sky. The flapping of his wings was annoying, swirling the air about her. She was able to stand with little trouble. Qeren was engulfed and seemingly helpless in his eyes. She caught a glimpse of his surprise as she burst through the wind vortex and landed a well-executed slash to one of his wings, felling him. She, too, landed, to stand perfectly on her feet in front of him. He paused with horror in his eyes, almost as if reading something from within me.

"You worthless...TRASH!"

All it took was one swipe of Qeren's claws to rip him to shreds. As soon as she finished, she heard whimpering from behind her. Dozens upon dozens met their deaths as she swept her claws through weak flesh. The ones who took to their pods were no better off, as both man and machine fell to her fury. Crimson liquid showered the ground and her clothing.

When Qeren snapped out of it, she was nearing the place where her employers ate and spoke. She walked in quietly and stared at the food. It was an odd thing since she hasn't seen food in at least a decade.

Mio yawned, still wanting to take a nap, but with so little time, she had no chance of napping. She got up from her bed and got headed for the door. Knowing she probably looked like she was ready for a nap, Mio rubbed her eyes and yawned again. It didn't take too long for her to get to the ready room. Standing straight, but still looking tired, she gave a tired grin, "I can't wait to see my brother. It's been a while since I've seen him." The thing that was on the video log was still fresh in her mind, though she tried hard to push it away. There was no time to be worrying about something that may or may not have really been there. "So, commander, what is it that you need?" She knew it was a stupid and easily answered question, but she had to ask, it was just so tempting.

"Yeah, they did and it pisses me off." Fate replied, gritting her teeth. The girl was a Genesian just like her, yet they were completely different. She had born into one of the better labs, one that actually cared about the feelings of its subjects and didn't treat them like mere objects. Qeren's on the other hand did the opposite. They, in her opinion, were the lowest of the low. She was half tempted to track them down and beat the living shit out of them. "It isn't her fault that those damned bastards treated her like some kind of weapon. If I ever see them, they had better run like hell." She slammed the knife point first into the cutting board, where it stayed, and turned to face Ark. "Anyways, dinners done. Your burgers on the counter over there." She said as she pointed off to her left where a lone bacon cheeseburger sat. "If you want another one, feel free to tell me."

Something moving in the corner of her eye caught her attention. Turning her head in that direction she saw Qeren entering the kitchen. She smiled, her bad mood now hidden beneath a mask as to not upset their new crewmate. "Hey there. You are right on time. What kind of burger you want?"

The Running Rabbit ------------- Ark

He looked up hearing that his food was ready, and already had a mouthful of burger when Qeren walked in. He waited till he shoved the mouthful down his throat to speak, saying, "Well hey there, you finding things okay on the ship? any requests or issues?" He wasn't very good with making small talk.

The Ascending Grace ------------- Koda

Koda had been staring blankly at the paused image of the manifestation in the Ancestral Sin's warp core containment chamber, zoned in staring at it's face. hearing the Lieutenant enter, she immediately turned to face her, and replied, "I want to know what you think after having time to come to preliminary conclusions about the phenomonon that occurred in the recordings. How you feel about this mission, and whether or not you believe your brother to be ready for this mission given his young age."