Shield of Tomorrow

• Thread starter Thuro 116 Pendragon
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludger Draws his Swords at the revelation of the eight armed figure, and sides in this case with the people in the van as well*

"Tell me, Lady with the Many Arms, Are you a Divergence Catalyst?"

Tales+of+the+World+Reve+Unitia+-+Arte+01.jpg

(Only With more Surprise.)

Last edited:
Lucifer looked at the chaos that had just happened. Then the woman asked them to pick who they were going to trust. " I have a strange feeling that both of the choices are going to end poorly. I am going to place my trust in the van people, something tell me that miss eight arms isn't trustworthy," he said. " What do you think?" He asked Kara.

Lincoln looked at the scene and was trying to figure out the mess. " What's your approach?" He asked Plagueis, going to follow his lead.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @york @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkisssian
Assassins.” The french woman agreed, spitting out the name like a curse. At Lucifer's question, she swung her teal eyes upon the fallen angel. “They attack with impunity, take what isn't theirs. They are a parasite on the world, and the sooner the fuckers die, the better. Que leur sang mouille mon fouet et de la vie, car personne ne pleurera leur passage.
At Lucifer's question she snorted. “Assassins have no prisons. Take no prisoners. The one thing I can respect the pigs for. If the Assassin's do have your Lost Souls, then you can say a prayer for them.”

Then the cloaked Munn came up to her, waving his hand like a used car salesman, ridiculously demanding her loyalty and answers from her… which there was no reason for her not to. They were on the same side after all. Allies shared with allies.

Three weeks ago, Lost Souls came to us looking for answers about one of our weapons. The arrogant loudmouth that is John Crichton tried to throw his weight around as if we were civilians. Ha! He soon learned his lesson. John Crichton and his Souls are our greates-...”

Just as Mistral was about to finish her sentence, she was interrupted, snapping her out of the trance that Plagueis had put her under. With a mighty honking of the horn, the omniversally despised Party Van exploded out of a nearby parking garage, listing dangerously in the air before promptly flipping over. In the passenger seat, a terrified looking little man with glasses and spiky dark hair was clutching his seatbelt and appeared to be screaming at the top of his lungs. Beside him was a determined looking woman, her own hair cut tomboyishly short with a large pair of headphones wrapped around her neck. She had a sort a look of determination and crazy glee on her face, the kind you don't want to see on anyone within fifty feet of active machinery. The shipping van descended quickly, caught in a bitchy argument with gravity that gravity appeared to be winning.

Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me; I ain't the brightest tool in the shed.

The very back of the van clipped the edge of one of the shipping containers, flipping it perfectly onto it's wheels.

shaun_hastings_by_kittehreno-d5n1590.png

Shaun Hastings-glasses man- hadn't appeared to be simultaneously screaming and yelling something along the lines of: never ever let a skydiving adrenaline freak have my car keys again.

c9f3af54264d79bfe13d92321a50db08.png

Rebecca Crane-the driver that acted like Evel Knievel-just ignored him. She was too pumped from that awesome stunt. Though, even she had something to complain about as she turned and looked into the back of the van at an unknown person. “It was really crappy you didn't let us try the plane trick from the A-Team.”

Shaun rolled down the window and puked his guts out.

Tres bon.” The french woman exclaimed, the shock on her face quickly changing to one of glee. With an elegant flourish, she threw off her violet cloak revealing…

tumblr_n0scfaJy3T1rdn7xdo1_500.gif

Jen pointedly focused her eyes on the weaponry the woman was packing. A whip of some kind of unknown material was coiled around her waist, the woman casually rolling it out with a flick of the wrist. The woman herself was… wrong. Parts of her flesh was melded to machine, which even extended slightly onto her face, something Jen hadn't noticed before. She was wearing a savage grin of joy. “I'm going to enjoy this.”

latest

The back of the van slid up, revealing another woman, much less ridiculous looking than either Shaun or Rebecca. She was holding a complex looking rocket launcher with the words 'World Marshall' written on the side and wore a no nonsense expression that warned she wasn't afraid to use it. “I wouldn't start anything Mistral. We're just here for our contact.” The woman-Bishop-looked over the Shield. “That she tried to intercept.”

Lies!” Mistral exclaimed vehemently. “John Crichton and his Souls were our allies against these before they killed him.”

Bishop cocked an eyebrow at the woman, then looked at the various members of the Shield. “Do we really look like the type that'd be able to take out your friends?” She not very subtle inclined her head in the direction of the dynamic duo up front, puking their guts out and dancing a little victory dance respectively. “You're going to have to decide who you trust. I'd take a bet on the woobies.”

@Cromartie Sarkissian @FireDrake150 @LuckycoolHawk9 @york
Darth Plagueis bit down against his leathery Muun lips and let out a quiet grunt through his teeth. The multiple armed lady, the van club, Crichton; they were all one step ahead of him, keeping him in the dark for as long as possible. How he hated being on a 'need to know' basis; it stirred a toxic sense of uneasiness within him...

The Jedi had always proclaimed that the force drove a being's instinct, guiding him, her or it towards some sort of higher destiny. What they neglected to proclaim was how easy such instincts were to manipulate, especially by those attuned to the dark side of the force- those who truly controlled the force. As both a Muun and a Sith, Plagueis relied on his instincts to a minimum- logic and experience were far greater tools in order to meet his ends. Yet, as his old master had sought to teach him, he was willing to use every weapon at his disposal- those of the mind and of the gut

Thus, the old man reaches out with the force, touching the hearts of those seeking to recruit him and his allies. He would rummage through the white lies and half truths, pushing them aside like the trash they were. He would remove the adjectives and hyperboles, play detective with their body language, and all in all find the truth

Yet he could not

The recent shifts within the force had left it cracked- just like it had been after the fall of the dynasty of the first empire, and the massacre of the dark side beings. The disappearance of another Darth seemed to have rocked the life force to its core- using it as a magnifying glass for the soul would be near impossible

He was blind

Insult to injury

Even his analytical eye war rendered useless- it would be an incredibly strenuous task to read the body language of several dozen armed woman...

