Shotgun Love (Shelby & Minamoto Thunder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the massage, Nicole started feeling a bit sleepy. She was woken up by a nightmare last night and lost about three hours of sleep. Maybe a half an hour nap would be fine. Nina wouldn't mind though, because she slept just as much as Nicole did now. Sadly, with three kids, its hard to find sleep. Shortly after Nicole fell asleep, Nina leaned over to kiss her stomach and then her forehead. While waiting for Nicole to wake back up, Nina decided to take out her Laptop and watch a movie so she doesn't have to just sit there and wait for Nicole to wake up. Suddenly, her phone started ringing. Seeing that it was Matt, Nina picked up in her place.

As he waited for her to answer the phone, Matt started to pace about, going this way and that as he looked up at the sky. It was actually pretty warm out today, a nice day, but it wasn't something that he was necessarily going to enjoy since the majority of his time would be in the building. Well, at least there were a lot of windows about, not that he ever felt claustrophobic in the least bit, but he did like to sometimes stare out into the sky. It gave him inspiration, and it just made him happy that his little cubical section was sitting right next to a window.

When he heard the ringing stop, indicting that someone had picked up the phone, Matt perked up a bit and stopped walking. "Hey babe," he spoke before the person on the other side could speak, his eyes looking down at his watch in that same instance. He didn't have much more time to just stand out here. "Um, I don't have a lot of time to talk, but I just thought I'd let you know that I'm actually going to be a little late coming home." He rubbed the back of his neck. "The meeting pushed some things back that I've got to get finished, so yeah... Nina's there though, right? So you're not alone?"

Did Nina really sound similar to her sister? Because her Brother-in-Law thought he was talking to Nicole herself. "Um, this is actually Nina. I just picked up the phone because Nicole's taking a nap. But yeah, I'm here at the house, taking care of her. Are you coming home late tonight?"

Suddenly, Nicole groaned, but not loud enough to where Matt would hear it over the phone. Maybe she had a light contraction but it wasn't sharp enough to wake her up? To comfort her little sister, Nina put a hand on Nicole's stomach to see what she could feel. As Nicole slept, Nina rubbed her belly as if she was massaging it. Most likely it was to calm the baby down so Nicole can rest. In her sleep, Nicole breathed through her nose and smiled a bit.

Slightly embarrassed for having gotten the person on the other end of the line wrong, Matt quickly pushed the thought aside and continued listening to what Nina was saying. Nodding his head, as if she could actually see it, he quickly stopped the movement before he moved back and leaned against the wall of the building behind him. "Unfortunately I am. Some things got pushed back because of a meeting and I'm a little behind with work... But if you could tell Nicole that I'd really appreciate it." He smiled, though his brows quickly furrowed when a thought crossed his mind. How come Nicole hadn't been the one to answer her phone?

Though he knew he didn't have much time to talk, he figured this would just be enough. "How's she doing?"

"Okay, I'll let her know when she wakes up. She's doing great, her contractions aren't acting up. With me around, the baby is actually letting her sleep." Nina chuckled.

Nicole was sleeping peacefully, which made Nina happy. "So what time do you think you'll be home tonight?"

He smiled at the words, breathing out a sigh of relief before he ran a hand through his hair. "That's good, really good. Nicole probably needs all the sleep she can get for right now." Again he nodded to himself, but looked down at his watch, frowning. Time to get back to work. "Ah, probably around eight, nineish maybe. Hopefully not later than that, but we'll see. I've got to go now though; break's over with." Before he hung up the phone, he said a simple 'thanks for watching over Nicole and the baby' before he pocketed his phone and headed back into the building.

After the phone call, Nina set down her little sister's phone on the coffee table before turning on her Laptop. Perhaps later today, the sisters could go out for a walk, enjoy the sunshine. Since Matt and Nicole already figured out the Gender of the baby, Nina thought about something funny; she wondered if it was true if girls steal your beauty. Obviously, that didn't happen to Nicole. Or her for that matter. After all, she did have three kids; two sons and a daughter back at home probably spending time with their Grandmother.

After heading back into the building Matt set back to work, going over a few things with other people, working on his own things, etc. To say the least, the hours ticked by relatively quickly to him, but that could probably be accounted for the fact that he had been working the entire time. Sure, every once in a while he would stop to have a short little conversation with a co worker, but generally he worked the entire time, trying to do his best to do things as quickly as possible so that he could head back home sooner rather than later. But he had to pace himself, he knew that, so that he wouldn't mess a design up or so that it wouldn't look sloppy. He hated sloppy work.

