Shattered Darkness and Lost Memories(Actual RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Kagu-san stands in front of Mayako he can't stop pondering why he was so spastic, his words just continued with no site of a end. ''Yes i do know her, my father gave her one of the swords she currently wields.'' He said as he glances over at her, He looked back over at Mayako and bows. ''Nice to meet you'' He said politely, without any further words said about why he was there to see him. ''That would be a good idea.. since i have much to discuss, lead the way.'' He said to Aerias-chan.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
While making sure there were no wolves still lurking in the forest a bull like creature rams into him from a nearby bush. Arceus is thrown far into a tree. Groaning he tries to get up but that was too painful. Instead he rolls just in time when the bull rams itself into the tree. Using his magic he summons shards and rams them hard into the beast. Whistling for his dogs"Dinner!" shouting in amusement as the dogs tear the bull apart. Getting support from his dogs he stands up and unsheaths his dagger to cut off one of the bull's horns. Putting the horn in his pack he gets on his tallest hell dog and rides back to the village to find everybody going to the tavern. Covering up his wound he trails behind everybody as silently as he had gone.

Maxine paused in her steps, turning to gaze at Arceus. She sniffed once, in a wolf-like manner (like most of her actions were), and stood still, always on the balls of her bare feet, waiting for him to catch up. When he did, she walked beside him. "You are hurt," she stated simply, quietly enough so nobody else could hear; she could tell he didn't want to be noticed for his wound. She watched him, waiting for a response, hunching slightly as she walked to be ready to move should something else attack.
"It's not always the best thing to hide a wound. The creature who attacked you could harm you in ways other than just that gash. Poison, or psychological effects. One can never know," she added, wondering if he even really cared. While waiting for an answer, she reached out blindly and scratched one of the helldogs' heads.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Mayako eyes widened and his expression blushed a little as Aerias showed affection for him. It was not something he was used to receiving, not even from his family, so he wasn't quite sure how to react. His brash, humorous behavior was replaced by a meek, timid one. 'O-oh.. but I brewed that sake...' Aerias took his hand and started dragging him through the village, much to his surprise. He went without question, but wondered why she was showing him such a bright, cheery disposition. The last time he had shown this side of himself to people he was belittled and punished as an outcast. The Samahito technique was known for its merciful blows in battle, and not to over-do it as he had done before. However, he didn't protest as she dragged him through the village. He struggled to try and keep behind her because her pace was that of a young child. In his mind, Mayako questioned the girls intentions. What's her deal? First she's retching in pain then the next thing you know she's bounding off like a teenager. Certainly an interesting character. And what to make of this newcomer? Is he her former lover? Does he have intentions of informing her of her past? What will she think of me then? He glanced over at Kagu and noticed his sword, a wicked looking greatsword with intense edges and an eerie shape. It was almost as if it were crafted by the gods. He shook his head and continued to speak to himself. Nice sword, but with all that weight you'd be tagged three times before you could even get it over your head. I guess it's more along the lines of intimidation but who's to say? I'm interested to see how he handles himself. He looked around and noticed Arceus and the other woman had ran off, and he thought nothing of it. They had arrived at the nearest village inn and he stopped Aerias before they'd entered. 'Hey, Aerias. You don't have to give me this...' he returned her coin purse to her with more than what was originally in it, but she was unbeknownst to it. 'It's okay, really. But thank you for your generous offer.' He smiled as he looked into her eyes and felt something pang deep within his heart. It wasn't love, more along the lines of a need to protect her. To keep her safe from harm. To help her in her time of need. 'Kagu, what is it that you've come to find me for? My family is dead, and I have no intention of ruling the Samahito like it once was. I don't much care for relations between other clans, not that I don't care about them, but... it's just not my kind of business. I'm not good with keeping good ties with people.' He opened the door of the village inn for everybody who was still present with the group. 'Come on, we can discuss all this over a nice drink.' As he opened the door, a male bar-goer flew out and landed flat onto his back, groaning intensely. From inside of the bar he heard a drunken patron yell, 'That'll teach ya, freakin' punk!'

(By the way, just wanted to let you know that Jaks has green text as well so it'd probably be a good idea for one of you to pick a different color, we don't want to draw up confusion from it.)

Reactions: Charly Rene
Noticing Maxine showing worry for him "oh this?"pointing at the wound"its no big deal really" trying his best to keep his composure. Seeing Maxine pet his dogs"they seem to like you" commenting. "we should catch up to them" Grabbing Maxine's hand and running after the rest of the group. My main focus is to protect the princess not chase after girls, In his mind . Seeing a a male bar-goer crash out of the door of the tavern. Letting go of Maxine's hand he quickly rushes to Aerias' side and holds out his dagger."I'll handle this"

"GREEN TEXT IS MINE!!!" shouted the rouge as he tossed the last drunken fighter out the tavern

Jaks slowly walked over the mess that he and the other patrons had created. The drinks worked for a while but the Shadow was already neutralizing the alcohol in his blood. Jaks shuddered involuntarily. The sooner he was away from this Shadow, the better. But how?

