8. Douche
  9. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, Magical
HUMANITY FOUNDATION LEVEL: EX

Welcome to Shrouded Heir of the Seven Hills: Constantinople!

————————

The deadline is closing in on Humanity, and the Human Order Foundation is still unstable. The Chaldea Security Organization is deploying to the seventh Singularity - Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts: Babylonia - with the hope of entirely fixing the Greater History of Man. It's the last Singularity detected, after all. Demon God Flauros - Lev Lainur - laughs from the grave. It wasn't hard to hide an eighth Singularity entirely from Chaldea's sensors - he did have direct access to Global Environment Model CHALDEAS and Near-Future Observation Lens SHEBA, after all.

All is not lost, however. Just as in the previous Singularities, Humanity as a whole can assist. The Counter Force has deployed more Servants than ever before into the Singularity. Good, evil, doesn't matter. The Singularity must be resolved by any means necessary, or the destruction of Humanity is an absolute.

An indefinite reality like a Singularity, cut off from the Greater History of Man, is like a shadowy legend even to the Counter Force itself. The information the Counter Force can provide is scarce. But this is known: the date is 545 of the Common Era. Khosrau "the Immortal Soul," is Shahanshah of Persia. Justinian I is Emperor of Rome - of Greece, really. Constantiople stands as a wall, letting the mighty armies of Persia go no further. And further they have gone - to the soft, blue shores of the Bosphorus. And like a shadow in the night stalks the Plague, in an Egypt ascendant once again. A misplaced breath, and Western Civilization will shatter, and the hopes of man will pass into night.

————————

In this RP, the characters are all "Servants" - ancient (or not so ancient) heroes with mighty abilities. They can be basically anything; real individuals from history, mythological heroes, even characters from stories. If you've got an idea and you're not sure if it will work, just ask! Canonical servants are also perfectly fine, though some won't work (because they're too powerful, which is to say, Archer/Caster Gilgamesh). Below is a character sheet.

True Name:
Class:
Alignment:
Appearance:
Stats
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magical Energy:
Luck:
Class Skills:
Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name:
Title/Alternative Reading:
Type:
Description:
Personality:
Legend:

Some notes:
"Class" refers to one of Seven Classes (or EXTRA classes; if you'd like to play one, please ask): Saber, a master of swords; Archer, a hero skilled with bow and arrow; Lancer, a spear master; Rider, a hero defined by their steed (alive or mechanical); Caster, a master of Magecraft; Assassin, a master killer; or Berserker, a hero defined by rage.
Stats and Skills are ranked from E to EX ranks, with +/- for when they vary in certain edge cases. Generally, you should have about one stat of each rank A to E, with EX only when a character is defined by that stat. For skills, it really doesn't matter. Class skills are listed below. If you make up a skill - which you should do - describe it; if the skill already exists, a description is unneeded.
"Luck" is the ability of a character to defy destiny. Basically, if somebody led the hero around by the nose, particularly a god or "fate," they'll have a low Luck stat. If somebody rebelled against destiny, they tend to have a high one.
The "Noble Phantasm" is the core of somebody's legend in a physical form - eg. Excalibur for King Arthur.

Class Skills:

Archer: Magic Resistance, Clairvoyance
Saber: Magic Resistance, Riding
Lancer: Magic Resistance
Caster: Territory Creation, Item Creation
Rider: Riding
Assassin: Presence Concealment
Berserker: Madness Enhancement
Any Connected to Gods: Divinity

Example Character Sheet:

True Name: Ajax the Greater
Class: Shielder
Alignment: True Neutral
Appearance:
latest.png

Stats
Strength: B+
Endurance: A
Agility: C-
Magical Energy: E
Luck: D
Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B
Divinity D
Personal Skills:

Unconquered A: Embraces a Madness Enhancement until all humans and animals in sight are dead.
Battle Continuation C
Aikhmeta B: Ajax can ignore any and all defensive abilities of a lower rank on Archers.

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name: Rho Aias
Title/Alternative Reading: The Seven Rings that Cover the Fiery Heavens
Type: Anti-Fortress (Self)
Description: The great shield of Ajax, made of seven bull hides covered in bronze. Manifests as seven great shields, capped with the seven-petaled purple flower that grew at the place of her suicide. Boasts a near-absolute defense against thrown weapons.

Background: A proud warrior and royal of the island of Salamis, eldest daughter and heir of King Telamon. According to legend, she was the greatest hero of the Greeks at Troy after Achilles. Her massive shield was made of seven layers of hide of a bull, with a covering of bronze, which she used to great effect in slaying many Trojan heroes, and fighting Hector to a standstill. When Achilles died, Ajax desired to take up his armor, as it was magically forged by Hephaestus. Odysseus, however, was far more eloquent, and was awarded the armor. Possessed by fury, Ajax attempted to slay those who had awarded the armor, but Athena sent an illusion to her, causing her to instead slay crowds of sheep. When her fury faded and she realized what she had done, the shame overcame her, and she committed suicide.

Accepted Characters:
@Supremacy - Rider Hannibal Barca
@Yankee - Lancer Yomotsu-Shikone
@TheSly - Rider Manfred von Richthofen
@Torack - Lancer Leonidas of Sparta
@LunaticRedEyes1 - Saber Prince Shotoku of Wa
@0th Law - Caster Albert Einstein
@Sidereal - Caster Françoise Prelati
@chaosheart13 - Saber Charlemagne
@Brother Gabriel - Ruler Louis IX
@Aspiring Shoulder - Ruler Jean Valjean
@imprimatur13 - Berserker Samson

Last edited:
Is there a limit on servant classes? Love the idea of Ajax as a shielder by the way!

Sorry, I was reading my message over and realized I didn't make myself clear enough! I meant that in can there be multiple servants of the same class.

Last edited:
Is there a limit on servant classes? Love the idea of Ajax as a shielder by the way!
For standard Classes (the seven listed), no - we could have a half-dozen Berserkers and nothing else if that's what people wanted (though I doubt that).
For Extra Classes (Ruler, Avenger, etc) there's not a hard cap, but I'd ask that if you're interested in one, just gimme a yodel in a PM about it before you make the CS.

Mashuface Ajax is fun. She's going to be one of the NPCs, which should be interesting.

Reactions: Supremacy
Trying to get a bunch of berserkers to work together sounds like a great time to be had! Thanks for answering my question.

Reactions: Shiki
Gonna get started on some rough character sheets today. Ideally I'd like to have someone that either fits well with the rest of the group or has a high contrast to them. What is everyone else thinking for their character?

True Name:
Hannibal Barca
Rider of Lightning
Class: Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance:
0813fca4bab657d808d656e6cbe74a48--roman-legion-roman-soldiers.jpg

Stats
Strength
:
B
Endurance: C+
Agility: E
Magical Energy: D
Luck: A-
Class Skills:
Riding A

Personal Skills:
Resentment of Rome C-:
He was brought up to resent Rome from a young age. This was because of his father however; he never personally grew any hatred towards Rome himself. He sees them more as rivals, if anything. This Skill allows him to have increased effectiveness towards Roman opponents.
"I am not carrying on a war of extermination against the Romans. I am contending for honour and empire. My ancestors yielded to Roman valour. I am endeavouring that others, in their turn, will be obliged to yield to my good fortune, and my valour."

Military Prowess A:
A testament to his achievements while leading his troops on the battlefield. Increases the effectiveness of those under his command.
"I don't see myself standing above the likes of Alexander the Great, or King Pyrrhus, only among them. But, Scipio, if I have won that battle we had in Zama, I would have been."

