Sinful, Deadly, Dangerous: For My People

This looks fun. ^^

I've never really been a part of a gritty RP, but if you're willing to put up with me bumbling a little bit, I'd be willing to give it all a go.

Also, are there any particular characters you're looking for?

[bg=#800000]

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Father, Phoenix King
Sex: Male
Faction/Group: Phoenix Kingdom
Personality: True to his chosen title he is the father figure to his people. Charismatic and determined to not only keep his sons and daughters safe but to rebuild the old world in it's former glory and build it better.

This has been his goal ever since he took command and its shaped his dreams and his very kingdom. But there is a ruthlessness to him that has been displayed on more than one occasion. If anything threatens his dream he will not hesitate to bring the full might of his military to bare. His people are his children, he will not throw their lives away needlessly but nothing may stand that seeks to threaten them. He is a soldier, not a diplomat.

Safety through Peace, Peace through Order, Order through Control, Control through Power.

He loves old world technology and culture and still clings to it, surrounding himself with comforts that haven't been seen anywhere else since the fall of winter.

History: Nothing has been confirmed about Father before the day he wondered into a settlement, a bag over his shoulder, a rifle in his hand and told the locals he was in charge. They dismissed him as another madmen but his words when he spoke them made them long for more than simple survival. They wanted to be a part of something bigger.

He sent out scouts searching for old world technology and other settlements, every one they found he visited personally offering them the protection of the Phoenix and a generous price for anything from the old world they had. He found former soldiers like himself and his vision and commanding tone won them over. Ever old world soldier he found he hired and armed with old world equipment they became a powerful, mobile, and well trained force. The kingdom of the Phoenix had risen from the ashes of the world.

Once he had a kingdom established and defended he began building better cities. With power, and running water, and heating. Markets where farmers and craftsmen could sell their wares, he instituted a new currency and people flocked to him, his face on the sides of buildings...

The lack of a name makes some outside the kingdom doubt he exists but all in the kingdom know hes there, watching them, keeping them safe.
[/bg]

Good job Selly, and looking forward to it, Vay.

Mostly, Shav, I'm just looking for people to play people of the Pheonix and Offpring groups. I could also use some people to play parts of the council for both the Father and Mother. For this, you'd probably have to put that in your charr sheet as "From _________ in council for Mother/Father"

Selly's playing a council member from the Mother, so I'd figure that maybe it would be good to have a couple others.

So that, and just run of the mill members of both groups would be good!

Name: Amariss "Rissa" Lystfal
Sex: Female
Faction/Group: Phoenixes

Personality: Efficient and collected, she has a very level head. Typically, she doesn't allow emotions to cloud her thoughts and she does not get angry easily. She is very good at diplomacy and excellent at time and task management. Her logical way of thinking has earned her a position near the ear of Father, in addition to a place in his chambers.

History:
Prior to the Winter, Amariss was nothing more than an ordinary teenage girl with very plain aspirations and the overall lack of knowledge about the world. She was barely coming into her own as a woman when it happened and changed her life entirely. For this reason, many feel that she took too easily to the shift, like a fish to water.

Among the first to join Father when he began claiming power, Rissa proved valuable in her advice and capabilities of manipulating people. Her words and charismatic loyalty to his cause helped them smooth over situations and gain power in some instances where a fight might perhaps have broken out instead.

Few can claim to know any of the inner workings of Rissa's mind, that it does seem to be peculiar that she would pledge her loyalty to unwaveringly to a man who would only take her as a harem wife. Still, none tend to question it, for her retaliation is often venomous when her motives are questioned and even more brutal when it's implied that she could have sold her loyalty for a higher price elsewhere.

YES! I CAUGHT A KITTI!

Cleaver is gonna be more like a mercenary under free employment to Mother

She'll probably be a little against the idea- Mother's more for community, family, well-being of her people, and safety. You'd have to explain how you swayed her. ^.^

Swaying her would be easy, since he knows how to go through the Freerange and knows the inner workings of Father's rule, he's the guy she can send out of the community and be assured that he'll come back safely

She'll probably want to send a group along with you, so you aren't alone.

that'd be fine, as long as they understand that out in the range it's his word

Alright. Also, remember in the RP to use some basic grammar and punctuation. Capitalize and use periods and commas. Don't use slang or text talk- not just because it's something I prefer, but because a good fraction of the site isn't actually in the US, and with some, English isn't their first language. So be mindful.

when im actually writing I type correctly, but if I dont have to I usually just make sure the word is spelled at least correctly

I'm not new to roleplaying, just this site

Name: Constance "Connie"
Sex: Female
Faction/Group: Pheonixes
Personality: A strong willed woman with no seeming interest for politics what so ever. She is more interested in keeping the stability of the "household" and her dominance in it. This all truly stems from her true desire of keeping the emotional health and stability of this around her, especially those she cares for best.
History: Connie is mother to The Father's two children, Aurora (10 years old) and Hunter (8 years old). She has obviously been with The Father for much longer then anyone else, but her exact marital status to him before the Winter she has never discussed. What she thinks of the collection of wives is also something she doesn't discuss. Her first priority has been always her own children, but she has been known to care for anyone that falls into her spear of influence. Her behavior in public around the Father is hard to determin, and some wonder if she would be gone if but the children who are now being groomed to be possible heirs.

Once upon a time she was an electrical engineer. Though she has all but given up any profession, she is still known to tinker with old technology from time to time and encouraging her children to be curious of such wonders when they are not busy with their studies.

YES, YES, YES! Alriiiiiight! Two of the Harem down, and who knows how many else the King is bangin', eh?

ACCEPTED!

2015 eh? Any particular exceptions to technology compared to our world? Would a character with some cybernetics be out of the question?

seems like Cleaver's gonna have some people who have unpleasant history with him, with so many signing up for the Phoenixes

Shazbot: I don't think cybernetics would be applicable in a nuclear apocalyptic scenario concerning the effects of an EMP which in the range of the Pulse would fry the circuit boards allowing you to control the robotic prosthetics as all the electrical conduits in the circuitry would be rendered useless

Juliette: Cybernetic Prostethics are available today but the range of prostesis is very limited as is the linking to the nueral receptors, at the moment we're only able to link a brain through the internet to be able to have extremely limited control over a robotic arm. But you're still right, even in 3 years our understanding of cybernetic prostesis wouldn't be enough to make people functioning cyborgs

Cybernetics would probably be far-reaching.

Prosthetics that are controlled by mere thought, however, have been achieved in recent times. So if you need something like that, you could do some homework on that and spice it up a bit if you like.

Question regarding the effects of radiation. What would the radiation have done to those who have been affected by it to a greater extent? I saw Sel's psychic abilities thing and I wanted to see what else.

What I had in mind for my character, who would be a young teenager, around 15/16 years old but due to the radiation his physical growth has been accelerated and he is now more or less equal to an athlete. However, the radiation, seeing as his cells grow faster they also expire faster. It means that he will die in his mid-thirties, of old age, but though not looking the part. Will that be alright?

I'd be alright with that ^.^

Cyborgs, no. Possibly cybernetics: Maybe.

Lightening might have taken the point a bit off course- it isn't JUST the fact that there isn't enough time to improve upon the mechanics- this is something that happened RECENTLY and anything that was being worked on, probably was paused... indefinitely.

You could have someone who to get some advanced prosthetics before the winter, RIGHT BEFORE THE WINTER, and maybe talk about having to acclimate to it, now in the middle of a nuclear disaster.

It doesn't have to be precisely correct in every notion, just make it believable.