"Demon..." Plagueis whispered in response to Luci's question, barely moving his lips in order to conceal his words from any onlookers "We must trust the children in the van. That woman- that mutant with multiple arms- I scan her...Her body language is unreadable too. Yes...she may be powerful, but she is a 'loose cannon' so to say." His tone changed to a deeper, sterner tone "You and I are quite similar, Devil- we both know how to choose- and how to make- a winning side. To win, you need obedient troops; manipulatable troops. We will only find the level of control if we side with the children in van"

Assassins.” The french woman agreed, spitting out the name like a curse. At Lucifer's question, she swung her teal eyes upon the fallen angel. “They attack with impunity, take what isn't theirs. They are a parasite on the world, and the sooner the fuckers die, the better. Que leur sang mouille mon fouet et de la vie, car personne ne pleurera leur passage.
At Lucifer's question she snorted. “Assassins have no prisons. Take no prisoners. The one thing I can respect the pigs for. If the Assassin's do have your Lost Souls, then you can say a prayer for them.”

Then the cloaked Munn came up to her, waving his hand like a used car salesman, ridiculously demanding her loyalty and answers from her… which there was no reason for her not to. They were on the same side after all. Allies shared with allies.

Three weeks ago, Lost Souls came to us looking for answers about one of our weapons. The arrogant loudmouth that is John Crichton tried to throw his weight around as if we were civilians. Ha! He soon learned his lesson. John Crichton and his Souls are our greates-...”

Just as Mistral was about to finish her sentence, she was interrupted, snapping her out of the trance that Plagueis had put her under. With a mighty honking of the horn, the omniversally despised Party Van exploded out of a nearby parking garage, listing dangerously in the air before promptly flipping over. In the passenger seat, a terrified looking little man with glasses and spiky dark hair was clutching his seatbelt and appeared to be screaming at the top of his lungs. Beside him was a determined looking woman, her own hair cut tomboyishly short with a large pair of headphones wrapped around her neck. She had a sort a look of determination and crazy glee on her face, the kind you don't want to see on anyone within fifty feet of active machinery. The shipping van descended quickly, caught in a bitchy argument with gravity that gravity appeared to be winning.

Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me; I ain't the brightest tool in the shed.

The very back of the van clipped the edge of one of the shipping containers, flipping it perfectly onto it's wheels.

shaun_hastings_by_kittehreno-d5n1590.png

Shaun Hastings-glasses man- hadn't appeared to be simultaneously screaming and yelling something along the lines of: never ever let a skydiving adrenaline freak have my car keys again.

c9f3af54264d79bfe13d92321a50db08.png

Rebecca Crane-the driver that acted like Evel Knievel-just ignored him. She was too pumped from that awesome stunt. Though, even she had something to complain about as she turned and looked into the back of the van at an unknown person. “It was really crappy you didn't let us try the plane trick from the A-Team.”

Shaun rolled down the window and puked his guts out.

Tres bon.” The french woman exclaimed, the shock on her face quickly changing to one of glee. With an elegant flourish, she threw off her violet cloak revealing…

tumblr_n0scfaJy3T1rdn7xdo1_500.gif

Jen pointedly focused her eyes on the weaponry the woman was packing. A whip of some kind of unknown material was coiled around her waist, the woman casually rolling it out with a flick of the wrist. The woman herself was… wrong. Parts of her flesh was melded to machine, which even extended slightly onto her face, something Jen hadn't noticed before. She was wearing a savage grin of joy. “I'm going to enjoy this.”

latest

The back of the van slid up, revealing another woman, much less ridiculous looking than either Shaun or Rebecca. She was holding a complex looking rocket launcher with the words 'World Marshall' written on the side and wore a no nonsense expression that warned she wasn't afraid to use it. “I wouldn't start anything Mistral. We're just here for our contact.” The woman-Bishop-looked over the Shield. “That she tried to intercept.”

Lies!” Mistral exclaimed vehemently. “John Crichton and his Souls were our allies against these before they killed him.”

Bishop cocked an eyebrow at the woman, then looked at the various members of the Shield. “Do we really look like the type that'd be able to take out your friends?” She not very subtle inclined her head in the direction of the dynamic duo up front, puking their guts out and dancing a little victory dance respectively. “You're going to have to decide who you trust. I'd take a bet on the woobies.”

@Cromartie Sarkissian @FireDrake150 @LuckycoolHawk9 @york
Lucifer looked at the chaos that had just happened. Then the woman asked them to pick who they were going to trust. " I have a strange feeling that both of the choices are going to end poorly. I am going to place my trust in the van people, something tell me that miss eight arms isn't trustworthy," he said. " What do you think?" He asked Kara.

Lincoln looked at the scene and was trying to figure out the mess. " What's your approach?" He asked Plagueis, going to follow his lead.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @york @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkisssian
Kara In-Ze (Supergirl)
@Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Cromartie Sarkissian

Kara thought about this for a solid good moments, weighting her options.

Party van? Or suspicious sounding french lady?

Well, the options in front of her actually became pretty clear after a moment...

C61W8J5.gif

"I'll take the van." She said simply.

And there we have it, looks like she was with Lucifer on this one.

Reactions: FireDrake150
Am I a divergent catalyst?” Mistral asked in surprise. “Yes. I suppose I am. I have diverged from the hypocrisy of society, the greedy politicians that take and take, and hold back us from following what we believe in. [French for 'I miss you, beloved Armstrong.” The woman drew a knife from her side and absentmindedly started twirling it from hand to hand, all eight of them. “I am a catalyst for the changes within our society, killing for what I believe. I suppose that is the one place where I can stand on an equal ground with the Assassins.”

