Silencia: The World's Frozen Crown; OOC and profile posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, perhaps not a wood elf then. I never do good with the straight up nature loving types, thus why I made my own war mongering type of elf race at one time haha.
The snow elves are territorial and abrasive, in contrast to wood elves, if that tickles your fancy?

It's a possibility, they did have my interest. Would the whole nocturnal thing be a hindrance, though? Or can it be worked around? And do you have more info on them?

Again, if you'd like that half-giant write-up, let me know. Otherwise, I'll wait to hear back.

It's a possibility, they did have my interest. Would the whole nocturnal thing be a hindrance, though? Or can it be worked around? And do you have more info on them?
Oh, shoot, I meant to change that, since the sun cycle is different for polar regions and all.
Editing powers, HOOO~
They aren't nocturnal. that would be silly. What are you talking about?

Editing power ftw! I guess the only major thing I would need is their general appearances? Like skin, hair, and eye color variety available? Height too. I don't think I've dealt with a snow elf race before.

There's one in a D&D source book, but I never looked into it much.

Name: Merileth

Race: Snow Elf

Appearance: Merileth was named to honor the solar roses that have granted her people the gift of life for generations. As a form of gratitude for the honor, the spirits of the roses gave to Merileth the gift of beauty. She has been cherished among her people for a century as the loveliest and most precious rose. Her hair is the color of fresh fallen snow, and it shines under the sunlight like a halo around her head. Her eyes are the color of ice that has frozen thick over a deep lake, and her skin glows as if she were literally kissed by a god. She is petite in stature, smaller than most other adult elves in her clan.

Biography: Merileth is the daughter of her clan's leader, Arodon. He is a good leader, and his love for his daughter is strong. He has always allowed her whatever freedoms she desired as long as she never strayed far from her home. Always curious, however, Merileth has often ventured outside of the rose thrush in search of something new in this tundra. Of course, she's heard of the crown and knows that it will be drawing men to her lands. While many of the wood elves are nervous about this occurrence, Merileth is excited and hopeful about seeing a human for the first time in her life. He has ventured out more and more frequently in the more recent years in search of humans who are waiting for the crown.

Current equipment: She always keeps with her a knife and a water pouch.

Skills: Merileth is quick on her feet, and runs faster than most of her peers, regardless of her small stature. As far as fighting skills go, though, Merileth is severely lacking, at least considering that she is an adult snow elf.

Companions: Her only companion is her blizzard moth, Braigon.

Objective: She wishes to find and speak to a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Editing power ftw! I guess the only major thing I would need is their general appearances? Like skin, hair, and eye color variety available? Height too. I don't think I've dealt with a snow elf race before.

There's one in a D&D source book, but I never looked into it much.
Snow elves are beautiful, pale skinned and have lightly slanted eyes. their ears extend to points slightly and they are usually quite tall. all snow elves have burns on their tongues from a coming of age ritual during which the young snow elf drinks a salve made from the petal of the solar rose and is given a knife fashioned from a Solar rose's thorn.
Snow elves are also all taught how to care for blizzard moths while they are young, and each is given a Snow caterpillar as a lifelong companion (these caterpillars obviously turn into blizzard moths.)

Name: Kelsii Fitz

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Thick brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin with freckles, 5 feet tall.
katniss_everdeen__the_girl_on_fire_by_isaiahstephens-d4tvsqj.jpg
Biography: Kelsii was unbearably tall for a dwarf. Rude comments followed her wherever she went. Pants were impossible to find. Although she was useful to her job, she was a freak. Both her parents, one under four feet tall and the other just four feet tall, had no idea how they gave birth to a child so big. Kids laughed at school, at the job she was only used for reaching up high, she had no other use but that of a step ladder, and no matter what she did she couldn't make herself any shorter. The only thing she wanted in this world was to be loved, to fit in and to live a happy life. One where she wasn't different, one where people could just like her for her personality and not stare up at her like some monster in the clouds. After days and nights and weeks and years of depression and self-hatered and pity, she finally got the determination and balls to come up with a plan and do something. She was going to find that crown if it killed her, and come home a foot shorter, and everyone would love her. It was the only plan she had, and it was going to have to work, she had no other options.

Current equipment: Flint and steel, small first aid kit, knife tool, fishing hook, thread, sewing needle, completely white small tent to make a lean-to like shelter, small journal a bag of beef jerky, a small water bottle, and a couple rolls of cloth (whatever could fit in the small white back pack she owned) clothes include socks, boots, long sleeved shirt, a knit sweater, and a puff white jacket with a face mask, and mittens.

Skills: logical and smart. She is able to come up with ideas quickly, do math fast in her head on projections of objects and use simple things to their greatest power. She knows pressure points, kill spots, and basic hand to hand combat.

Companions: None, she does though have her fathers journal which in it has maps and territorial information because he travels for mining pits all around.

Objective: To find the crown to be normal~

By what logic? I'm pretty certain I described a wood elf, as far as I understand them.
Snow elves are the ones that live in Silencia, wood elves come from elsewhere and are more tolkienesque. Snow elves ride blizzard moths and live with the solar flowers, wood elves live in forests in warmer climates.

Name: Kelsii Fitz
Where's her BEARD!? >:O

Also your character reminds me of a text from Terry Pratchett;

The first Brother walked toward the light, and stood under the open sky. Thus he became too tall. He was the first Man. He found no Laws and he was enlightened.

The second Brother walked toward the darkness, and stood under a roof of stone. Thus he achieved the correct height. He was the first Dwarf. He found the Laws Tak had written, and he was endarkened.

Do you read Terry Pratchett, by any chance? There is a character in his series that grew up quite similarly to yours.

By what logic? I'm pretty certain I described a wood elf, as far as I understand them.

Oh wait hah. I went back and re-read your original post. For some reason, I put into my head that your snow elves were wood elves. Silly me. Edited.

Funny you say tolkien-eqsue, though. When I had the confusion, my understanding was that your wood elves were tolkien-like wood elves who happened to be able to live in the tundra. And you know, since you had the dwarves living in the tundra, I made it make sense since they're close with dwarves and I kind of went with a D&D wood elf/tolkien wood elf/residing in Silencia sort of thing. But that was my fault. All fixed up now, I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't HAVE ONE because she's an ugly FREAK
and no I have not.

She doesn't HAVE ONE because she's an ugly FREAK
and no I have not.
Was her nickname "Headbanger"?
I imagine she had a lot of "nicknames" the poor girl.

but yeah. the discworld series is amazing and I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

I'm not even going to ask the painfully obvious question.
Just nod knowingly at me, tap your nose and say "She's totally a 100%-natural-full-blooded-dwarf and her mother was NOT going to a human inn all those nights she was out late looking for new coal seams"

Yes, she was going to meet her real dad in time ;~;

-Dies- Im still doing it. It's a fun thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.