Status
Not open for further replies.
Roan looked up at Sia "Y-yeah I'm fine, I might need a little coffee though.." He rubbed his eyes, waking himself up a little, then he started to chew on the sanwhich Sia made him "Thanks again." he said with a smile.
Sia stared at Roan silently thinking, not realizing she was still staring at him while he was eating, soon realizing it she started to look at Scruffy instead.
" Roan mabe you should rest , don't seem well." She said as she poured him a drink.

Roan sighed a little, and drank the drink Sia gave him thankfully "Whenever I start having jumbled dreams, sleep doesn't come well for me, but, thanks for your concern." Roan said quietly with another smile.

Last edited:
Roan sighed a little, and drank the drink Sia gave him thankfully "Whenever I start having jumbled dreams, sleep doesn't come well for me, but, thanks for your concern." Roan said quietly.
Sia made coffee for him, she figuered it was the least she could do, feeling just as guilty as Scruffy.
She walked over toward Roan , and gave him a cup of hot coffee while she quickly patted him on the back, trying her best to comfort him.

Roan blushed a little when Sia patted him on the back, he drank the coffee the color slowly returning to his face a bit "Thanks, this should keep me running for a while.." Roan smiled a little "Now, I better figure out what's going on with that smell coming from the front yard... Not to mention those pits.." Roan said, his voice filled with determination.

Last edited:
Roan blushed a little when Sia patted him on the back, he drank the coffee the color slowly returning to his face a bit "Thanks, this should keep me running for a while.." Roan smiled a little "Now, I better figure out what's going on with that smeell coming from the front yard... Not to mention those pits.." Roan said, his voice filled with determination.
Odd Sia thought because she'd forgotten all about the pits even though she dreamt of it all night,
"your welcome... oh those holes, I'd forgotten all about those hmmm...now that I think of it, I smelt that smell in my dreams too, made my stomach sick."
Sia said with a puzzled expression .

Roan nodded, stepping outside again, the smell was still there, but not as strong as the smell would have been if he was down in that pit again. He turned to Sia for a moment "Hey, watch your step this time, alright? I'm not sure what else might be hidden in this yard..." Roan said, he himself moving towards the pit Sia had fallen down the day before, carefully checking the floor in front of him for any signs of another trap, finally reaching the pit he leaned over and looked inside...

Roan nodded, stepping outside again, the smell was still there, but not as strong as the smell would have been if he was down in that pit again. He turned to Sia for a moment "Hey, watch your step this time, alright? I'm not sure what else might be hidden in this yard..." Roan said, he himself moving towards the pit Sia had fallen down the day before, carefully checking the floor in front of him for any signs of another trap, finally reaching the pit he leaned over and looked inside...
While Roan looked at the hole an unexpected oldman came behinde him slowly,"and just what is it you think your doin boy" the stranger said in a low tone.

Roans head whipped around hearing the voice, and he instinctively backed away from the hole, sidestepping quickly until he wasn't at risk of being pushed inside. He's watched way too many horror movies when he was younger to fall for that one, then he met eyes with the strange old man who seemed to have come out of nowhere "Sorry if I'm being rude, but, who are you?" he asked, he looked quite confused...

Roans head whipped around hearing the voice, and he instinctively backed away from the hole, sidestepping quickly until he wasn't at risk of being pushed inside. He's watched way too many horror movies when he was younger to fall for that one, then he met eyes with the strange old man who seemed to have come out of nowhere "Sorry if I'm being rude, but, who are you?" he asked, he looked quite confused...
the strange man was very aggressive, with hand on his gun,"who are you , I pray on your account you ain't no thife, I can take care of that right quick son, you better go get your own bear pit before I make you bait." He said as he came closer to Roan.

A sigh escaped from Roan's lips "I live right next door, I'm Roan, but that's beside the point..." He gestured towards the bear pit that was quite exposed by now "Why do you have a bear pit in the middle of someone's yard? I haven't heard of bears walking through our neighborhood..." Roan forced himself not to look at the old man's gun, for all he knew, he might assume he was going to try and steal it and shoot him. There were quite a few "worst case scenarios" of the outcomes of this situations dancing in his head, making him quite a bit nervous, but he didn't show it.

A sigh escaped from Roan's lips "I live right next door, I'm Roan, but that's beside the point..." He gestured towards the bear pit that was quite exposed by now "Why do you have a bear pit in the middle of someone's yard? I haven't heard of bears walking through our neighborhood..." Roan forced himself not to look at the old man's gun, for all he knew, he might assume he was going to try and steal it and shoot him. There were quite a few "worst case scenarios" of the outcomes of this situations dancing in his head, making him quite a bit nervous, but he didn't show it.
"you just mind your own business boy .I got every right to dig holes in what ever yard I please, now back away from my hole before I throw you in!"
" and I'll be calling the cops, I have you know I fell in that hole your foolishly guarding, that happens to be in my yard."
Sia quickly replies , with her cell phone in her hand ready to call the police.
Scruffy tucked his tail, he knew this man , he was very abusive toward him in past times when he was a puppy.

