Show me things you've made!

C

Celest

Original poster
I've been really getting into making things lately. I find that DIY and crafting is fun. I thought it would be real neato to share my creations with you guys and you share your creations with me! :D

BidgETTl.jpg

bFvffhJl.jpg

(excuse the selfie. I made the necklace I had on, and it was the only picture I had of it)
2PMkk3Bl.jpg

DUU6jvWl.jpg

zzYVl2Dl.jpg

K4GAD5nl.jpg

YMb7QDwl.jpg

j85hIj5l.jpg

anDYf2ll.jpg

SHOW ME YOUR CREATIONS! >:D

*sees the thread title and immediately thinks to link pictures of my katamari*

*sees OP's pics*

...Never mind. I don't think my glued-together-ball-of-junk can really compete with any of that. O_O

*sees the thread title and immediately thinks to link pictures of my katamari*

*sees OP's pics*

...Never mind. I don't think my glued-together-ball-of-junk can really compete with any of that. O_O

D: noooo show me! Show me the thing!

It is! But I didn't know what a katamari was. it reminds of the ball of Mythicality thing from GMM.

Haha, yeah. It's from a video game where you roll a ball around to collect objects and then the ball gets bigger and then you can pick up bigger objects. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Celest
do....do doll faces count?

I found this while searching through my files. It's pretty old.... several, several years old. One of my first pathetic drawing attemps more than likely. I prefer pixel art nowadays, and I would usually be embarassed of something so old, but even so...

Isn't he just adorable?! <3

W6wAO7M.png

Just look at that attitude and that fur-line o(>ω<)o

• Love
Reactions: Celest
Well here's the first three. The first one still needs a wig to be made. I need to order white hair.
20170721_225610.jpg
This one my mom took
20170705_174904.jpg
And this one I recently did.
20170721_225627.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Celest
Uggggh crafty stuff. It's my life. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell wedding flowers and homemade jewelry. Also live for party decorations...

These are some favs from my shop.
15006936741001655315677.png 15006937084492138781610.png 15006937605651481951147.png 15006937902451895949423.png 150069381659880474458.png 15006938450341387122930.png 1500693870068890301508.png

I've got nothing I made myself, I just wanted to let you all know that those are pretty neat. And bizarre. And fun, in the case of the JUNK BALL.

A+ good job you budding craftsmen(women?).

20170725_195050.jpg

I need to either buy a Draculara on sale or go to Matell's site and order her some arms. She's from the Shriekwrecked line and had friggin awful arms that were supposed to be gloves and they just didn't look good.

I'm pretty late to the party but:
1451967708.bornes_lori.jpg

1357082785.bornes_start2finishfinal.jpg
Had this self-published. I wrote it, but also designed the cover and everything.
1365123757.bornes_book.jpg
Probably one of the first things I "made"... That I can remember anyway.
1327203952.bornes_standing_werewolf_model_by_quatrebornes.jpg

I made this in 2008.
I bought a werewolf costume on clearance for $30, even though I knew I couldn't wear it. Long story short, I made it into a decoration using PVC Pipe, wire mesh, and chicken wire. It scared many little kids on halloween.

I have never made anything like this before ever, but I liked doing it so I have a lot of mistakes I can avoid for next time lol.

And the most recent worth sharing:

TetraM, the real-life version of FF9's Tetra Master that I decided to make because I HAD A NEED.
Tetram: IRL Tetra Master Card Game by Bornes
1470732198.bornes_dsc01748.jpg

If you can't view furaffinity page for some reason, all info copied below:
[spoili]Have you ever played FF9? It contains a trading card game called Tetra Master. I became addicted to it. One day I found a PC standalone version but could not get multiplayer to work. In my frustration I decided to create a real life version of Tetra Master. Coincidentally, I also found out a real life version already exists, but is out of print.

I thought Tetra Master was always a little too complicated (and looking over how the actual rl version worked just re-enforced my beliefs) so I simplified the game quite a bit and decided to just call it something different. Tetram.

I created my own 4x4 grid and printed it on a playmat via inkedgaming.com
I formatted the cards individually by myself and printed them on makeplayingcards.com
(background character art not drawn by me, but card backs, arrows, text is)
I ordered custom dice from thediceshoponline.com

I ended up just using past artwork commissions as background art, turning Tetram into a mostly "Lots of cards of Q but also here's some other characters randomly" game (I have 300+ arts of my OC Q. My other OCs don't get near as much love).