Bishop's lip curled at the suggestion that she and Mistral shared anything other than a gender.

Then Legion attempted to give her a command, and she just gave him a baleful look, muttering a less than pleasant phrase in french and giving a try-it look. Her look further degenerated into a snarl as Lucifer shot her down as well. Her grip on the staff-it had shifted from whip to staff somehow-tightened. “Fools. Siding with the weak that cannot stomach necessary measures. I'll slay yo-...”

She cut off in the middle of her sentence, seeming to stare at a spot nowhere in particular. Her snarl deepened, and her throat appeared to be working, but she wasn't speaking. Suddenly, her entire posture shifted from angry animal back to alluring siren. She relaxed the whip, coiling it back into a lasso at her side, and winked flirtatiously at Ludger.

Go with your new Assassin friends.” She said sweetly. “Come to us when you have gone nowhere. We can always use a few good men.”

She flicked a business card at Jen, who tried to catch it out of the air, failing spectacularly as she tripped over her feet and came within two inches of faceplanting completely. Mistral smirked knowingly at the girl's new-found clumsiness and sauntered off, giving everyone a good look as she walked into the darkness. Jen grumbled as she picked herself and the card off the ground. It was a stylized logo that read World Marshall

That was… odd.” Jen commented.

With Mistral's departure Bishop sighed a deep breath of relief and lowered the rocket. “That was a bluff you know.” The Assassin woman confessed to the group. “That wouldn't have killed her. It might not have even hurt her, and she knew it.” Then more thoughtfully, she added; “She didn't seem interested in fighting until you refused her. What does she want?” That last part was a near silent murmur to herself, another puzzle to ponder.

I'll give you all the answers I have, which I'm going to warn you now isn't a lot. But first, get to the choppah get in the van.”

Yes of course. Get in the van with the nice strangers. We have ice cream and TV and we'll take good care of you.” The voice drifted out up from the front, a rather nasally British tone that seemed a little strained from a massive amount of lunch recently passing the wrong way through it.

Bishop ignored her English counterpart, instead focusing on the important. “If Mistral changes her mind and cuts us off, we won't be able to stop her. Especially if she brings backup. Please, get in the van.”

Jen peered uncertainty at the inside of the van. It was rather roomy, but there were a lot of people on her team. “We might not all fit.” Jen pointed out.

Would you bloody hell rather walk-...ow.” The last part of his statement was overlaid with the sound of a leather glove hitting pasty nerd skin.

I know I rather would.” Shaun added sulkily.

Gritting her teeth at the prospect of having to be shoved up at the Muun-who always seemed to smell like mildew and rot, something she wasn't sure she'd have been able to do if she wasn't mystically attuned-she climbed into the van and sat in the far corner. Of course, she wouldn't mind having to sit next to Trunks, and at least Ludger's personal hygiene didn't leave something to be desired. Fuck it if she had to sit to next to bigboobmcgee though.

When they were all situated in the hypercompression chamber, Bishop continued, still managing to somehow look elegant and resourceful despite being in the rather undignified position of having the comatose Crichton propped against her shoulder.

I don't know where to begin.” She admitted. “You're offworlders, and probably don't have access to intelligence about the exploits of… everybody. We live in a complicated world of cybernetics, vigilantes, and ancient dueling orders.”

Surprisingly it was Rebecca that interrupted this time. “Clearly you've never played a JRPG. All this stuff is simple.”

Because Rebecca wasn't the butt monkey of the group, she didn't get reprimanded for her interruption, and Bishop continued as if she hadn't heard her. “It's too much to give you a crash course in, and a lot of it doesn't have to do with your mission to find Lost Souls.”

Bishop spread her hands, gesturing for them to begin their questioning. Plageuis in particular should appreciate this, finally getting some of the answers to their questions.

Ludger sheathes his swords, And looks at everyone once in the van. "A Divergence Catalyst... destroy her, And the dimention itself will cease to exist.... and all its people......" He sighs. "we have to keep her alive until we find our people... That much is obvious...."

@Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Lucifer wasn't one to do small talk. He wanted to get right to the core of the matter. " So, let's cut all the typical nonsense. What can you tell us about John's prison? What about Lost Souls? Is there anyone else we should be worried about? Also, Kara, you can add anything I missed," he said.

Lincoln looked at them. " It would be nice to know your names, I'm Lincoln," he said to the assassins.

@york @Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Am I a divergent catalyst?” Mistral asked in surprise. “Yes. I suppose I am. I have diverged from the hypocrisy of society, the greedy politicians that take and take, and hold back us from following what we believe in. [French for 'I miss you, beloved Armstrong.” The woman drew a knife from her side and absentmindedly started twirling it from hand to hand, all eight of them. “I am a catalyst for the changes within our society, killing for what I believe. I suppose that is the one place where I can stand on an equal ground with the Assassins.”

Bishop's lip curled at the suggestion that she and Mistral shared anything other than a gender.

Then Legion attempted to give her a command, and she just gave him a baleful look, muttering a less than pleasant phrase in french and giving a try-it look. Her look further degenerated into a snarl as Lucifer shot her down as well. Her grip on the staff-it had shifted from whip to staff somehow-tightened. “Fools. Siding with the weak that cannot stomach necessary measures. I'll slay yo-...”

She cut off in the middle of her sentence, seeming to stare at a spot nowhere in particular. Her snarl deepened, and her throat appeared to be working, but she wasn't speaking. Suddenly, her entire posture shifted from angry animal back to alluring siren. She relaxed the whip, coiling it back into a lasso at her side, and winked flirtatiously at Ludger.

Go with your new Assassin friends.” She said sweetly. “Come to us when you have gone nowhere. We can always use a few good men.”

