Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, Magical
In dawn of days, Beleriand,
The ancient and forgotten land,
Yet flowed with life from far and near
With west-bourne Elves and dwarfish beer.
Ere men, the mortal fleeting race,
To the West sea would smiling face,
Nargothrond stood, a city tall
Against Morgoth, to never fall.
Elves spoke of gods beyond the sea,
Or of the Moon they now could see.
The wisdom of lands pure and clean,
The light of the two trees they’d seen.
Though Vengeance-driven cross the sea,
The wise spoke clearly of what be.
While Dwarves, in darkling halls still mined,
Below, where Morgoth ne’er could find.
And Mithril, perfect steel was found,
And Dwarrows dreamed of Morgoth downed.
And so herein our story new
Dawns, and is told by me and you.

latest

Welcome to Silmarillion: Cuivië Narsilion! This roleplay, run by myself and @zucca_ , is set during one of the most fascinating - and least explored - time periods in Tolkien’s Legendarium - the prelude to the Battle of Glory. The Noldor returned from the West just half a century prior, and Morgoth has been beaten back, but by no means conquered. Beleriand is still war-torn, every bit of land only reclaimed from the Darkness by the blood of Elves or of Dwarves. And, most importantly, the Silmarils - gemstones of such beauty that they outshine even the fair Lúthien, whose beauty is so legendary that not even the great protections of her home of Doriath prevented the stories - are still in the crown of Morgoth himself. Indeed, while the new Sun gazes hatefully down upon Evil and the Moon shines lightly on Good, the world will not change itself. The armies of Morgoth will not be stopped without the valor of brave heroes, heroes willing to beat back the darkness on all sides to find the Light of the Trees - and the Light of peace.
latest

If you don’t know much about the early parts of Tolkien’s Legendarium, worry not; you’ll pick most of it up along the way, and I or Zucca will be more than willing to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Is this going to be using any canon characters (other than Morgoth) or is it a slight AU kind of thing?

Just going to drop this off here.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Red Thunder
Is this going to be using any canon characters (other than Morgoth) or is it a slight AU kind of thing?

Just going to drop this off here.

Hey there, glad you replied!

You'll be able to create your own character or play a canon character, if you like, although the subject is still under discussion!

That meme tho, loool

@DinoFeather Yeah, what @zucca_ said. If you play a canon character, you have to give a pretty good reason why - as most are pretty busy right now - but if you can that’s fine. For instance, you could do Thranduil, since he’s not particularly held up doing anything.

I told myself that I was too busy, too involved with other roleplays. I promised myself that I needed to give myself a break and not sign up for more. I have been waiting so long for not only a Middle Earth RP in general, but a Silmarillion RP in particular. But I’m not sure my sanity can take anoth-

Prior to the Dagor Bragollach, you say? Morgoth beaten back but not yet defeated? Where do I sign up?

I've only seen the movies... Is that going to hinder my ability to roleplay in this particular Tolkien setting? >_>

I've only seen the movies... Is that going to hinder my ability to roleplay in this particular Tolkien setting? >_>
This is a pretty good set of videos giving a fairly brief summary of the Middle Earth deep lore, if you’re curious:
The Lord of the Rings Mythology Explained - YouTube

Tolkien himself also briefly (for him) summarized the Silmarillion. You can find an edited summary here.

So, we're basically at the point where the trees have been destroyed and the elves are fighting Morgoth to get the Silmarils back? Is that basically what this roleplay is or am I misunderstanding the main plot?

So, we're basically at the point where the trees have been destroyed and the elves are fighting Morgoth to get the Silmarils back? Is that basically what this roleplay is or am I misunderstanding the main plot?
Nope, that's pretty much it!

I’m seriously very stoked for this. Were would the story start off at?

*makes an elf because elves*

• Haha
@Red Thunder FA 52 in Nargothrond. We haven’t decided what we’re going to do with Doriath yet, Doriath being Doriath, but most of the other realms are fair game for a character being from. They just find their way to Nargothrond at some point before the story begins. Men, obviously, aren’t an option, mostly because they don’t have any realms yet - they’re still putzing around in the East, trying to learn language from the Avari.

Men, obviously, aren’t an option, mostly because they don’t have any realms yet - they’re still putzing around in the East, trying to learn language from the Avari.
That was going to be my next question: whether Men were a factor yet, and if so, how long of a span this RP was looking at tackling, given the Professor’s propensity to just write whole eras without batting an eye.

Awesome. Are we strictly relagated to Elves, or are the Dwarves fair game as well?

@Red Thunder Of course! I wouldn’t have mentioned them in my little poem if they weren’t an option. Men (and Hobbits, obviously) are the only non-options.

@Red Thunder Of course! I wouldn’t have mentioned them in my little poem if they weren’t an option. Men (and Hobbits, obviously) are the only non-options.
Excellent! If this gets off the ground, I may explore that option. Dwarves don’t get enough love.

Alittle kitty (@Kat) told me I could find some LOTR here 0.0

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
Last edited: