Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... I can try, though I do prefer the "speed over strength" style of character. I'll see what I can do to make them different enough. Also, would a kusarigama (sickle and chain) be considered a crude weapon? It is basically a garden tool with either a rope or chain attached.

Aye, a kusarigama would be allowed, which could make for some cool abilities. Looking forward to seeing your character!

Hey Jakers~ I think you should try posting this RP on Group RP Advertising to gain more players.

Reactions: Jakers
Hey Jakers~ I think you should try posting this RP on Group RP Advertising to gain more players.
Oh yeah, forgot that was a thing! Posted it; hopefully we can reel in some more able RP'ers~.

I'll probably get down creating a banner at some point, too. Looks like RP banners are a thing again, which is great!

And now, onto a little bit about how the Combat System will work! It's pretty much simple, turn-based/dice-based combat, but I've added a few features. Here's a list of things your character can do in turn apart from the obvious 'basic attack' and your Abilities. Because you don't need an Ability in order for you to simply block an attack.

I should mention that if you'd like to change some abilities after seeing this stuff, you're more than welcome to. Just inform me, and I'll inform you back once I've stated how the new ability/abilities will work mechanically.

Combat Non-Ability Commands 1.0

Move - Cover a large amount of distance instead of attacking/defending/casting an ability. The amount of distance you can cover is based on your Agility. Don't worry, you can still move a short distance and then attack within the space of one turn. Moving can be used to flee in combat, or try and get to a better position.

Attack - A simple attack. What the attack scales with depends on the weapon you're using.

Reckless Attack - Trade precision for power in a desperate attempt to bring the enemy down. Essentially a simple attack, but it will have an increased chance to miss at the cost of dealing more damage. Remember, missing can make you vulnerable. Reckless Attacks can't be performed with ranged weapons.

Quick Shot - The 'Reckless Attack' for ranged weapons. If you have no time to aim a bow and need to hit an enemy quickly, Quick Shot can be performed much faster (speeding up reloading for things like crossbows too) at the cost of giving a decreased hit chance.

Focus - If using a ranged weapon, you can spend a turn carefully studying and aiming at your enemy. When you most likely attack at the start of your next turn, the chance to hit critically or puncture through defences is highly increased, based on your Accuracy. You can focus with melee weapons too, but you'll be vunerable whilst aiming your attack.

Block - Focus on blocking the next attack instead of attacking. Chance to block is based on the quality of the thing you're blocking with, and your Endurance. A successful block will negate all the damage, and an unsuccessful block will usually still negate some damage.

Human Shield - Get behind someone and use them as your shield. If the next oncoming attack is aimed at you, it will hit the human shield instead. If the human shield doesn't approve of this though, they're very welcome to get out the way and let you suffer.

Parry - A more skilled version of blocking, which is harder to pull off. Try to deflect an enemy's attack by attacking their weapon with yours, causing them to reel back. Parrying requires Accuracy to pull off correctly. A successful parry will negate the damage of the next attack, and, if the enemy used a melee attack, cause them to be vulnerable to your next attack.

Juke - Be ready to dodge your enemy's next attack. Depending on your Agility, you can simply negate all the damage of the next attack by moving a short distance to get the way of it. Though depending on the enemy's attack, it can be easier said than done.

Feint - Pretend to attack. It may sound useless, but it can cause an enemy to waste a turn blocking for no reason - they'll be vulnerable to a further attack when they stop blocking. It will also give them a higher chance to miss if they're charging up some sort of attack.

Any questions/requests? Please ask! It may seem complex, but most characters will only be interested in using a few of those commands. For example, a dodge-based char wouldn't even think of Blocking. Juking would be where it's at if they'd like to dodge the next incoming ability.

I should mention that you can't just go 'Jim attacks, then focuses on blocking!' In the space of one turn. You need to use your wits to see if it's a good chance to attack or not.

If your enemy is charging up some sort of power attack, for example, it might be a good idea to focus on defending or dodging. Or, you could risk Feinting, to try and put him off and make him miss his power attack.

Hopefully y'all understand. If not, once again, ask them questions~.[/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo! I'm interested. I'll be working on my character pretty much all day

I think I need to see the real execution of this system before I can understand :'D

I think I need to see the real execution of this system before I can understand :'D
Well, I can demonstrate via a titanpad 'Mock Battle', whenever you're ready. Or if you want to, that is. It'll just be a test battle which won't affect the game whatsoever when we start, like VR training.

If anyone else wants a 'Mock Battle' to get the hang of how combat works, shoot me a PM whenever you like! I'll link you to a titanpad document, where you can beat the shit out of something and not have to worry about dying IC-ly.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hitomebore
Luther Engrem of the Dragon Knight Order
F4ULWBZ.jpg

Contestant Number
dragons-divider.png

Personality
Such is the way a knight is trained. One must always be polite. Honorable, and gallant, he is quite the catch many would say. He does, however, seem rather reclusive and secretive, almost as if he distances himself from others. This is likely due to the solitude he was raised in at the Order. He prefers to take action however, and hates standing by.

Backstory
A secret order hidden deep within the mountains of a far off country. Here, a group of warriors train in solitude. For centuries this order has been the supreme justice of the land. It has served and protected this country from many threats. However, none more prominent than the dragons. They were the reason for the creation of the order. Nine knights managed to channel the power of these legendary beasts, and turned their power against them. But that was nearly two hundred years ago. What have they done in that time?

The order remains. Sworn to protect the realm from any threat. They still train in the ways of the Dragon. Of course, not every person is capable of channeling that power. Only a select few posses a Draconic spirit. They are taken from their families at birth, yet no one speaks of this event. They realize it is the highest honor in the land, but they also know that terrible things will happen should they speak of it. Such a family once belonged to Luther. He had only been born two days prior, but it made little difference.

For nineteen years, Luther was conditioned and trained in the ways of the Dragon Knights. He proved to be a promising individual, though a little hasty. He trained and meditated and trained more. This was his life until he was twenty. He wondered why he was here though. What was his purpose in this order? Every time he asked he wa always met with the answer, "To protect this realm." When he asked "From what?" they replied, "From anything and everything that seeks to harm it." It had been like that since he was first able to speak. But now, there was a threat to this land. And the order stood idly by.

Civil war had broken out in the country. It was the most grisly spectacle, but in spite of this the order did nothing. They said this was not a matter for them to be concerned of. They must be at the ready for a much larger threat. Revealing themselves over something as trivial as this would be catastrophic. But why bother keeping the order a secret in the first place?! Luther was displeased with the actions of the order. And without any words, he simply vanished...

He found himself far away from his homeland, in the city of Yakazuma. It was a dirty and detestable place, but it was new. It was different than that old fortress built into the mountains. And so he welcomed it. When he heard of the Shi no Gemu, he was intrigued. Not knowing much about it, he volunteered for the challenge. Ready to risk his life and use the skills he has been training to use for years.

dragons-divider.png

Stats
The Bear - 5
The Mountain - 5
The Library - 4
The Eagle - 2
The Cheetah - 1

Abilities

Draconic Spirit
Born with the spirit of a dragon, Luther possesses many aspects of the legendary beasts, as well as their ferocity and tenacity in battle. Luther, when in combat, has a resistance to debuffs. (Such as poison, hexes, injuries, etc.)

Dragon's Flame
Luther can call forth flames and use them to enhance his attacks. Luther's next melee attack will do bonus fire damage. If the enemy is somehow flammable, they will catch alight and take light damage over time. Repeated usage of Dragon's Flame will exhaust Luther.

Dragon's Scale
The only thing more deadly than something that can kill you, is something you CAN'T kill. The dragons of old are an example of the power of impenetrable defense, and, as have all Dragon Knights, Luther has been able to tap into their legendary defense. Luther activates moderate buff to his physical defence, that slowly decays over 3 turns. Must wait after the buff ends before re-using.

Dragon's Breath
While not literally breathing fire, Luther can call forth a wall of flame from around him in order to prevent enemies from approaching. Luther summons a small ring of flame around him, immediately causing light damage to nearby enemies/allies. If an enemy attacks Luther within the next turn, they will take moderate damage.

dragons-divider.png

Starting Karma
Neutral.