She flicked a business card at Jen, who tried to catch it out of the air, failing spectacularly as she tripped over her feet and came within two inches of faceplanting completely. Mistral smirked knowingly at the girl's new-found clumsiness and sauntered off, giving everyone a good look as she walked into the darkness. Jen grumbled as she picked herself and the card off the ground. It was a stylized logo that read World Marshall

With Mistral's departure Bishop sighed a deep breath of relief and lowered the rocket. “That was a bluff you know.” The Assassin woman confessed to the group. “That wouldn't have killed her. It might not have even hurt her, and she knew it.” Then more thoughtfully, she added; “She didn't seem interested in fighting until you refused her. What does she want?” That last part was a near silent murmur to herself, another puzzle to ponder.

I'll give you all the answers I have, which I'm going to warn you now isn't a lot. But first, get to the choppah get in the van.”

Yes of course. Get in the van with the nice strangers. We have ice cream and TV and we'll take good care of you.” The voice drifted out up from the front, a rather nasally British tone that seemed a little strained from a massive amount of lunch recently passing the wrong way through it.

Bishop ignored her English counterpart, instead focusing on the important. “If Mistral changes her mind and cuts us off, we won't be able to stop her. Especially if she brings backup. Please, get in the van.”

Jen peered uncertainty at the inside of the van. It was rather roomy, but there were a lot of people on her team. “We might not all fit.” Jen pointed out.

Would you bloody hell rather walk-...ow.” The last part of his statement was overlaid with the sound of a leather glove hitting pasty nerd skin.

Gritting her teeth at the prospect of having to be shoved up at the Muun-who always seemed to smell like mildew and rot, something she wasn't sure she'd have been able to do if she wasn't mystically attuned-she climbed into the van and sat in the far corner. Of course, she wouldn't mind having to sit next to Trunks, and at least Ludger's personal hygiene didn't leave something to be desired. Fuck it if she had to sit to next to bigboobmcgee though.

When they were all situated in the hypercompression chamber, Bishop continued, still managing to somehow look elegant and resourceful despite being in the rather undignified position of having the comatose Crichton propped against her shoulder.

I don't know where to begin.” She admitted. “You're offworlders, and probably don't have access to intelligence about the exploits of… everybody. We live in a complicated world of cybernetics, vigilantes, and ancient dueling orders.”

Surprisingly it was Rebecca that interrupted this time. “Clearly you've never played a JRPG. All this stuff is simple.”

Because Rebecca wasn't the butt monkey of the group, she didn't get reprimanded for her interruption, and Bishop continued as if she hadn't heard her. “It's too much to give you a crash course in, and a lot of it doesn't have to do with your mission to find Lost Souls.”

Bishop spread her hands, gesturing for them to begin their questioning. Plageuis in particular should appreciate this, finally getting some of the answers to their questions.
"Trust me luv'," said David, pointing at the French woman. "Soon as you hit 30 or start goin' grey, you'll be crawlin' back to us."
"Anyways!" he said to his new friends, clasping his hands together. "I've been waitin' to ask this all day..."
He coughed, paused for composure, leaving them in suspense, until..."Who are the bloody Lost Souls?!"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

Lucifer wasn't one to do small talk. He wanted to get right to the core of the matter. " So, let's cut all the typical nonsense. What can you tell us about John's prison? What about Lost Souls? Is there anyone else we should be worried about? Also, Kara, you can add anything I missed," he said.

Lincoln looked at them. " It would be nice to know your names, I'm Lincoln," he said to the assassins.

Kara In-Ze (Supergirl)
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Being out of the loop sure did take a toll on Kara's mind, and it showed... She looked a little irritated, granted this was not really directed towards anyone in particular.

3Ehq14S.gif

"Well... I'd LIKE to know what we're up against..." she muttered under her breath.

It was apparent that she simply didn't like being out of the loop, period, probably least of all in a world where she could barely grasp the powers the people here possessed, let alone why hers were hampered, despite the sun being, for the most part... Yellow, that was perhaps the nail in the coffin. She had gotten so used to being at full strength all the time back on earth, that she might just be going into a little bit of withdrawal when her powers were weakened.

The woman nodded agreeably. That was a fair request. "The stuntwoman driving the van is Rebecca, she manages our tech." A fairly enthused 'Sup' issued from the drivers seat. "The man beside her is-..." A reedy voice cut interrupted her sentence. "The bloody king of Europe and don't you forget it."

Grimacing, the woman continued; "Shaun, our tactical support. And my name is..." She hesitated for a moment, before continuing. "Lilah. I keep these two from stabbing each other."

For some odd reason she had an amused glint in her eyes as she said it.
"I can't answer that." She held up a hand, forestalling any angry objections about being lead around. "I mean, I don't know. I only know one thing, and that's where the next link in Lost Souls is. And that..."
"Anyways!" he said to his new friends, clasping his hands together. "I've been waitin' to ask this all day..."
He coughed, paused for composure, leaving them in suspense, until..."Who are the bloody Lost Souls?!"

There was a long pause in the van after that. Cautiously, Jen was about to ask if the amnestics had permanently wiped his long term memory, when a soft voice answered his question.

Wjsuw90.png

"Lost Souls are a group of really really frelled up folks, bad men and woman working for a good damn purpose. I was one of them, back when we were the Ninth Team. I gave their mission, and big bro broke them free of the chains that the Sonheidran had over them. And it was a damn good mission at that son. To save the whole world from the rotten parts inside of it the only way we know how..." A small smile formed over the man's lips, oddly mad, and oddly glad. "Kicking and screaming and tearing the whole thing down."

