1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
showing appreciation

Hello fellow Iwakian! Welcome back to another year of Showing Appreciation!

As I'm sure most know, Valentine's Day is a day for love. Most of the time, it is depicted as a celebration of romantic love specifically, but romantic love is not the only type of love that exists. There's familial love, platonic love, self-love, and the list goes on. So, in the spirit of these other kinds of love, I thought we might all take a moment to send some appreciation to those we love on this site!

Why not tag some of your friends and write some lovely messages for them down below? Remember to use the '@' symbol before their usernames so that they can see it!

Additionally, check out these other Valentine's Day-related threads:
Iwaku Love Contest
The Bone(r) Challenge

You will receive a Spirit of Valentine's trophy when you participate in at least 3 events, contests, general chat topics, and then post HERE to request your trophy! In addition, this month, we have re-introduced the Valentine's react, and if you give and receive 100 of them, you'll get a new level of trophy this year!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: GrimReaper
TIME TO GET SAPPY c:<

@MaryGold: If it weren't obvious, I love youuu, and I'm glad you're my friend bitch 😤🤚 happy to annoy you for the rest of our lives, bestie. Proud of ya for winning a realm and how far you've developed the world of The Circle. Hope this school year goes easier on you!
@honeydew: you are the sweetest human being ever bb! Love ya, and I'm glad that you stick around with us all despite all the chaos that is your life lately.
@wisteria: Super glad I kidnapped you to Iwaku and that you've been enjoying yourself. Your writing is great as always. Especially glad that we get to actually hang out irl semi-regularly! Congrats on being an intern!
@Justin: Glad to have you back my guy!! Your energy is unmatched, and you always make everything fun.
@MrCalcium: I hope your recent bout of inspiration continues and that you run into less sickness this year!
@Ghostie: Appreciate you basically being my second-in-command in spamming our chat with cursed NSFW content when you aren't busy being a wholeass mom, holy moly. Congrats on your newest child!
@starshroom: Super cool having you back!! I hope you've been enjoying yourself so far.
@LashL: I am thrilled that I was able to (semi-)kidnap you from BD. You have become one of my favorite roleplay partners and I have so much fun with our two dumbasses.
@PavellumPendulum: AAHHH I'm glad that I reached out to you about starting a new 1x1 together after the previous flop 'cause I've been having a ton of fun with our newest roleplays (and their subsequent memes). Also, you're so good at having a voice.
@Dusk: You are great my guy, and I appreciate your enthusiasm for my and Mary's roleplays (even if you end up overwhelming yourself and have to pull out lol). Thanks for being Waffleville's #1 hypeman. Your characters are lovely, and so is your art! Excited to eventually start our 1x1.
@latitha: Your energy in both Heartache Hotel and The Circle has been great to have, and I hope you'll be sticking around for a while!
@Nemopedia: UR COOL and I'm still honored you asked me take over your baby The Divtionary. I'm super interested to see where our 1x1 ends up going, I feel like it'll be a big ol hot mess. I'm also very excited for eventual Andrew and Lennox bringing out the absolute worst in each other.
@Kuno: Thank you for being an excellent lead and letting me annoy you with my "being an overachiever" while still having faith in me not to fuck things up 😎 excited for the legendary one-sided battle between Melanie and Maven and hope we get to be in more roleplays together in the future (hopefully with more character connections too lol)
@Sorrelfur: Shout out to you for being a very positive presence in the staff chat, and I love watching you come up with your newest ways to harass Diana with affection. I can't believe we have never roleplayed together and we definitely should fix that at some point. Also, you like Sims so bonus points.
@Diana: THANKS TO OWL MOM OF COURSE. I appreciate your chill vibes and how we usually think pretty similarly on how certain things should be done so I don't need to advocate for my suggestions too hard, lol. ALSO GLAD YOU'RE A FELLOW SIMS NERD.
Shout out to @Rabbit, @PrideAscending, @handsybandit, and all of my other roleplay partners current, past, and future for all their patience in waiting for replies from me.

Also, shout out to those who submitted for Iwaku Horror Contest and who are submitting for Iwaku Love Contest! It can be terrifying to put your writing out there to be judged, so major props to you! I've loved reading all the submissions and hope both contests stick around for a while in one form or another.

• Love
>:3c
IT IS TIME.