Starting Weapon
Battleaxe

Preferred Flavour
Lemon +Blood Orange
I left out the mechanics of the abilities, assuming you are the one who decides on that​

Last edited:
  • Love
Luther Engrem of the Dragon Knight Order
F4ULWBZ.jpg

Contestant Number
dragons-divider.png

Personality
Such is the way a knight is trained. One must always be polite. Honorable, and gallant, he is quite the catch many would say. He does, however, seem rather reclusive and secretive, almost as if he distances himself from others. This is likely due to the solitude he was raised in at the Order. He prefers to take action however, and hates standing by.

Backstory
A secret order hidden deep within the mountains of a far off country. Here, a group of warriors train in solitude. For centuries this order has been the supreme justice of the land. It has served and protected this country from many threats. However, none more prominent than the dragons. They were the reason for the creation of the order. Four knights managed to channel the power of these legendary beasts, and turned their power against them. But that was nearly two hundred years ago. What have they done in that time?

The order remains. Sworn to protect the realm from any threat. They still train in the ways of the Dragon. Of course, not every person is capable of channeling that power. Only a select few posses a Draconic spirit. They are taken from their families at birth, yet no one speaks of this event. They realize it is the highest honor in the land, but they also know that terrible things will happen should they speak of it. Such a family once belonged to Luther. He had only been born two days prior, but it made little difference.

For nineteen years, Luther was conditioned and trained in the ways of the Dragon Knights. He proved to be a promising individual, though a little hasty. He trained and meditated and trained more. This was his life until he was twenty. He wondered why he was here though. What was his purpose in this order? Every time he asked he wa always met with the answer, "To protect this realm." When he asked "From what?" they replied, "From anything and everything that seeks to harm it." It had been like that since he was first able to speak. But now, there was a threat to this land. And the order stood idly by.

Civil war had broken out in the country. It was the most grisly spectacle, but in spite of this the order did nothing. They said this was not a matter for them to be concerned of. They must be at the ready for a much larger threat. Revealing themselves over something as trivial as this would be catastrophic. But why bother keeping the order a secret in the first place?! Luther was displeased with the actions of the order. And without any words, he simply vanished...

He found himself far away from his homeland, in the city of Yakazuma. It was a dirty and detestable place, but it was new. It was different than that old fortress built into the mountains. And so he welcomed it. When he heard of the Shi no Gemu, he was intrigued. Not knowing much about it, he volunteered for the challenge. Ready to risk his life and use the skills he has been training to use for years.

dragons-divider.png

Stats
The Bear - 4
The Mountain - 6
The Library - 4
The Eagle - 2
The Cheetah - 1

Abilities

Draconic Spirit
Born with the spirit of a dragon, Luther possesses many aspects of the legendary beasts, as well as their ferocity and tenacity in battle

Dragon's Flame
Luther can call forth flames and use them to enhance his attacks

Dragon's Scale
The only thing more deadly than something that can kill you, is something you CAN'T kill. The dragons of old are an example of the power of impenetrable defense, and, as have all Dragon Knights, Luther has been able to tap into their legendary defense

Dragon's Breath
While not literally breathing fire, Luther can call forth a wall of flame from around him in order to prevent enemies from approaching

dragons-divider.png

Starting Karma
Neutral.

Starting Weapon
Axe

Preferred Flavour
Lemon +Blood Orange
I left out the mechanics of the abilities, assuming you are the one who decides on that​
Great work! Another nice looking CS. Picking 2 preferred flavours seems to be the new meta. 8)

Accepted! Though I'm not sure how you'd like some of those abilities to work mechanically - feel free to say so if that's not how you envisioned said abilities. The axe supplied will be a one-handed kind of thing, which I'm guessing is what you wanted.

You are now Luther Engrem, 9th​ member of Group 8.
pIttHsf.jpg

. . . draconic blood will be split like the rest...

Here's how your abilities will work mechanically. Inform me if you'd like to change how one works.

Draconic Spirit: Luther, when in combat, has a resistance to debuffs. (Such as poison, hexes, injuries, etc.)
Dragon's Flame: Luther's next melee attack will do bonus fire damage. If the enemy is somehow flammable, they will catch alight and take light damage over time. Repeated usage of Dragon's Flame will exhaust Luther.
Dragon's Scale: Luther activates moderate buff to his physical defence, that slowly decays over 3 turns. Must wait after the buff ends before re-using.
Dragon's Breath: Luther summons a small ring of flame around him, immediately causing light damage to nearby enemies/allies. If an enemy attacks Luther within the next turn, they will take moderate damage.

Here's how your abilities will work mechanically. Inform me if you'd like to change how one works.

Draconic Spirit: Luther, when in combat, has a resistance to debuffs. (Such as poison, hexes, injuries, etc.)
Dragon's Flame: Luther's next melee attack will do bonus fire damage. If the enemy is somehow flammable, they will catch alight and take light damage over time. Repeated usage of Dragon's Flame will exhaust Luther.
Dragon's Scale: Luther activates moderate buff to his physical defence, that slowly decays over 3 turns. Must wait after the buff ends before re-using.
Dragon's Breath: Luther summons a small ring of flame around him, immediately causing light damage to nearby enemies/allies. If an enemy attacks Luther within the next turn, they will take moderate damage.
No you got it pretty well. Thanks for that.

Name: Gideon “Serick” LaVail
Appearance:
4z9Zn.jpg

Personality: At the moment? Bitter, jaded, and with a sarcastic wit that not everyone appreciates, but is normally a very open-minded and amiable gentleman. Known to be a smart-ass when someone asks him a question to which the answer should be obvious, and also when someone asks him a question he doesn’t know the answer to. In short: don’t ask stupid questions. When caught in a rare mood, is kind and helpful, but don’t expect it often, because he has ulterior motives for participating in Shi No Gemu.

Backstory: Being born to the House of LaVail should have made Gideon a very lucky man, and in many ways, it did. The wealth and status ensured a great education, connections, and a long line of powerful, cunning mages. Gideon worked diligently at his craft, honing his knowledge and accuracy, but somewhere along the way things went very wrong. A power struggle erupted between the LaVails and another prominent family, the Holsteads, and amidst the chaos it became increasingly apparent that something was off about the eldest LaVail.

Gideon’s brother, Andrew, was summoning dark creatures that were before thought incapable of controlling, yet he was adamant everything was all right. He hadn’t sold his soul, and the creatures were his to command. Gideon believed in this and trusted his brother, and it was to be his downfall. Afraid for their son’s soul, and the honor of the family name, the LaVail elders took it upon themselves to imprison Andrew in a dungeon behind a magic seal, which would bind his powers until they could figure out what was behind his seemingly demonic abilities. He continued to languish there, despite their lack of evidence into the matter, and Gideon became embittered and angry at the way things were being handled. They had trained Andrew to be a powerful mage, yet blamed him when he did so, and kept him hidden away to disguise their shame.

And then something strange happened. Gideon found that he could also summon creatures similar to those that Andrew raised on the battlefield. Knowing this, he attempted to break his brother out of the familial dungeon, only to discover that he had died in there. Gideon was furious. He and the rest of his family got into a huge, heated argument, in the middle of which Gideon accidentally summoned a creature. He had to flee before he ended up like his brother, and found himself in an inn drinking when he heard about Shi No Gemu. It seemed like the perfect place to take out his rage and perfect his new craft. If he died? It was a possibility he wasn’t entirely concerned with. He just hoped he’d live long enough to prove to the House of LaVail that they were wrong.

Stats:

The Bear (Strength):
The Mountain (Endurance): 2
The Library (Knowledge): 6
The Eagle (Accuracy): 5
The Cheetah (Agility): 2

Abilities:

Resonance:
Gideon’s upbringing and training grant him a natural affinity for magic. He has an increased chance to detect sources of magic in his surroundings, whether they’re from people, creatures, spell traps, or enchanted objects.

