Show Diana some love!

I can tell you that when I finally stepped into the chat box for the first time as a scared newbie, I doubt I would have stayed long had it not been for the welcome you gave me that day. I am very grateful that you have kept this site alive for me and for past, present, and future members. If it weren't for your hard work and diligence, even in tough situations, I don't think this place would have survived anything. You are very loved, very appreciated, and you do so many selfless acts just for the site and the people on it.

You should never lose sight of the fact that you are amazing, and that a lot of us think you are that and awesome, and a whole bag of jelly beans too.

Spending time with your family at your house was one of the best times that I've ever had, Diana. I honestly meant it when I said that I didn't want to leave.
I remember the first time I met you, when I had no idea what was going on and out of the blue, there was a random woman as an admin on the site. I'll admit to thinking it was one of Asmo's jokes. However, you ended up doing so much for the site and for that, I am incredibly grateful. It never ceases to amaze me how much Iwaku has grown over the time you've been with us and you do a fabulous job of using your experience and wisdom to keep it running more or less smoothly. You have a second little family here in Iwaku that's very proud of you and wants all the best things and successes for you and your family.

Here's to hoping that you feel better soon, Miss Di, and that everything works out well for you.

When I first joined Iwaku, I roleplayed a little bit. Mostly I just hung out in the cbox, usually trolling. When I got tired of trolling, I stayed away for weeks/months at a time. But every time I came back to the cbox, you were the one that remembered me, always acting friendly. It made me feel welcome and it made me want to stick around more. And I'll always remember having some amazing early morning discussions with you and the early morning crew in the cbox.

I haven't roleplayed with you much, but I'll always remember that 'Morning After' roleplay we did. It was silly, goofy, and always brings a smile to my face thinking about it. I still don't really roleplay much, but if you ever find yourself wanting to roleplay with me again, I'll be glad to.

You're always doing things for us (making us avatars, profile pics, and those Insert Name Here:___ is AWESOME sigs). It's amazing how much you've done for the community here, and I'm glad to be a member because of your hard work and dedication.

Screw these guys, Diana. Let's go get drunk and eat chicken fingers.

Being an admin, mod or staff member in general is always a thankless job...however, you've received nothing but thank yous which I've never seen from any of the forums I've been on in the past fifteen or so years and this is quite an accomplishment.

Some days it can be exhausting to deal with the pettiness, coding or general activities a forum needs to be alive but considering how high you're getting when people google "Roleplay Forums," it's a reward in itself.

A lot of people adore you, heck I adore you and I barely know you. We may not say it as often as we should but it's there, somewhere. I appreciate being able to be a member of Iwaku, considering I was feeling a bit lonely over this past year and a half on my other forums. I appreciate being able to laugh with new faces and have something to talk about with names that become more familiar. So, thank you Diana for keeping Iwaku open and not allowing it to kick your butt.

I honestly appreciate how mature and grown this place is when compared to other sites. I love the staff as well as the members and I hope Iwaku sticks around for many many years under your guidence. <3.

Everyone already said all the pretty things D<

Danana-chuu, I love you like a love song, baby~//

From the longest surviving admin, I salute you. That is all, I am off to kidnap Sakuras.

Yeah, you're pretty cool I guess.

I kid, I kid. Much love, bosslady.

Now that I have been sufficiently embarrassed, have spent a day being awkward, and have now worked up the courage to post;

Thaaaaank yoooouuu. When you're down deep wallowing in self pity it's really easy to forget how you affect other people. And it's really, really really nice to know I am a positive influence and gives me a tether to reality on those days I'm about to loose it. ;___; I appreciate the warm fuzzies.

You've created and fostered such a wonderful community and I know I speak for everyone when I say that we want you to cheer up post haste :P. Your hard work, effort, and wonderful presence has transformed Iwaku from the precipice it hung on to the vibrant and fantastic website and family it is today...this could not have been possible without you.

So thank you, thank you for everything.

Cheer up. We all love you.

I'll be honest, I'm terrible at being a nice person. I'm always saying the wrong things at the wrong time. So how about I tell you a story instead?

Once upon a time, on a forum far, far away, there was a kid. And he didn't sign up to it because he wanted friends - he just wanted access to certain areas of information. the forum was a nice enough place, and it had some good people on it. In fact, he made some good friends on there - but, he couldn't call it home.
He always felt like the third wheel, always on the sidelines. He felt people didn't appreciate him, and the lengths he went to to try and make himself a member of the site that people liked. But, ultimately, it was impossible.
The admins were always above the community, dipping in when it suited them. There was always drama between them - you could feel it. The forum had trolls, and they weren't banned, because a mod had taken their side, due to being a personal friend.
Eventually, after a bitter stand-off, the boy left the site, leaving a heartfelt goodbye to his friends.

The boy spent many a week trawling the internet. He'd sign up to some forums, but they never really felt like anywhere he could settle. He was a wanderer, stopping off at different websites, never staying for more than a week.
Until he came across Iwaku.