Provoke B:
He knows how to prod his opponents into making hasty and unjustified actions in the heat of battle. When used against Roman opponents, this skill is Rank A instead. This skill is negated by skills that allows for tactical prowess on the battlefield, or ones that help with keeping a level head, of rank B or higher; rank A or higher in the case of Romans.
"These Romans, they can be goaded so easily sometimes."

Noble Phantasm(s):

Name:
???
HANNIBAL ANTE PORTAS
Title/Alternative Reading: ???
"Hannibal is at the gates!"
Type: Anti-Army
Description: Rider calls forth his Carthaginian Elephant Brigade to come crashing down upon his enemies once more! Summons seven War Elephants with soldiers on the battlements on the elephants' back throwing down javelins and casting rocks from their slings. Surus, the only named elephant, is Rider's personal steed and the one leading the charge in the center of the seven elephants.

Name:
???
Journey through the Alps!
"The Way of Hercules!", "If we cannot find a way, then I will make one."
Type: Anti-Mountain
Description: Through the use of this Noble Phantasm, Rider is able to cross the Alps yet again with his companions to traverse vast distances. This comes at great strain to Rider. The further the distance he wishes to travel, the more magical energy he will have to expend. Without a master to supply him with a considerable amount afterwards, it is unlikely he will be able to use this Noble Phantasm a second time.

Personality:

Rider has rather brotherly aura about him. One you could trust to stand with you and share in the trials and tribulations as one. Someone who you need not look up to as he sees all of his brother-in-arms as equals. Despite the many victories he has acquired, he could never fully realize the importance of them, leaving him to become oblivious at times. He revels in the feeling of catching his opponent off guard. The look of dread on their faces once they realize they have sprung his traps is something he will never get used to. This makes each time feel just as good as the last.

Legend:

A man who had set fear into the heart of Rome herself during his time. His campaign through Rome during the Second Punic War was stuff of legends! From crossing the Alps with a mighty force when previously thought impossible; to winning battles when the odds were stacked against him. Rider was unstoppable. He was truly craving a path into history with his accomplishments! This remained to be true up until that faithful day.

During the height of his campaign; Rider was called back to his country to face a threat against his homeland. Someone he has met upon the field of war before, Scipio the Great, was marching an army towards Rider's home of Carthage. Rider didn't hesitate to march against him. He was sure that he could overcome his forces, especially with the numerical advantage between his forces.

But, at the Battle of Zuma, Rider's last battle, he was defeated. Some say that he was killed during his fight against Scipio. Other accounts state he survived and was later exiled from Carthage, forced to end his life through ingesting poison by his own hand. Despite the varying accounts on the matter, they all agree that the Battle of Zuma marked the end of his legend.

If there is anything that needs to be changed, let me know! I will gladly change what needs to be done.

Last edited:
True Name:
Hannibal Barca
Rider of Lightning
Class: Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance:
0813fca4bab657d808d656e6cbe74a48--roman-legion-roman-soldiers.jpg

Stats
Strength: B
Endurance: C+
Agility: E
Luck: A-
Class Skills:
Riding A

Personal Skills:
Resentment of Rome C-: He was brought up to resent Rome from a young age. This was because of his father however; he never personally grew any hatred towards Rome himself. He sees them more as rivals, if anything. This Skill allows him to have increased effectiveness towards Roman opponents.

Military Prowess A: A testament to his achievements while leading his troops on the battlefield. Increases the effectiveness of those under his command.

Provoke B+: He knows how to prod his opponents into making hasty and unjustified actions in the heat of battle. This skill is negated by skills that allows for tactical prowess on the battlefield, or ones that help with keeping a level head, of rank B+ or higher.

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name: ???
HANNIBAL ANTE PORTAS
"Hannibal is at the gates!"
Description: Rider calls forth his Carthaginian Elephant Brigade to come crashing down upon his enemies once more! Summons seven War Elephants with soldiers on the battlements on the elephants' back throwing down javelins and casting rocks from their slings. Surus, the only named elephant, is Rider's personal steed and the one leading the charge in the center of the seven elephants.

Name: ???
Journey through the Alps!
The Way of Hercules!
Type: Anti-Mountain
Description: Through the use of this Noble Phantasm, Rider is able to cross the Alps yet again with his companions to traverse vast distances. This comes at great strain to Rider. The further the distance he wishes to travel, the more magical energy he will have to expend. Without a master to supply him with a considerable amount afterwards, it is unlikely he will be able to use this Noble Phantasm a second time.

Personality:
Rider has rather brotherly aura about him. One you could trust to stand with you and share in the trials and tribulations as one. Someone who you need not look up to as he sees all of his brother-in-arms as equals. Despite the many victories he has acquired, he could never fully realize the importance of them, leaving him to become oblivious at times. He revels in the feeling of catching his opponent off guard. The look of dread on their faces once they realize they have sprung his traps is something he will never get used to. This makes each time feel just as good as the last.

Legend:
A man who had set fear into the heart of Rome herself during his time. His campaign through Rome during the Second Punic War was stuff of legends! From crossing the Alps with a mighty force when previously thought impossible; to winning battles when the odds were stacked against him. Rider was unstoppable. He was truly craving a path into history with his accomplishments! This remained to be true up until that faithful day.

During the height of his campaign; Rider was called back to his country to face a threat against his homeland. Someone he has met upon the field of war before, Scipio the Great, was marching an army towards Rider's home of Carthage. Rider didn't hesitate to march against him. He was sure that he could overcome his forces, especially with the numerical advantage between his forces.

But, at the Battle of Zuma, Rider's last battle, he was defeated. Some say that he was killed during his fight against Scipio. Other accounts state he survived and was later exiled from Carthage, forced to end his life through ingesting poison by his own hand. Despite the varying accounts on the matter, they all agree that the Battle of Zuma marked the end of his legend.

If there is anything that needs to be changed, let me know! I will gladly change what needs to be done.

I like it! (Hannibal should've won, prove me wrong)

A few things:
For "Endurance C+," "Luck A-," "Resentment of Rome C-," and "Provoke B+," what are the conditions for the +/-? Like, for example, "Provoke B+" could work better on Romans - at the level of A - since that's who he fought.
Also, what's the high luck based off of? Hannibal doesn't strike me as particularly notable for rebelling against fate, but if you have a specific reason, that's fine.

Alright, let me try and explain my method in madness here! (Note that the stats swapped around at least five times over the course of creating the sheet)

Firstly, Exhibit A: Stats!
Endurance C+
I would wager that taking part in a decent number of battles would make one rather resilient. He also lost an eye early on in his campaign against Rome and continued on to win the rest of his battles regardless. Lastly, I already had a B for a stat so yeah..

Luck A-
This one was fun since it is the one stat that changed the most! I believe traversing the Alps with an army the size he had successfully would be defying fate in some way since it was quite a suicidal move on his part. Though it can be owed more to his military prowess, beating the romans despite the odds against him on plenty of occasions could also warrant it being as high. For the - on there, I would say that even despite all of that, losing a battle where he had the odds on his side as well as home field advantage would factor into his luck stat being as is, in my mind.

Exhibit B: Skills!
Resentment of Rome C-
I would say that his resentment towards Rome was only due to being brought up to believe as such. He never grew it past that. I suppose it could actually be more of a C instead since Rome was a constant threat against his home country, but he never truly hated Rome.

Provoke B+
The idea of having this skill be a B, and a A towards Roman opponents, is actually better. I was chose the middle ground since I was divided on whether or not it should be Rank B or A.

I'm itching to change the Luck stat again after thinking it over. If any of this doesn't make sense, then I understand. It gave me a headache or two thinking it over myself.

