Silk And Murky Water

General Purpose Initiative Post!

Current fight: Trade hall assassination of Shadren Chall and sacred hunt of Opal Charinha

1 Guard - 6
1 Guard - Dead
2 Guards - - 3
Charinha - Dead
Chall - Dead
Lucky Honda - 8
Lucky Fang - 3
Multitude - 3

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems the reasons his anima guided him here are making their escape. Better introduce himself as they've been so entertainingly occupied.

Rolling Perception + Awareness for the clatter outside.
embed

Sparing an ear and a glance at the doors through which the guards had fled, he darts over to the other children of Luna and ... friend. Outside he hears the guards arguing over the sensibility of entering the trade hall.

He pulls his hat back over his ears as he arrives to join the flight in progress, "You seemed busy, pity I couldn't introduce myself before, but the spectacle was remarkable and I forgot myself. Might I join you? We could at least get better acquainted elsewhere."

Burning Hive Multitude

Hive begins to clamber aboard Honda, before shifting, collapsing in upon themselves as their form becomes that of a minuscule ant, as they burrow into the hellboar's wiry fur

Lucky Honda

Queerly disrespectful my giant hairy ass. Fuckin' invited ya, ya Sun-addled git.
All passengers aboard, Honda wastes no time. With a squeal like breaking thunder the hulking, glowing monster of a pig lunges through the nearest wall, cheap wood disintegrating into splinters as Honda and friends explode into the humid swamp air, landing with a crash and immediately hoofing it in the opposite direction of Hive's demense.

The regularly scheduled Honda service at 11.05, departing from the Guild tradehall in the direction of the western swamp, has departed. The wooden walls splinter and explode, disgorging a monstrous hellboar being ridden by several other foolish Anathema up to no good. The streets clear in a real hurry, with people fleeing left and right into the noisome alleys between the buildings and halls in the heart of Laharrangoon. One longhall finds its outer fringe collapsing, the woven roof spilling to the ground amidst shouts of panic, as the support poles get just fucking taken out of it by a ton and a half of Honda clearing the corner at high speed.

By the time y'all hit the softer ground and the woven reed walkways indicating the swampland taking over, your anima display are beginning to calm down just a little. You'll still need to clear the city and hit the water before you can be reasonably certain of no witnesses, though.

Lucky Honda

Lucky Honda is, in many ways, a simple man. Best way to shake of any pursuers is to go through the water and get a bit muddy, so by Luna is Honda gonna get muddy. The oversized hog pays very little attention to the comfort of his impromptu passengers as he wades into the filthy water, nostrils and eyes rising, crocodile-like, to the top of his skull and bristly fur shedding in favour of thick, rubbery skin. Pearl gasps in a manner entirely unbecoming of a Chosen of the Dawn at the sight, but Honda doesn't slow, powering through silty water deeper into the swamp.

Spending 3 motes and 1 Willpower to activate Rugged Beast Endurance, gaining temporary Survival and Resistance specialties in swampy terrain and ignoring environmental penalties to rolls those specialties apply to.

It's odd. The dense canopy overhead, the murky water underneath, and the hypnotic un-melody of insect calls and bird cries create a sense of a timeless dim under the shade of the immature gheeth trees. Nonetheless...those blessed with Exaltation can always know how late it is, even if the answer is 'too', and it is really only an hour later when Honda's powerful form emerges onto still swampy but rather more solid land. You approach the rich, fertile, pleasantly perfumed territory of Hive's Demesne.

@Hair Got any particularly hench henchmen?

Burning Hive Multitude

A speck leaps from Honda's ear as he clears the water, twisting in mid air and argent light into Hive's form. They pick an orange from a low-hanging branch as they move towards the tree's massive bole. Breathing deeply of air laden with essence and pollen, they let out a contented sigh. "A job well done. We cleaned Creation of a scourge upon her most vulnerable inhabitants. Now, Honda you have... business with this person, I believe, and we have a new comrade in arms to welcome to our dominion."