Void Hammer: Creates a burst of dark energy that sails at a chosen target, dealing light damage. Has a small chance to inflict bonus damage if the victim is currently afflicted by status ailments.

Dark Sigil: Fires a spelled arrow that burns an archaic symbol onto a target, causing light to medium damage with a small chance of inflicting curse, which reduces the target’s strength stat for 1-2 turns.

Nexus: Summons a dark, hellish entity that deals light/medium damage in a small area of effect. Does bonus damage to targets afflicted with Dark Sigil. Requires a small sacrifice of HP and has a cool down.

Starting Karma: Neutral

Starting Weapon: Bow and Arrows (Does an even dozen sound fair?)

Preferred Flavor: Blood Orange

(I purposefully left the amount of HP sacrificed and the cool down rate unspecified, because I wasn’t sure what a fair amount would be. This is my first time playing a dice-based combat RP, so my abilities probably suck, sorry. Any suggestions are welcome. :D)

• Love
So how many more people you looking for Jakers? You looking for the full 11?

"Watch me closely. I'll teach everyone just what it means to be a Survivor."

728e5f28009dcdabd6412af0d31dabbc.jpg

» Name «
"You should know. After all, it's the name of a demon."
Lilith Hawthorne

» Age «
"I'm quite young."

» Contestant Number «
"I'm number 11."

» Personality «
[Everything in " " is something she's actually said]

∗ Calculating ∗
Lilith has never, and I mean never, done something without thinking about all the outcomes and possibilities. Because of this, she tends to always be one step ahead of others.
"I always win. Even if I'm the one with a sword to her throat. I always have more than one way to deal with things."

∗ Stubborn ∗
Never try and talk Lilith out of something. No matter how hard you try, it will not work for anything and only end up with you getting annoyed. Once she's set her mind to something, Lilith will push her limits just to achieve whatever she had decided to do.
"Don't you ever tell me to stop. I started this so I plan to end it!"

∗ Distant ∗
Lilith keeps everyone at a distance, always refusing to allow someone in. If you ever find that your close to her, you had better realize how damn lucky you are.
"Getting emotionally attached is stupid. In the end, everyone leaves."

∗ Realist ∗
While others try to fix the world, Lilith merely accepted it and has been living. She never expects for good things to happen, and instead focuses on the facts.
"The world is a dark place, whether you like it or not, you cannot change that. You can only accept it and keep moving."

∗ Blunt ∗
This girl has hurt so many others because of this. She doesn't sugar coat things and instead just tells it straight. Don't expect her to comfort you.
"Tell your boyfriend to fuck off. He keeps trying to get me alone."

∗ Observant ∗
Even if it may not seem like it, Lilith is always listening. Always watching. Absolutely nothing escapes her.
"If you delete those pictures, I won't tell you girlfriend about your little affair with Mrs. Tremaine."

∗ Caring ∗
If you've been allowed to get close to Lilith, you'll defiantly notice that she cares about you. She'd be willing to help you and won't be such a douche all the time.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I'm so sorry."

∗ Loyal ∗
Lilith will always have a certain loyalty to those she trusts. She'll always have their back, even if they aren't there for her.
"You dumbass! I told you to tell me next time you decide to get into a fight!"

∗ Aggressive ∗
When fighting, Lilith will become rather dangerous. She is known to be very aggressive and once nearly beat a kid to death.
"Your going to pay for that, you motherfucking bitch!"

∗ Hardworking ∗
Have you ever pushed you limits so far you can no longer move your body? That's how hardworking Lilith is. She is always pushing her limits, even going beyond them.
"As long... as I... can... keep moving... I'll work... to perfect... my skills and... make them... proud."

∗ Protective ∗
When it comes down to those she cares for, Lilith will protect them with her life. She'd never let harm come to them.
"Don't you dare touch them!"

» Backstory «
"Like hell I'd tell you about that! I don't need people looking down on me. However, I can tell you why I joined the game. I joined to prove them wrong. All who doubted me, hurt me, and tried to bring me down. I will show them just how tough I am. What a survivor truly looks like. That't not my only reason though... but you don't need to know about that one."

WARNING! Contains violence, suffering, death, and betrayal!
You have been warned...

Lilith was born into a rich family with a mother and father. Meaning she was their first ever child. A party was thrown in order to celebrate the life of the heir to the company. Being the heir meant that Lilith was to carry a large responsibility and she needed to be absolutely perfect in order to do so. At a young age, Lilith showed signs of greatness. She started speaking at one, began walking at two, and began reading at three! With each day, Lilith's parents grew more and more confident that their daughter would be perfect. A perfect pawn to be used, that is.

Lilith started school and immediately became the Teacher's Pet. She would get the highest grades and always did as she was told. Things continued this way until Lilith reached the third grade. At that age, she started getting bullied by those who were jealous. A certain group of five girls would always pick on Lilith whenever they got the chances, calling her horrid names and beating on her. However, Lilith didn't get discouraged and kept doing what she was doing. When she'd get home, her parents would see the bruises and such but Lilith always smiled and would say something like 'I fell' or 'A dog knocked me down'. Things continued like this all throughout the third grade until the very last day. The girls had brought their brothers, the ones they lied to and said Lilith had done horrible things to them. This angered the brother to all of them beat Lilith until she was unable to move and close to death. However, she was taken to the doctors in time and they saved her life.

After that, Lilith's parents saw a change in her. Lilith would stare outside her window, watching the outside world but never speaking. Even when her mother gave birth to Lilith's little brother, she merely watched with hollow eyes and a blank look. She was in this state for months, until one day her little brother started crying. Lilith and her brother were outside, so of course Lilith was the first to hear it. However, she merely stood up and walked over to where her brother had a splinter in his hand. She removed it, but when she stood to walk off, she felt something tug at her. Looking down, Lilith saw her brother reaching up to her, his eyes so full of love and innocence. In that moment, Lilith escaped her depression and the world seemed to be lit up with colors again. She picked up her brother and they became very close.

A year later, when Lilith was ten and her brother one, her parents would start fighting a lot. Every night, Lilith would hold her brother close, hidden away in a corner of her room, while their parents fought downstairs. During times like these, it was her job to keep her brother asleep, no matter how scared she was. The worst part, was that her mother was pregnant again and it wasn't good to be stressed while pregnant. So after every fight, Lilith would be a good little daughter and bring her parents tea and something to eat. Once they calmed themselves, Lilith returned to her room. However, her efforts were in vain.

After Lilith's mother had the child, she packed her bags and left, leaving with same man Lilith had never seen before. Her father didn't know how to deal with kids, so he left her newborn sister and two year old brother in Lilith's care. Because Lilith was still only twelve and now had to siblings to look after, Lilith quit school and was instead given free tutoring lessons by her teacher at home. Because of all this, Lilith never had time to notice what was going on with her father. After her mother left, Lilith's father had started drinking, more and more. Until one night, he barged right into Lilith's room during the night. Lilith had been studying, so she didn't even notice her father. That is, until she heard the cry of her brother. Turning around, she saw her father choking her brother with one hand while he had a beer in the other. In the spur of the moment, Lilith stood up and ran over to her father. She kicked him in the nuts, then stole her brother away and held him as well as her sister close to her chest. Her father recovered from what Lilith did and she saw a crazed look in his eyes. Next thing she knew, Lilith was being beaten by her father while her siblings watched from afar, crying.

Things continued like this until Lilith was eleven, her brother three, and her sister one. While her father was away at the bar, someone rang the doorbell. Of course, Lilith answered it, which turned out to be a big mistake. Lilith and her siblings were kidnapped, the men saying her father paid them to take Lilith and her siblings. In other words, Lilith had failed has a daughter and this was her punishment. Lilith was shoved into a van, and she instinctively held her brother and sister close to her. They started crying, but Lilith calmed them within a few minutes. They were taken to a manor where Lilith and her siblings were masked. When the masks came off, Lilith found herself in a basement where many other kids were. They were slaves for a dirty rich man.

