Shrouded Heir of the Seven Hills: Constantinople

@chaosheart13

Rider stared on at the three figures before him. Hand on his chin as he pondered on what they should do next.

Firstly, he did not trust them. The only ones he currently trusts are the ones he was summoned alongside with. He knows that they share a goal together. A goal that serves as the foundation for their bond as a group. Should that foundation ever crumble, they will quickly follow. He doesn't know what kind of goal those three share. For all he knows their goal could run right up against theirs. Rider would need more information, but it doesn't seem like he would have the luxury of knowing right now.

Secondly, Rider wasn't confident they could win if a fight did break out. Sure, they may have the numbers on their side and superiority over the battlefield with Rider of Skies, but he knows that none of them fought alongside each other so their teamwork and coordination is non-existant at this moment. Their fighting styles could clash and cause more harm to all of them more than to their opponents; especially since it would seem their potential opposition does have some coordination on their side. They run the risk of falling apart mid-battle with nowhere to flee should things turn south for them.

In the middle of his thoughts, he noticed Charlemagne arrive. With a serious expression across his face, he looks down at him from on top of Surus to address his concerns to him. "Saber. I don't like the odds for us if a fight breaks out. I advise we avoid them for now and scout elsewhere until we have an idea of what's going on here; before we make any rash decisions that could end up with us getting maimed before we even get one foot out the door."

Though, he knows that he is no master. He is still but a servant. Rider doesn't have control over them or what they do. His hand will be forced if they decide against him. If that ends up being the choice, he will try his best to lead them in their first battle. "Although, if you oppose, I will see what I can do to help us succeed otherwise." He shows Saber a confident grin, however slight the grin it may be.

@TheSly @Supremacy @chaosheart13

Samson replied to the Rider with the flying chariot. "I assure you, dear friend, that my strength in coupling with Prelati's sharp mind would create explosions of an entirely different sort, if you get my meaning, eh?" He clapped him on the back. "I apologize, but it seems the girl is leading me on a bit of a chase, and it would be unmanly of me to refuse. I appreciate you and that Canaanite-looking fellow with the elephant looking after my rear, though. Prelati," he said tenderly, "would doubtless be disturbed if we were interrupted."

Samson limped away, leaving a nonplussed Rider as he followed Caster's mirage.

Samson was utterly taken by Prelati's ethereal beauty as she flitted away. He could sense the faint shimmers of her presence even as her physical form was no more, and it aroused his interest even further.

"Prelati..."

The name rolled off his tongue like honey, and bewitched him. Hmm, maybe this was the magic of the Caster class? The Grail seemed not to have told him about this particular Caster class skill... unless it was no magic at all?

Yes, that was it.

She was clearly just as interested in him as he was in her. She was just... uncomfortable with herself. Yeah, she clearly must have lived a cloistered life, no doubt achieving great heights of witchcraft. And like the witches in ancient Israel, she must not have had much... male company. Yes, for whatever reason, those women tended to band together, keep their secret profane knowledge out of the menfolk's hands.

And so this young girl, only now tasting the fruit of womanhood, is confronted by a veritable Tammuz of a man. Any woman would feel weak in the knees, doubly one who had only known the company of fellow women.

And who was too beautiful to be wasted like that. As Samson knew, books were well and fine, but a book can't tie you down and make you breathe your soul out in gasps of pleasure.

Or breathe it out along with your lifeblood flowing from a slit throat.

Either way.

Books were no fun.

As Samson limped along, following Prelati's ghostly presence, he was distracted from his internal longings by a sight up ahead. Three forms, probably human -- though who knew who was an Angel or not, with all these supernatural phenomena popping up everywhere? -- in a small field, like kings of rubble.

Like a supreme Lord sitting atop a mound of rubble, these three gave off a tremendous aura of power from within the ruined field.

Hmm. I may have to fight.

He looked around, and saw that the Canaanite fellow had already arrived.

Stupid Riders and their speed. He cursed under his breath, that all their mounts might be afflicted with hemorrhoids.

"Hail, Canaanite fellow," he said, sidling up to the Rider. "I don't believe I've your name, but you remind me of my homeland -- are you by chance of Moabite or Philistine extraction? You have the nose of my first wife. And her lips, it so happens. Though I must apologize, I don't plan to use yours as I did hers. My heart belongs to another, you see." A look of true sorrow filled Berserker's visage, as he empathized with the frustrations of the man before him, all alone on the battlefield, with no-one but his elephant to warm his bed. And as much as some tried, elephants weren't terribly good at that.

He turned to Saber, not far away. "And you, sword-wielding Hero, I know you not but I have to disagree with your swarthy companion here. Jumping straight into the fray is what I do best, and I think the three of us can defeat those strange folk down there. As you can see, I'm not terribly mobile, but if the two of you you get me close enough to them we should have no trouble."