He didn't expect much. The standard half-hearted welcome from the admin, delivered more out of obligation than actual willingness. He thought he'd be out by the end of the week. But, something happened - he was welcomed.
Not just a simple hello, but a genuine greeting.
He had found a site where the people weren't stuck-up snobs or inactive shells, and where the mods and admins were just members with responsibilities - they were actually human.
And there was the person who was making it all happen. He didn't know what it was like to have so many responsibilities and to be in such a position, but he damn well appreciated how hard it would be to keep things going. And yet, despite everything that stood in her way, she always greeted everyone with a smile, and made sure the site became the best it could be.

And when the boy heard that someone was calling out for people to show her appreciation, he did not hesitate. He dropped everything, wanting to do his part to make sure she knew how important she was, and just how many people look up to her. He had led a life where everything was handed to him, so he knew he couldn't fathom what she felt. But he knew that every person who made her feel needed counted, and he wanted to make sure she knew just how much he appreciated her, and all the work she did to make - and keep - the site great.

Reactions: 1 person
Ahhh, how do I put this ;3;
I've seen you around the forums countless times and you're always so happy and upbeat and just ILU OMFG. You're so awesome and smart and cool :D -says in a little kid's voice- "When I grow up, I want to be just like you." Everyone loves you and you're like the queen of awesomeness and stuff.
I wish I were better with words ;n;
-flees-

You're a pretty great lady, Diana. I always appreciated your backup during some of the most sensitive times of my life, when I didn't have the strength to fight on my own. Giving me my second chance at modship was awesome of you, too. I had fun working with you when I had no other ways to spend my time. <3

So, thanks.

I don't know Diana personally, but I know Diana is very nice from what I've read. And that makes me want to say thank you too. After all, Diana is trying to help everyone enjoy themselves here...I can see it when I read a lot of different posts on the board. I know I'm new, so I can't say I have much yet to say yet, but...I think Diana is doing a nice thing by bringing together so many interesting and nice people. Thus, Diana must be really nice too, you know? So...Thank you for being nice, and for helping everyone, and...and...

...You get the drift, right?! I'm not used to writing thank you notes! ><;

-drags Diana into a giant hug- Thank you~

I scoured the web for a year before joining Iwaku.

Diana, you have created a site where there is a niche for EVERYONE, where EVERY SECOND of EVERY DAY, I browse the site in awe of the community, the incredible involvement of the mods, the openness for everyone to pursue their ideas and, especially, grow as a person. The Vault is staggeringly huge. The forums are enormous. I shudder to think how long it would take for one person to read through every post and comment that has ever been made on this site. And EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. is thanks to YOU!!!

I see you everywhere, all the time. You're a perpetual, tangible, incomparable presence in this site. It can be so hard to balance the virtual world with the real one, but here at Iwaku they blend together. By bringing all these people to this flourishing community, you have really improved real lives everywhere, across the world, across all kinds of writers and personalities, and you ceaselessly show enormous appreciation for all of them. Your "EVERYONE IS NOW AWESOME" thread alone deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

Because you are so reliable, so ubiquitous, so loved, too often I catch myself taking an admin and site owner like you for granted. Thank you Asmodeus for giving us an opportunity to give back. And thank you Diana for being you. The world is a happier place because of it.

I want to thank you for everything you have done for me, despite not knowing me or really having a reason to give me the time of day. Diana, you are a wonderful woman with the patience of a saint! I can't thank you enough with talking me through mistakes and helping me learn how to step up to the plate to become a mod. I can't wait to see what working with you is like and getting to know you better.

Thank you so much for everything you do for Iwaku and it's individual members. You're the best <3

If I really knew you, at this point in time i'd just give you a shoulder massage, but I don't. You are as mysterious as ever. Sorta. All the good stuff has been said with equal parts truth and humor, so i'll have to end on a simple note playing up the cheese. Stay awesome.

Momma Di is frickin' awesome, 'nuff said.

On a more serious note though, I am not nearly as close to you as a lot of the other staff members, but I've seen enough to say that you really are a foundation of this community. I'd be lying if I said Iwaku was the first RP home I had, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have pleasant experiences in other places. But the thing is, Iwaku has shown me just what a roleplaying COMMUNITY could be. This isn't just a forum, it's a community, it's a home.

I know it hasn't always been this way, but I also know it wouldn't have been possible if not for the work you contributed, Diana, so kudos and thanks to you for turning Iwaku into a home for all of us. :D

... well this is late... but what the (choose the word carefully) I love Diana xD

I think I have talked to her one or two times o.o but she is already my favorite Administrator and staff member because she all be like 'hi' when I say hi =3

I think I have already told her this but its always good to hear more than once. I have been on one or two other role play sites and most of the time staff members are anti social freaks who only try and scare or correct you, or are just plain mean so I hesintly posted a question to her via inbox and she replied with smiles ^.^, right their I was like best administrator ever! =D

So yeah, lets hear it for the best dang admin this dang inter-webs has ever seen!

I haven't really met you yet Dianna, so instead, I shall speak about you as if you were the original Dianna we all knew an loved so many years ago.

Dianna, you are an English rose. A rose that bares no thorns in its sides. You are like a drop of English water, pure and unadulterated. Dianna you, are just like me, a diamond amongst the rough. Daring to shine in a place that is saturated with darkness. Dianna, I love you so much baby give me a lil kiss right quick *pouts*