Lilith and her siblings were forced to work, but Lilith was one of six girls who had the worst job. Lilith and the others were the man's sex slaves, meaning they were also there to pleasure him. Lilith was brutally raped. When she wasn't doing that, Lilith was in charge of the farm with a few others, had to wash her masters back, etc. Her brother and sister had to wash floors and bring things to the master and his company. They did this with some other kids. Life continued like this for Lilith and her siblings for two years. Lilith, now thirteen, her brother now five, and her sister now three. One night, Lilith was in the masters bedroom alone and was waiting for him to tell her to undress. However, he stood up and started to choke her. Apparently, he didn't like her that much cause she was the daughter of his rival enemy in the business. Once he released her, Lilith left the room and went back to her siblings. She gathered them up and managed to run away with a few others.

Lilith now found herself living on the streets with her siblings. Since they needed to eat, Lilith became a thief and would steal food or money to buy food in order to feed all off them. It wasn't much, but it was enough. They lived like this for about a week, when Lilith was caught stealing by a young women. At the time, Lilith had her siblings with her, so she couldn't run. Instead, she stood in front of them protectively and braced herself for what would happen. Surprisingly, the women instead suggested that Lilith and her siblings stayed with her and her husband. At first Lilith was hesitant, but accepted for the sake of her siblings.

Lilith and her siblings started to live a normal life again, but Lilith wanted some excitement in life. As such, her foster parents signed her up for fencing, archery, and martial arts. Lilith took her siblings to her practices, and would always give her best. By the time she was fifteen, Lilith was a pro. Now that Lilith was fifteen [her brother seven and her sister five] she was allowed to go to high school. Her brother and sister went to school to, and they seemed to have fun. During her freshman year, Lilith gained a boyfriend named Kellin. He was the star basketball player which meant he was popular. Lilith and Kellin got along well, and dated until Lilith was a sophomore. It was the end of the day, and Lilith had forgotten something in the Gym, so she went back to get it. While she was there, she heard a girl's giggle from behind the bleachers. Curious, Lilith went to check it out. What she saw was her boyfriend, kissing a different girls neck, while playing with her breasts. She accidentally let out a whine, which caught their attention. Lilith, wide-eyed and crying, watched as her boyfriend smirked darkly and asked is she wanted to join in. Lilith ran away, and didn't stop running until she reached home.

The next day, Lilith could feel stares on her all day. It wasn't until the end of the day that someone walked up to Lilith and called her a whore. Confused, Lilith asked what the hell he was talking about. The guy turned around and glared at Lilith. He told her that the whole school knew that Lilith fucked three guys behind the school bleachers. You can guess how surprised Lilith was when she heard this. Once he left, a group of guys suddenly appeared, smirking and laughing darkly. Before she could react properly, she was being taken behind the school where she was forced to get down and dirty with the guys. Things didn't die over for a week, and by the time it was over Lilith found herself alone. However, she never told her foster parents or her siblings about this.

Lilith started getting bullied everyday by a group of girls, and all of those negative feelings led Lilith to a gang known as The Black Dragons. She joined, got her jacket, her own bike, and her own gun. Lilith trusted the gang cause they were like family. One day after Lilith got beat up, one of the gang members saw her and she explained to him what happened. Later on when she went to the Gang Hideout, they all rode off toward seven houses. At each one were on of the girls who beat up Lilith. The guys killed them all, and Lilith merely watched. Once that finished, Lilith went home, but she had been followed.

One of the girl's older brother saw Lilith walking home and had heard bad things about her from his brother who went to her school. So, during the night, he lit Lilith's home on fire. Lilith quickly saved her siblings but her foster parents didn't make it out alive. She and her siblings cried for hours, watching as the house burned into ash. Many people watched as Lilith and her siblings wept in front of the burning house, but none walked over. After they finished crying, Lilith stood up, holding her siblings hands, and apologized to the watchers for seeing such a horrid sight. Lilith had calmed down which allowed her to think properly. It was sunrise, which meant she'd be able to go looking for a part-time job and a place to stay. Luckily, she found a job at Starbucks, but they had to sleep on a bench that night. the next night however, a women said she had an apartment that they could use if they paid rent every month. Lilith accepted her offer without hesitation.

Lilith somehow managed to balance work, school, and the care for her siblings and followed the routine every day until she turned twenty. Lilith's brother was now eleven and her sister nine. She was watching the news one morning, and saw that they were looking for people to join the Shi No Gemu game. Lilith signed up and was chosen. As such, she had her siblings scheduled to stay at her best friends place until she came back. Meaning that Lilith couldn't die in the Game, no matter what. Why did she join the game? Well, in all honesty, Lilith joined to give her siblings a better life. They'd all been through so much, she wanted them to be happy. She'd never admit that though.

---------------------------------

» Stats «
"Why the hell does anyone other than me and the GM need to know that information?"

∗ The Bear (Strength) ∗

∗ The Mountain (Endurance) ∗

∗ The Library (Knowledge) ∗

∗ The Eagle (Accuracy) ∗

∗ The Cheetah (Agility) ∗

» Abilities «
"You'll like this."

∗ Passive Ability - A Demon's Pride ∗
Increases Lilith's skill with weapons, whether ranged like a bow or up close like a sword

∗ Battling Assault ∗
Lilith uses both her Accuracy and Agility to attack the opponent head on with her weapon. However, when their weapons don't clash, Lilith is slicing her opponent from all over. She uses agility to be fast and dodge attacks while her accuracy makes it able for her to hit where she wants without a problem. This has no real drawbacks as it's not all that powerful.

∗ Berserker ∗
Using magic, Lilith is able to activate the darkest part in her heart. Once this is open, Lilith will go through a change. Her eyes will become a deep red with a slit pupil. Her nails will become very sharp claws, and a certain four teeth will became sharp fangs. While in this state, Lilith will become like an animal and her humanity will be gone. If she is unable to kill her target, her target will still be very hurt. After all, with claws and fangs like hers, it's like a blade and she has no humanity while in this state, so she's defiantly a cold-blooded killer by that point. However, once she's finished off her opponent, Lilith will return back to normal but be extremely exhausted. As such, she'd need rest and she'd be unable to use the power for the next eight hours.

∗ Shadow Command ∗
Using magic, Lilith is able to control the shadows around her to do multiple things. She can use a shadow to harm someone through their own shadow, she can use them to scout out surrounding areas, to spy on others or animals, or her favorite of them all. Using magic, Lilith can make a dome around her and her opponents. Those on her side will be able to see and will be unable to be heard, while the opponents are as blind as bats. Using this advantage, Lilith and her team strike. Once the opponents are dead or seriously injured, Lilith removes the dome. However, the dome only stays up for ten minutes before disappearing. As such, they need to be quick and accurate.

» Starting Karma «
"I don't take sides. Sometimes I'm good, other times I'm evil. It all depends on what you do."
Neutral

» Starting Weapon «
"I brought my trusty ol' short sword. I would've brought the one I use most, but they wouldn't have allowed me to."
Lilith brought a short sword along with it's sheath. The sheath has a strap that allows her to strap it over her body and has the sword rest on her back [like Kirito's swords]

» Preferred Flavour «
"I don't see what this has to do with anything, but I guess I'll play along. In truth, none of those are my favorite. My favorite flavor is Chocolate!"
Chocolate

• Love
God, the system looks beautiful. I'm chugging out a CS asap, will try to fill in lacking roles.

• Thank You
So how many more people you looking for Jakers? You looking for the full 11?
Yeah, getting 11 players would be pretty neato. But, if it's taking too long to find a few other players to fill in the spots, I'll just create some characters to fill in the empty spots. Then we can get started on this adventure of suffering. : )

Name: Gideon “Serick” LaVail
Appearance:
4z9Zn.jpg

Personality: At the moment? Bitter, jaded, and with a sarcastic wit that not everyone appreciates, but is normally a very open-minded and amiable gentleman. Known to be a smart-ass when someone asks him a question to which the answer should be obvious, and also when someone asks him a question he doesn’t know the answer to. In short: don’t ask stupid questions. When caught in a rare mood, is kind and helpful, but don’t expect it often, because he has ulterior motives for participating in Shi No Gemu.

