Shoplifting and/or Pre Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your patience with my reply! This weekend was actually Easter for my family (eastern european background), and then this week is final exams week for me, so I have been a bit exhausted. :P

@Thingtastic Yes, I love that idea! A conflict over the level of exclusivity of the fortress! This can arise from a concern for availability of resources for everyone vs. not wanting loved ones to die.
There can also be conflict over who will be the leader of the fortress, especially with all of these badass teens. There can also be conflict over resource collection and use, or letting some resources go to waste, etc. There may be differences in prioritization of resources. There may even be conflict over maintenance of the junkyard, or fortress, or some resource. Maybe some want things to be more organized, while others don't.
Maybe they can start losing resources somehow and then start suspecting each other of using too much or stealing, or they may suspect any newcomers to the group or family members/friends that join, that could set off a lot of finger pointing! :D
Since they are stealing from stores, maybe internal conflict about where they're stealing and how. Maybe some members may think that some members are stealing irresponsibility, attracting too much attention, so that might lead to that member being kicked out.
I expect the internal conflicts to develop spontaneously as the story develops. :) We can stir controversy as we like. :D

@Zeroisdead Yes, moral conflicts and differences in what they believe to be essential for survival! Perfect! I think many internal conflicts can be generated from those themes.
Thank you for checking out the accuracy of the scenario! This info can help us make the scenario much more realistic and actual. So the crash site will be outside of Toronto.
Then since the impact of the asteroid is so widespread, would their best bet be to make a bunker underground in Toronto, perhaps where the junkyard is located? Rather than trying to transport all of their things in time to set up a bunker somewhere else?
I think the junkyard could be an effective shield to keep the underground bunker from being discovered - might have exclusive protective fencing, etc. Although the junkyard may attract scavengers/raiders, if any of those survive the asteroid that is or travel to Toronto (why would they even though?) :D

USER=13450]@Zeroisdead[/USER] Yes, moral conflicts and differences in what they believe to be essential for survival! Perfect! I think many internal conflicts can be generated from those themes.
Thank you for checking out the accuracy of the scenario! This info can help us make the scenario much more realistic and actual. So the crash site will be outside of Toronto.
Then since the impact of the asteroid is so widespread, would their best bet be to make a bunker underground in Toronto, perhaps where the junkyard is located? Rather than trying to transport all of their things in time to set up a bunker somewhere else?
I think the junkyard could be an effective shield to keep the underground bunker from being discovered - might have exclusive protective fencing, etc. Although the junkyard may attract scavengers/raiders, if any of those survive the asteroid that is or travel to Toronto (why would they even though?) :D
Yeah, that actually sounds pretty good. I think I rather have them stay in one location, then have them trying to improve it and make it the ideal base, while trying to prevent word of their bunker spreading.
Did we decide that society has pretty much collapsed in this scenario due to panic of the meteor, or just after? because it would be pretty interesting if they also had to defend it from other people looking to loot the place and had to compete with rival scavengers both before and after the meteor crashes

Thank you for your patience with my reply! This weekend was actually Easter for my family (eastern european background), and then this week is final exams week for me, so I have been a bit exhausted. :P

@Thingtastic Yes, I love that idea! A conflict over the level of exclusivity of the fortress! This can arise from a concern for availability of resources for everyone vs. not wanting loved ones to die.
There can also be conflict over who will be the leader of the fortress, especially with all of these badass teens. There can also be conflict over resource collection and use, or letting some resources go to waste, etc. There may be differences in prioritization of resources. There may even be conflict over maintenance of the junkyard, or fortress, or some resource. Maybe some want things to be more organized, while others don't.
Maybe they can start losing resources somehow and then start suspecting each other of using too much or stealing, or they may suspect any newcomers to the group or family members/friends that join, that could set off a lot of finger pointing! :D
Since they are stealing from stores, maybe internal conflict about where they're stealing and how. Maybe some members may think that some members are stealing irresponsibility, attracting too much attention, so that might lead to that member being kicked out.
I expect the internal conflicts to develop spontaneously as the story develops. :) We can stir controversy as we like. :D

