Silencia: The World's Frozen Crown; OOC and profile posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
t5nhw4.jpg

Name: Brahm Tyvash

Race: Human

Appearance: Brahm stands 6'4" tall with the toned build of a trained warrior. His torso and arms bare a few scars from various fights he has been in. His unkempt, dark brown hair is usually kept short. His eyes are as dark brown and his hair, usually filled with a glimmer of mirth. His ruggedly handsome features are usually covered in a 'five-o-clock shadow'

Biography: Brahm was born into a fairly well to do family in the land of Stylia. Despite this, he did not lead a pampered life. It had been an option but he walked away from it when he reached an age where he could do as he pleased. At which point he chose a warrior's life, joining the military. This decision, unfortunately, left him disinherited by his family. He had laughed the matter off and went on with his life.

At the age of 20, he grew tired of the rigid workings of the military and simply walked away from it. At this point he became a sell-sword, because a disinherited man had to make a living, after all. Within a year he had left the continent for the lands of Al'Garath, where a good sword arm could make quite the living. Brahm flourished there, fighting in many a battle against the rampaging orc tribes.

Certain events forced him to leave in his 27th year of life. It was at this point he decided to pay visit to the frigid lands of Silencia. It is amazing what trouble a simple tavern brawl can bring down upon a person... Especially when you bust up some spoiled, cocky little turd who just happened to be the son of a powerful nobleman.

Current Equipment: A heavy cloak made from the hide of a brown bear. A tinder box with flint and steel. Enough dried rations to last him three days. A water skin. Cold weather garb. A finely crafted longsword and two matching daggers. A chain mail shirt. A back pack and a bedroll. 2 torches.

Skills: Brahm is a superbly skilled swordsman with many types of swords, though he favors the longsword. His skill with daggers falls just shy of his swordsmanship. He is also fairly well versed in survival skills, though Silencia will likely be problematic due to the arctic conditions. He has some skill with crossbows, but does not carry one at this moment in time.

Companions: None

Objective: In truth, Brahm's main objective is to simply escape the long reach of a powerful lord from the lands of Al'Garath. Of course the tales of things that could be found in Silencia had aided in his decision to go there.

Last edited:
-Dies- Im still doing it. It's a fun thing to do.
Follow your dreams!

Another question! Do you have any names for your other continents or kingdoms? Or can we invent a name for such? This will tie into my character's Biography.

The name of the world is Lastaria

Continents

Al'Garath – A wild, untamed land of forests and ancient battlegrounds. As you travel inland there are fewer forests and more patches of savannah.

Fýraðr - A Series of mountains and hills from the coast inland, mostly rocky with fir forests around the Mountain bases. There are a few lakes spotted around the forests. Most mountain passes are rocky crags or valleys.

Stylia - Desert continent with three Nile-like rivers surrounded from scource to delta by vegetation. The rest of the continent is known as "The Howling Wastes", which is what's left of an old great human civilisation after a great magic war. Now all people go there for are the profitable salt flats.

Races

Al'Garath - Orc war tribes travel all over, and a few settlements of highly militant humans scrape a living off of the savannah, whilst fighting off the orcs with superior technology (guns, siege weapons, crossbows, etc.). wood elves live in the forest and protect it from other races.

Fýraðr (dwarven name)– Tribes of wood elves live in the Fir forests, occasionally going higher up the mountain. They enjoy a steady diplomatic relationship with the Enormous Dwarven population that had made their homes under the mountains. goblins are a constant blight on this land.

Stylia - A thriving spice industry from plantations around the three Nile-like rivers has led to many wars being fought over these rivers, but now the land is held by the tribe of the red eye, an unsteady alliance of humans and half-orcs. The Howling Wastes – earth golems have been sighted in the howling wastes, but little is known about them.

Again, my apologies everyone, this is my first go at hosting and there's a lot of new stuff I'm figuring out as I go.
I'm going now, and I'll answer any further questions tomorrow.

No apologies needed! My thanks for answering all of the questions I've been slinging about, lol. I'll try to have my character's sheet completely filled out before tomorrow!

Again, my apologies everyone, this is my first go at hosting and there's a lot of new stuff I'm figuring out as I go.
I'm going now, and I'll answer any further questions tomorrow.

You're doing really well for your first time. I was a mess during my first go as a GM, but you can create an OOC thread with a very detailed first post compiling all new information later on. Also, I'm sure all other players will agree that we're here to help make this successful, so don't apologize for anything. We'll all work it out together.

We'll all work it out together.
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Alright, 5 (ish) characters done. Lets say we'll start this baby up when we reach 7 or eight characters. should result in a good thread speed and plenty of content. I have a confirmation on onne more character joining in if the RP is still open to applications in a week or so, so if I'm going to set the deadline for characters to be Wednesday the 5th of March.