Jack Crichton leaned up under his own power, stretching stiff shoulders and giving Jen a wink. "Can't kill me. Contractual immortality."

hH7yP4J.jpg

Jack Crichton stood up in the crowded van, a feat of superhuman prowess itself, and proudly proclaimed to the universe. "I am Jack Crichton, and I dodged the bullet again."

~~~~

“Are you sure you can pull it off idoso. You've spent a lot of energy already.” The Samurai asked, concern coloring his voice. Jerkass to most of the world he may be, but that didn't preclude the man that had brought the most important thing in the world back to him.

“What? Having second thoughts are we? It's not like, I don't know, you're the one that's doing any of the hard work.” Came the sarcasm laced voice of the Assassin, taunting his irritating companion.

“Oh? And removing Armstrong? What do you call that?”

“Grunt work. Any one of us could have taken that mad dog out.”

“I'd like to have seen you do it.”

“Knock it off. Don't make me turn this entire project around.” The Punished Man's voice cut in, stopping the other two's arguing. Sometimes, he swore the two were going to kill each other the simplest of stuff, like whether or not to get sausage or pepperoni. Of course, he would have killed both of them if they'd suggested anchovies, so maybe it would be best not to judge. “The Shield brought the last one. We can save them.”

“All of this riding upon the two teams. They'll fail, you know that.”

“Of course they'll fail. No one wins without losing.” The man closed his eyes, embracing what lay inside of him. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't good. It was the thing that said winning was losing, that to save a life you must take it. “Now shut up. It's time.”

Swirling winds began to flutter around the man as his eyes rolled back in his sockets. The air shifted around him, something ancient, and yet completely new shifting. Unaware of it's action, gravity cut out beneath the man, causing him to float among the stars and speak to them.

I am the Bane of my Reality
Eternity is truth, Destiny is Absolution
I am the limitation of a thousand failures and million victories
Reality is Resolution, and Mankind is crushed by the fate of a thousand unsung wishes
Cycles loop and all is lost
Contradiction is Absolution, and Eternity is Finite
A thousand failures are a million victories
Resolution is Reality, and a thousand unsung wishes are defeated by man
Contradiction is truth, and I reject Twin Destiny Incarnate
I am the Master of my Reality and I declare
Nothing is real, Everything is possible

And then the stars spoke back.

~~~~

Inside the van, chaos rained as Corrin, Camilla, Mukuro, Jenson, Two, Ludger, Lincoln, Haller and Crichton disappeared in a flash of bright light.

~~~~

The Punished Man suddenly flinched, looking up at the Brazilian as he knelt on the cold hard ground. That little stunt had taken a lot of energy, and it was only the start of things to come. He only prayed that he had enough power left in his old body to make it to the end. As he closed his eyes, the sight of where he'd accidentally sent half the team tortured him, filled him with a guilt that he'd live with for the rest of his life.

"I sent them to hell swordsman. I sent them to fucking hell."

~~~~

chauvet-jingle-ball-1-web.jpg

Corrin, Camilla, Mukuro, Jenson and Two suddenly found themselves in a mob of writhing people while Justin Bieber played onstage. He appeared to be onstage singing 'Baby', and was in the full swing of things.

Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
You know you love me, I know you care
Just shout whenever and I’ll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never ever ever be apart
Are we an item? Girl, quit playing
We’re just friends, what are you saying?
Said "There’s another," and looked right in my eyes
My first love broke my heart for the first time and I was like
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Like baby, baby, baby no oh
Thought you’d always be mine, mine
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Oh, for you I would have done whatever
And I just can’t believe we ain't together
And I wanna play it cool, but I'm losing you
I'll buy you anything, I'll buy you any ring
And I'm in pieces, baby, fix me
And just shake me 'til you wake me from this bad dream
I'm going down, down, down, down
And I just can’t believe my first love won’t be around and I'm like
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
(Luda)
When I was 13, I had my first love, there was nobody that compared to my baby
And nobody came between us, no one could ever come above
She had me going crazy, oh, I was star-struck
She woke me up daily, don’t need no Starbucks
She made my heart pound, and skip a beat when I see her in the street and
At school on the playground, but I really want to see her on the weekend
She knows she's got me dazing, cause she was so amazing
And now my heart is breaking, but I just keep on saying
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
I'm gone, yeah yeah yeah
Now I'm all gone, yeah yeah yeah
Now I'm all gone, gone, gone, I'm gone

This would be the time when they were obligated to let out a 'Damn you, damn you all to hell."

~~~~

Meanwhile, Ludger, Crichton, Lincoln and Haller found themselves on the ground with a man in front of them. His eyes were bloodshot, and madness surrounded him with an oppressive air. He was sitting dociley for the moment, but had the aura of a spooked dog that could pounce at any moment. And then, and then he began spouting something that can't be described, only heard.

tumblr_m6t2tctrOe1r0my4jo1_500.png

“You see my dear doctors? I'm really not insane. I'm just waiting for my master, who will make me well again. I'm really not insane. There's nothing wrong inside my head. You only see a man in pain, waiting for the raising of the dead. The master is at hand. Mere mortals cannot understand, the precious gifts he can bestow, I demand you let me go. To do his bidding, to be his slave, an immortal such as he, can save his servant, from the grave, he has promised this to me.”

“I feel the presence of the sweetest stranger, she has an angel's face beyond compare. I sense the pretty woman is in danger, her's is the fate I long to share. I'm really not insane. I kill these liars filled with spies so that my body will retain some spark of life by their demise. My lord will soon be here for I can feel him drawing near.”

fTrtgbG.jpg

Jack Crichton stood, much less triumphantly, and not so proudly proclaimed to the universe, "I am Jack Crichton, and I spoke way too soon."

~~~~

Inside the suddenly much less crowded van, Jennifer snarled and grabbed Lilah by the collar, shoving her against the wall of the van. Jen's eyes were flashing green, a sure warning sign, as she snarled; "What did you do with my team? If you've hurt them I'll kill you."

Lincoln looked over at the ground and looked over at Critchon. " Wait a minute, I am not- well, that might be problematic," he said, noticing that he was not bound to Darth anymore. He looked over at the man. " So, is there a plan?"

