Shifting Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caterina didn't back up as he leaned in closer because at first she thought he might be challenging her and she wouldn't back down before a challenge, either intellectual or physical....but then he didn't do anything and she frowned, completely confused as he continued to look at her. When his face got too close for comfort, she backed up and hissed a bit at him on instinct alone, and her voice was slightly waspish where it had been neutral before.

"Personal space is appreciated amongst strangers."

She hadn't the foggiest inkling of what he might have wanted or been doing in that moment. It had almost looked like he wanted to kiss her and that was so not happening. She didn't know him or the first thing about him! AND she didn't even like him. Tolerate, sure, but like...that was going to take some time....and that was if they found reason to stick with each other.

He walked away from her smiling. " So you coming with me?" he asked a bit amused. He couldn't keep it in. It was just too cute!"we'll need to go get new clothes" he smiled as he said.

A brow rose. "That depends; what reason do I have for coming with you?"

She moved after him slowly, once again avoiding the spots of sunlight and her head tilted, trying to listen beyond the waterfall to the sounds beyond but nothing reached her ears. It was frustrating. She hated not being able to walk in the day, had hated it since she was forced to become what she was and now she slumped back against a wall, looking around the cave again with a wrinkled nose. "You know, IF I come with you, we are not staying in anymore damn caves. You want to kill me with boredom."

Caterina sighed, looking back at him, studying. "So, where are you going?"

" I'm going far away from here ,you see, I'm going north to the land of the elves to get a weapon. Its a particular one, I cant get it anywhere else. Your welcome to come with me if you want but its going to take a while to get there and it won't be easy." He told her. Would this woman really risk her life to come with me?

Hmm...a challenge. And it's not like she had anything better to do while running for Alessio. Might as well run toward something...and besides, with how naive this Shifter was, he might need more protecting than her. Not that she should actually care - he WAS a Shifter....but a Shifter who hadn't done her any harm in the span of time they'd been together. Sure, he was strange, but he was also the first person she'd really talked to at length without them being dinner afterward.

Caterina looked at her nails that worked more like claws and she sighed, glancing at Zander side-long as she answered. "I'll come, but I am not promising to stay. Might be interesting seeing what this weapon is. I am assuming it works against vampires, yes?" Her pale gray eyes sharpened, hardened for a moment and a wild smile crept over her lips. "Any chance it could kill a vampire nearly a thousand years old?"

Oh, what she wouldn't give to be rid of Alessio for good...

He paused for a minute. Could he really give her this classifed info.He sighed to himself why not. Wait this the perfect time for an exchange. " kay tell you I can't tell you what the weapon is capable of but ill tell you this I'm the only one that can weild it because im from the Vendarth clan if anyone else not from the clan tried they would die and I'll kill your friend for you and give you freedom but what will you give me in return?" He said await her answer with glee.

"How about your life?"

The response comes easily, sarcastically and with a grin, but Caterina knows it's not what he wants to hear and isn't what he'll accept so she looks up at the cave ceiling and thinks very, very carefully about what she is actually willing to give for this kind of chance to be rid of her maker. That is, assuming Zander can actually do what he says he can do. And survives to find the weapon. And actually finds the weapon. And then can find Alessio.

Yeah, there are a lot of 'if' kind of factors playing in here, but even the chance...

The vampire finally starts to speak slowly, contemplating. "Well, I won't promise you loyalty or my life. There is no point in losing one chain to take up another. I highly doubt you want money or possessions and I can't give you immortality, so..." Caterina looked toward the male and she narrowed her eyes a bit and smirked. "Ahh, I see. Fine, if you can kill my maker, then I promise I'll come with you on this quest and I won't leave. I'll watch your back and you can watch mine. For all intents and purposes, we'll be partners and equals. Is that what you want?"

He really wanted a friendship so he wouldn't be lonely anymore, but this would suffice. "Deal. Now We'll need to get some have some clothes so if you'll excuse me, I'll be right back" he said and transformed into a human one of his old friends from long ago and took off into the forest toward an old trading village. While there he bought two hooded long cloaks, warm clothes for their long cold journey, Boots for the hike, and two horses. Then he arrived back with the goods, washed up, threw on the new good and burn there old clothes and waited for her with a smile.

Oh heavens. They'd gone back to the middle ages.

Caterina stared at what he'd gotten. The cloaks...okay that might come in handy...until they reached a city and people looked at them like they were crazy. At least the shoes were modern and the clothes were semi-modern. The vampire shook her head and then tilted it, giving the male a look like she was trying to decide if he was real or not. "You do realize they have things like cars and planes now, right?"

She didn't really expect much of a response and instead moved away to change. The long sleeves, pants and gloves would keep her covered and the cloak would work to keep her face out of the sun, but Caterina was still on edge as she moved out of the cave and to the horses. Being out in the light could kill her permanently this time and she wasn't exactly fond of pain or permanent death.

The vampire mounted one of the horses with ease. She hadn't ridden in a long time, but the skill had never departed and now she looked at Zander from beneath her head, raising a brow. "We're not traveling like this the whole way and if you think we are, you're out of your mind."

" Well we're not going through the city looking like this, that's why we have all this stuff...to protect us form the elements as we make our way through the forrest and mountains..its freezing over there if you didn't know" He scoffed, insulted that she thought him to be an idiot. He started off first.

Status
Not open for further replies.