Here is my submission! It's all under this spoiler. Let me know if anything is amiss or you need me to clarify anything!

True Name: Yomotsu-shikome
Class: Lancer
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Appearance:
(Click for full image)
33wAK3q.jpg

Stats:
Strength:
A
Endurance: C+ *
Agility: B
Luck: E
*Endurance increases if Shikome is actively in pursuit

Class Skills:
  • Magic ResistanceC
    • "Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals."
  • Divinity E
    • Having been touched by the Goddess Izanami and entrusted with a mission, Lancer retains a little bit of the "divine." However, the low rank doesn't seem to help her at all, and only serves as an attribute.
Personal Skills:
  • Demonic Nature of Oni A
    • A skill that represents the power and true nature of oni. In battle it powers Lancer up substantially in a way similar to the skills Monstrous Strength and Mana Burst.
  • Eat, Eat, Eat!! C
    • Though some would say it's more of a curse than a skill, it reinforces the ravenous nature of Lancer and draws her toward sources of food. It's not a completely negative skill however: Eat, Eat, Eat!! also converts much more energy intake from things like eating and sleeping into mana. If this skill was ever sealed, it would be hard for Lancer to maintain her physical form.
  • Eight Ugly Oni B
    • A skill than encapsulates a popular reading of her tale that describes Shikome not as a single being, but a group of demons. In her Berserker form, it serves as her Noble Phantasm. As a Lancer, it is a skill that lowers various parameters in order to boost a single one at a time, drawing upon the strength of "eight" oni instead of just one.
Noble Phantasm:
Name:
Yomi-no-nuhoko:
Spear of the Underworld
Type: Anti-Unit
Description:
A corrupted imitation of the divine spear Amenonuhoko which created the islands of Japan. Yominonuhoko takes the form of a dark naginata of sublime craftsmanship. It's strength is superior to many other weapons alone, but when Lancer activates her Noble Phantasm it becomes a truly deadly force. When activated, the spear creates "the underworld" wherever it is swung. The earth itself withers if struck by it's blade. Against other servants, this noble phantasm saps away strength and severely weakens the areas slashed.

Personality:
Lancer is a being that looks after herself first. Although she is capable of working within a team, if it comes down to it she will sacrifice those teammates to save her own life. She speaks her mind and does whatever she pleases whenever she pleases, and comes off as a brash, crude person. As an oni, she enjoys destruction, and she has a temper with a short fuse. Lancer's most personal aspect is her appetite. She loves gorging herself on food, drink, and even human beings. She has a strong sense of smell in order to better seek out food, and she'll even stop in the middle of battle to eat should she catch wind of any. Although she isn't an abnormally strong servant, she burns through mana very quickly and needs to physically eat to replenish it, making her a dangerous partner for any master.

Legend:
A resident of the Japanese underworld, Yomi, Lancer (known as Yomotsu-shikome or simply "Shikome") spent most of her days devouring anything she could get her hands on. When satisfied, she'd spend the rest of the time lounging. However, it came that one day the Goddess Izanami died and came to Yomi. Naturally, many inhabitants were curious about her. Lancer was no exception, and she struck up many conversations with the sullen Goddess. Lancer was a disgusting creature even for an oni, yet Izanami showed no loathing for her. Similarly, as Izanami's appearance degraded and her body decomposed, Lancer felt even closer to her.

When Izanami's husband, the God Izanagi, ventured into the underworld to rescue his wife, Lancer for the first time in her life felt conflicted. She had come to befriend Izanami, and hoped she could return to what made her happy, yet she would be lonely should that happen. Of course, that did not happen. Izanagi offended his wife and tried to flee Yomi - and Lancer was sent after him.

Her mission to chase after Izanagi and drag him down into the depths of the underworld was some of the most savage fun Lancer had ever had in her life. She was zealous in her pursuit, destroying everything in her path to get to Izanagi. As she gained on him, there was one thing that held her back: her appetite. Despite her want to tear the God apart, whenever he threw food over his shoulder, Lancer had to stop and eat it. She burned so much energy during the chase that to not eat it would mean she would never catch him. In the end, she didn't end up capturing Izanagi. The God lastly threw a peach at her, something she hated with all her heart, and when she hesitated Izanagi took the opportunity to seal off the entrance to Yomi, separating the world of the living and the dead forever.

Shikome is summoned now in her "Lancer" form, from after this event rather than during it. Having failed her mission, Lancer returned to Izanami's side and vowed to make it up to her someday. Lancer was granted a boon, the shadow of Amenonuhoko, for her service.

Last edited:
Here is my submission! It's all under this spoiler. Let me know if anything is amiss or you need me to clarify anything!

Appearance:
(Click for full image)
33wAK3q.jpg

Stats:
Strength:
A

Class Skills:
  • Magic ResistanceC
    • "Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals."
Personal Skills:
    • A skill that represents the power and true nature of oni. In battle it powers Lancer up substantially in a way similar to the skills Monstrous Strength and Mana Burst.
  • Divinity E
    • Having been touched by the Goddess Izanami and entrusted with a mission, Lancer retains a little bit of the "divine." However, the low rank doesn't seem to help her at all, and only serves as an attribute.
  • Eight Ugly Oni B
    • A skill than encapsulates a popular reading of her tale that describes Shikome not as a single being, but a group of demons. In her Berserker form, it serves as her Noble Phantasm. As a Lancer, it is a skill that lowers various parameters in order to boost a single one at a time, drawing upon the strength of "eight" oni instead of just one.
Noble Phantasm:
Name:
Yomi-no-nuhoko:
Spear of the Underworld
Description:
A corrupted imitation of the divine spear Amenonuhoko which created the islands of Japan. Yominonuhoko takes the form of a dark naginata of sublime craftsmanship. It's strength is superior to many other weapons alone, but when Lancer activates her Noble Phantasm it becomes a truly deadly force. When activated, the spear creates "the underworld" wherever it is swung. The earth itself withers if struck by it's blade. Against other servants, this noble phantasm saps away strength and severely weakens the areas slashed.

Personality:
Lancer is a being that looks after herself first. Although she is capable of working within a team, if it comes down to it she will sacrifice those teammates to save her own life. She speaks her mind and does whatever she pleases whenever she pleases, and comes off as a brash, crude person. As an oni, she enjoys destruction, and she has a temper with a short fuse. Lancer's most personal aspect is her appetite. She loves gorging herself on food, drink, and even human beings. She has a strong sense of smell in order to better seek out food, and she'll even stop in the middle of battle to eat should she catch wind of any. Although she isn't an abnormally strong servant, she burns through mana very quickly and needs to physically eat to replenish it, making her a dangerous partner for any master.

Legend:
A resident of the Japanese underworld, Yomi, Lancer (known as Yomotsu-shikome or simply "Shikome") spent most of her days devouring anything she could get her hands on. When satisfied, she'd spend the rest of the time lounging. However, it came that one day the Goddess Izanami died and came to Yomi. Naturally, many inhabitants were curious about her. Lancer was no exception, and she struck up many conversations with the sullen Goddess. Lancer was a disgusting creature even for an oni, yet Izanami showed no loathing for her. Similarly, as Izanami's appearance degraded and her body decomposed, Lancer felt even closer to her.

When Izanami's husband, the God Izanagi, ventured into the underworld to rescue his wife, Lancer for the first time in her life felt conflicted. She had come to befriend Izanami, and hoped she could return to what made her happy, yet she would be lonely should that happen. Of course, that did not happen. Izanagi offended his wife and tried to flee Yomi - and Lancer was sent after him.

