Show Online Status?

Do you show your online status via the toggle-option on your privacy page?

• I show my online status & which page I'm viewing.

• I show my online status, but not which page I'm viewing.

• I don't show my online status.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovo

Ferret Dad
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Afternoons and evenings, some weekends.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Science Fiction, Post Apocalypse, Horror, Romance, Survival...
yJNoxBM.jpg

Do you show your online status, or not? Why or why not?

If you do show your online status, do you also show which pages you're viewing at any given time?

Last edited:
I show my online status but not what I'm reading. I like some sort of privacy ^_^

>.>
<.<

Plus I'd rather not be seen as a creepy stalker.

I don't remember what I set mine to. I don't really care what people see me viewing. I leave the webpage open on my laptop all day, so even when I'm "online" I'm not really online.

Plus I have a schedule of when I reply to RP's and messages about RP's. So even if I am online, I won't respond to someones RP until the usual time. Evening and night is when I respond to RP. Daytime is for Chat RP, Gen chat, Cbox, and just talking.

Very rarely am I in the mood to respond to things during the day. I don't care if people see what I am viewing though.

Complete privacy for me. Not that anyone would care what I'm doing, but it feels more secure.

I flip back and froth from showing when I'm actually online to when I'm not. It honestly depends on how social I'm feeling that day. Though I believe I have my settings set so people can't see what I'm viewing.

Reactions: Greenie
I show when I'm online and what I'm viewing.

Why? I just don't really care about privacy.

well now it's off I guess
it wasn't a setting I ever messed with until now

I have it off. It makes me feel secure. I've had the unfortunate experience of being hounded on a different roleplay site.

I always hide on invisible. o___o People bother mess less when they're not 100% sure if I'm still there. 8D

Say the mods can see where members go right? I remember when I was a mod elsewhere on a vBulletin forum that I could.

Mines set to both (I'm pretty sure) I like it for convenience purposes. It's so I can tell if someone's replying/going to bed/doing other things. That way I'm not just waiting an hour for nothing when I could be sleeping/whatever.

I used to show when I'm online, but never what page I'm viewing. Now I don't because I pop in when I want to and members can just tell when I'm there by that. ^^;

I used to keep myself completely invisible on other sites so that no one knew how much of a life I don't have. >.> Now I don't care as much. ^_^

I show mine, most of the time. Usually if I go invisible it's because I'm in a mood and I don't feel like dealing with anyone.

Say the mods can see where members go right? I remember when I was a mod elsewhere on a vBulletin forum that I could.
Only some mods can.

I show that I'm online all the time, but not what I'm doing. It's just kind of awkward, I used to show what I was doing and it was just too much stalker bait > >

• Thank You
I show I'm online but not what I'm viewing. Seems to be better that way. *nods*

I forgot there was even an option to choose not to show what you're currently viewing. Apparently mine is set to show online but not current activity, which is what I would have set it to upon checking the settings if it had not already been done by past Jorick. GJ past Jorick.

I used to go fully invisible, but now I show online status so people with questions and whatnot can see I'm online if they need help. I hide the current activity because nobody needs to see who I'm currently stalking, whether it be for my own amusement or for security purposes.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.