Jaks looked up. A samurai and some dude with a knife stood, blocking his way.

"And who might you be?" inquired the quickly sobering rouge. "And by any chance could you stop shouting?"

(FINALLY! JAKS HAS JOINED THE PARTY...maybe...if we don't kill each other first...)

Excerpt from The Tome of Shadowmancy, Witchcraft, and Black Magic:

Shadowmancy is wildly considered as the most powerful magic to exist, only rivaled by illumancy. However, the price of using this powerful magic is that unlike all the other elements of the Mancers, the Shadow element is a living, sentient being that strives to control and eventually consume the wielder. There has been much discussion as to what the Shadow may actually be. Some say a demon while others say a new kind of creature. Some fanatics even worship the Shadow and calls it a god...

There is no known method of freeing a Mancer after accepting the Shadow. There are theories that a certain powerful bloodmancy ritual could break the bonds with the Shadow. The ritual, however, requires royal blood gained from betrayal. [BCOLOR=#ffffff] [BCOLOR=#000000] the Silver Beard, a renowned Mancer of 17 elements, denied such a ritual existed but had every recorded record of said ritual destroyed and the Mancers responsible for the experiment mindwiped.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Mayako stuck his hand out in front of Arceus with his palm open, as to keep him from doing anything irrational. 'I got this man.' He stood in front of the now seemingly sober bar brawler. 'Hey guy, don't you know it's bad manners to pick on drunk people? You should know better, especially with those weapons on your back.' He pointed to the people laying around on the ground in pain. 'And what the hell are you talking about green text? Did you get hit in the head too hard or something?' He pulled out his bottle and took a sip of his sake, then put it back into his sash. 'You see? This is how you drink and not beat people within inches of their lives. It's pretty easy when you apply yourself.'

Jaks decided not to tell the samurai of the Shadow.

"That a--hole was the one who threw a mug at my face," replied Jaks. "And in my defence, I was drunk as well. I just don't stay drunk for very long...call it a curse if you will."

Jaks eyed the samurai.

"But how about you? A normal person usually wouldn't walk into a trashed tavern and start lecturing."

"Also, tell that guy to stop talking in green text. That's already mine."

Aerias clenched Mayako's hand tighter from the man that had abruptly appeared out of the doors of the tavern. "I can make use of this guy." Aerias thought to herself. As she gripped Mayako's hand tighter as she spoke up. "We're here to have a drink! Care to join us? I'll buy sir." She said nervously. She looked at Mayako in hopes he'd understand they would need to be on their toes. This character looked intimidating, she then pulled Mayako inside and motioned the others to come in, and take a breather. When she got inside she sat down, and waited for the others to do the same.

Jaks studied the girl. She didn't look like much of a threat. He turned back to the other two men. He could deal with them but, he looked behind the two men, taking on the entire party at the same time would prove to be a challenge.

His returned his attention to the girl who had just seated herself.

"Alright, I'll take you up on your offer," Jaks shrugged as he made his way to the table. "And maybe we could trade some stories."

Maxine soon caught up, noticing the group heading inside. She studied the man who she had labeled as "Insane" until she knew his name. Insane took up on Aerias's offer, she could tell, as he followed them inside. 'What's he mean by green text?' she asked herself, following the others. She kept ready to move, as always, sensing something off about Insane. She continued watching him, not so much with interest but warily. Whatever it was, it made all of her instincts scream to get away as quickly as she could.
Maxine paused randomly, looking back at the woods for a moment to catch the glint of a golden eye in the bushes, watching her closely. She smiled to herself, immediately feeling more comfortable, and turned back towards the door, heading inside and immediately hunching in alert as the noise of the bar crashed on her ears. "Public places are too loud," she muttered under her breath, bringing her right hand up to cover one ear, eyes flickering around the bar as she took in all possible exits. She already decided she hated this place.

Jaks looked at the girl that entered the bar.

"If you're looking for an exit, I literally created like a dozen extra holes in the wall," Jaks said coolly as he gestured to several large holes in the wall.

His look turned into a glare.

"I know that look. I am not insane, just a little crazy. There's a difference" he stated.

His glare disappeared as he shrugged, "As for green text, you use a lighter shade so I'm cool with that."