Her mission to chase after Izanagi and drag him down into the depths of the underworld was some of the most savage fun Lancer had ever had in her life. She was zealous in her pursuit, destroying everything in her path to get to Izanagi. As she gained on him, there was one thing that held her back: her appetite. Despite her want to tear the God apart, whenever he threw food over his shoulder, Lancer had to stop and eat it. She burned so much energy during the chase that to not eat it would mean she would never catch him. In the end, she didn't end up capturing Izanagi. The God lastly threw a peach at her, something she hated with all her heart, and when she hesitated Izanagi took the opportunity to seal off the entrance to Yomi, separating the world of the living and the dead forever.

Shikome is summoned now in her "Lancer" form, from after this event rather than during it. Having failed her mission, Lancer returned to Izanami's side and vowed to make it up to her someday. Lancer was granted a boon, the shadow of Amenonuhoko, for her service.

Looks good to me! Divinity usually goes under Class Skills, rather than Personal, but obviously that's not terribly a problem; you don't have to edit that if you don't want to. But yeah - skills and NP both look interesting without being overpowered. Just from glancing at her legend, you may want to give her a skill that increases the Magical Energy gain from food, since it's apparently really inefficient (as in, practically a waste of time) normally, but that's up to you.

Alright, here is my servant... who just so happens to also be a Rider class... Oopsy.
Anyways, the sheet is in the Spoiler, have fun looking at it.
True Name:
Manfred von Richthofen.

Alias:
The Red Baron.
The Red Devil.
The Red Knight.
Le Petit Rouge. (The little Red)

Class:
Rider.

Alignment:
Neutral Good.

Appearance:
0*-AYfu4W9PNBhUu59.jpg

The Red Baron stands 1,80 meters / 5'10" feet tall and weighs 64 kilos / 141 pounds. He has short blonde hair, a clean-shaven face with comparably pale skin and clear blue eyes. He has a robust and fit physique and looks to be in his mid-twenties.

He wears old World War I. german uniform and hat, over these, he sometimes wears a light blueish gray trench coat with a high collar. On the trench coat is the Iron Cross, awarded to him for his bravery under fire while he was still part of the cavalry and around his neck is the Pour le Mérite, or "Blue Max" Germany's most illustrious military medal.

On his belt is his Mauser C96 pistol as well as a hunting knife and another smaller one.

Stats:
Strength:

D
Endurance:
B+
Agility:
A+
Magical Energy:
D
Luck:
A++

Class Skills:
Riding - Rank: A+
Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Manfred von Richthofen is best known for his skills as the pilot of his aviator, warranting the high ranking of this skill.

Magic Resistance - Rank: D+
Grants protection against magical effects.

Personal Skills:
Battle Continuation - Rank: B
An ability granted to those who have a great ability to continue fighting even if they are in a physically critical situation. Manfred von Richthofen fought in air combats that lasted for hours, even in bad weather or with a tired and injured body. He can fight even with a bullet-riddled body, bleeding, broken limbs, or even severe brain and mental damage for hours, or even days.

Military Tactics - Rank: B+
A skill given to great military strategists who know how to use their resources and conditions well to outperform their enemies. Manfred von Richthofen was a great pilot who eventually commanded an entire squadron of German fighter pilots during World War I. He was a great strategist and commander for his allied pilots, which eventually made him come up with a variety of strategies to make his team do their very best.

Perfect Aim - Rank: C - B
A skill given to those who have perfect shooting accuracy for what they do. Manfred von Richthofen had perfect precision when it came to air combat, hitting enemy pilots even under the worst weather conditions.

While outside of his aviator, this skill is treated as if it was of Rank C. Manfred von Richthofen used to be part of the cavalry and as such is a skilled marksman, however, his aiming with a gun is not as frightening as with his aviator.

Noble Phantasms:
Name:

Fokker Dreidecker 1.
Title:
"The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the man who sits in it."
A
Type:
Anti-Unit.
Description:
A simple Noble Phantasm that summons the Red Baron's iconic blood-red Fokker Dr. 1 to his side. The plane comes fully equipped, just like it was in the plane's prime and is in peak condition. Each time this Noble Phantasm is used Manfred von Richthofen simply summons a new Fokker to his side, although he seems to be unable to use this Noble Phantasm if he has already summoned a Fokker with it and that Fokker is still functioning and not badly damaged.

The greatest problem of this Noble Phantasm is that, while it can be powerful and the Fokker Dreidecker 1. was an incredible invention for its time, it is still a plane and an old one at that. It makes a lot of noise and due to its bright red coloration is easy to spot, making secretive operations near impossible. Furthermore, the Fokker can immediately give away the identity of Manfred von Richthofen simply by having anyone with a little knowledge of the first world war look at it.

Name:
Held der Luftfahrt.
Title:
The Flying Circus never dies!
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
A+
Type:
Anti-Army / Anti-Country.
Description:
Manfred von Richthofen creates a reality marble of an eternal battlefield that resides deep within his soul. The reality marble resembles a muddy World War I. battlefield, the sky is grey but clear. The trenches that were dug in it and the barbed wire that was once placed there are still present and off in the distance, one can hear explosions and the last screams of the soldiers whose memory was lost and life was wasted in the war.

Within this reality marble is the entirety of the Jasta 11. All the heroes that Manfred von Richthofen led to victory. All of them heroic spirits in their own right, unable to use their own Noble Phantasms due to the nature of their summoning.

They all act out the strategies they employed during their battles and are mentally linked with the Red Baron, following his every command. He can command each of them to turn to a flaming sphere and careen down onto their enemies destroying themselves in a blaze of glory, symbolizing the eventual fall of the Jasta 11. Manfred von Richthofen can also make his own plane catch fire and explode upon impact with the ground creating an eagle of flames that is much more destructive than the flames of his comrades. The explosion caused by igniting his own plane will very likely destroy Richthofen himself in the process, however, there is a small chance that he survives, if badly injured.

Making his own plane catch fire symbolizes the fall of a national hero, breaking all the morale of an entire nation, this makes this Noble Phantasm take the position of an Anti-Country Noble Phantasm.

Even in death the Jasta 11 will still follow him into battle, even in death they are still willing to follow his every command and lay down their lives again for the Red Baron, the Hero of Aviation and even in death they are and forever will be the Red Baron's flying circus.

Personality:
Manfred von Richthofen would from outsiders often be described as being cold and calculating and as a serious man without much personality, but his colleagues always said otherwise. In fact, he is very intense in combat, mocking his opponents and keeping his pride high, but he always shows honor for them, praising them occasionally. He holds his and the honor of his enemies high.
"I honored the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his beautiful grave."

Despite being very honorable he enjoys displaying his superiority and mocks his opponents mercilessly if he can. While he can occasionally fall into hot-headedness he usually keeps his wits about him and only mocks or jokes about his opponent when he knows it is absolutely safe to do so.
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intend to catch me or to bring me down."

While he may be a soldier and one who enjoys the thrill of the hunt, he does not actually enjoy war or killing someone else. He saw himself as a murderer because he killed others in war while other soldiers would often use the excuses that 'had they not killed the other their life would have been lost' or 'that they did it only for their country, not for the sake of killing itself'.
"The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime."

The Red Baron is incredibly focused, effective and efficient. No action is without reason and nothing is wasted, even if a plan fails, as long as you can escape with your life it has not been for no reason, for now, you have seen what the enemy is capable of. However, this efficiency may also be seen as laziness.
"Find the enemy and shoot him down. Anything else is nonsense."
"I never was good at learning things. I did just enough work to pass. In my opinion, it would have been wrong to do more than was just sufficient, so I worked as little as possible."