Backstory: Being born to the House of LaVail should have made Gideon a very lucky man, and in many ways, it did. The wealth and status ensured a great education, connections, and a long line of powerful, cunning mages. Gideon worked diligently at his craft, honing his knowledge and accuracy, but somewhere along the way things went very wrong. A power struggle erupted between the LaVails and another prominent family, the Holsteads, and amidst the chaos it became increasingly apparent that something was off about the eldest LaVail.

Gideon’s brother, Andrew, was summoning dark creatures that were before thought incapable of controlling, yet he was adamant everything was all right. He hadn’t sold his soul, and the creatures were his to command. Gideon believed in this and trusted his brother, and it was to be his downfall. Afraid for their son’s soul, and the honor of the family name, the LaVail elders took it upon themselves to imprison Andrew in a dungeon behind a magic seal, which would bind his powers until they could figure out what was behind his seemingly demonic abilities. He continued to languish there, despite their lack of evidence into the matter, and Gideon became embittered and angry at the way things were being handled. They had trained Andrew to be a powerful mage, yet blamed him when he did so, and kept him hidden away to disguise their shame.

And then something strange happened. Gideon found that he could also summon creatures similar to those that Andrew raised on the battlefield. Knowing this, he attempted to break his brother out of the familial dungeon, only to discover that he had died in there. Gideon was furious. He and the rest of his family got into a huge, heated argument, in the middle of which Gideon accidentally summoned a creature. He had to flee before he ended up like his brother, and found himself in an inn drinking when he heard about Shi No Gemu. It seemed like the perfect place to take out his rage and perfect his new craft. If he died? It was a possibility he wasn’t entirely concerned with. He just hoped he’d live long enough to prove to the House of LaVail that they were wrong.

Stats:

The Bear (Strength):
The Mountain (Endurance): 2
The Library (Knowledge): 6
The Eagle (Accuracy): 5
The Cheetah (Agility): 2

Abilities:

Resonance:
Gideon’s upbringing and training grant him a natural affinity for magic. He has an increased chance to detect sources of magic in his surroundings, whether they’re from people, creatures, spell traps, or enchanted objects.

Void Hammer: Creates a burst of dark energy that sails at a chosen target, dealing light damage. Has a small chance to inflict bonus damage if the victim is currently afflicted by status ailments.

Dark Sigil: Fires a spelled arrow that burns an archaic symbol onto a target, causing light to medium damage with a small chance of inflicting curse, which reduces the target’s strength stat for 1-2 turns.

Nexus: Summons a dark, hellish entity that deals light/medium damage in a small area of effect. Does bonus damage to targets afflicted with Dark Sigil. Requires a small sacrifice of HP and has a cool down.

Starting Karma: Neutral

Starting Weapon: Bow and Arrows (Does an even dozen sound fair?)

Preferred Flavor: Blood Orange

(I purposefully left the amount of HP sacrificed and the cool down rate unspecified, because I wasn’t sure what a fair amount would be. This is my first time playing a dice-based combat RP, so my abilities probably suck, sorry. Any suggestions are welcome. :D)
Nice work! I actually really like the backstory of this dude. Accepted~. If you wish to start with a bow, you'll start with ten arrows. When the arrows run out, you could always try making your own arrows. They won't be as effective, but they'll do the job nonetheless.

The only problem is that you forgot the contestant number. Don't worry, I shan't smite you for it! But for now, I'm going to put you as number 3. If you wish to change that number at any point, check which numbers are free in the cast list and tell me.

You are now Gideon LaVail, 3rd​ member of Group 8.
BAGEP1C.jpg

. . . soon you'll care about dying.

Funnily enough, your abilities are great. As in, how they work mechanically is perfectly explained within the description. Which is good, because I like doing nothing. Inform me if you want a color change.

Resonance: Gideon’s upbringing and training grant him a natural affinity for magic. He has an increased chance to detect sources of magic in his surroundings, whether they’re from people, creatures, spell traps, or enchanted objects.
Void Hammer: Shoots dark energy at a single target, dealing light damage. Deals bonus damage if the victim is afflicted by status ailments.
Dark Sigil: Fires a spelled arrow that deals bonus damage and marks a target. Marked targets take a debuff to their strength for 2 turns. (1 turn if high Endurance.)
Nexus: Deals light/medium damage in a small area of effect. Does bonus damage to targets afflicted with Dark Sigil. Requires a small sacrifice of HP; can't be used twice within 3 turns.

"Watch me closely. I'll teach everyone just what it means to be a Survivor."

728e5f28009dcdabd6412af0d31dabbc.jpg

» Name «
"You should know. After all, it's the name of a demon."
Lilith Hawthorne

» Age «
"I'm quite young."

» Contestant Number «
"I'm number 11."

» Personality «
[Everything in " " is something she's actually said]

∗ Calculating ∗
Lilith has never, and I mean never, done something without thinking about all the outcomes and possibilities. Because of this, she tends to always be one step ahead of others.
"I always win. Even if I'm the one with a sword to her throat. I always have more than one way to deal with things."

∗ Stubborn ∗
Never try and talk Lilith out of something. No matter how hard you try, it will not work for anything and only end up with you getting annoyed. Once she's set her mind to something, Lilith will push her limits just to achieve whatever she had decided to do.
"Don't you ever tell me to stop. I started this so I plan to end it!"

∗ Distant ∗
Lilith keeps everyone at a distance, always refusing to allow someone in. If you ever find that your close to her, you had better realize how damn lucky you are.
"Getting emotionally attached is stupid. In the end, everyone leaves."

∗ Realist ∗
While others try to fix the world, Lilith merely accepted it and has been living. She never expects for good things to happen, and instead focuses on the facts.
"The world is a dark place, whether you like it or not, you cannot change that. You can only accept it and keep moving."

∗ Blunt ∗
This girl has hurt so many others because of this. She doesn't sugar coat things and instead just tells it straight. Don't expect her to comfort you.
"Tell your boyfriend to fuck off. He keeps trying to get me alone."

∗ Observant ∗
Even if it may not seem like it, Lilith is always listening. Always watching. Absolutely nothing escapes her.
"If you delete those pictures, I won't tell you girlfriend about your little affair with Mrs. Tremaine."

∗ Caring ∗
If you've been allowed to get close to Lilith, you'll defiantly notice that she cares about you. She'd be willing to help you and won't be such a douche all the time.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. I'm so sorry."

∗ Loyal ∗
Lilith will always have a certain loyalty to those she trusts. She'll always have their back, even if they aren't there for her.
"You dumbass! I told you to tell me next time you decide to get into a fight!"

∗ Aggressive ∗
When fighting, Lilith will become rather dangerous. She is known to be very aggressive and once nearly beat a kid to death.
"Your going to pay for that, you motherfucking bitch!"

∗ Hardworking ∗
Have you ever pushed you limits so far you can no longer move your body? That's how hardworking Lilith is. She is always pushing her limits, even going beyond them.
"As long... as I... can... keep moving... I'll work... to perfect... my skills and... make them... proud."

∗ Protective ∗
When it comes down to those she cares for, Lilith will protect them with her life. She'd never let harm come to them.
"Don't you dare touch them!"

» Backstory «
"Like hell I'd tell you about that! I don't need people looking down on me. However, I can tell you why I joined the game. I joined to prove them wrong. All who doubted me, hurt me, and tried to bring me down. I will show them just how tough I am. What a survivor truly looks like. That't not my only reason though... but you don't need to know about that one."

WARNING! Contains violence, suffering, death, and betrayal!
You have been warned...

Lilith was born into a rich family with a mother and father. Meaning she was their first ever child. A party was thrown in order to celebrate the life of the heir to the company. Being the heir meant that Lilith was to carry a large responsibility and she needed to be absolutely perfect in order to do so. At a young age, Lilith showed signs of greatness. She started speaking at one, began walking at two, and began reading at three! With each day, Lilith's parents grew more and more confident that their daughter would be perfect. A perfect pawn to be used, that is.