Reactions: Trombone Geek
Mayako shook his head with disgust, 'What a nice bar this used to be... what a shame, this place has some very fond memories...' He pulls out his coin-purse, opens it, and put's down the money to buy the party some sake, along with a little extra to go towards repairs of the bar. This was his favorite place to come when he came into town to sell his harvest. He always considered him a part of the bar family here. Now it looked as if a tornado had swept through, this rogue man being at the epicenter of it all. 'If you need me, I'll be over here drinking away my earnings.' Mayako said, facing into his cup at the end of the bar.

"Who wanna start? No one? Fine I will.

Name's Jaks
I like to wear black
And crazy, yes, but not very

I know pyromancy
Which means very fancy
Fire tricks that can burn down armies

I weild dual swords
That have cut down many lords
As well as a lengthy blade-chain

I enjoy laughter
And drinking ale after
Listening to the pitter patter of rain

I don't settle down
I like to wander around
And stop at every town or two

But enough about me
You must find my story quite boring
So tell me a little about you"

Tailee ran through the forest barefoot, well she had shoes but they had holes so the ball of her feet could be free. She looked back behind and saw four more guys join the one who ambushed her. What did they want? Oh right of course. Her. She was indeed a rare sight in these parts of the woods. In the distance she saw what looked like a Tavern and upon closer inspection, she noticed that most of the walls were decimated. All but one. But there were people inside, maybe they could help her. Tailee ran faster and stopped looking back. Within a few minutes she was within earshot of the tavern. She screamed on the stop of her lungs. "Someone, anybody! Help!"

Tailee stopped and faced the five bandits. She set her staff down infront of her and spread fire out before her in an arc. Hoping to stop them or atleast slow them down she kept running towards the tavern. She run around the intact wall and through one of the holes in the other wall next to it. She stood there breathing heavily and looked around the wall. The five guys following seemed to have found a way past the fire and were making their way over.

One could have sworn they heard Maxine growl. She rose slowly, ignoring Jaks's prompt for backstories, she made her way to Tailee's side quietly, her eyes narrowed with silent rage. "I don't care what you want from this woman, but if you so much as lay a hand on her and I'll rip you limb from limb," she snarled. "I don't ever want to see a man touch a woman with the intent to harm, and I'm not about to let go of that now." She didn't attack, merely kept a close eye on them. A single twitch from one and it would be their downfall. Although, Maxine was crouching, for the most part, in a position most would deem difficult to move from, but for her it was natural.
"Well, what's your choice?"

Jaks watched with a cocked brow as one of the girls rushed to the newcomer's aid. The adrenaline from the bar fight hadn't quite died down yet.

"Nobody's gonna help her?"
He asked, looking around and sighed. "Fine I will."

He walked in front of the female would-be-saviour and spread his arms out. Five jackasses. That should be enough.

"Gentlemen! Why the hostility?" Began the rouge walking slowly forward. "Can't we all just get along?"

Jaks' elbow sank into the nearest man's ribs, breaking a few.

"Oops! How clumsy of me!" Jaks exclaimed as he spun around, smashing the back of his fist into another man's nose.

The third one was faster than the other two still standing. He charged the rouge, weapons drawn. Jaks merely stepped to the side, sticking out his foot, tripping the charging man.

"Really? Nobody's gonna do anything?"

Last edited:
Jaks unsheathed one of his swords from his back and buried it into the back of the sprawled bandit. He spun around and rammed the blade up into the broken nosed bandit's head. He then skillfully decapitated the bandit with the broken ribs.

All the while laughing happily as the Shadow slowly took control.

One of the two remaining bandits tried makin a break for it but a flying sword flew into the back of his head and out his mouth.

"And what should I do with you?" Taunted the Shadow drunk rouge to the last bandit. "Oh! I know!" He held up his right hand, pointer and middle finger pointed at the bandit while his thumb was pointed to the roof. "Bang." Jaks dropped his thumb as a flaming dart shot from his fingers into the man's mouth. "And fwoosh." The dart within the man exploded. Flames burst from the man's mouth, ears, eyes, even his nose, burning him from the inside out.

Jaks stood with his back to the group, catching his breath. He had shown the Shadow to them. Jaks quickly put on a stone face and turned around. He didn't make eye contact with anybody and spoke to the newcomer directly.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he put on a friendly, apologizing face. "Did they do anything to you? Take anything of yours?"

Maxine watched as Jaks killed every single bandit that had been chasing the other woman, but she shifted her stance to move away should need be. It wasn't that she found herself disliking the man, but more that she was wary, and a tad bit disgusted. She understood that any alive bandits would be able to regroup and launch another attack, but from what she saw Jaks do and from the looks on their dying faces, she knew they'd be too scared as it was. And then there was the matter of that other.. thing she had felt just now. She had nearly run off in fear herself as her animal instincts tried to kick in, and it was pure will that kept her still. She sheathed her sword though, never taking her eyes off of Jaks should the strange thing inside him decide she would make a nice enemy, or anyone else in their group for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.