Lucky Honda

Once all passengers have safely disembarked, the Honda Express collapses in on itself, resolving into the form of a stocky, thickly muscled man with nut-brown skin, hair up in a scruffy topknot. An arm is laid gently but firmly on Pearl's shoulders, guiding him into the Demense.
"C'mon, we're late for second lunch, I can smell it cookin' from here. Fang musta flown...hang on."
The thick fingers on Radiant Pearl's shoulders grip tight as Honda wheels around, addressing the swamp behind him.
"I know ya followed us, quit skulkin' around and come for lunch. I fuckin' insist "

@Delling

Reactions: FuzzMonster
His efforts to make himself known and to catch the express having been missed, Ursae-ul skulked after his would-be comrades some distance off.

Such thick swampy land was avoided by his tribe and he likely should have taken a different form when the boar entered the water, but he instead had tried maneuvering between brush and higher ground while keeping in sight. Although he feared he might lose them in the muddy waters of the swamp, the wake of the passing boar was unmistakeable.

He breathes deep the swampy air from a panting panthera's pace behind the Honda Express. When the boar stops on more solid ground, he waits in high grass a little ways off. When one of his hosts called out an invitation, he considered it would be rude not to accept.

"Well, as you insist," as he emerged from a combination of shapeshifting and walking out of the grass. His hat loose and free from his head revealing his ears and a fluffy tail out behind his legs, he strides into camp behind his fellow children of Luna.

Lucky Honda

"Fuck me, more fuckin' Chosen. We all gonna liberate Thorns after lunch?"
Honda shakes his head as he turns around, hauling Shadowed Pearl along with him, before stomping off in search of food.
"Name's Honda," he calls over his shoulder.

Pearl speaks up, padding along behind Honda.

"Yes, lunch. That's what usually comes after the world goes mad. Or rather, continues being mad. At some point, I must make decisions, but putting them off until after some food sounds excellent."

Should Honda glance over his shoulder, the Solar gloss has started wearing off. Pearl's a lanky man with trailing moustaches and deep coffee-toned skin, but his face is betraying a certain amount of strain, and his left arm is hanging limp at his side.

The clearing is quiet, except for the clicking and rustling of bugs and various small creatures. The vast tree which is both born of and focuses the elemental essence of the area looms overhead, offering perfumed shade, but there's currently no sign of any of the former slaves who follow Burning Hive Multitude.

As Hive walks, one limb of the tree waves slightly more in the non-existent breeze, and offers him a rich, nearly perfectly white pear, so ripe that it nearly drips juice from the branch. This place knows its master.

Lucky Honda

Honda can wheel around with surprising speed for someone so solidly built. In a blink of an eye, he's in Shadowed Pearl's face, managing to loom despite being nearly a head shorter. A sausage-like finger clad in moonsilver wags in front of Pearl's eyes.
"Yer gonna want to stop sulking, bud. World's always bin mad, you just got a chance to make it less mad."
Honda's extends his other arm, a pear dropping into his open palm.
"I was gonna kill ya back back there, before ya got yer second chance. Another few seconds and yer brains were gonna be split open like an egg yolk."
He pops the pear into his mouth whole, holding his hand out for another.
"I suggest ya take a moment and appreciate how lucky y'are, not only did you survive a beatin' from a divine killin' machine, that divine killin' machine saved ya from imminent death by Wyld Hunt. Same divine killin' machine who's takin' ya home fer a spot of lunch."
A pear falls into the gleaming palm and is proffered out to Pearl.
"Pop that arm back in. Yer magic now, it'll heal up by dinner. Eat yer fuckin' appetiser, quit yer fuckin' mopin' and come to terms with bein' a divine killin' machine. It's really fuckin' fun."
Honda can't help but think that if Sol Invictus would take the time to visit his kids like Luna does this conversation wouldn't be necessary.

The pear is accepted, and Pearl stares at it for a moment.

"I served the Guild for eight years, and each year I came closer to retiring in disgust. Never closer to standing up and freeing someone being sent to death. I stood against you for ten heartbeats, and that merited this gift."

He looks to you, and his lip quirks into something that might be a half smile.

"The world is mad. This power is a monstrous thing, if all that one need do to gain it is demonstrate that one already has will and talent, but not necessarily virtue."

He shrugs and groans, and takes your advice, leaning against the tree trunk to lever his shoulder back into place.