Lilith started school and immediately became the Teacher's Pet. She would get the highest grades and always did as she was told. Things continued this way until Lilith reached the third grade. At that age, she started getting bullied by those who were jealous. A certain group of five girls would always pick on Lilith whenever they got the chances, calling her horrid names and beating on her. However, Lilith didn't get discouraged and kept doing what she was doing. When she'd get home, her parents would see the bruises and such but Lilith always smiled and would say something like 'I fell' or 'A dog knocked me down'. Things continued like this all throughout the third grade until the very last day. The girls had brought their brothers, the ones they lied to and said Lilith had done horrible things to them. This angered the brother to all of them beat Lilith until she was unable to move and close to death. However, she was taken to the doctors in time and they saved her life.

After that, Lilith's parents saw a change in her. Lilith would stare outside her window, watching the outside world but never speaking. Even when her mother gave birth to Lilith's little brother, she merely watched with hollow eyes and a blank look. She was in this state for months, until one day her little brother started crying. Lilith and her brother were outside, so of course Lilith was the first to hear it. However, she merely stood up and walked over to where her brother had a splinter in his hand. She removed it, but when she stood to walk off, she felt something tug at her. Looking down, Lilith saw her brother reaching up to her, his eyes so full of love and innocence. In that moment, Lilith escaped her depression and the world seemed to be lit up with colors again. She picked up her brother and they became very close.

A year later, when Lilith was ten and her brother one, her parents would start fighting a lot. Every night, Lilith would hold her brother close, hidden away in a corner of her room, while their parents fought downstairs. During times like these, it was her job to keep her brother asleep, no matter how scared she was. The worst part, was that her mother was pregnant again and it wasn't good to be stressed while pregnant. So after every fight, Lilith would be a good little daughter and bring her parents tea and something to eat. Once they calmed themselves, Lilith returned to her room. However, her efforts were in vain.

After Lilith's mother had the child, she packed her bags and left, leaving with same man Lilith had never seen before. Her father didn't know how to deal with kids, so he left her newborn sister and two year old brother in Lilith's care. Because Lilith was still only twelve and now had to siblings to look after, Lilith quit school and was instead given free tutoring lessons by her teacher at home. Because of all this, Lilith never had time to notice what was going on with her father. After her mother left, Lilith's father had started drinking, more and more. Until one night, he barged right into Lilith's room during the night. Lilith had been studying, so she didn't even notice her father. That is, until she heard the cry of her brother. Turning around, she saw her father choking her brother with one hand while he had a beer in the other. In the spur of the moment, Lilith stood up and ran over to her father. She kicked him in the nuts, then stole her brother away and held him as well as her sister close to her chest. Her father recovered from what Lilith did and she saw a crazed look in his eyes. Next thing she knew, Lilith was being beaten by her father while her siblings watched from afar, crying.

Things continued like this until Lilith was eleven, her brother three, and her sister one. While her father was away at the bar, someone rang the doorbell. Of course, Lilith answered it, which turned out to be a big mistake. Lilith and her siblings were kidnapped, the men saying her father paid them to take Lilith and her siblings. In other words, Lilith had failed has a daughter and this was her punishment. Lilith was shoved into a van, and she instinctively held her brother and sister close to her. They started crying, but Lilith calmed them within a few minutes. They were taken to a manor where Lilith and her siblings were masked. When the masks came off, Lilith found herself in a basement where many other kids were. They were slaves for a dirty rich man.

Lilith and her siblings were forced to work, but Lilith was one of six girls who had the worst job. Lilith and the others were the man's sex slaves, meaning they were also there to pleasure him. Lilith was brutally raped. When she wasn't doing that, Lilith was in charge of the farm with a few others, had to wash her masters back, etc. Her brother and sister had to wash floors and bring things to the master and his company. They did this with some other kids. Life continued like this for Lilith and her siblings for two years. Lilith, now thirteen, her brother now five, and her sister now three. One night, Lilith was in the masters bedroom alone and was waiting for him to tell her to undress. However, he stood up and started to choke her. Apparently, he didn't like her that much cause she was the daughter of his rival enemy in the business. Once he released her, Lilith left the room and went back to her siblings. She gathered them up and managed to run away with a few others.

Lilith now found herself living on the streets with her siblings. Since they needed to eat, Lilith became a thief and would steal food or money to buy food in order to feed all off them. It wasn't much, but it was enough. They lived like this for about a week, when Lilith was caught stealing by a young women. At the time, Lilith had her siblings with her, so she couldn't run. Instead, she stood in front of them protectively and braced herself for what would happen. Surprisingly, the women instead suggested that Lilith and her siblings stayed with her and her husband. At first Lilith was hesitant, but accepted for the sake of her siblings.

Lilith and her siblings started to live a normal life again, but Lilith wanted some excitement in life. As such, her foster parents signed her up for fencing, archery, and martial arts. Lilith took her siblings to her practices, and would always give her best. By the time she was fifteen, Lilith was a pro. Now that Lilith was fifteen [her brother seven and her sister five] she was allowed to go to high school. Her brother and sister went to school to, and they seemed to have fun. During her freshman year, Lilith gained a boyfriend named Kellin. He was the star basketball player which meant he was popular. Lilith and Kellin got along well, and dated until Lilith was a sophomore. It was the end of the day, and Lilith had forgotten something in the Gym, so she went back to get it. While she was there, she heard a girl's giggle from behind the bleachers. Curious, Lilith went to check it out. What she saw was her boyfriend, kissing a different girls neck, while playing with her breasts. She accidentally let out a whine, which caught their attention. Lilith, wide-eyed and crying, watched as her boyfriend smirked darkly and asked is she wanted to join in. Lilith ran away, and didn't stop running until she reached home.

The next day, Lilith could feel stares on her all day. It wasn't until the end of the day that someone walked up to Lilith and called her a whore. Confused, Lilith asked what the hell he was talking about. The guy turned around and glared at Lilith. He told her that the whole school knew that Lilith fucked three guys behind the school bleachers. You can guess how surprised Lilith was when she heard this. Once he left, a group of guys suddenly appeared, smirking and laughing darkly. Before she could react properly, she was being taken behind the school where she was forced to get down and dirty with the guys. Things didn't die over for a week, and by the time it was over Lilith found herself alone. However, she never told her foster parents or her siblings about this.

Lilith started getting bullied everyday by a group of girls, and all of those negative feelings led Lilith to a gang known as The Black Dragons. She joined, got her jacket, her own bike, and her own gun. Lilith trusted the gang cause they were like family. One day after Lilith got beat up, one of the gang members saw her and she explained to him what happened. Later on when she went to the Gang Hideout, they all rode off toward seven houses. At each one were on of the girls who beat up Lilith. The guys killed them all, and Lilith merely watched. Once that finished, Lilith went home, but she had been followed.

One of the girl's older brother saw Lilith walking home and had heard bad things about her from his brother who went to her school. So, during the night, he lit Lilith's home on fire. Lilith quickly saved her siblings but her foster parents didn't make it out alive. She and her siblings cried for hours, watching as the house burned into ash. Many people watched as Lilith and her siblings wept in front of the burning house, but none walked over. After they finished crying, Lilith stood up, holding her siblings hands, and apologized to the watchers for seeing such a horrid sight. Lilith had calmed down which allowed her to think properly. It was sunrise, which meant she'd be able to go looking for a part-time job and a place to stay. Luckily, she found a job at Starbucks, but they had to sleep on a bench that night. the next night however, a women said she had an apartment that they could use if they paid rent every month. Lilith accepted her offer without hesitation.

Lilith somehow managed to balance work, school, and the care for her siblings and followed the routine every day until she turned twenty. Lilith's brother was now eleven and her sister nine. She was watching the news one morning, and saw that they were looking for people to join the Shi No Gemu game. Lilith signed up and was chosen. As such, she had her siblings scheduled to stay at her best friends place until she came back. Meaning that Lilith couldn't die in the Game, no matter what. Why did she join the game? Well, in all honesty, Lilith joined to give her siblings a better life. They'd all been through so much, she wanted them to be happy. She'd never admit that though.

» Stats «
"Why the hell does anyone other than me and the GM need to know that information?"