I'm willing to wait, but it seems like a while. Just my opinion, though. By no means do you have to listen to anything I say...ever.

Alright, last call character sheets for the RP.
I'll still accept new ones after we've started, but they won't be able to start with the rest of us.
In three hours the IC thread will be done and The RP will begin.

I will try to get my first IC post up tonight, been a busy day and I am just finally getting a chance to relax, lol.

@PigIron We should see about getting this thread moved over to the Fantasy OOC section. I can ask a forum mod if I see one in the Chatbox, if you'd like?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I will try to get my first IC post up tonight, been a busy day and I am just finally getting a chance to relax, lol.

@PigIron We should see about getting this thread moved over to the Fantasy OOC section. I can ask a forum mod if I see one in the Chatbox, if you'd like?
that'd be cool, yeah, thanks.

Reactions: Seth Bloodmoon
Reserve me a spot, please!
(I'll probably be a snow elf)

Reserve me a spot, please!
(I'll probably be a snow elf)
Roger. Your character won't be starting with the others as we started yesterday, but we can certainly have your character join the RP.

I'm interested too! :3

I'm ok with not starting with the rest

Reactions: 2 people
I'll try to start my app now, but please disregard any errors since typing from phone is rather tricky in this context.

Name: Dakiin Reteck

Race: Snow Elf

Appearance:
images
/
images

Biography: ( since I'm importing Dakiin from my ES Fanfic, and typing via phone there may be errors, please excuse them for now.)

Dakiin's grandmother was part of the first exiles, and though for awhile the group got along, disputes erupted. Sending a small group away to fend for themselves. These Snow Elves, however, we're peaceful, they stuck to their little tribe and kept to themselves. The tribe of Schaelfe'chur lived on a small, tiny, in fact, island just off the coast (a literal ten to twenty minute swim away). The tribe consisted of around twenty to thirty members, at that time almost a thousand years ago. They had an education system where a small class of infants aged five years to fourteen learnt etiquette (extremely strict compared to any human or Snow Elf alike) along with reading tomes written by the tribe Elders (the oldest and wisest who lead the tribe), learning how to channel their magika into spells, survival skills and religion. As for survival skills, this part consisted of learning how to weave things from clothes to ornate fishing hooks. (The Schaelfe'chur adapted well to the ocean, eating only fish they caught and cooked themselves, and taking to water with agility and precision in hunting and swimming) Their religion was awfully strict, if someone took a wrong turn, committed one petty crime, did anything of a criminal nature and they were sent to the Elders (who were often never seen) were dubbed as 'unpure' and often ended up banished from the tribe; never to return. Marriages we're only for the purpose of reproduction and any romance prior to marriage was forbidden.

Dakiin was born on an island on the coast, she lived in the Snow Elf tribe of Schaelfe'chur. A peaceful tribe, they earnt their money by selling fish and weaving fine threads, as a young child, Dakiin often would up in trouble, and didn't keep to the rules. She often ventured to Summerset and into the towns there. But because of this, she was kidnapped, by bandits of the other exiles, they saw her as an easy target and forced her to sink to petty thievery, they treated her like a dog, making her wear only rags, if that, and sit in a cage, they did things too vile to mention, passing her round from bandit to bandit. After weeks, she managed to escape into the night. But the elders saw her as 'inpure', a great dishonour, and by rule of the Snow Elves, she was jailed. But not normal jail, she was bound trapped in ice, her sentence would end when the ice melted, 1500 years later.

But Dakiin awoke prematurely. A necromancer attempted to thaw her for an experiment, bounding another soul to her body. An evil soul. After time, this soul integrated with her own, hence bringing a second personality, and appearance forth. She got dangerous. The necromancer hastily managed to refreeze her, leaving the ticking ice time bomb to thaw once again.

Current equipment: A single glass dagger and a small leather pouch for water.

Skills: Due to the Necromancer, and the dark essence within her now, Dakiin is plagued with Dark Magic. These abilities are yet to be unleashed. Other than that, since she was a natural hunter from a young age, she is a master of stealth and has extremely clear, and long distance vision.

Companions: None

Objective: To rule, and steal the crown. (Will be told later IC)

A Note: Since Dakiin is an older Snow Elf, her figure/appearance would be somewhat different to normal Snow Elves, would it not? Possibly just paler skin and less fat.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm interested too! :3

I'm ok with not starting with the rest
Alright.
Make sure to read the first post of the IC thread thoroughly, and I want to see a full profile and give it the go ahead before their first post, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.