But, after it as all said and done, he was finally on his way home. He clocked out at eight thirty, him heading home right after he did so, meaning that with the trek home he would be at the house by nine o'clock. There wasn't much traffic on the ride home, the rush hour having past a while a go which he figured was a good thing. Well, that was one perk of leaving work a little late.

Just like he had thought, he made it home a little past nine, juggling the keys in his hands before he unlocked the door, sighing as he stepped in the house and kicked his shoes off. Finally.

Half an hour before Matt got home, the girls went out for a walk, wanting to enjoy the cool weather air. Afterwards, they started cleaning up around the house so that Matt could come home to a clean, fresh environment. Of course, Nina stuck around for a bit longer because Nicole wanted her to. By the time Matt made it back home, she was giving Nicole a back-rub. Nina didn't really complain because she had to go through pregnancy three times. Not to mention she loved Nicole to death. Hopefully soon, Matt can get a day off. Every Father-to-be should take some time to bond with their child. That's what her husband, Emmett did. That's what Jin did with his wife. So hopefully Nicole would get the same, or even better, experience. Plus, Nicole did like it when Matt mused with the baby, because she thought it was cute. Of course, one thing she didn't like was the fact that people say that girls steal their mother's beauty...Well they don't steal her hearing!

Matt rubbed the back of his neck as he walked further into the house, his usual tablet and notepad in hand, as he looked this way and that, wondering where Nina and Nicole were. He could tell that Nina was still there from the simple fact that her car was still in the drive, and, for what ever reason, that put a settling thought in Matt's mind. Sure, he knew that Nicole was old and well enough to take care of herself; she didn't need to be watched twenty four seven, but he still couldn't help but worry about her when she was alone, especially now. He figured anything could happen; what if she got hurt, what if something was going on with the baby and she was alone?

He shook his head to clear his mind of those thoughts though. She was fine, the baby was fine and they would be. Just stay positive, he always told himself, and to not completely freak out at anything he heard. Then again, that was a little easier said than done.

When he saw Nina giving her younger sister a back rub he couldn't help but smile slightly at the thought, all the while thinking how lucky they were to have her in their life, someone who actually knew what Nicole was going through. "Hello ladies," he spoke, a bit of a chuckle in his voice.

"Oh, hi Matt." Nina greeted him while still rubbing Nicole's shoulders, slowly moving down her back and eventually her hips.

"Hey babe, welcome home." Nicole smiled as her fiancée entered the room. She felt beyond relieved because most of her back pain was gone. Too bad Nina couldn't get rid of the insomnia or heartburn. Nicole also did try to stay away from a large number of medications, because they were harmful to the baby. Nina's own phone then started ringing. It was her husband, Emmett. "Hello?"

"Hey Nina, I just picked up the kids. Um, when will you be home?"

"I should be home around 10:45-11:30."

"Why so late?"

"Because I'm taking care of my little sister. You know she's pregnant, right?"

"Oh, yeah. That's fine. Go ahead and take care of your sister. I'll see you when you get home."

"Alright, handsome, I'll see you when I get home. Later."

"See ya."

One thing Nicole noted about her sister was that she was very flirty with her husband, which she thought was very interesting. Hopefully Nina wasn't like that around her kids, because that would be most awkward.

((Lame reply, sorry about it. My muse has been a little off lately.))

Smiling, Matt walked over to the two of them before bending down and kissing Nicole's cheek lightly before he stood back up. Turning to look towards Nina when her phone rang, listening half way to what she had been saying, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Today had definitely been a rough one, however he figured he had nothing to complain about, especially when he thought about Nicole and what she had to go through. He figured he might have had it a little bit easier, but hey, he still worked, and sometimes it was a lot. Sure, he might not be going through the pain that her fiance was, but his fingers her from all the writing hurt. Okay, maybe he was being a little petty now.

After Nina got off the phone he blinked and looked back down at the two. "So, how's today been? Nothing too crazy, hm?" He rose his brows, chuckling a bit.

((Sorry, I didn't realize I left you hanging, thought I already replied))

"Today was great. I got to see my big sister."" Nicole was happy that Nina came over.

"We just cleaned up around the house and went out for a walk. Nothing big." Nina continued to rub her little sister's shoulders before going to her lower back to ease the back pain.

Nicole hoped that Matt would be off tomorrow. If not, she'd more then likely call her younger sister Mei to see if she can take a day off of work to keep her company. Their Mother would more then likely approve. However, as of late, Nicole hasn't really been getting along with her Mother. But then again, neither were Jin or Nina.

Status
Not open for further replies.