Shintaion: Resistance

Alright IC is up but don't let that discourage any of you who are still working on bios. Basically everyone is being assigned to the brand new brigade the 91st. A nice introduction post probably communicating with other characters and then we'll start some feces flinging against bladed rottery objects. So enjoy.

Posted, mostly an introduction post to get a bit of a feel for the characters really. And anyone can use that airship to pick them up too if they feel like it. I kept it vague enough so that could work.

I still might be a bit rusty to RPing so bare with me to get into my groove and write true quality posts. Think of it like how the Saints were playing in the Super Bowl until they hit their stride and won. :P That's what I gotta do, warm up a few posts here and then I can make much better posts.

Newest version of World map attached. Version 1.2
Please let me know what you like and dislike. More will be added as storyline progresses.
Other details such as mountain ranges and such will be added once I find exact locations.

Edit: fixed land bridge
Edit: fixed colors, and added legend
Edit: Whole bunch of stuff

Sent you the thoughts in the VM there Tuxedo. And nice to see we are rolling out of the gate with some posts.

Not a bad map. Looks pretty good so far, nice job Tuxedo!

Err...can a dark beast be on the good side too? I mean, they are described with the other seven breeds.

Hmm, they are described there but mostly so they can be compared to the others. Besides, it wouldn't exactly be a good idea for a dark beast to fight aganist his own people. There most likely is prejudice and fear towards Dark Beasts. Think about how during WW2 the US treated Japanese people living in the states like they were plotting aganist the country even though they hadn't done anything wrong. I don't think they'd be allowed to join the Resistance but it's Piro's call as he's the GM.

Not to mention the dark beasts on the opposite side would REALLY go after you knowing you're a traitor to their people. Just would make you a target, not to mention really jeopardize your character's family if he/she has any.

Besides, the other remaining types of beast are more interesting strategically to pick, although not as powerful as dark beats.

Pironii <3 All done :D Let me know if everything is okay :D

Name:
Lorietta Pearl "Lori"

Specie:
Human Technomancer

Element/Specialty:
-Physically Talented [Gymnast, Martial Artist] & Medically Adept
-Light :: Technomancer

Appearance:
Lorietta's features are distinct upon her pale complexion; bright bluegreen eyes and medium brown hair with natural red highlights. She's about 5 feet tall with the athletic build of a gymnast.

Despite being a slight tomboy, Lorietta dresses like a princess, but not a princess seldom seen in flouncy dresses. When she knows she needs movement capacity, Lorietta dresses the part. Usually seen on her adventures in brightly colored shirts and miniskirts with matching leggings and armsocks, she makes sure to strap on her gun holster to her left thigh and wear her plasma gun holster, that white gem-studded belt her brother made her, in a slant around her hips. She can't go without the bow on the right side or the star shaped clips in her hair, dangling heart earrings, shiny charm bracelet and laceup combat boots. She wears frills, but she kicks butt, too.

Also, she finds it convenient to express herself in her apparel; her clothes give an insight into her feelings at the time.
c68.jpg

Equipment:
-Her sling-across white messenger bag with feathered rainbowhue designs contains::
A set of accupuncture needles (both sterile&poisoned)
A small notebook with a sparkled cover & a couple of pens and thin markers tied together with a rubber band.
Plasma Gun Ammunition
A dense medical set + first-aid kit materials.
Crystalline Gun Bullers
-Her gun holster belt :
A plasma gun holster on the left side for her plasma gun.
Three Acupuncture Needles hidden in the bow on the right side.
-Strapped to her Left Thigh:
Custom-designed Semi-Automatic Shotgun*
*Designed by her father :: Crystalline bullets in the shape of crystals for impact. The tips are poisoned for aftereffect.

Personality:
It all depends on your perception; Lorietta believes that life is tough, but you've got to keep fighting even if you're at a disadvantage. She's steadfast, determined, and cheerful, always trying to keep everyone around her in high spirits despite what might be going on in their lives. Sometimes she has a hard time keeping up with her smily routine, but she tries her best. She's intelligent, cunning and a surprisingly quick-thinker, able to make decisions on the spot.

If you argue with her, be prepared for a heated debate, you're not going anywhere until you've got a taste of her flaming temper. She doesn't throw a tantrum, but she might if she feels like acting like a child, which she does often. She's the epitome of innocence that everyone left behind in their childhoods. Her wish is to make their dreams come true.

History:
Lorietta grew up with her father and three elder brothers. Her mother disappeared around the time Heather Halbeard became president of Shinataion and was never brought up in family politics afterwards. Her eldest brother had been an Armour user, he died in the aftermath of battle that Lavion to the Dark Beasts.

Worried for the safety of his remaining children, their father, an nanites researcher, along with so many others, relocated to Abscus, where he diligently continued his research along with the other leading professors of his field. When her other brother offered to be one of the human testers for the initial nanites experiment, Lorietta was both astonished and inspired.

It was then, in her young eyes that she began to feel a need to aid her society, to help her world. She wanted to create the same inspiration, the same hope in the people around her. So she set out to do just that, except, no one had said it would be easy. She started out by offering to become a technomancer. Initially, her brothers were strongly against it. In secret, however, she convinced her father and asked him to give her the power that she would make best use of. And that's how she came to be a Light Technomancer. The

Hmm, they are described there but mostly so they can be compared to the others. Besides, it wouldn't exactly be a good idea for a dark beast to fight aganist his own people. There most likely is prejudice and fear towards Dark Beasts. Think about how during WW2 the US treated Japanese people living in the states like they were plotting aganist the country even though they hadn't done anything wrong. I don't think they'd be allowed to join the Resistance but it's Piro's call as he's the GM.

Not to mention the dark beasts on the opposite side would REALLY go after you knowing you're a traitor to their people. Just would make you a target, not to mention really jeopardize your character's family if he/she has any.

Besides, the other remaining types of beast are more interesting strategically to pick, although not as powerful as dark beats.

What your saying makes a lot of sense as to why I should go with something else, so......I will. :P

Right Weavel pretty much answered that one. Thanks for the save of words.

Hmm think it might be time to remove that needs players rating lol. :P Think we've got enough, since there's still a few on the way too.

Alright here is a more detailed map thanks to Tuxedo Mask.

[align=center]
mapICSYL.jpg
[/align]

i have a few ideas for characters. woulda techno[ath in controll of a small army of spiderbots be allowable. I'd have it as water (flow around and erode)

Technomancers mostly rely on their nanites as that within itself is almost as powerful as an Armour itself. The spiders might make it a big overkill so I can't really allow it.

Well time for the signature ICSYL OOC double post. I got the post up and this will provide us a moment to have character interaction as those who haven't posted can still make an introductory post either heading to or at Alameda.

Alameda itself is bunker based, so it is all metallic and a high bit of military aura about it. The base has its own hangar and is located along the north east end of Shrivisk, at the connection of the Helio land bridge and the continent itself.

Post up. Wasn't too sure about who to interact with quite yet so..I'm saving that for the next post. I might have limited computer access for this weekend since I'm going outta town too so that's another reason I leaned towards not talking to anyone else's characters quite yet.

Hmm and some people have yet to make their first post too. That's another thing that concerns me.

Post up. Sorry about the wait. Was having a bit of Muse Be Dead syndrome. Isn't my greatest post but it is on a recovering imagination. Hope it isn't too bad dark writing for yah.

Working on a character. Will have him up by the end of the day.