Should we have either a subforum or a tag from Nation RPs?

Should we have either a subforum or tag from Nation RPs?

• Yes, we should have a subfourm. I would even be a GM there.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, we should have a subforum. I would join other peoples' games.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, we should have a subforum. I would try to be a GM and join other peoples' games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, we should have a subforum. But, I would only read the games.

• Yes, we should have a tag. I would be a GM with that tag.

• Yes, we should have a tag. I would join the games with that tag.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, we should have a tag. But, I would only read the games.

• No, we shouldn't have a subforum; instead of that, we should have a tag.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, we shouldn't both a subforum and a tag.

• Other.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rare

Original poster
Awhile ago, ASTA made a post about how there should be a subforum from Nation RPs. Diana said that in order from a genre to become a subforum, there must be fifteen active roleplays. Then, Dervish said that a tag would be easier than making a subforum from it. The tag would then go to the various subsections (Sci-Fi, Historical, etc.) and it shall act like any other tag.

But then, Shimmerene bought up a good point. Horror, Historical and even Dice RPs got its own subfourm, shouldn't Nation RPs? After all, Nation RPs cause the user to switch the way that they write. From writing about one character or a small group to manipulating and creating the entirety of a nation.

Then, redblood said that someone should make a poll about it here. Since the last post is week old, I decided to try and bring the matter to the public.

In short, read the title and answer it in the poll. Also, here is the link to the original topic that caused me to do this.

Oh, I forgot that you're only allow to vote from one thing. I put to two, so you could vote from tags and then vote on what will you do if that idea is approve (like read or join that RP with the tag).

It would be best to start off with a tag, then see how much use it actually gets. If there are only a few up at any given time, then it's not worth it to make a whole subforum for them.

By that metric Diana gave, 15 active regularly to be worthy of a separate subforum, neither Historical nor Dice should remain separate for long because they lack the requisite activity level. There's a reasonable argument to be made for keeping Dice off in its own corner because it's drastically different than any other kind of roleplay, with non-writing mechanics added into the mix, but nation RPs are just a different genre from other types in the same way historical roleplays are a different genre than horror roleplays. I don't think it has enough inherent differences to make the same argument as you can for the Dice section.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Status
Not open for further replies.