The old man aims and shoots the phone," aint no use little miss, the cops ain't gonna bother me haha you can get any fool to back off when you've got money,
sorry your MR.good cop don't exist ,thing is folks could care less, so why you both get the steppin and beat it."

"So, what would the use be shooting the phone?" Roan was quick to respond, he heard the echo of the shot ring throughout the town "All you've done is attract the attention of people for miles around." The coffee combined with the lack of sleep became fuel for his anger, it wasn't too common that Roan got angry. "If the cops were on your side, you wouldn't need to be so paranoid as to shoot someone phone before they called them, because they're on youre side... Right?" Roan cocked his head, an angry look seemed to have filled his eyes.

"So, what would the use be shooting the phone?" Roan was quick to respond, he heard the echo of the shot rign throughout the town "All you've done is attract the attention of people for miles around." The coffee combined with the lack of sleep became fuel for his anger, it wasn't too common that Roan got angry. "If the cops were on your side, you wouldn't need to be so paranoid as to shoot someone phone before they called them, because they're on youre side... Right?" Roan cocked his head, an angry look seemed to have filled his eyes.
" yyou ...you know what! if you don't! aah how dare talk to ME that way!!"the man was so angry he lost his words.
Sia was paralyzed with shock breathing hardly breathing , steadily looking towards the mans gun.
before the man could make another move, another nosey neighbor named Carl came out of his house,
" whats goin on out here, Roan you alright I ain't never seen you so angry!" Carl shouted standing on his door step with a confused look on his face.

Roan quickly stood between the old man and Sia, contemplating whether or not he still has any bullets left in there, not taking his eyes off the old man he called to carl "Didn't you hear the gunshot?" He asked him, still keeping his eyes trained on the old man, ready to make a move if he decided to pull that trigger... His fists were shaking from him clenching them so tightly, his nails were starting dig into his palms, bringing pain which he dismissed for the time being, with andrenaline beginning to course through is veins.

Roan quickly stood between the old man and Sia, contemplating whether or not he still has any bullets left in there, not taking his eyes off the old man he called to carl "Didn't you hear the gunshot?" He asked him, still keeping his eyes trained on the old man, ready to make a move if he decided to pull that trigger... His fists were shaking from him clenching them so tightly, his nails were starting dig into his palms, bringing pain which he dismissed for the time being, with andrenaline beginning to course through is veins.
"Gun?!" Carl gestured his hands toward his sons and wife inside the house , and at once the boys grabbed their guns, pointing them out standing on the porch.
" leave them young folk alone! we don't want no body to get hurt old June you know what I mean!" Carls wife shouted
old June ran off into the woods.

With a sigh, and a shake of his head Roan clicked his tongue at the old man "So... What were you saying about minding your own busniness?" He asked him, his fists still clenched just incase.

With a sigh, and a shake of his head Roan clicked his tongue at the old man "So... What were you saying about minding your own busniness?" He asked him, his fists still clenched just incase.
"... we see when ain't nobody round , to safe you" he said in a low tone, as he ran into the woods,
"yall aright why don't you come in we's just about to have breakfast!" said Carl hoping Roan was alright.

"I've had practive saving myself plenty of times..." Roan thought in his head as the old man ran off, hearing Carl's request, he figured he couldn're refuse, unclenching his fists, he turned to Sia, who seemed frozen in shock not too long ago with a worried look. "Are you alright?" he asked her, his tone changing back to a norma, quiet tone, he felt a little bit of blood drip from his palms where his nails have dug too deep, feeling the pain from that now the andrenaline was starting to wear off...

"I've had practive saving myself plenty of times..." Roan thought in his head as the old man ran off, hearing Carl's request, he figured he couldn're refuse, unclenching his fists, he turned to Sia, who seemed frozen in shock not too long ago with a worried look. "Are you alright?" he asked her, his tone changing back to a norma, quiet tone, he felt a little bit of blood drip from his palms where his nails have dug too deep, feeling the pain from that now the andrenaline was starting to wear off...
Sia was angry at herself, she wished she was just as courageous as her father was, she always tries but often fails,"I fail...at everything..."
said Sia as she put her head down, putting her face in the palm of her shaking hand , she reflected on her actions, and she felt like a fool herself.
Carls wife came over to the field and took Sia by the hand, she didn't say much, because she wasn't a very affectionate woman to anyone often, but she did care for Sia's feelings .
She walked Sia over to her home , she looked back at Roan
" well you comin or you just gonna sit there like a duck, come on."

Roan nodded, still quite noticeably worried about Sia, he followed Carls wife inside quietly, taking a quick moment to look back at the woods, wondering who that old man was... He was still mad at him for doing what he did, not to mention making Sia feel so vulnerable, he inhaled and exhaled for a moment, calming himself down again. Regaining his calm composure again, he caught up with Sia and Carls wife, continueing to follow them inside since he couldn't turn down a neighbors request, plus, he'd have to make sure Sia was alright...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.