@FireDrake150 @Mighty Roman @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Lucifer looked over at the group going visiting and paused. " So, I imagine that this puts a hitch in our plan, which somehow is not news to me." he said.

@york @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian

The woman nodded agreeably. That was a fair request. "The stuntwoman driving the van is Rebecca, she manages our tech." A fairly enthused 'Sup' issued from the drivers seat. "The man beside her is-..." A reedy voice cut interrupted her sentence. "The bloody king of Europe and don't you forget it."

Grimacing, the woman continued; "Shaun, our tactical support. And my name is..." She hesitated for a moment, before continuing. "Lilah. I keep these two from stabbing each other."

For some odd reason she had an amused glint in her eyes as she said it.

"I can't answer that." She held up a hand, forestalling any angry objections about being lead around. "I mean, I don't know. I only know one thing, and that's where the next link in Lost Souls is. And that..."

There was a long pause in the van after that. Cautiously, Jen was about to ask if the amnestics had permanently wiped his long term memory, when a soft voice answered his question.

Wjsuw90.png

"Lost Souls are a group of really really frelled up folks, bad men and woman working for a good damn purpose. I was one of them, back when we were the Ninth Team. I gave their mission, and big bro broke them free of the chains that the Sonheidran had over them. And it was a damn good mission at that son. To save the whole world from the rotten parts inside of it the only way we know how..." A small smile formed over the man's lips, oddly mad, and oddly glad. "Kicking and screaming and tearing the whole thing down."

Jack Crichton leaned up under his own power, stretching stiff shoulders and giving Jen a wink. "Can't kill me. Contractual immortality."

hH7yP4J.jpg

Jack Crichton stood up in the crowded van, a feat of superhuman prowess itself, and proudly proclaimed to the universe. "I am Jack Crichton, and I dodged the bullet again."

~~~~

“Are you sure you can pull it off idoso. You've spent a lot of energy already.” The Samurai asked, concern coloring his voice. Jerkass to most of the world he may be, but that didn't preclude the man that had brought the most important thing in the world back to him.

“What? Having second thoughts are we? It's not like, I don't know, you're the one that's doing any of the hard work.” Came the sarcasm laced voice of the Assassin, taunting his irritating companion.

“Oh? And removing Armstrong? What do you call that?”

“Grunt work. Any one of us could have taken that mad dog out.”

“I'd like to have seen you do it.”

“Knock it off. Don't make me turn this entire project around.” The Punished Man's voice cut in, stopping the other two's arguing. Sometimes, he swore the two were going to kill each other the simplest of stuff, like whether or not to get sausage or pepperoni. Of course, he would have killed both of them if they'd suggested anchovies, so maybe it would be best not to judge. “The Shield brought the last one. We can save them.”

“All of this riding upon the two teams. They'll fail, you know that.”

“Of course they'll fail. No one wins without losing.” The man closed his eyes, embracing what lay inside of him. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't good. It was the thing that said winning was losing, that to save a life you must take it. “Now shut up. It's time.”

Swirling winds began to flutter around the man as his eyes rolled back in his sockets. The air shifted around him, something ancient, and yet completely new shifting. Unaware of it's action, gravity cut out beneath the man, causing him to float among the stars and speak to them.

I am the Bane of my Reality
Eternity is truth, Destiny is Absolution
I am the limitation of a thousand failures and million victories
Reality is Resolution, and Mankind is crushed by the fate of a thousand unsung wishes
Cycles loop and all is lost
Contradiction is Absolution, and Eternity is Finite
A thousand failures are a million victories
Resolution is Reality, and a thousand unsung wishes are defeated by man
Contradiction is truth, and I reject Twin Destiny Incarnate
I am the Master of my Reality and I declare
Nothing is real, Everything is possible

And then the stars spoke back.

~~~~

Inside the van, chaos rained as Corrin, Camilla, Mukuro, Jenson, Two, Ludger, Lincoln, Haller and Crichton disappeared in a flash of bright light.

~~~~

The Punished Man suddenly flinched, looking up at the Brazilian as he knelt on the cold hard ground. That little stunt had taken a lot of energy, and it was only the start of things to come. He only prayed that he had enough power left in his old body to make it to the end. As he closed his eyes, the sight of where he'd accidentally sent half the team tortured him, filled him with a guilt that he'd live with for the rest of his life.

"I sent them to hell swordsman. I sent them to fucking hell."

~~~~

chauvet-jingle-ball-1-web.jpg

Corrin, Camilla, Mukuro, Jenson and Two suddenly found themselves in a mob of writhing people while Justin Bieber played onstage. He appeared to be onstage singing 'Baby', and was in the full swing of things.

Oh whoa
Oh whoa
Oh whoa
You know you love me, I know you care
Just shout whenever and I’ll be there
You are my love, you are my heart
And we will never ever ever be apart
Are we an item? Girl, quit playing
We’re just friends, what are you saying?
Said "There’s another," and looked right in my eyes
My first love broke my heart for the first time and I was like
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Oh, for you I would have done whatever
And I just can’t believe we ain't together
And I wanna play it cool, but I'm losing you
I'll buy you anything, I'll buy you any ring
And I'm in pieces, baby, fix me
And just shake me 'til you wake me from this bad dream
I'm going down, down, down, down
And I just can’t believe my first love won’t be around and I'm like
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
(Luda)
When I was 13, I had my first love, there was nobody that compared to my baby
And nobody came between us, no one could ever come above
She had me going crazy, oh, I was star-struck
She woke me up daily, don’t need no Starbucks
She made my heart pound, and skip a beat when I see her in the street and
At school on the playground, but I really want to see her on the weekend
She knows she's got me dazing, cause she was so amazing
And now my heart is breaking, but I just keep on saying
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
Baby, baby, baby oh
Like baby, baby, baby no
I'm gone, yeah yeah yeah
Now I'm all gone, gone, gone, I'm gone