Despite all this seriousness, Manfred von Richthofen was still someone who enjoyed friendly banter and lighthearted conversations. He enjoyed teasing his comrades and of course, he enjoyed chatter over a good beer, telling stories of greatness and lofty fantasies.
"What's the hurry? Are you afraid I won't come back?"

Legend:
Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, better known as the "Red Baron" was a fighter pilot with the German Air Service and was considered the ace-of-aces during World War I with 80 confirmed allied kills to his name.

Originally a cavalryman, Richthofen transferred to the Air Service in 1915, became a member of Jagdstaffel 2 in 1916, and subsequently earned himself the Pour le Mérite in January of 1917 after his 16th confirmed air combat kill, the highest military honor in Germany at the time. That same month, he assumed command of Jagdstaffel 11 where he first painted his plane red becoming known among the Germans as Der Rote Kampfflieger (The Red Fighter Pilot). This led to the rest of his squadron also painting their planes some variation of red and eventually other Jagdstaffels adopted their own unique squadron colors.

Richthofen led his new squadron to unparalleled success, peaking during "Bloody April" 1917 where he shot down 22 British aircraft, including 4 in a single day, and by the end of the month, the British had lost 245 aircrafts compared to the 66 German losses. In June Richthofen became the commander of Jagdgeschwader 1 the newly formed larger fighter wing comprised of Jagdstaffels 4, 6, 10, and 11, which would become widely known as "The Flying Circus" due to the wing's brightly colored aircraft and mobility.

On the 21st of April 1918, at the age of 25, in the skies over Morlancourt Ridge, Richthofen was fatally struck by a single British .303 round in the right side of his torso and through his heart while saving his cousin Lt. Wolfram von Richthofen from pursuing Canadian pilot Lieutenant Wilfrid "Wop" May, and in the last seconds of his life successfully managed to land his plane in a nearby field before succumbing to his wound.

Alright, here is my servant... who just so happens to also be a Rider class... Oopsy.
True Name:
Manfred von Richthofen.

Alias:
The Red Baron.
The Red Devil.
The Red Knight.

Class:
Rider.

Alignment:
Neutral Good.

Appearance:
0*-AYfu4W9PNBhUu59.jpg

The Red Baron stands 1,80 meters / 5'10" feet tall and weighs 64 kilos / 141 pounds. He has short blonde hair, a clean-shaven face with comparably pale skin and clear blue eyes. He has a robust and fit physique and looks to be in his mid-twenties.

He wears old World War I. german uniform and hat, over these, he sometimes wears a light blueish gray trench coat with a high collar. On the trench coat is the Iron Cross, awarded to him for his bravery under fire while he was still part of the cavalry and around his neck is the Pour le Mérite, or "Blue Max" Germany's most illustrious military medal.

On his belt is his Mauser C96 pistol as well as a hunting knife and another smaller one.

Stats:
Strength:

D
Endurance:
B+
Agility:
A+
Magical Energy:
D
Luck:
A++

Class Skills:
Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Manfred von Richthofen is best known for his skills as the pilot of his aviator, warranting the high ranking of this skill.

Personal Skills:
An ability granted to those who have a great ability to continue fighting even if they are in a physically critical situation. Manfred von Richthofen fought in air combats that lasted for hours, even in bad weather or with a tired and injured body. He can fight even with a bullet-riddled body, bleeding, broken limbs, or even severe brain and mental damage for hours, or even days.

A skill given to great military strategists who know how to use their resources and conditions well to outperform their enemies. Manfred von Richthofen was a great pilot who eventually commanded an entire squadron of German fighter pilots during World War I. He was a great strategist and commander for his allied pilots, which eventually made him come up with a variety of strategies to make his team do their very best.

A skill given to those who have perfect shooting accuracy for what they do. Manfred von Richthofen had perfect precision when it came to air combat, hitting enemy pilots even under the worst weather conditions.

While outside of his aviator, this skill is treated as if it was of Rank C. Manfred von Richthofen used to be part of the cavalry and as such is a skilled marksman, however, his aiming with a gun is not as frightening as with his aviator.

Noble Phantasms:
Name:

Fokker Dreidecker 1.
Title:
"The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the man who sits in it."
A
Type:
Anti-Unit.
Description:
A simple Noble Phantasm that summons the Red Baron's iconic blood-red Fokker Dr. 1 to his side. The plane comes fully equipped, just like it was in the plane's prime and is in peak condition. Each time this Noble Phantasm is used Manfred von Richthofen simply summons a new Fokker to his side, although he seems to be unable to use this Noble Phantasm if he has already summoned a Fokker with it and that Fokker is still functioning and not badly damaged.

The greatest problem of this Noble Phantasm is that, while it can be powerful and the Fokker Dreidecker 1. was an incredible invention for its time, it is still a plane and an old one at that. It makes a lot of noise and due to its bright red coloration is easy to spot, making secretive operations near impossible. Furthermore, the Fokker can immediately give away the identity of Manfred von Richthofen simply by having anyone with a little knowledge of the first world war look at it.

Name:
Held der Luftfahrt.
Title:
"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
A+
Type:
Description:
Manfred von Richthofen creates a reality marble of an eternal battlefield that resides deep within his soul. The reality marble resembles a muddy World War I. battlefield, the sky is grey but clear. The trenches that were dug in it and the barbed wire that was once placed there are still present and off in the distance, one can hear explosions and the last screams of the soldiers whose memory was lost and life was wasted in the war.

Within this reality marble is the entirety of the Jasta 11. All the heroes that Manfred von Richthofen led to victory. All of them heroic spirits in their own right, unable to use their own Noble Phantasms due to the nature of their summoning.

They all act out the strategies they employed during their battles and are mentally linked with the Red Baron, following his every command. He can command each of them to turn to a flaming sphere and careen down onto their enemies destroying themselves in a blaze of glory, symbolizing the eventual fall of the Jasta 11. Manfred von Richthofen can also make his own plane catch fire and explode upon impact with the ground creating an eagle of flames that is much more destructive than the flames of his comrades. The explosion caused by igniting his own plane will very likely destroy Richthofen himself in the process, however, there is a small chance that he survives, if badly injured.

Making his own plane catch fire symbolizes the fall of a national hero, breaking all the morale of an entire nation, this makes this Noble Phantasm take the position of an Anti-Country Noble Phantasm.

Even in death the Jasta 11 will still follow him into battle, even in death they are still willing to follow his every command and lay down their lives again for the Red Baron, the Hero of Aviation and even in death they are and forever will be the Red Baron's flying circus.

Personality:
Manfred von Richthofen would from outsiders often be described as being cold and calculating and as a serious man without much personality, but his colleagues always said otherwise. In fact, he is very intense in combat, mocking his opponents and keeping his pride high, but he always shows honor for them, praising them occasionally. He holds his and the honor of his enemies high.

Despite being very honorable he enjoys displaying his superiority and mocks his opponents mercilessly if he can. While he can occasionally fall into hot-headedness he usually keeps his wits about him and only mocks or jokes about his opponent when he knows it is absolutely safe to do so.
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intend to catch me or to bring me down."

While he may be a soldier and one who enjoys the thrill of the hunt, he does not actually enjoy war or killing someone else. He saw himself as a murderer because he killed others in war while other soldiers would often use the excuses that 'had they not killed the other their life would have been lost' or 'that they did it only for their country, not for the sake of killing itself'.