∗ The Bear (Strength) ∗

∗ The Mountain (Endurance) ∗

∗ The Library (Knowledge) ∗

∗ The Eagle (Accuracy) ∗

∗ The Cheetah (Agility) ∗

» Abilities «
"You'll like this."

∗ Passive Ability - A Demon's Pride ∗
Increases Lilith's skill with weapons, whether ranged like a bow or up close like a sword

∗ Battling Assault ∗
Lilith uses both her Accuracy and Agility to attack the opponent head on with her weapon. However, when their weapons don't clash, Lilith is slicing her opponent from all over. She uses agility to be fast and dodge attacks while her accuracy makes it able for her to hit where she wants without a problem. This has no real drawbacks as it's not all that powerful.

∗ Berserker ∗
Using magic, Lilith is able to activate the darkest part in her heart. Once this is open, Lilith will go through a change. Her eyes will become a deep red with a slit pupil. Her nails will become very sharp claws, and a certain four teeth will became sharp fangs. While in this state, Lilith will become like an animal and her humanity will be gone. If she is unable to kill her target, her target will still be very hurt. After all, with claws and fangs like hers, it's like a blade and she has no humanity while in this state, so she's defiantly a cold-blooded killer by that point. However, once she's finished off her opponent, Lilith will return back to normal but be extremely exhausted. As such, she'd need rest and she'd be unable to use the power for the next eight hours.

∗ Shadow Command ∗
Using magic, Lilith is able to control the shadows around her to do multiple things. She can use a shadow to harm someone through their own shadow, she can use them to scout out surrounding areas, to spy on others or animals, or her favorite of them all. Using magic, Lilith can make a dome around her and her opponents. Those on her side will be able to see and will be unable to be heard, while the opponents are as blind as bats. Using this advantage, Lilith and her team strike. Once the opponents are dead or seriously injured, Lilith removes the dome. However, the dome only stays up for ten minutes before disappearing. As such, they need to be quick and accurate.

» Starting Karma «
"I don't take sides. Sometimes I'm good, other times I'm evil. It all depends on what you do."
Neutral

» Starting Weapon «
"I brought my trusty ol' short sword. I would've brought the one I use most, but they wouldn't have allowed me to."
Lilith brought a short sword along with it's sheath. The sheath has a strap that allows her to strap it over her body and has the sword rest on her back [like Kirito's swords]

» Preferred Flavour «
"I don't see what this has to do with anything, but I guess I'll play along. In truth, none of those are my favorite. My favorite flavor is Chocolate!"
Chocolate
Wonderful! Accepted. However, as with the same situation as the Devenia's fancy umberella, Lilith will be given a more crude shortsword than the one shown. Though she can still have a sheath and stuff.

...Chocolate. I'll take that as 'None of these'. X)

You are now Lilith Hawthorne, 11th​ member of Group 8.
cwzRLO6.jpg

. . . you have no idea what it means to be a survivor girl

Here's how your abilities will work mechanically. The only one I was a bit confused about was Battling Assault, so inform me if that's not how you want the ability to be. Shadow Command is super powerful, so I had to tone what it can do down a bit. Completely blinding a group of opponents for 10 minutes would be pretty much a guaranteed win for her side.

A Demon's Pride: Increases to-hit chance with all generic weapons.
Battling Assault: Lilith's next attack has a higher chance to critically hit, dealing bonus damage if it isn't parried or blocked.
Beserker: Lilith enters a demonic form, gaining a huge buff to her attack stats in general, until the target of her choice dies. Lilith cannot craft, talk, or perform any non-combat actions/tactical actions whilst in demonic form. Once Beserker ends, Lilith's stats are severely hampered, which can be cured by a long rest and a decent meal.
Shadow Command: Lilith can cause v.light damage an opponent by manipulating a nearby shadow. Alternatively, she can create a dome of darkness in a medium area of effect, highly reducing the Accuracy of those within the dome for 3 turns.

. [/hr][/hr]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
God, the system looks beautiful. I'm chugging out a CS asap, will try to fill in lacking roles.
o///o Thank you! Looking forward to seeing your CS~.

We might just be able to get 11 players at this rate! Woo!

Also, while I'm here, I'll talk about what you're given before you enter the island in a little more detail. You probably already know this, but, yeah. Just going over the EXACT rules in terms of this one.

Before you enter the island, you are stripped of pretty much everything, and only given the following to take with you:

>One crude weapon of your choice, supplied by Shi No Gemu, not your own personal armoury.
>If required, a simple sheath for that weapon.
>If required, a small amount of ammo for that weapon.
>A simple, white shirt with your contestant number on the back in big, black letters.
>A simple pair of grey pants with two deep pockets.
>A pair of sandals.
>Plain undergarments. (Bra/boxers, depends on your gender, you get the idea.)
>Glasses if you require them.
>Simple piece(s) of jewellery that belongs to you. Will be checked thoroughly for hidden enchantments. This could be an engagement ring, earrings, a necklace that's special to you, etc.

You're literally allowed to take NOTHING else. Getting better clothing, creating packs to carry more things, or perhaps even finding tough, protective armour is up to you. You're not given any 'starting food' or 'starting water', so you'd better quickly get to work finding a source for those. But don't worry, makers of Shi No Gemu have ensured that there's enough food/water to realistically be able to survive.

The reason you're not allowed to bring in your own clothes is in regard to the Group 6 incident, where a man single-handedly fucked up the entire game by destroying almost all of the contestants, and taking out a few Gemu Eyes in the process too. More detail can be seen within the Lore regarding to the previous groups.

He was thought to have hidden some sort of extremely powerful artefact within the red suit he was wearing, as the level of people's power is checked before they're submitted into Shi No Gemu.

Sorry fashion divas. The white shirt will have to do, unless you can get creative with some primitive tailoring.[/hr]

And remember! If any of you are unsure about the combat system, PM me for a little 'VR training' session, where you can practice going against enemies as your character without having to worry about dying.

If you're new to dice combat or a combat system within an RP in general, I'd recommend it. But it's not compulsory whatsoever.[/hr]

@Jakers Everything looks fine to me. When I was writing about Battling Assault I was thinking about the thing Kirito does with Starburst Stream. If that makes any sense.

Jakers updated Shi no Gēmu [6/11 Players] with a new update entry:

Contacting Me/When I'm Free

This update isn't really that important at all, as I doubt any of you will need immediate contact from me regarding to the RP. Nonetheless, I don't like people to feel like they're being ignored - so if I'm not responding, it's because I'm either busy or asleep.

If you're seeking a quick response, here are the times I'm free in U.K. (GMT+1) time.

Obviously, I don't expect you to memorise this, or even care about this for that matter. It's just here if you ever need to refer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Assassin.jpg

2zo9q2c.png

"Don't underestimate a blacksmith, after hammering away on iron for years, he'd be just as savage against human targets as he is to metal."

Contestant Number:
"First one loses, the second one wins."
2.​

Personality:
"Well... I do have a softer side, even though I don't show it often."

Arn's personality is like that of an elk, he stands proud amongst those he calls allies, and isn't afraid to show that he is a person that would never the less stand by his closest ally and- if the time were to call for it, bash the heads in of those who opposed them. The side he often shows seems to be proud and calm, in reality: he's very often scared of the decisions that he's making, and once he realizes he's done something to hurt someone else vigorously, will go off alone to think about what he did, and might even require someone to talk him through.

Backstory:
"The Tale isn't a pretty one, but it's the one I was dealt."

Arn Woodson was the son of a blacksmith at the edge of Yakazuma, working the smith with his father nearly all day as a form of assistant. He didn't really get to see much of his mother, as his dad had explained to him that 'she volunteered for the Shi no Gëmu, and never returned". Wether this is true or not, Arn never got to find out as he was busy working constantly for his father, his childhood consisting mostly of hammering in iron and steels for clients who had wallets the size of houses that wanted special equipment made by someone who isn't on the book.

When Arn was growing up, he often had to fend for himself, and lived a life of constant ups and downs, never truely a time in his life was actually stable. That was until an officer of the law, who happened to be feeling generous towards Arn, decided to help him out- and and taught him numerous things. Some included how to stand tall for himself, how to deal with bullies and just in general how to escape the life of constantly working with his father in the smith shop.

