Shaving Legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brrr *shudders* I'm not pain tolerant at all. If someone did that to me... well I'd spend the rest of my life (probably) trying to guilt trip them.

I shave twice a week. I hate it, and in the winter I usually only go once a month, but in the summer I wear shorts way too much not to shave. I really don't have to. Unless someone's getting up close and personal with my legs you can't even see the hair, but I still do it on the off chance that someone might be looking.

As for guys....that's their personal choice, but I prefer a guy who doesn't shave. If I wanted to rub smooth legs, I'd be into women, and that's not my thing. But, I happen to have a thing for the old school manly men who don't shave, have rough hands, and don't give a fuck about what their hair looks like.

Reactions: Greenie
I feel you there. I feel strange without them.

Though I don't think this is as bad as the time my sister put duct tape all over my legs and I had to rip it off. Fucking hell it was worse than nair.
Ahaha. You are a padowan still. You grab a scissor and its no problem. I to have sadistic siblings.

I to have sadistic siblings.
Ah yes, aren't siblings fun? Especially when they are the ones that were bothering/tormenting you and they are really good at their acting so you get in trouble for their crocodile tears

Brrr *shudders* I'm not pain tolerant at all. If someone did that to me... well I'd spend the rest of my life (probably) trying to guilt trip them.

As a guy who's had parts of his body taped up or otherwise always in contact with adhesive nearly every day this year so far, I can assure you it doesn't get any easier ripping that shit off.

As a guy who's had parts of his body taped up or otherwise always in contact with adhesive nearly every day this year so far, I can assure you it doesn't get any easier ripping that shit off.
I can sympathize v.v Well, somewhat, since I'd have to help gauze and tape an open wound of my Mister's.

I can sympathize v.v Well, somewhat, since I'd have to help gauze and tape an open wound of my Mister's.

Your husband and I can be open wound buddies! I currently have a large abdominal incision that needs to hurry up and fill in.

Your husband and I can be open wound buddies! I currently have a large abdominal incision that needs to hurry up and fill in.
Yikes O.O get well soon, that sounds rather painful!

Actually, it's just itchy. It looks way worse than it feels. O_o
Ah :o yeah that sounds like a familiar pain. Still, good wishes your way. Can't be fun!

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
Are the nerves fried or something?
I remember when I was a kid (around the same time as my scary incident) that I had an open wound on my hand, it had to be dressed every day. As it healed and scabbed over, it would become extremely itchy. My mom would have to keep my from trying to scratch it.

Ah :o yeah that sounds like a familiar pain. Still, good wishes your way. Can't be fun!

Yeah, I can't go back to work until it closes up and it limits what I can do with my day to day, but it beats the alternatives!

Are the nerves fried or something?

No, they're fine. The itchy parts are just irritated skin. Usually your body gets used to stuff like this so it becomes normal. It would still hurt like a motherfucker if I hit it or bent the wrong way.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Been doing it since I was like, 13, so no, not weird

I do it because I enjoy the smoooooooooth! I put skin lotion on right after, too. Tis glorious.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
I remember when I was a kid (around the same time as my scary incident) that I had an open wound on my hand, it had to be dressed every day. As it healed and scabbed over, it would become extremely itchy. My mom would have to keep my from trying to scratch it.
... And the worst I ever got was a scabbed/bruised arm from trying to text and bike... But then again if Gravity wanted to be cruel I would have instead been flung in front of downhill cars (and likely killed)... So I'll take what I got. XD

Fun fact, my Boss at the time caught me repairing the bike from that stupid little stunt just minutes later.
No, they're fine. The itchy parts are just irritated skin. Usually your body gets used to stuff like this so it becomes normal. It would still hurt like a motherfucker if I hit it or bent the wrong way.
I guess I can get that... Odd imaging the body NOT screaming out in pain from an open wound though. o_o

I shave frequently. But the hair grows so quickly and so dark that I usually can't keep it smooth. It also grows too thick, so oftentimes when it regrows it will irritate the skin, and make it to where I cannot shave it again. I shave mostly because I really detest having dark hair all over my legs, but I've come to the conclusion I should look for a more permanent solution. Shaving sucks, but it is currently the only method I have.

... And the worst I ever got was a scabbed/bruised arm from trying to text and bike... But then again if Gravity wanted to be cruel I would have instead been flung in front of downhill cars (and likely killed)... So I'll take what I got. XD

Fun fact, my Boss at the time caught me repairing the bike from that stupid little stunt just minutes later.
Silver linings! :D But seriously that is scary o.o

I shave frequently. But the hair grows so quickly and so dark that I usually can't keep it smooth. It also grows too thick, so oftentimes when it regrows it will irritate the skin, and make it to where I cannot shave it again. I shave mostly because I really detest having dark hair all over my legs, but I've come to the conclusion I should look for a more permanent solution. Shaving sucks, but it is currently the only method I have.
There is waxing or using an epilator but.. yeah. Painful as hell. I did one leg once and after that was like "Screw that." Never again.

Reactions: Minibit
Silver linings! :D But seriously that is scary o.o
I've seen most people on Iwaku share worse stories than "I got lucky from how my bike flung me into gravity". :P

Status
Not open for further replies.