The Red Baron is incredibly focused, effective and efficient. No action is without reason and nothing is wasted, even if a plan fails, as long as you can escape with your life it has not been for no reason, for now, you have seen what the enemy is capable of. However, this efficiency may also be seen as laziness.
"I never was good at learning things. I did just enough work to pass. In my opinion, it would have been wrong to do more than was just sufficient, so I worked as little as possible."

Despite all this seriousness, Manfred von Richthofen was still someone who enjoyed friendly banter and lighthearted conversations. He enjoyed teasing his comrades and of course, he enjoyed chatter over a good beer, telling stories of greatness and lofty fantasies.

Legend:
Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen, better known as the "Red Baron" was a fighter pilot with the German Air Service and was considered the ace-of-aces during World War I with 80 confirmed allied kills to his name.

Originally a cavalryman, Richthofen transferred to the Air Service in 1915, became a member of Jagdstaffel 2 in 1916, and subsequently earned himself the Pour le Mérite in January of 1917 after his 16th confirmed air combat kill, the highest military honor in Germany at the time. That same month, he assumed command of Jagdstaffel 11 where he first painted his plane red becoming known among the Germans as Der Rote Kampfflieger (The Red Fighter Pilot). This led to the rest of his squadron also painting their planes some variation of red and eventually other Jagdstaffels adopted their own unique squadron colors.

Richthofen led his new squadron to unparalleled success, peaking during "Bloody April" 1917 where he shot down 22 British aircraft, including 4 in a single day, and by the end of the month, the British had lost 245 aircrafts compared to the 66 German losses. In June Richthofen became the commander of Jagdgeschwader 1 the newly formed larger fighter wing comprised of Jagdstaffels 4, 6, 10, and 11, which would become widely known as "The Flying Circus" due to the wing's brightly colored aircraft and mobility.

On the 21st of April 1918, at the age of 25, in the skies over Morlancourt Ridge, Richthofen was fatally struck by a single British .303 round in the right side of his torso and through his heart while saving his cousin Lt. Wolfram von Richthofen from pursuing Canadian pilot Lieutenant Wilfrid "Wop" May, and in the last seconds of his life successfully managed to land his plane in a nearby field before succumbing to his wound.
Looks good, as I mentioned.

No snoopy but watcha gonna do

Appearance:
(Click for full image)
33wAK3q.jpg

Stats:
Strength:
A

Class Skills:
  • Magic ResistanceC
Personal Skills:
  • Divinity E
  • Eight Ugly Oni B
Noble Phantasm:
Name:
Yomi-no-nuhoko:
Spear of the Underworld
Description:

Personality:

Legend:

Looks good to me! Divinity usually goes under Class Skills, rather than Personal, but obviously that's not terribly a problem; you don't have to edit that if you don't want to. But yeah - skills and NP both look interesting without being overpowered. Just from glancing at her legend, you may want to give her a skill that increases the Magical Energy gain from food, since it's apparently really inefficient (as in, practically a waste of time) normally, but that's up to you.
I think I will do that, thanks. When I add the skill I'll also throw Divinity up into the class spot.

True Name:
Manfred von Richthofen.

Alias:
The Red Baron.
The Red Devil.
The Red Knight.

Class:
Rider.

Alignment:
Neutral Good.

Appearance:
0*-AYfu4W9PNBhUu59.jpg

Stats:
Strength:

D
Endurance:
B+
Agility:
A+
Magical Energy:
D
Luck:
A++

Class Skills:

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:
Name:

Fokker Dreidecker 1.
Title:
A
Type:
Anti-Unit.
Description:

Name:
Held der Luftfahrt.
Title:
A+
Type:
Description:

Personality:

Legend:

I absolutely love that Rider! Now I'm off to touch up my CS so it can actually stand alongside the rest here.

• True Name:
    Leonidas of Sparta

Class:
    Lancer

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral

Appearance:
    f760ed657e28ee6fb41a6cc699d536b2.jpg
  • Strength: B
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: C

Class Skills: Magic Resistance C

Personal Skills:
    Rear Guard's Pride - A:
    As a man who commanded an army of three hundred men to defend against all of Persia's forces, Leonidas can call back unto himself the drive and determination he had during the Battle of Thermopylae. The more disadvantageous his position and the more outnumbered or outclassed he is, the stronger and more powerful he becomes.

Fearless Slaughter - A
    This builds on the previous skill. Having shown great tenacity and fearlessness in life, he can do the same as a Servant. Using his sorcery with the skill borne in every Spartan, with the strength of a descendant of Hercules, when he charges fearlessly in battle, outnumbered or outclassed or both, he can slow down time in short, quick bursts to deal devastating attacks.

Battle Continuation - B+
    An ability granted to those who have a great ability to continue fighting even if they are in a physically critical situation; the Servant can continue to fight after mortal wounds and is tougher to kill. Leonidas had faced an nearly two million strong and held strong for three days, and for three days he slaughtered them, horrifying his enemy while boosting the moral of all of Greece.
  • Name: Thermopylae Enomotia

Title/Alternative Reading: Guardian of the Hot Gates

Description: Within a reality marble, Leonidas calls upon the Servants and the fallen in the Battle of the Hot Gates to stand with him once more. To defend him for the glory of Sparta. To show all others they are unequal to a Spartan army. Three hundred Spartans appear behind him, standing with locked shields between the towering Hot Gates. Each Spartan has an endurance of C-E and the more damage they endure, the stronger they become; their strength building and building until the enemy is annihilated, or they themselves are destroyed.
  • Every Spartan was born to be a warrior, crafted and built for warfare. And Leonidas was no different. With that harsh environment came a hard man. Principled and disciplined. One would not think that a man borne into warfare would have any concern over what is right and wrong, and in a way he doesn't, but he is the type of person to do what is right for those he calls his own. He can shrug off any slight against his own person, or any insult thrown at him, but the moment someone insults either a Spartan or a potential Summoner he is compelled to act.

It is surprising to many to find that Leonidas is a calm, relaxed individual and bordering on jovial. A common misconception is that he is always intense and fierce, and although he can get intense, it's only during battle or sparring that he lets that side of himself out. He learned long ago to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and the downtime that he can get, and to make the most of it. Just so that his eventual re-death or removal from the material plane will be all the more worth it.

And yet some people may see that intense nature of his as cruel and harsh. He is a man from a different time, raised only to know war and to kill. He is a warrior first and a king second; the sensibilities of others do not concern him overmuch. Which to many may seem as abrasive and uncouth. He speaks his mind and says things as he sees it, whether people agree with it or not is their own affair and none of his concern.
  • Leonidas was born in 540 BCE, third son to Anaxandridas II. At the age of seven, like all Spartan boys, he was sent to train with a group of boys to the agōgē where he was put into a sort of squad with a number of other boys and was trained in combat among other skills. They wore one garment throughout the year with the reasoning that a warrior needed to be able to handle the sweltering heat of summer and the bitter coldness of winter. And they were only given rations for food, but theft of food was unpunished and encouraged as it was seen as a useful skill for a warrior to forage and pillage for food.

As he grew older and more experienced, learning to read and write within the agōgē and even being taught poetry to hone his mind, Leonidas was chosen as eiran at the age of twelve. A leader of his squad of trainees, where the boys would have to listen to all of his commands and show him their upmost respect. His general training was eventually specialized when he chose to train as a hoplite and remained in military service throughout his twenties.

Things began to change when news of his father's death reached him. Cleomenes, Leonidas' older brother, took the throne after their father. And in lieu of learning that a nearby City-State was about to surrender to the invading Persian armies, Cleomenes devised a plot to overthrow the neighbouring city's king. The Spartans were not happy and threw him out, and when Cleomenes came back, Leonidas ordered his brother chained and imprisoned for his insanity where he killed himself.