This would be the time when they were obligated to let out a 'Damn you, damn you all to hell."

~~~~

Meanwhile, Ludger, Crichton, Lincoln and Haller found themselves on the ground with a man in front of them. His eyes were bloodshot, and madness surrounded him with an oppressive air. He was sitting dociley for the moment, but had the aura of a spooked dog that could pounce at any moment. And then, and then he began spouting something that can't be described, only heard.

tumblr_m6t2tctrOe1r0my4jo1_500.png

“You see my dear doctors? I'm really not insane. I'm just waiting for my master, who will make me well again. I'm really not insane. There's nothing wrong inside my head. You only see a man in pain, waiting for the raising of the dead. The master is at hand. Mere mortals cannot understand, the precious gifts he can bestow, I demand you let me go. To do his bidding, to be his slave, an immortal such as he, can save his servant, from the grave, he has promised this to me.”

“I feel the presence of the sweetest stranger, she has an angel's face beyond compare. I sense the pretty woman is in danger, her's is the fate I long to share. I'm really not insane. I kill these liars filled with spies so that my body will retain some spark of life by their demise. My lord will soon be here for I can feel him drawing near.”

fTrtgbG.jpg

Jack Crichton stood, much less triumphantly, and not so proudly proclaimed to the universe, "I am Jack Crichton, and I spoke way too soon."

~~~~

Inside the suddenly much less crowded van, Jennifer snarled and grabbed Lilah by the collar, shoving her against the wall of the van. Jen's eyes were flashing green, a sure warning sign, as she snarled; "What did you do with my team? If you've hurt them I'll kill you."
Lucifer looked over at the group going visiting and paused. " So, I imagine that this puts a hitch in our plan, which somehow is not news to me." he said.

@york @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian
Kara In-Ze (Supergirl)

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian

Kara honestly just looked confused, staring at the blank spaces in the car that would have been the now missing members of the group, before she looked towards Lilah. Right about now, she kind of wished she had working heat vision that didn't immediately leave her drained.

w6e3bu2.gif

"Hey! I've just about had enough of this floundering around. You better tell us what's going on... Or..." She paused for a moment, as if she were actually thinking about this for a moment.

"Or I'll have to knock some sense into you!" She finished.

Well, her tone was pretty menacing, minus that small pause, probably because she wasn't at her full strength and all, so... Perhaps it was for the best that Lilah listened to her demands?​

Ludger frowns, Drawing his swords as a precaution. "Its always Shoot, Smash, and slice first, Ask questions later with you people isn't it? Lets just get our people back and then take out the divergence catalyst so we can all go home." After that, Ludger says nothing, Waiting to see what may happen, hoping he doesn't have to fight at all.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Mighty Roman candle @ whomever

Lincoln looked over at the ground and looked over at Critchon. " Wait a minute, I am not- well, that might be problematic," he said, noticing that he was not bound to Darth anymore. He looked over at the man. " So, is there a plan?"

"Don't die." Crichton replied blithely. His eyes flicked over to Ludger and his shoulders tensed noticeably before he looked away and focused the clearly operatically trained man in front of him. Inside his head Crichton groaned. He wasn't trained to deal with this, he had no one liners to drop about opera. Frell, might have to play this one straight.

big_thumb_21d043e3c4febe9ae70e738f39b2c3b5.jpg

Looking around, he realized they were weren't in any modern city he recognized. It looked, familiar for some reason. Maybe he'd seen a picture of it or...

Without warning, he was pulled into a mental reconstruction of... the desert? He could feel rough robes adorning his body and a weight on his hilt. In the distance lay a space ship along with a robed Liam Nissan and Natalia Port. Oh no, this could only mean one thing. Turning his head, he stared into the face of terror itself.

jar_jar_low.jpg

"Meesa know what happened to yousa." JarJar!Harvey said.

Crichton flipped him the bird prior to chewing him out for ruining the image of the best Star Wars character out of the franchise with his ugly mug. JarJar!Harvey waved his long, rubbery, froglike hands placatingly.

"Wesa are in Florence Italy. Meet courtesan. Boom boom."

Crichton scratched his head, considering (where he was, not the courtesan). Judging from the clothes he'd seen the few people on the street wearing before he was yanked in here, he was in either at renaissance fair or in the past. The second part was very unlikely considering he hadn't-...

"Mesa detected a temporal curve mesa says proudly." JarJar!Harvey smiled widely, tongue rolling out the side of his mouth. Crichton fought the urge to punch him for his sullying of a beloved franchise mascot. It was a close thing. Instead he fought down his grimace and thanked him, forcing the words out of his mouth before starting towards Natalie Portman. If this was a dream world then he couldn't get in trouble for-...

Sandy dunes shifted to Florentine streets, the quickly rising light a sign that it would be dawn soon. In front of them, the crazed man looked at them expectantly. Finally, Crichton formulated a brilliant, winning strategy that would save them all.

"We need to get inside. We're not dressed right for this time period."

At that the crazed man finally perked up, a sly smirk curving the side of his face up. "So you finally figured it out did ya? What was the first clue it's 1478?"

Crichton ignored him for the moment, scanning the building for a good to hide in. His gaze finally settled on the Florence Cathedral. It was tall, and so massive that nobody was likely to notice if they camped there for the night. Plus long, long sight lines. Nobody would be sneaking up on them. On the other hand, no escape routes That was basically committing suicide with a life like the one they led. Unconsciously he shook his head.He'd need to find a different spot.

The crazed man touched his arm, and nodded his head in response to Crichton's head shake. "No, it's a perfect. I have a way to get out in a pinch."

"Care to share with us." Crichton asked sardonically.

"Not really. The real question is how to get you up there. You can't scale the building like I can, and you are cut off from the Master's powers."