"Which reminds me," he said to no one in particular. "Where did Caster go?"

In the frozen seconds while their swords clashed, Caster and the female Saber's eyes met. As if they had communicated in that brief glance - a distinct possibility - they broke off immediately and the three separated by several feet.

"Caster?" asked the older man.

Caster raised an eyebrow. "They're not yours, huh?" He sighed, sounding decades older than he looked. "Of course. Things could never be simple."

Both the Sabers nodded in sync, and their blades vanished. "Come forth, cowards! Show yourselves!" they yelled in perfect unison.

Reactions: LunaticRedEyes1
Having completely calmed himself down by this point, Saber strode forward confidently.

"Greetings, fellow Servants! Are you friends or foes?" he loudly inquired, his hand in close reach of his sheathed blade.

@Supremacy @LunaticRedEyes1

Charlemagne couldn't help but just give Samson a deadpan look for a moment before sighing. "I know I won't be able to stop you, but even so..." he mumbled as he ruffled the back of his hair, "Just...I would exercise caution. A large amount of caution...we do not know who we're dealing with and-" He stiffened as the people called out to each other and cursed himself for not paying attention. "...That fight might be coming soon..." he mumbled again as his hand moved to grab his sword at his waist. He stopped pulling it out about halfway when he saw the Saber of Wa go to the strangers without a thought of them possibly attacking. A grin slowly edged on his face as he glared angrily at the prince. "...You...idiot...little..." he hissed as he fully sheathed his sword before running next to him to "greet" these new people. His grin remained on his face as he stared coldly at them, studying them.

Two people so much alike and yet not, twins and yet...clearly different ages. The woman, with a horrid burn...he felt like aching. Their hairs of different lengths yet black...their eyes he tried to discern though he was never good with telling a person's soul through their eyes. That was more the others around him... As for the other one, so much younger, like the age he chose, red hair with some white and tall like he... Hm, interesting. So far, no weapons...but who's to say they wouldn't be taken out quickly. "Hello gentlemen, miladies, how dost thee fair on this fine day?" he asked, still keeping an easy grin on his face and continuing to study them, "Surely this morning has been interesting for us. ...We might've heard something explode and got uneasy so we had to investigate. Unfortunately we found nothing." He would not imply it was probably these three that caused it, but he wasn't going to let his emotions show right now. Just...hopefully the others won't do a thing.

@Supremacy

If I had exercised caution, would I have become a Heroic Spirit in the first place?

Samson sighed, but let Charlemagne do as he wished. Who was he to get in the way of a king?

Samson was more of an... anarchist, but not a particularly principled one.

If people wanted to put a king over themselves, let them go with God. Just... as long as no one minded good ol' Sammy giving the boy with a crown a really hard time.

And if the princeling couldn't take Samson's jokes head-on, well, he couldn't've been worthy of the position in the first place.

Samson hung back and waved at the three unidentified persons.

Still waving, he turned back to Hannibal. "So... think they're gonna kill him?"

@imprimatur13 @chaosheart13 @LunaticRedEyes1

"Hmm?" His attention turns towards Samson. He didn't expect him to be able to notice where his people originated from looks alone. A smile formed on his face as he attempted to begin to speak, but then Samson mentioned the part about his lips. He looks a bit taken back from it as it caught him off guard, throwing him for a loop. Once he quickly recovered, Rider let out a short chuckle. "Worry not, um.. Samson?" He hopes that he has gotten that name right. He only heard it once during their time at the hill before the sound reached them. "I take no offense from your words, but I will thank you for the compliment. I DO have great lips, huh." He places his hand on his chin and looks off into the distance with a wide grin as he lets out a few chuckles as well.

Samson seems like an alright fellow to spend time with. Like a drinking partner you could count on anytime, anyday. Though, Rider's smile faded away once he heard the trio call them out.

Rider stared at the trio as they called them out. It wasn't like he was expecting them to not notice them for so long. In some way, it was better that they made the first move. He could get more information about them from it. They sound rather cautious and a bit confrontational. Rightfully so, given the numbers between them and the unfamilarity that surrounds all of them.

For now, he shouldn't really do anything that could be seen as a threat. Not until everyone is in better positions after all.

He stayed back with Samson for a bit, giving the others a single wave as he went back to analyzing them. He turns so he could look down at Samson once he spoke of Saber's safety. "Hmm.. just a little. While things seems to be friendly, we should take this moment to get as close as we could." Rider said in more of a hushed tone to Samson before moving up behind the two Sabers in front of them.

@Supremacy

Samson joins Hannibal.

Heathen he may be, but I never cared much about that. Seems honorable, and that's what really matters, after all.

Though I really
should make a point of asking him about his elephant.