In 490 BCE, Leonidas became King of Sparta, marrying the daughter of his half-brother, Gorgo. He ascended to throne in the midst of the Persian conflict, where they had already conquered Thessaly and Boiotia. Thirty-one Kings of Greece convened to show support in pushing back the Persian invaders, who at the numbered 1.7 million infantry units. Leonidas' plan was cause psychological damage to the Persians, knowing full well that he could never defeat their vast numbers, but the other kings were unconvinced.

Thus, he went to the Oracle of Apollo and Delphi. There she gave him an ill omen that the King of Sparta must die or the Sparta itself would be conquered. Knowing what he had to do, Leonidas gathered three hundred of his best men and marched to Thermopylae to stand guard at the Hot Gates. The first Persian assault came after a four day delay, consisting of two thousand Medes which were slaughtered by the three hundred Spartans, so much so, Xerxes stood from his throne in horror and astonishment at how easily his first advance was repelled.

At the end of the first day, after the loss of his Medes, Xerxes sent in ten thousand of his royal bodyguards: The Immortals. And they too were decimated.

By the second day, the bodies of the fallen Persians was choking the narrow pass of Thermopylae and nearly twenty thousand of their forces had been killed by the Spartans. They were quickly becoming demoralized, unable to push past the Spartan shield-wall. And all the while, Leonidas would lead his men with clever tactics, switching out the front lines with the back to preserve the freshness of his men; he would use feigned retreats and wait until the enemy had drawn in before rushing back and slaughtering them.

By the end of the second day, a traitor by the name of Ephialtes, after Xerxes had suffered endless frustration with the Spartans, told the Persian king of a way to bypass the Hot Gates and appear behind the Spartans. Under the cover of night, ten thousand Immortals went around the pass and by morning, the Spartans were caught in a pincer grip.

It was then that Leonidas told his men that they would dine that night in Hades and he led the three hundred Spartans against the Persians. More than forty thousand Persians were killed by the Three Hundred on the third day alone, and it stated that Leonidas fought like a man possessed. After his sword broke from killing innumerable Persians, he clawed and bit his enemies to death until he himself was killed. Once his body fallen, the Persians and Spartans fought over his body in a sort of tug-of-war, until the few remaining Spartans surrounded their dead king and were all eventually killed by a hail of arrows.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • True Name:
    Leonidas of Sparta

Class:
    Lancer

Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral

Appearance:
    f760ed657e28ee6fb41a6cc699d536b2.jpg
  • Strength: B
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: C

Class Skills: Magic Resistance C

Personal Skills:
    Rear Guard's Pride - A:
    As a man who commanded an army of three hundred men to defend against all of Persia's forces, Leonidas can call back unto himself the drive and determination he had during the Battle of Thermopylae. The more disadvantageous his position and the more outnumbered or outclassed he is, the stronger and more powerful he becomes.

Fearless Slaughter - A
    This builds on the previous skill. Having shown great tenacity and fearlessness in life, he can do the same as a Servant. Using his sorcery with the skill borne in every Spartan, with the strength of a descendant of Hercules, when he charges fearlessly in battle, outnumbered or outclassed or both, he can slow down time in short, quick bursts to deal devastating attacks.

Battle Continuation - B+
    An ability granted to those who have a great ability to continue fighting even if they are in a physically critical situation; the Servant can continue to fight after mortal wounds and is tougher to kill. Leonidas had faced an nearly two million strong and held strong for three days, and for three days he slaughtered them, horrifying his enemy while boosting the moral of all of Greece.
  • Name: Thermopylae Enomotia

Title/Alternative Reading: Guardian of the Hot Gates

Description: Leonidas calls upon the Servants and the fallen in the Battle of the Hot Gates to stand with him once more. To defend him for the glory of Sparta. To show all others they are unequal to a Spartan army. Three hundred Spartans appear behind him, standing with locked shields between the towering Hot Gates. Each Spartan has an endurance of C-E and the more damage they endure, the stronger they become; their strength building and building until the enemy is annihilated, or they themselves are destroyed.
  • Every Spartan was born to be a warrior, crafted and built for warfare. And Leonidas was no different. With that harsh environment came a hard man. Principled and disciplined. One would not think that a man borne into warfare would have any concern over what is right and wrong, and in a way he doesn't, but he is the type of person to do what is right for those he calls his own. He can shrug off any slight against his own person, or any insult thrown at him, but the moment someone insults either a Spartan or a potential Summoner he is compelled to act.

It is surprising to many to find that Leonidas is a calm, relaxed individual and bordering on jovial. A common misconception is that he is always intense and fierce, and although he can get intense, it's only during battle or sparring that he lets that side of himself out. He learned long ago to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and the downtime that he can get, and to make the most of it. Just so that his eventual re-death or removal from the material plane will be all the more worth it.

And yet some people may see that intense nature of his as cruel and harsh. He is a man from a different time, raised only to know war and to kill. He is a warrior first and a king second; the sensibilities of others do not concern him overmuch. Which to many may seem as abrasive and uncouth. He speaks his mind and says things as he sees it, whether people agree with it or not is their own affair and none of his concern.
  • Leonidas was born in 540 BCE, third son to Anaxandridas II. At the age of seven, like all Spartan boys, he was sent to train with a group of boys to the agōgē where he was put into a sort of squad with a number of other boys and was trained in combat among other skills. They wore one garment throughout the year with the reasoning that a warrior needed to be able to handle the sweltering heat of summer and the bitter coldness of winter. And they were only given rations for food, but theft of food was unpunished and encouraged as it was seen as a useful skill for a warrior to forage and pillage for food.

As he grew older and more experienced, learning to read and write within the agōgē and even being taught poetry to hone his mind, Leonidas was chosen as eiran at the age of twelve. A leader of his squad of trainees, where the boys would have to listen to all of his commands and show him their upmost respect. His general training was eventually specialized when he chose to train as a hoplite and remained in military service throughout his twenties.

Things began to change when news of his father's death reached him. Cleomenes, Leonidas' older brother, took the throne after their father. And in lieu of learning that a nearby City-State was about to surrender to the invading Persian armies, Cleomenes devised a plot to overthrow the neighbouring city's king. The Spartans were not happy and threw him out, and when Cleomenes came back, Leonidas ordered his brother chained and imprisoned for his insanity where he killed himself.

In 490 BCE, Leonidas became King of Sparta, marrying the daughter of his half-brother, Gorgo. He ascended to throne in the midst of the Persian conflict, where they had already conquered Thessaly and Boiotia. Thirty-one Kings of Greece convened to show support in pushing back the Persian invaders, who at the numbered 1.7 million infantry units. Leonidas' plan was cause psychological damage to the Persians, knowing full well that he could never defeat their vast numbers, but the other kings were unconvinced.

Thus, he went to the Oracle of Apollo and Delphi. There she gave him an ill omen that the King of Sparta must die or the Sparta itself would be conquered. Knowing what he had to do, Leonidas gathered three hundred of his best men and marched to Thermopylae to stand guard at the Hot Gates. The first Persian assault came after a four day delay, consisting of two thousand Medes which were slaughtered by the three hundred Spartans, so much so, Xerxes stood from his throne in horror and astonishment at how easily his first advance was repelled.

At the end of the first day, after the loss of his Medes, Xerxes sent in ten thousand of his royal bodyguards: The Immortals. And they too were decimated.