All the police officer asked for in return, was for a favor to be returned one day when he got older. When Arn reached age of seventeen, his father was killed under mysterious circumstances, and within the same day he was found, Arn went to the smithshop and began working on something. For three days he was down in that workshop, until he finally emerged- clad in steel studded leather armor, and went down to the neighbors home. None knows exactly what happened, but when Arn came back out, he was covered in blood, his hammer clearly the murder weapon.

He was quickly arrested by the police for the murder of five men, and just as he was about to be sentenced, he announced that he was going to volunteer for Shi no Gëmu. Considering that he was a criminal according to most, he was granted his request to volunteer for Shi no Gëmu, and that if he survived- he would only have to stay in jail for ten years- effectively nullifying any gains that he would get from Shi no Gëmu, including the fame, money and power. Although others suspect that he isn't telling his complete story as to why he joined Shi no Gëmu as oppose to accepting the punishment that wouldn't threaten his life.

<>
Stats:
"I'd consider myself strong in standing tall, not directly the running type."

The Bear (Strength): 4
The Mountain (Endurance):6
The Library (Knowledge): 3
The Eagle (Accuracy): 3
The Cheetah (Agility): 1
<>​

Abilities:
"I got a few things I can show you."
Blacksmith's Son: Bonus to crafting related skills - in particular, smithing. Also gains a small passive amount of armour penetration when using blunt weapons.

Crippling Strike: Arn's next attack will deal highly reduced damage, but apply a moderate agility debuff that lasts for 3 turns.

Brain Damage: Arn's next attack applies a debuff to the target's accuracy OR knowledge - whichever is higher - for 2 turns. If the target has the 'Crippling Strike' debuff, they will take a large penalty to their agility and accuracy for a turn.

No Mercy: After one turn of charging, Arn unleashes a blowthat deals bonus damage depending on how injured the target is. If the target is affected by Crippling Strike when Arn hits them, the bonus damage increases even further. Missing No Mercy moderately debuffs Arn's Strength for 3 turns.

Starting Karma:
"If you're friendly, I'm friendly, if you're neutral, I'm neutral, if you're trying to stab me, you'll lack a skull."

Neutral.

Starting Weapon:
"This little beauty, is my love, life and parent."

One-Handed Warhammer.

Preferred Flavour:
"Peppermint. Definently peppermint."

Peppermint.​

Last edited:
Assassin.jpg

2zo9q2c.png

"Don't underestimate a blacksmith, after hammering away on iron for years, he'd be just as savage against human targets as he is to metal."

Contestant Number:
"First one loses, the second one wins."
Personality:
"Well... I do have a softer side, even though I don't show it often."

Arn's personality is like that of an elk, he stands proud amongst those he calls allies, and isn't afraid to show that he is a person that would never the less stand by his closest ally and- if the time were to call for it, bash the heads in of those who opposed them. The side he often shows seems to be proud and calm, in reality: he's very often scared of the decisions that he's making, and once he realizes he's done something to hurt someone else vigorously, will go off alone to think about what he did, and might even require someone to talk him through.

Backstory:
"The Tale isn't a pretty one, but it's the one I was dealt."

Arn Woodson was the son of a blacksmith at the edge of Yakazuma, working the smith with his father nearly all day as a form of assistant. He didn't really get to see much of his mother, as his dad had explained to him that 'she volunteered for the Shi no Gëmu, and never returned". Wether this is true or not, Arn never got to find out as he was busy working constantly for his father, his childhood consisting mostly of hammering in iron and steels for clients who had wallets the size of houses that wanted special equipment made by someone who isn't on the book.

When Arn was growing up, he often had to fend for himself, and lived a life of constant ups and downs, never truely a time in his life was actually stable. That was until an officer of the law, who happened to be feeling generous towards Arn, decided to help him out- and and taught him numerous things. Some included how to stand tall for himself, how to deal with bullies and just in general how to escape the life of constantly working with his father in the smith shop.

All the police officer asked for in return, was for a favor to be returned one day when he got older. When Arn reached age of seventeen, his father was killed under mysterious circumstances, and within the same day he was found, Arn went to the smithshop and began working on something. For three days he was down in that workshop, until he finally emerged- clad in steel studded leather armor, and went down to the neighbors home. None knows exactly what happened, but when Arn came back out, he was covered in blood, his hammer clearly the murder weapon.

He was quickly arrested by the police for the murder of five men, and just as he was about to be sentenced, he announced that he was going to volunteer for Shi no Gëmu. Considering that he was a criminal according to most, he was granted his request to volunteer for Shi no Gëmu, and that if he survived- he would only have to stay in jail for ten years- effectively nullifying any gains that he would get from Shi no Gëmu, including the fame, money and power. Although others suspect that he isn't telling his complete story as to why he joined Shi no Gëmu as oppose to accepting the punishment that wouldn't threaten his life.

<>
Stats:
"I'd consider myself strong in standing tall, not directly the running type."

The Bear (Strength): 4
The Mountain (Endurance):6
The Library (Knowledge): 3
The Eagle (Accuracy): 3
The Cheetah (Agility): 1
<>​

Abilities:
"I got a few things I can show you."

Blacksmith's Son- Working the smith with his father has given Arn good knowledge when it comes to crafting goods, and attacks against armored targets deals more damage due to his time working with iron and steel.

Crippling Strike- A quick attack aimed towards a leg on the target, if he hits he'll deal minimum damage, apply an agility debuff and empower his other abilities against that target.

Brain Damage- A strike aimed towards an opponent's head, if succesful, will daze them for two turns, causing their attacks to under go an accuracy/knowledge penalty, based on whichever is higher. If the target was previously hit with Crippling Strike, the target will be stunned instead for the duration. If Arn fails the strike, he will be too exhausted to do any abilities for two turns.

No Mercy- After charging up for a turn, Arn takes a strike at a vital point on the target, the damage of the ability increasing depending on how wounded the target is. If the target was previously struck with Crippling Strike, No Mercy will gain a multiplier based on Arn's strength. If the strike fails, Arn will suffer a -3 Strength penalty for three turns.

Starting Karma:
"If you're friendly, I'm friendly, if you're neutral, I'm neutral, if you're trying to stab me, you'll lack a skull."

Neutral.

Starting Weapon:
"This little beauty, is my love, life and parent."

One-Handed Warhammer.

Preferred Flavour:
"Peppermint. Definently peppermint."

Peppermint.
Great work! Accepted. Glad to have a blacksmith type in our midst.
"First one loses, second one wins."
#SHOTSFIRED. Somebody wants to get smacked with an umbrella.

Also, currently, Lemon & Lime is the most unloved flavour - loved only by an evil thief. Lemon & Lime will probably need a bit of moral support after Shi No Gemu is over, so for now, give it sympathy and some space, guys.

STOP, HAMMERTI- Uh... oh, right.

d8XJYhY.jpg

You are now Arn Woodson, 2nd​ member of Group 8.

. . . you should've gone to prison it's an easier option kid

Here's how your abilities will work mechanically. Though you did a pretty good job of explaining them. I can't do the stun on Brain Damage, as stuns as damn powerful in a turn based thing, but they'll get a severe debuff that will pretty much screw them over for a turn.

Blacksmith's Son: Bonus to crafting related skills - in particular, smithing. Also gains a small passive amount of armour penetration when using blunt weapons.
Crippling Strike: Arn's next attack will deal highly reduced damage, but apply a moderate agility debuff that lasts for 3 turns.
Brain Damage: Arn's next attack applies a debuff to the target's accuracy OR knowledge - whichever is higher - for 2 turns. If the target has the 'Crippling Strike' debuff, they will take a large penalty to their agility and accuracy for a turn.
No Mercy: After one turn of charging, Arn unleashes a blow that deals bonus damage depending on how injured the target is. If the target is affected by Crippling Strike when Arn hits them, the bonus damage increases even further. Missing No Mercy moderately debuffs Arn's Strength for 3 turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.