Lemme start this off with:
@TerraBooma: hello, rolemate :D you are one of the best friends and partners I've ever had on this site. your enthusiasm never fails to get me pumped for all of our shenanigans and our roleplays are some of the best i've ever had. i love that you're willing to meet all of my 3485748957289 characters. this june will mark our 3rd rp anniversary!!! hope there are many many more <3 (and more days to watch mob psycho together. and fill out character memes. and play dragon age. and everything else we have planned. WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT)

@Niightmare: we still haven't rped together, but thank you for being my friend <3 you are always so kind and thoughtful and i love to read everything you have to show me. fucking around in video games or watching cool stuff together with you is the best. im sending u much love and kissing your face through the screen rn <3

@wren. : I'm glad to have infiltrated your friend group >:3c y'all are super fun and caring and harassing you guys with awful memes is one of my favourite hobbies. I've been busy as hell but you are so so cool and I'm STILL enamoured by your characters and writing... And all the work you do for Iwaku!!!! much love, friend, and hopefully our gays will get many many more years to kiss passionately <3 (well Micah plans on doing a lot more than kissing but u get it)

@MaryGold: I love your characters and your writing and you !!! things have slowed down because you're a busy bee and that's alright bc ur doing biiiig things. super excited to see where our disaster gays end up <333 i promise i will attempt to one day join the circle when things aren't so crazy for me 🥴

@Nemopedia: i'm enjoying all of our threads in regency and excited to write more with you in celosia as well <3 edith and ezeran dream team friendship is not one that i expected, but i'm so hyped about it. thanks for all your hard work on iwaku and fighting the good fight >:3c

@Waking Nights: it's been busy hrs for us but that doesn't stop us from scheming >:3c thanks for hanging on and hanging out, can't wait to watch jason become a father of 20 and suffer thru all my shenanigans.

@Dusk: you are so sweet !! we don't get to write together super often, but i'm glad you try it out with me once in a while. thanks for being a friend and i hope u know ur swell. if u do not want a hug from me, please settle on this crisp high five i am offering.

To all my roleplay partners, thank you thank you thank you for writing with me and creating some awesome stories :D y'all are the best and keep my days bright n' bouncy. (and also thank you for dealing with my 390842908403490 characters and my insistence on being silly goofy):
@Flame @Peregrine @Iniquity @OniiBitez @garalinapunk @Diana

Various people that I think are cool and deserve a shoutout for their presence on Iwaku, being interesting and being eligible for a free big warm hug from me:
@Miyu @MiharuAya @Sorrelfur @rissa @Kuno

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
>:3c
IT IS TIME.

Lemme start this off with:
@TerraBooma: hello, rolemate :D you are one of the best friends and partners I've ever had on this site. your enthusiasm never fails to get me pumped for all of our shenanigans and our roleplays are some of the best i've ever had. i love that you're willing to meet all of my 3485748957289 characters. this june will mark our 3rd rp anniversary!!! hope there are many many more <3 (and more days to watch mob psycho together. and fill out character memes. and play dragon age. and everything else we have planned. WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT)

@Niightmare: we still haven't rped together, but thank you for being my friend <3 you are always so kind and thoughtful and i love to read everything you have to show me. fucking around in video games or watching cool stuff together with you is the best. im sending u much love and kissing your face through the screen rn <3

@wren. : I'm glad to have infiltrated your friend group >:3c y'all are super fun and caring and harassing you guys with awful memes is one of my favourite hobbies. I've been busy as hell but you are so so cool and I'm STILL enamoured by your characters and writing... And all the work you do for Iwaku!!!! much love, friend, and hopefully our gays will get many many more years to kiss passionately <3 (well Micah plans on doing a lot more than kissing but u get it)

@MaryGold: I love your characters and your writing and you !!! things have slowed down because you're a busy bee and that's alright bc ur doing biiiig things. super excited to see where our disaster gays end up <333 i promise i will attempt to one day join the circle when things aren't so crazy for me 🥴

@Nemopedia: i'm enjoying all of our threads in regency and excited to write more with you in celosia as well <3 edith and ezeran dream team friendship is not one that i expected, but i'm so hyped about it. thanks for all your hard work on iwaku and fighting the good fight >:3c

@Waking Nights: it's been busy hrs for us but that doesn't stop us from scheming >:3c thanks for hanging on and hanging out, can't wait to watch jason become a father of 20 and suffer thru all my shenanigans.

@Dusk: you are so sweet !! we don't get to write together super often, but i'm glad you try it out with me once in a while. thanks for being a friend and i hope u know ur swell. if u do not want a hug from me, please settle on this crisp high five i am offering.

To all my roleplay partners, thank you thank you thank you for writing with me and creating some awesome stories :D y'all are the best and keep my days bright n' bouncy. (and also thank you for dealing with my 390842908403490 characters and my insistence on being silly goofy):
@Flame @Peregrine @Iniquity @OniiBitez @garalinapunk @Diana

Various people that I think are cool and deserve a shoutout for their presence on Iwaku, being interesting and being eligible for a free big warm hug from me:
@Miyu @MiharuAya @Sorrelfur @rissa @Kuno

one of these days ima snag u for a 1x1 that i can actually start 😤✨

I'm not super social but I have made quite a couple of friends and gotten closer to others since the last appreciation thread. This is going to be a little long:

@wren. You just had to change your name, didn't you? I had beautiful start but it was ruined because I started with the Jenamos tag smh. Anyway, best friend privileges mean I start with you. I'm really, really glad I met you even if I was wary of you at first. Thank you for being an annoying, supportive, and loving friend. And being my co-gm to a realm so I have someone to boss around directly. I love youuu!
@Justin It's so strange to think we've known one another for approximately 6 years! I grew up with you! You always brighten my day and make me laugh when I'm having a hard time or just in general. I love you so much and all the crazy schemes and plots you brew and even more so when you let me brew them with you
@honeydew You're one the most loveliest roleplayers I have met and an even lovelier friend! I'm trying to think of more to say without getting too mushy, but you really are a peach. And I'm waiting for the day I can give you a hug in person because you are really mother hen while also being the coolest friend. Also stop torturing your characters. You can't make them loveable and then hurt them in front of us
@wisteria I wish and pray for the day I meet you in person too, and for you to do a 1x1 with me. I am so glad we were introduced as we have so much in common and you've introduced me to soo many new things I know enjoy. Talking with you is always a highlight of my day and I'm happy to have a single roleplay with you and call you my friend
@MrCalcium Everytime you come back I'm sure the RP is going to blow up with all your big ideas. You're a creative person and love it, and a great friend. At times when I felt bad you assured me and made me feel better with few words! Sending all my love!
@Ghostie Ice known you almost as long as I've known Justin and you still remain to be the brightest and warmest person! And the so much fun to RP with. And I've known you you since the birth of both your children. We're connected for life, I'm afraid.
@Dusk MY VALENTINES!!! One of the greatest things that happened last year was getting to know you and getting to be your friend and now soon your roleplay partner. I always enjoying talking to you and your mischievy. I can't imagine you not being my friend anymore, so you're stuck with me now, fren. Next time, you'll be getting cards from me with my crappy cursive writing.
@PavllumPendulum I may be a busy bee, but I should take notes from you since you do so much more. But I am so happy to call you a friend! You're one of the sweetest people alive, and the bestest voice. And if I have anything to do with those disaster gays, they'll end up nowhere good 😊 kisses
@Nemopedia The wise, the chaotic. Mistress of Chaos, maybe? Need a catcher title that warns those of what they're getting into with you. Which is trouble. You're super nice and cool and supportive but most of all trouble. Both in roleplay and in friendship. I love your whole package.
@Kuno so listen here, I finally found a picture for PoP character. That said, you are hilarious and I'm always excited to get in any RP and conversation with you. I always know it's sure to be a good time. Especially when Nemo is right around the corner to bother you. Our frat regency boys are about to cause trouble ~
@firejay1 you coming back to Iwaku is one of the greatest gifts of last year. Even if it meant going to Horny jail twice. I'm excited to see where our fallen angels end up ~ one of my fave roleplays and it's with one the coolest people

@latitha @DayDreamer @rissa I haven't gotten to get as close to you guys and fully know you yet, but I really want to! Interacting with you guys in Regency and Circle and PoP has been great and want to continue it!

@Astaroth @Dusk @Manna Beast
Roleplay Department assemble! Shout out to the coolest team on Iwaku. Jk shout to ALL MODS BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you for your hard work and keeping the site afloat. And @Diana for being a single admin and still thriving. I love your madness and dedication

Oh boy here we go to get a lil sappy

@wolf_ first because I love you soso much. You're my platonic soulmates, my best friend and I am truly grateful we were able to reconnect and talk again. I love talking about the most random shit with you, I love plotting and rping with you, I have literally hyperfixated on our four babes so much recently, it's great. I literally love you so much and I hope one day we're able to meet because I would give anything to give you a big ol hug (and take a nap with you because that's what we do best).

@DireRaven though we haven't talked too much recently, we have literally been rping together for so incredibly long. Probably close to eight or so years? I don't even know, time is just a weird concept and is literally the fastest shit. I do wanna say thank you so much for putting up with me and rping with me for so long though!

@Rendons2 HI DEAR APOLOGIZE TO TAG YOU BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME LOVE TOO !!! I promise I will one day get a reply for our rp out, I swear! BUT thank you so much for being incredibly patient with me and talking to me and just- being a good friend. You are absolutely lovely to goof around with and fr you make some bombass lookin' food

I'm not super close to really anyone else on the site, but I do want to give a lil shout-out to all the people I have tried to rp with in the past.
You are wonderful and I do appreciate you for being understanding about me randomly proofing for weeks at a time or even months. You are all amazing!

• Sympathy & Compassion
Don't know many people here because I'm such an introvert. But here goes nothing.

@Diana: Thank you so much for being you, owl mother! You are such an awesome person and thank you for considering me as part of the wonderful staff here. ^_^

@Kuno: Such an amazing Lead! You're so great at your job and don't you ever think otherwise. <3

Time to tag more awesome people but I love every single person here on Iwaku!

@MaryGold @wren. @Sorrelfur @hypnos. <3