By the second day, the bodies of the fallen Persians was choking the narrow pass of Thermopylae and nearly twenty thousand of their forces had been killed by the Spartans. They were quickly becoming demoralized, unable to push past the Spartan shield-wall. And all the while, Leonidas would lead his men with clever tactics, switching out the front lines with the back to preserve the freshness of his men; he would use feigned retreats and wait until the enemy had drawn in before rushing back and slaughtering them.

By the end of the second day, a traitor by the name of Ephialtes, after Xerxes had suffered endless frustration with the Spartans, told the Persian king of a way to bypass the Hot Gates and appear behind the Spartans. Under the cover of night, ten thousand Immortals went around the pass and by morning, the Spartans were caught in a pincer grip.

It was then that Leonidas told his men that they would dine that night in Hades and he led the three hundred Spartans against the Persians. More than forty thousand Persians were killed by the Three Hundred on the third day alone, and it stated that Leonidas fought like a man possessed. After his sword broke from killing innumerable Persians, he clawed and bit his enemies to death until he himself was killed. Once his body fallen, the Persians and Spartans fought over his body in a sort of tug-of-war, until the few remaining Spartans surrounded their dead king and were all eventually killed by a hail of arrows.
I like it. Just one thing - the NP. As it stands, being able to conjure up a bunch of folks is a bit overpowered. It either needs to be within a Reality Marble, so it's limited to those who are pulled in and has a high Magical Energy drain, or changed in some other way. Other than that, though, he's pretty good.

I had it in mind that it was within a reality marble, I think I may have forgotten to specify that. I'll make the necessary changes.

I had it in mind that it was within a reality marble, I think I may have forgotten to specify that. I'll make the necessary changes.
Alright, looks good!

Got here from the S&S Discord. Sheet's under the spoiler.
True Name: Prince Shotoku

Class: Saber

Appearance:
__toyosatomimi_no_miko_touhou_drawn_by_yuli_yulipo__232ba1d6b20e82358bbc821ac501d866.jpg

Stats
Strength: D
Endurance: C
Agility: C
Magical Energy: B
Luck: A

Class Skills:
Riding A+: At a high rank due to Kurokoma, a black pegasus who served as his personal mount.
Magic Resistance C
Personal Skills:
Charisma B: The regent who changed the very name of his nation and is still respected by the people over a century after his death.
Rapid Sutra Chanting D: He is commonly attributed with the writing of the Sangyō Gisho, an annotated commentary of three important Buddhist sutras.
Ceremonial Reformation C: He is said to have written one of the earliest known constitutions, established a merit-based court system, and centralized the government of the entire nation.

Noble Phantasms:
Name: Shichiseiken
Title/Alternative Reading: Seven Stars Sword
Description: A blade with golden inlay depicting the Ursa Major constellation. It's ability is nothing very flashy, contrasting it's owner. The Seven Stars Sword can shoot weak golden beams from it's blade, and upon releasing it's True Name, summon many copies of itself for use as projectiles, which can all shoot their own beams. It still has merit as a melee weapon, however, with the ability to use it's golden energy to enhance the blade itself.

Name: Ten Voices
Title/Alternative Reading: Two Ears Can Hear Ten Men
Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
Description: Prince Shotoku's famed ability to understand ten men at once, sublimed into a Noble Phantasm. However, instead of simply letting him hear ten people speak, he can hear every noise within five hundred meters as if he was right next to their origins. However, this Noble Phantasm does have a significant downside: Shotoku cannot turn it off. Thankfully, he can counter this rather easily by simply taking away his ability to hear clearly (although that simply gives him normal human hearing). Even a cheap pair of earmuffs or headphones can achieve this effect.

Personality: Shotoku is a character, to put it lightly. He's quite boastful, can be rather arrogant at times, and is quite the show-off. Yet, he is also quite generous and is a skilled ruler, able to navigate the pitfalls of court life with ease. He is also a very pious man, both towards Buddha and the Shinto gods. He will spend copious amounts of money on expensive clothing, yet will gladly give said clothes away to a beggar in need.

Legend: Prince Shotoku is a famous Japanese figure of the Asuka period (538-710 or 592-645, depending on who you ask), most notable for his government reforms, the introduction of Buddhism to Japan, and giving Japan (then known as Wa) it's proper name of "the land of the rising sun". It is said that he showed generosity to the great Buddhist monk Bodhidharma, and was seen as a wise man for it. His face has featured on many Yen bills in modern times. It is said that he rode a black winged horse, and could listen to ten men speak at once and understand all of them (believed now to be a metaphor for his administrative skills). He's also notable for making an appearance in Touhou as Toyosatomimi-no-Miko, who is basically a Fate character (he's even genderswapped!), who totally didn't provide a large amount of inspiration for this write-up, totally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got here from the S&S Discord. Sheet's under the spoiler.
True Name: Prince Shotoku

Class: Saber

Appearance:
__toyosatomimi_no_miko_touhou_drawn_by_yuli_yulipo__232ba1d6b20e82358bbc821ac501d866.jpg

Stats
Strength: D
Endurance: C
Agility: C
Magical Energy: B
Luck: A

Class Skills:
Riding A+
Magic Resistance C
Personal Skills:
Charisma B: The regent who changed the very name of his nation and is still respected by the people over a century after his death.
Rapid Sutra Chanting D: He is commonly attributed with the writing of the Sangyō Gisho, an annotated commentary of three important Buddhist sutras.
Ceremonial Reformation C: He is said to have written one of the earliest known constitutions, established a merit-based court system, and centralized the government of the entire nation.

Noble Phantasms:
Name: Shichiseiken
Title/Alternative Reading: Seven Stars Sword
Description: A blade with golden inlay depicting the Ursa Major constellation. It's ability is nothing very flashy, contrasting it's owner. The Seven Stars Sword can shoot golden beams from it's blade, and summon copies of itself for use as projectiles. It still has merit as a melee weapon, with the ability to use it's golden energy to enhance the blade itself.

Name: Ten Voices
Title/Alternative Reading: Two Ears Can Hear Ten Men
Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
Description: Prince Shotoku's famed ability to understand ten men at once, sublimed into a Noble Phantasm. However, instead of simply letting him hear ten people speak, he can listen to their very thoughts. This does not work on Servants with rank B or higher Magic Resistance, sadly. This does not mean that he cannot read the thoughts of their Master, of course. However, this Noble Phantasm does have a significant downside: Shotoku cannot turn it off. Thankfully, he can counter this rather easily by simply taking away his ability to hear clearly. Even a cheap pair of earmuffs or headphones can achieve this effect.

Personality: Shotoku is a character, to put it lightly. He's quite boastful, can be rather arrogant at times, and is quite the show-off. Yet, he is also quite generous and is a skilled ruler, able to navigate the pitfalls of court life with ease. He is also a very pious man, both towards Buddha and the Shinto gods. He will spend copious amounts of money on expensive clothing, yet will gladly give said clothes away to a beggar in need.

Legend: Prince Shotoku is a famous Japanese figure of the Asuka period (538-710 or 592-645, depending on who you ask), most notable for his government reforms, the introduction of Buddhism to Japan, and giving Japan (then known as Wa) it's proper name of "the land of the rising sun". It is said that he showed generosity to the great Buddhist monk Bodhidharma, and was seen as a wise man for it. His face has featured on many Yen bills in modern times. It is said that he rode a black winged horse, and could listen to ten men speak at once and understand all of them (believed now to be a metaphor for his administrative skills). He's also notable for making an appearance in Touhou as Toyosatomimi-no-Miko, who is basically a Fate character (he's even genderswapped!), who totally didn't provide a large amount of inspiration for this write-up, totally.

Love the servant idea!