The game works generally the same as Tetra Master, except for the following:
- There are "ownership tokens" (which are actually blank d4s) you lay down on a card that belongs to you. Cards don't actually flip when they change ownership-- just color of ownership token changes.
- Instead of the complicated power types/etc., battles are simplified to a dice roll.
- There are three types of cards, denoted by which type of die you roll for that card's battle: d6, d10, d20.
- A dice roll at the beginning of the game denotes how many "blocks" you set up on the playing area
- Since I had no desire to create a CCG, the players just draw 5 cards and you get what you get for your hand, instead of building your own deck.

If you don't know anything about Tetra Master, here you go.

If you want to make your own Tetram game, here's the contents of mine. I've play tested it and it seems pretty evenly balanced so far.

1x deck of 108 Tetram cards
1x play mat (4x4 grid)
10x red ownership tokens (blank d6s)
10x black ownership tokens (blank d6s)
2x yellow d6
2x yellow d10 (numbered 1 - 10)
2x yellow d20

The 108 card deck is comprised of the following:
1x quick reference card
4x spacers (aka blocks)
2x d20 cards with 4 arrows
2x d10 cards with 8 arrows
3x blank cards (cards without arrows)
5x d6 cards with 1 arrow
5x d6 cards with 7 arrows
5x d6 cards with 6 arrows
5x d6 cards with 5 arrows
5x d10 cards with 4 arrows
6x d6 cards with 8 arrows
10x d10 cards with 1 arrow
10x d10 cards with 2 arrows
25x d6 cards with 3 arrows
20x d6 cards with 4 arrows
A Note
There should be 5x d6 cards with 8 arrows and 4x blank cards. However, due to a printing error, one of the d6 8 arrow cards was duplicated. It hasn't seemed to negatively affect gameplay so far.

Directions for Tetram... I definitely spent a few hours writing some easy to understand game directions. I heavily referenced this, this, and of course actually played Tetra Master in FF9 to create my directions.
You can download a PDF to READ the directions here: http://khat.us/Storage/Tetram/Tetra.....Directions.pdf
You can download a PDF to PRINT the directions here: http://khat.us/Storage/Tetram/Tetra.....s_FORPRINT.pdf
(I did all the work of figuring out how to print it for you. Print pages 1-2 UNCOLLATED, reload those pages in the printer, print pages 3-4 UNCOLLATED. Then just fold in half, bam, nice booklet going on. Use thicker paper for better results.)

As far as card templates go, I worked with the one given on makeplayingcards.com. I created my own template based on that template, with arrows, borders, card type text. Then I went through every card individually and added the art and figured out which arrows to use.
I don't have a template to share for that, since I flattened all the end results to save space. I could make 108 cards with all the arrow placements I used and a big transparent area for the bg art, but honestly that seems like a lot of work if you don't pay me lol.

Anyway, the arrows are mostly random. I just decided what die roll they'd get and the number of arrows on each card. Then as I was making the cards I went through all the past cards and tried to make sure I didn't reuse any arrow placements. It was really time-consuming. But it seems like it has worked pretty well so far.
Though admittedly I've only played this with 3 people (multiple games). It seemed very even. Maybe a little more random and luck-oriented than strategic. I'm not a mathematician though and I created this game within the span of like a week so I'd call it a success anyway.

Feel free to take the idea and run with it. If you make money I expect a free deck or two. :P [/spoili]

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
RIP Tire-san(made with real tire rubber). The little dots are LED lights. It was a pain in the butt to transport because the spikes were super fragile. I had to walk sideways through doorways because it's a rather wide prop.

Googly eyes were completely necessary.
DHMrgSR.jpg

EDIT: The picture was flipped. Opps. Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Kagayours
I mean... ok, but,

30w6xxf.jpg

33bpy82.jpg

23s7omu.jpg
[/spoiler]
Well it's a very photogenic pile of garbage. I can't imagine that is easy to pull off.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shiri and Kagayours
I haven't been big on posting my art online (mostly since I almost never finish what I start) but this is the source of my Discord avatar for the past couple years:
o2m124u.png

• Love
Reactions: Shiri