INTEREST CHECK Shin Megami Tensei: Persona RP

Will do, Grumpster.

Anyways, I've decided (minus minor details) on the mechanic: A hotel.

I was inspired by a recent Doctor Who episode, as well as The Shining. I may even simply use a picture of the hotel from The Shining. As with previous games, shadow activity will take place at night.

Anyways, most details are done, only a handful to go. Get ready.

Agreed. This is awesome.

Ok, more ploxxing* has been done by me.As you may know, the are many Japanese urban legends/myths about bath houses, inns, even whole villages that appear only under certain conditions, like in Spirited Away, for example. That is how this hotel is going to work. Now, you may think that this is just like the Persona games, but in Personas past, the rumors of the Dark Hour and the Rainy Night Televisions were recent things, the legends and rumors surrounding the hotel will be well embedded into the town you will live in.

Also, I have a name for the RP. Persona: Beginnings in Blue.

Right now I'm looking for a picture of an inn/hotel that I like.

Ok, so I found one I like. What do y'all think?
493478.jpg

That's all good. And the building is nice. I think since this is persona based, a more modern hotel (like this one) is better than a traditional. Also it's tall. So we'll have to climb stairs a lot, like in the actual game!

I hope you guys aren't starting the Rp yet because I would love to be in a Persona Rp (Huge Persona Fan)

Man, I'm still ploxxing. I haven't even made the OOC yet. As for the hotel...I guess it's modern, if you consider the 50s modern. I can tell you that the story in the town you live in is that the hotel was built back in the 50s during Japan's post-war reconstruction by an eccentric old man. Or at least, that was the plan. Many complications arose during initial construction, and numerous tragic accidents took place. Shortly after construction on the skeleton of the building was finished, the whole thing was canceled and torn down.

...Or was it?

Man, I'm still ploxxing. I haven't even made the OOC yet. As for the hotel...I guess it's modern, if you consider the 50s modern. I can tell you that the story in the town you live in is that the hotel was built back in the 50s during Japan's post-war reconstruction by an eccentric old man. Or at least, that was the plan. Many complications arose during initial construction, and numerous tragic accidents took place. Shortly after construction on the skeleton of the building was finished, the whole thing was canceled and torn down.

...Or was it?

That sounds like a pretty good backstory. Will it have like a Dark hour like in Persona 3 or are something similiar?

It has the hotel and something like the spirit world from Spirited Away.

Also, if you've seen the recent Doctor Who episode about the hotel where there's a room for everyone, and inside is their deepest, darkest, truest fear, it's something like that.

It has the hotel and something like the spirit world from Spirited Away.

Also, if you've seen the recent Doctor Who episode about the hotel where there's a room for everyone, and inside is their deepest, darkest, truest fear, it's something like that.

I have seen that Dr. Who episode and Spirited Away.....Where do I sign up for this because the way you have this being set up, it sounds like its going to be a worthwhile adventure.

I vote that there is a constantly moving elevator in it! Otherwise known as...
[h=1]Paternoster[/h]Its awesome. Look it up on the wiki.

Also, you know what would be ironic? A wheel chaired dude being strength.

Or is it? Strength = Self-control and disipline. He he he. Nice.

It would be hell getting into THAT elevator though.

Actually, can my character be that guy? The one in the wheel chair.

He is also American, though he has been in the area for half a year.

And he wasn't in the chair from birth.

-------------------

Um... Would anyone mind if he was the one who got his Persona the latest? In fact, he is in his 'fear" room. If our great GM would let us, I want to dictate the fear, which is actuality quite different frpm the others.

"Fear" of "Loss". Hehe.

I haven't even posted character sheets yet, geez. And I'll be assigning fears and their shadows/Inverse Arcana. Or at least assigning the shadow/inverse arcana, which you will then need to base your fear off of.

However, I am glad to have you be an American. I was hoping to have one foreigner. Note, ONE! And only ONE! As for how long you've been around, I'd prefer it if you were born in Japan, but have two American parents. You look like an American, yet grew up as a Japanese. Try as you might to fit in, you never feel as though you completely belong. DUN-DUN-DUNNN!

Also, to keep things fair/moving, you'll all get your personas at the same time.

Now as for sign up, there is no sign up yet. PATIENCE! IT'S A VIRTUE! AND MAYBE AN ARCANA! OR MAYBE NOT! ONLY TIME SHALL TELL, WEAK PITIFUL MORTALS!

Oh, and Raiu, get me a link for Paternoster, cause I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Finally...Rush, are you gonna keep quotin' me, son? Cause if'ye are, we might end up havin' ourselves what I like ter call a sitch-ee-ashun.

Ohmyholykitteninabasket.

This sounds awesome.

Actually, just place the bolded text in your search engine. Its simply a continuiously moving series of boxes that go up and down inside a building.

They move rather slow but you have to time it right or else you might get hurt.

I had several old campaigns based on this concept. What I did last time was force the players into a Shadowland, and provided them with their personae, based on their personality on their sheet.

I provided a sort of limit break system (to try and differentiate from persona) where the dark aspects of their persona take over. Like Asmo's Balder would wallow in paranoia as he hides in his golden hall. Rory's Hecate would engulf the field in a storm of magic and darkness.

oh lol those were the days. Too bad I got a short commitment span.

Nah. I didn't know you don't take kindly to people who quote you 'round here lol

Don't worry. Just messin' with you.

Seriously, though, try and cut back. I get a message every time someone quotes me, as well as a separate message every time there's a new post in this thread.

Don't worry. Just messin' with you.

Seriously, though, try and cut back. I get a message every time someone quotes me, as well as a separate message every time there's a new post in this thread.

You mean like this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////???????????????????????????

And character history restrictions... Ughhhhhh...

Oh well, I'll deal with it. I kinda like the idea of a former athlete getting in an accident costing him the use of his legs and his room being the mind f@#k kind in that he is in pain in there but he is reluctant to leave.

Good stuff.