INTEREST CHECK Shin Megami Tensei: Persona RP

FYI, I'm limiting this to 5-6 players, ideally, so once I get the OOC up it'll be first come first serve...or I might have you all make characters and take the ones that I feel are written the best and synergize the best. I've yet to decide.

Is that whoever replies first or finishes their profile first? Because I can make a great character, but I don't want to rush and make him/her sloppy. Only an issue, of course, if that's what you decided over synergy/writing quality. I'm willing to make adjustments if you feel it will create better plot/character development.

It'll be who ever FINISHES a QUALITY character sheet that is approved by me. Of course, I'll also be going through character sheets in order from first post to last. Now, if there are more than 6 completed quality character sheets when I go through them, I will then pick the ones I think would work best / fit the RP best. The party, btw, will be 6-7 characters, as I will be playing a character as well. Note: I get first pick of Arcana. Don't like it, tuff. Wigglytuff.

How close are you to setting up the OOC?

I'm working on typing up the OOC in Note pad right now. Just basic blocking it out and such.

BTW, I've come up with a name for the hotel: Hotel Babel

Also, you'll be playing high schoolers, fyi.

You're either a second year or third year. Second years are in 2-A, while third years are 3-B. However, if you have an idea for something different, contact me and we can try to work something out. But I probably won't let more than one or two people deviate, if any. After all, I need a way to get the party together, and being in the same class helps.

Oh, and if any of you have an idea for the name of the town and/or name of your high school, post them up. I may even put up a vote if I see a few I like. Something to keep in mind, the town you all live in is too small to have its own high school. There are a few reasons, some plot related, for this.

Oh, and here's a link about education in Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Japan#School_grades

One last thing, the school you go to is in Shinjuku, Tokyo. To get there, you walk to the train station that sits between your town and another small town.

As a side note, Atlus has its HQ in Shinjuku

Also, unless you ask and I clear it, you're Japanese. I would like one American though. Now, just because you're Japanese doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be racially Japanese. Case and point: Yasutora "Chad" Sado from Bleach.

Also, here is what MY character will look like:
Yamato.jpg

Hmm. The character I've been working on was a first year, but I guess I can tweak him. Weird question, but what's the school uniform like? I'm trying to get an idea of general appearance. And just to be clear, are we picking our own Arcana and Persona?

EDIT: I'm looking at a map of Shinjuku
for ideas for the name of the school and checking them against the internet to see if they exist already. I've come up with a few possibilities.

Okubo High School
Tenjin High School
Higashitoyama High School
Kikui High School

Those were the ones that jumped out at me, anyway.

Yes, you will pick your own Arcana (from a short list) and Persona. I do urge you, though, to use a picture of something other than an already established Persona/Shadow.

As for school uniform, just found some. (Ignore scarf and red coat)

Daichi.png
Io.jpg

Also, here's a list of current IRL high schools in Shinjuku: Public elementary and junior high schools in Shinjuku are operated by the Shinjuku City Board of Education. Public high schools are operated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Board of Education.

Hah. I'm probably going to end up drawing it myself, if I'm using a picture, given that I was totally custom designing the appearance.

Oh damn. I actually like those images. Do you have a link/name of the artist?

I saw most of those schools on the map or through looking up Shinjuku, yeah. Shinjuku Yamabuki is the big one.

Uhhh...scratch what I said about not using Shadows, aka Demons. Just make sure your Persona hasn't already been a Persona (ie, no using Jiraya, Izanagi, Orpheus, etc.)

I don't particularly care what the school/etc, are called but I do like the names Okubo and Toyama. For me, I don't feel it's particularily important to have the details in the game world match the real world exactly, but I'll do my best to work with what's given.

Anyway, based on what we've been given so far I have a profile written up and a play-by chosen. It's got everything a basic profile needs, but I'm going to wait till all the detailed information is up so I can throw in some specifics and make adjustments so she relates better to the world you've made. Not that I could post it now, I know you're not done. Just letting you know I'm still interested.

I think this'll be fun.

Actually, I'm looking for a name for your fictitious high school and fictitious hometown.

Oh. Herp. I'm not so familiar with Devil Survivor. My favorite subseries is Devil Summoner, with Persona a close second, and I've never played Digital Devil Saga but I am familiar with the characters. I've also played Nocturne out of the main SMT series.

Ah sorry my bad. I still do like Okubo and Toyama. A few ideas would be Kokoro (means heart/spirit I think), and Zazen town, which if you've ever played Goemon the mystical ninja you'll recognize as the town where the kids went disappearing.

Kokoro can mean either heart or mind. It would be a pretty unusual name for a town. As for the Goemon reference, I'm not sure that's appropriate to the tone... If we're going to use a reference to another fandom, I'd think something like Hinamizawa would be more appropriate.

Most place names in Japan are descriptive and end in suffixes or otherwise incorporate words like -sawa/zawa (swamp), -izumi (spring, as in water), -kawa (river), -yama (mountain or hill), -wara/hara (field or plain), -mori (forest), -ta/da (rice paddy), -mura (village), -cho/to (prefecture), and -hayashi/bayashi (also forest, not sure what the distinction is). Here
is a list of existing towns and cities in the Tokyo area.

Hrm...I've decided on Yumemura as the name of your hometown.
Still not sure what to name your High School. I'll probably find something in a few minutes. XD

Ok, I've decided on Oyama High School.

Should get OOC finished and up sometime this week.

Dream Village, huh?

Oyama sounds good. I liked both Okubo and Toyama, so it's like a compromise! Looking forward to OOC.

Kokoro can mean either heart or mind. It would be a pretty unusual name for a town. As for the Goemon reference, I'm not sure that's appropriate to the tone... If we're going to use a reference to another fandom, I'd think something like Hinamizawa would be more appropriate.

Most place names in Japan are descriptive and end in suffixes or otherwise incorporate words like -sawa/zawa (swamp), -izumi (spring, as in water), -kawa (river), -yama (mountain or hill), -wara/hara (field or plain), -mori (forest), -ta/da (rice paddy), -mura (village), -cho/to (prefecture), and -hayashi/bayashi (also forest, not sure what the distinction is). Here
is a list of existing towns and cities in the Tokyo area.

Yeah sorry about that. I thought I'd try to help, but I just took the first names that came to mind. I don't have a good -feel- for japanese words/names because I'm not a native speaker and honestly know nothing of the culture beyond a few shows and video games. To be honest I'm thinking I probably shouldn't join this rp for that reason now. Dialogue/references would probably sound too choppy if written by me. I can write, but anything cultural is kind of beyond me. So, it might be best if I sit this one out actually.

Yeah sorry about that. I thought I'd try to help, but I just took the first names that came to mind. I don't have a good -feel- for japanese words/names because I'm not a native speaker and honestly know nothing of the culture beyond a few shows and video games. To be honest I'm thinking I probably shouldn't join this rp for that reason now. Dialogue/references would probably sound too choppy if written by me. I can write, but anything cultural is kind of beyond me. So, it might be best if I sit this one out actually.
Oh man, I was just trying to provide input. I hope I didn't come off sounding like a jerk. Sorry if I did.