"Wait what?"

The crazed man said nothing.

"You're going to explain that later." Crichton promised. Then he looked at Lincoln, Ludger and Kresnik and studied them. "Two questions to win a million dollars and safety for a night. Can any of you teleport or levitate us up there? Also, will you burst into flame near a church Kresnik?"

@FireDrake150 @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman
~~~~
"Hey! I've just about had enough of this floundering around. You better tell us what's going on... Or..." She paused for a moment, as if she were actually thinking about this for a moment.

"Or I'll have to knock some sense into you!" She finished.

"Do we bloody hell look like we know what happened?" A self righteous voice demanded from the front. "You people march into our world, cause ripples as far reaching from the military industrial complex all the way to the crime rate, get your intrusive asses captured by who knows who, then have the audacity to show up and complain about more of friends going missing."

"Shaun, you're not helping." The dark haired girl from beside him hissed.

"No. I have had well enough of it. They are making our already hard lives impossible."

"Hastings. Get it under control." Bishop snapped at him. She looked back at Jen, stilled pinned up against the wall by the slight women, and steely grey met burning green. "I. Did. Not. Take. Your. People." The last word was emphasized with a small but sharp sensation of pressure on Jen's stomach. Jen's eyes flicked down to see a blade extending from Bishop's wrist poised to thrust into her kidneys.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @york @LuckycoolHawk9

Ludger looks to Crighton, shaking his head. "I Don't know why you seem to dislike me so much but no. A Church is fine. And as for Levetation, all I can help with is stopping time. Sorry, Lunatic." He puts his weapons away and Looks around, Trying to come up with a plan that ISN'T Certain to get them killed, Knowing Crighton by reputation alone.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Ludger looks to Crighton, shaking his head. "I Don't know why you seem to dislike me so much but no. A Church is fine. And as for Levetation, all I can help with is stopping time. Sorry, Lunatic." He puts his weapons away and Looks around, Trying to come up with a plan that ISN'T Certain to get them killed, Knowing Crighton by reputation alone.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

Jack limped closer to Kresnik, leaning in close to give him a nice and good look at the deep seated anger and spite in his gaze. When he spoke however, his voice was an anachronistically good natured and friendly tone. "I don't dislike you man."

"I hate you. Big difference boyo."

@FireDrake150

Jack limped closer to Kresnik, leaning in close to give him a nice and good look at the deep seated anger and spite in his gaze. When he spoke however, his voice was an anachronistically good natured and friendly tone. "I don't dislike you man."

"I hate you. Big difference boyo."

@FireDrake150
Ludger Shakes his head. "Hate me all you want. I have skills and talents no one else can use. And Besides, I'm your chef. Best be on your best behavior, Lunatic." And With that the Silence persisted, Ludger not saying much, as the wind flows through his hair and blows his tie around.

Ludger Shakes his head. "Hate me all you want. I have skills and talents no one else can use. And Besides, I'm your chef. Best be on your best behavior, Lunatic." And With that the Silence persisted, Ludger not saying much, as the wind flows through his hair and blows his tie around.

Crichton considers this, for a minute stepping back and leaning on his cane (a simple wood affair, much lighter and less deadly than the Pulse Rifle he used to use as a cane).

"Fair enough. I put up with you for over a year on the Team that way, but you screw over Jenny and I end you. Payback for the leg."

He turned and started walking towards the cathedral before turning back and pointing at Kresnik. "And I can cook fine. Setting the kitchen on fire was only a three time thing."

@FireDrake150

Crichton considers this, for a minute stepping back and leaning on his cane (a simple wood affair, much lighter and less deadly than the Pulse Rifle he used to use as a cane).

"Fair enough. I put up with you for over a year on the Team that way, but you screw over Jenny and I end you. Payback for the leg."

He turned and started walking towards the cathedral before turning back and pointing at Kresnik. "And I can cook fine. Setting the kitchen on fire was only a three time thing."

@FireDrake150
Ludger chuckles. " If its a three time thing it's a recurring problem. and I have no idea what you mean put up with. We only just met." Ludger has no idea who Victor is, And as such never met Crighton.

Lucifer wasn't liking where this was going. He silently watched from a safe distance- he wasn't sure how vunerable he was right now and wasn't running the risk of dying.

Lincoln looked at the two of them and sighed. " This argument is not putting any ease on our current situation, it is making it much worse. So, perhaps we can, I don't know, find a way to blend in."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150

"Do we bloody hell look like we know what happened?" A self righteous voice demanded from the front. "You people march into our world, cause ripples as far reaching from the military industrial complex all the way to the crime rate, get your intrusive asses captured by who knows who, then have the audacity to show up and complain about more of friends going missing."

"Shaun, you're not helping." The dark haired girl from beside him hissed.

"No. I have had well enough of it. They are making our already hard lives impossible."

"Hastings. Get it under control." Bishop snapped at him. She looked back at Jen, stilled pinned up against the wall by the slight women, and steely grey met burning green. "I. Did. Not. Take. Your. People." The last word was emphasized with a small but sharp sensation of pressure on Jen's stomach. Jen's eyes flicked down to see a blade extending from Bishop's wrist poised to thrust into her kidneys.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @york @LuckycoolHawk9
Lucifer wasn't liking where this was going. He silently watched from a safe distance- he wasn't sure how vunerable he was right now and wasn't running the risk of dying.

Kara In-Ze (Supergirl)

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9

Kara looked down at the blade that had down apparently been thrust into Jen's kidneys.

"... You didn't have to stab her." She said.

Normally she would be trying to help Jen or something, but... She had nothing to help her with, her clothes were too skimpy to use as rags, and jesus, she'd rather not make her skirt any shorter. Instead, she glared at Bishop, staring lasers (fortunately not literally) at him.

"If you didn't take the folks in this car. Then who did?" She asked.​

Status
Not open for further replies.