@Zeroisdead Yes, moral conflicts and differences in what they believe to be essential for survival! Perfect! I think many internal conflicts can be generated from those themes.
Yeah, that actually sounds pretty good. I think I rather have them stay in one location, then have them trying to improve it and make it the ideal base, while trying to prevent word of their bunker spreading.
Did we decide that society has pretty much collapsed in this scenario due to panic of the meteor, or just after? because it would be pretty interesting if they also had to defend it from other people looking to loot the place and had to compete with rival scavengers both before and after the meteor crashes
It was decided that the meteor approaching would remain a secret during a UN meeting, to avoid chaos.

Ooh and what if there was some type of abandoned bunker underneath the junkyard site and the teens stumble onto it by accident? Like it was just hidden under an old car?

And yeah, I like all that about the internal and external conflict! And thanks, Zeroisdead for looking up the crash details. How about the meteor crashes Germany or Australia?

(And don't worry about late replies, I'm suffering through finals week as well, so I get it. :) )

It was decided that the meteor approaching would remain a secret during a UN meeting, to avoid chaos.

Ooh and what if there was some type of abandoned bunker underneath the junkyard site and the teens stumble onto it by accident? Like it was just hidden under an old car?

And yeah, I like all that about the internal and external conflict! And thanks, Zeroisdead for looking up the crash details. How about the meteor crashes Germany or Australia?

(And don't worry about late replies, I'm suffering through finals week as well, so I get it. :) )
Hmm, how bout some type of unfinished sewer or subway system? I also once heard about an underground insane asylum. It was a string on underground tunnels and rooms that were used to transport people to different buildings.

And yeah, that crash site sounds good

@Thingtastic @Zeroisdead

Ultra Yes!, to both of your ideas!!!

An abandoned bunker underneath the junkyard site that they stumble upon by accident,
that happens to be an unfinished sewer/subway system :D :D :D :D :D

I'm thinking the crash site can be in Germany, because the UN's headquarters are in Switzerland and Europe in general, so that way they can know about it sooner and discuss it in their secret meetings (because their satellites and things would be examining that area most often I think, so the meteor would be more detectable that way). :)

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
@Zora18 @Zeroisdead
Also I wanted to ask if you two had any issue with real appearances? I, myself do not like anime appearances, but I could compromise with artsy appearances.

I prefer real appearances usually too. :)
@Zora18 @Zeroisdead
Also I wanted to ask if you two had any issue with real appearances? I, myself do not like anime appearances, but I could compromise with artsy appearances.
My main gripe is what people consider "anime". People tend to really misuse the term, so I end up getting confused.
I consider things like:
this [spoili]
latest
[/spoili] and this [spoili]
2065abd9560ef933d041405ae504124c.jpg
[/spoili] "anime", because they are in that style, with narrow chins and larger eyes. (Also the fact that they're not animations and animation refers to an animation form Japan, not a still image.)

However, things like this [spoili]tumblr_nqturzedmv1r95cwwo1_1280.jpg [/spoili], this [spoili]download.jpeg [/spoili], and my avatar I do not consider "anime" because they use realistic facial portions, instead of the typical anime art style. (And neither the character or the drawing are form Japan, nor are they from any animated shows or movies.)

Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. I just get annoyed when people use the term "anime" to describe something that isn't "anime".

My main gripe is what people consider "anime". People tend to really misuse the term, so I end up getting confused.
I consider things like:
this [spoili]
latest
[/spoili] and this [spoili]
2065abd9560ef933d041405ae504124c.jpg
[/spoili] "anime", because they are in that style, with narrow chins and larger eyes. (Also the fact that they're not animations and animation refers to an animation form Japan, not a still image.)

However, things like this [spoili]View attachment 107338 [/spoili], this [spoili]View attachment 107337 [/spoili], and my avatar I do not consider "anime" because they use realistic facial portions, instead of the typical anime art style. (And neither the character or the drawing are form Japan, nor are they from any animated shows or movies.)

Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. I just get annoyed when people use the term "anime" to describe something that isn't "anime".
The second group of images are what I consider artsy or what other users call realistic art.

I prefer real appearances usually too. :)

Alrightie so real appearances it is then! Now...Is there anything else we should discuss about the plot line?

Also, end I usually make this mandatory for my rps, but for posting tense and length I prefer at least five sentences and third person. Any issues with those requirements?

The second group of images are what I consider artsy or what other users call realistic art.

Alrightie so real appearances it is then! Now...Is there anything else we should discuss about the plot line?

Also, end I usually make this mandatory for my rps, but for posting tense and length I prefer at least five sentences and third person. Any issues with those requirements?
Okay then, thank you for clarifying for my dim brain. ^_^

I have nothing left to add and have no problem with those requirements. I can't wait to get this started.

I have no issues with that. :)

Okay then, thank you for clarifying for my dim brain. ^_^

I have nothing left to add and have no problem with those requirements. I can't wait to get this started.
Your brain is not dim! :D I think you're smart and creative!

• Thank You
Reactions: Zeroisdead
So, when do you guys think we could start this?
I am open to almost whenever because I have just a few summer classes so far. What about you guys?
Our first step would probably be to make a thread to advertise the RP. It would include:

1. A main paragraph or so about the plot/story
2. Any rules/expectations
3. Character Creation Form

And we also first need an official title for the RP!!! :OOOOOOO Any ideas?

• Thank You
Reactions: Zeroisdead
So, when do you guys think we could start this?
I am open to almost whenever because I have just a few summer classes so far. What about you guys?
Our first step would probably be to make a thread to advertise the RP. It would include:

1. A main paragraph or so about the plot/story
2. Any rules/expectations
3. Character Creation Form

And we also first need an official title for the RP!!! :OOOOOOO Any ideas?
Sorry for the absence guys!

Oh gosh I totally forgot about the title um...

I suggest ApocaLift (like shoplifting + apocalypse, cause I'm lame xD)

What do you guys think/suggest?

Sorry for the absence guys!

Oh gosh I totally forgot about the title um...

I suggest ApocaLift (like shoplifting + apocalypse, cause I'm lame xD)

What do you guys think/suggest?
Hmm, to me, the sound of ApocaLift doesn't roll off my tongue nicely, but that could just be me. :D
The first idea that came to my mind was Been Caught Stealing like the title of the Jane's Addiction song, but that might be lame. xD And it might not make it clear that it's pre-apocalyptic themed.
So it sounds like we want something that encompasses both shoplifting and apocalypse... hmm..
Stolen Future?
Stolen Non-Future?
Stealing the Future?
Kleptomanic Fallout?
Klepto Kids of the Apox?
Steal the Future?
Doomed Kleptomania?
Doomed Klepto Kids?
Klepto Kalypso?
Doomed Generation?
Stolen Youth?
Been Caught Stealing?

These are just some ideas off the top of my head, not sure if they're good or not. What do you guys think? Do you like any of them? Any more ideas?

Hmm, to me, the sound of ApocaLift doesn't roll off my tongue nicely, but that could just be me. :D
The first idea that came to my mind was Been Caught Stealing like the title of the Jane's Addiction song, but that might be lame. xD And it might not make it clear that it's pre-apocalyptic themed.
So it sounds like we want something that encompasses both shoplifting and apocalypse... hmm..
Stolen Future?
Stolen Non-Future?
Stealing the Future?
Kleptomanic Fallout?
Klepto Kids of the Apox?
Steal the Future?
Doomed Kleptomania?
Doomed Klepto Kids?
Klepto Kalypso?
Doomed Generation?
Stolen Youth?
Been Caught Stealing?

These are just some ideas off the top of my head, not sure if they're good or not. What do you guys think? Do you like any of them? Any more ideas?
I like
The Doomed Generation

I thought of

But What Remains?
Barren Hope
Salvation Must Be Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.