Sinful, Deadly, Dangerous: For My People

Hi!

Would this be okay for a character?

Name: Kara Carrino
Sex: F
Faction/Group: Offspring

Personality: Before Winter, she was an open, caring person. It was clear what she was thinking all the time. She couldn't be described as brave, but she was focused and determined. The bomb changed her. Still, she tries to be as helpful as possible, but it takes a lot out of her to get from day to day.

History: Prior to Winter, Kara was studying to become a doctor. She was engaged to a researcher who was studying radiation poisoning and its prevention. On December 23, when he came back home, he handed her a vial, telling her to drink it. When she asked about it, he simply said that he had downed a vial while at the university. Though she didn't know it, his research team had been working on a way to prevent the effects of radiation, and what he had given her had been split evenly amongst the researchers. It was the last of a prototype. The researchers weren't sure it would work, but if they didn't take it, death would surely find them.

Her fiancee had lied, giving her the only vial he had. She watched as her fiancee and her neighbors died in the following days. Only after she had dug a grave for him and buried him did she venture off to find other people. She lies when people ask where she came from. It is known that everyone from her city died. She does, however, try to offer her services as a doctor. The horrors are greater than anything she's seen in training, but the more she can do for them, the less she thinks about what she saw in her own city.

When she met Mother for the first time, Kara gave her loyalty to her. Mother seemed genuine, someone who really wanted to help her people. Kara makes a living tending the sick, and there are many. She tries to shelter herself from the real horrors in the world, but they keep coming up in her life. It's not only in the people she treats, but also in what people offer to get treatment for their loved ones. Would she take a gun for treatment? A knife? What about lessons in how to defend herself? She's terrified to admit to herself why people would offer such.

Hey, a medical person would be quite useful for my character actually since he's assigned to go out into the wasteland

I know of your need of men, Lightening. I know this, do not worry.

You are accepted, dear one. I love your character.

This is oddly funny because I have a few plans for the odd habits of the Mother, one of which included drinking small amounts of mixed poisons every day, so that her body can be strengthened against them- she has a fear of poisoning. I digress, I love the idea of the character, and look forward to watching you write in this role play.

I'm not worried, I was just saying medical characters are extremely important her character sheet reminds me of Kenchy from Jericho

Yay! Thanks. =) Are you playing Mother, then?

And I've never seen Jericho. Is it good?

I'm playing a field merc under free employment to Mother after defecting from Father's rule

Jericho is a drama about a small Kansas town who witnesses Nuclear strikes around the states and about the traumas and dangers of a post nuclear world

Father to Lightning's turncoat merc:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pw6_VXPwm6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<.< *Sips at her poison-laced coffee*

Carry on.

I'll be playing the Mother and some various NPCs when needed.

Can I have a genderless character? Gender-less by radiation or otherwise, of course.

Go for it, but make it somewhat believable- go in depth as to why they're genderless and what they were before.

example.jpg
[Image borrowed from http://skunkindigo.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/sad-male-model-ambrose-olsen-dies-at-24/ ]

Name: Fallen
Sex: None (ex-male)
Faction: Council, neutral
Personality: Quiet Bodyguard/Peacekeeper
History:
When Winter fell, most gained psychic abilities or supernatural strength. Fallen, however, lost his gender. Before Winter, he was a young married man, ready to take on life with his new wife. He worked as a special ops bodyguard for people who paid the right price. Good security was expensive. He was not without faults though. He often accepted bribes from women with open legs, a cute face and a large set of hooters. But the Winter ruined everything for him. Both he and his wife were infected by an engineered sort of disease that attacked the genetics individually. Because he was male, the disease cut off blood flow to his genitals and eventually severed them much like a baby's umbilical cord. However, his wife was not so lucky. His wife died slowly, the disease spreading from her breasts and uterus to the rest of her body like cancer. He had tried for months to receive a vaccine for her, regretful that he had ever cheated on his perfect wife. But there were no vaccines left. Stricken by grief and loneliness, he cast away his old life and his name and took a new name, Fallen, for his own.

The only special ability he seemed to gain from this experience is trust, and the accentuated ability to know when someone is lying to you. Before Winter, he was well trained in hand to hand combat and weaponry for his work, which is what saved him the first two weeks of this living horror. Slowly, he realized that monetary value meant nothing now, but he had always had a strong sense of right and wrong. He spent this time from there and on becoming at peace with the situation at hand, and calming his deep-set anger. This self-coaching helped him when he broke up a fight between hungry families over limited resources, resolving the problem through council and understanding (and a little bit of threatening). Seen for his leadership and ability to keep a neutral face during difficult situations, he was asked to become a member in training at the council.

But Fallen is not all brute and the decisions all three parties make often disturb him. And despite his lacking member, Fallen has a history of coming to the aid of a damsel in distress, often to his downfall.

Alright, if he's not with a faction, where will he be?

I thought there was a third group? I figured I'd put him in that one, since no one was in it yet... But if it is between mother and father, it's gonna be father.

I thought there was a third group? I figured I'd put him in that one, since no one was in it yet... But if it is between mother and father, it's gonna be father.

Good! So he belongs to the third group, but is a memeber to the Council on the Father's side.
:D