Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably gonna be a magician or wheel of fortune

As prinised: update.
My computer did not get fixed.
Aiming fir wendsday.
If it doesn't, i'm gonna write the opening on my phone, for better or worse.

im interested! If we reserve arcana I'd like to be Sun... Or Hanged Man

I'm fine with reserving Arcana if you guys are. Two things on that though:
1. Fool is Fool, not Wild Card. Jack of All Trades, not Master of All.
2. Dibs on Tower.

What if shadows? I mean the boss tier ones from P4.

Will they be present and if so how will they work?

With current plans, they work different than any persona thus far (before you complain, tell me how p2, p3 and p4 shadows are at all the same thing) but have familiar elements. Boss tier shadows are a possibility, but I will have to see where things go.

Edit: also, minor arcana are totally fine, if you feel ambitious enough to work thirteen different cards into one character on top of the suit meaning (remember: number has a meaning, colored by the suit the number is), though you'll have to think extra hard to justify your personae.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Making this more for personal reference (because I'd lose track otherwise), but feel free to reuse it if it's handy.

Major Arcana
Fool - open, see notes
Magician - reserved
High Priestess - open
Empress - open
Emperor - open
Hierophant - open
Lovers - open
Chariot - open
Strength - open
Hermit - open
Wheel of Fortune - reserved
Justice - open
Hanged Man - reserved
Death - open
Temperance - open
Devil - open
Tower - reserved
Star - reserved
Moon - open
Sun - reserved
Judgement - open
World - open

Minor Arcana (see notes)
Cups - open
Pentacles - open
Swords - open
Wands - open

When put that way, it makes sense that the shadows and persona(s?) don't function the same as the ones in the games. Seems like the role they play is largely determined by their place in the plot/what causes them to be an issue in the first place. Which makes me wonder what the situation here is likely to be, but I'll wait to find that out in full.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using Personae for Persona's plural, though canonically, it's Personas. Latin just doesn't work that way. Also, it's High Priestess. High Priest is called the Hierophant.

As for the major update:
Still no fixed computer. Launching from phone.
Expect launch Thursday or Friday.

I apologize profusely for no update but I have had the most hectic time. First of all I spent that thursday-monday sick and honestly am still recovering over a week later. I've also come into a possible job. Basically, been super busy. But! My computer is fixed! So expect it tomorrow if not tonight! I'm so sorry for the delays!

Status
Not open for further replies.