Which do you like better?

• Bath

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Shower

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Fire hose

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
Shower... most of the time. Nice and efficient. I just wish my hot water heater would give me more than 5 minutes of hot water.

I treat myself to a nice, warm bath every now and again. Complete with Candles and a Cosmo magazine. :3 Half the time, though.. I finish that bath with a nice shower. xD

I'd rather not sit in my own filth for long periods of time. Shower please.

I know people who take baths for hygiene purposes, including my mother and one of my sisters. When I asked them about the sitting around in their grime thing, they said that the way they do it is to use a tub full of water for cleaning, then drain it, then fill it up with clean water again for laying there relaxing. Apparently they think that just draining the water takes every last bit of soap and dirt away, despite my explanations of how it just doesn't work that way.

I find it just as bewildering as you do, and I've lived with these people for all my life.
Bewildering indeed...

Now I'm interested in running laboratory tests on how clean baths vs. showers make you. A couple swabs is all that's needed, really, it should be relatively easy...

Dang... This is a hard decision... Showers cost less money down the drain but baths are so relaxing to just sit down in... ><

Ahhh... I don't know what to choose!! They're both so convenient to me!! Dx

*reaches out and clicks-*

*-on the imaginary 'both' button*

The 'bathing in grime' thing can be worked around, you know. I usually wash with soap and water out of the tub first, and shampoo my hair before washing those all away. There, clean. Then I put my bath bubbles and essential oils in the tub and just get in. I don't stay for more than an hour though, skin will get pruny.

If you're saying it's wasteful of water, maybe you should try limiting how much you use for the washing part before bathing?

Do people really take baths to clean themselves? From what I've gathered it seems like it's at least pretty common (all these people saying they don't like baths because it feels yucky to bathe in their daily grime), but where I'm from it's just not a thing at all. Am I experiencing the most peculiar culture shock of all time, or what?
I take a bath, soak in my relaxing soap and grime awhile, and then turn the shows head on to rinse before getting out. BAM.

Shower, then go sit around in the bath to relax.

I think it depends largely on what kind of bathroom I'm going to wash in. Many Western bathrooms have the shower and bathtub together. A typical Japanese "bathroom", for example, does not have the toilet in the same room and there is a wash space where the shower is and then the bathtub is off on the side. With that in mind, if it's Western bathroom, I'd prefer the shower and if it's a Japanese-style bathroom, then a bath.

Shower, but sitting down. Who laid down the water laws, that say how you can wash, and why, and how much?