Share Your Favorite Webcomics!

L

Levusti

Original poster
Hi guys! I'm a SUCKER for webcomics. Especially if they're good. There's something about anticipating the next page of a comic that is enticing and exciting and excruciatingly frustrating. It's what keeps me coming back for more! So share your favorite webcomics here.

Please put any warnings for mature themed comics, as some may not like these comics or be in an appropriate place to begin reading them. Thanks!

(Mature Content: Violence, Language, Nudity) So one of my favorite webcomics is Kill Six Billion Demons! I love the art style, the mythos, the character development. This one has my first lesbian OTP...And they kissed in recent pages and I lost my freaking mind. Besides all that, the mythos is something of worldbuilding more than just a "setting." It's breathtakingly beautiful, dangerous, and immersive. Ugh, I can't.

Another one of my favorite webcomics is Cucumber Quest! It's incredibly cute and has very Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door vibe to it--which isn't bad at all. Paper Mario has incredibly hilarious humor for being a "child's" game that I appreciated as an adult, especially the Thousand-Year Door. It's incredibly kid-friendly, but not so childish that a sophisticated adult such as myself couldn't enjoy it. I still read it pretty religiously, and I've been reading for about six years now. (SIX. WHOLE. YEARS.)

I have PLENTY others, but these are the ones that keep me occupied consistently. What about you?

The only webcomic I've ever read with any real interest is Scurry. There's something fun about a group of mice in an apocalyptic setting. I'd highly suggest it if you enjoy movies like Secret of Nimh.

19 days. Seriously if you like Shounen Ai, read it .w.

620269d824ae6f998a656ce88cdd75ff_1048.png

I have the unfortunate luck of finding really good webcomics only to have them go on hiatus. T^T

The Fox Sister
- (Warning: Violence) Basically about two sisters; one is a priestess and the other is a killer kumiho. On hiatus. But it's really worth a read.
Lackadaisy - (Warning: Violence, might be some language I don't remember atm) Do you like historical pieces about the prohibition? Do you like cats? Then this is the perfect comic for you! No longer on hiatus, but it was for like 3 years. lol

• Thank You
Reactions: Spekkun
The Property of Hate - real cool, TV head man and lil kid on an adventure in "Everything is a metaphor for something in the human psyche"-land

All Night Laundry - Hella confusing time shenanigans and clever boies

Nuco - Ninja with paint manipulation tries to steal a royal artifact, almost everyone is super incompetent.

Questionable Content - This is the one I've been reading the longest and started back in 2003. It's pretty much a slice of life comic that started off following a man and his robot and then snowballed from there. For me its quite interesting to look at how the art style has changed over the life of the comic. Updates Monday through to Friday.

Stand Still, Stay Silent - A post apocalyptic exploration/survival story that draws from elements of Norse mythology, set about 90 years in the future. This one is my favorite, partly because of the story and the setting but also because of the rather beautiful art style. Updates Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

Reactions: Spekkun
The Punchline is Machismo is one of my favorites. It's kind of a silly look at the "super manly badass" video game characters, has some ridiculous storylines, great characters, and lots of game character references.

NSFW Oglaf: Is it possible that someone doesn't know about Oglaf yet? It's naughty, witty, and usually only one or two comics per storyline (though some are more) so it's more like amusing one-shot jokes.

Existential Comics It's kind of absurd, usually random (often obscure) references about philosophy and philosophers but it still amuses me. With a bonus of learning random things?

The Fox Sister - (Warning: Violence) Basically about two sisters; one is a priestess and the other is a killer kumiho. On hiatus. But it's really worth a read.

OH GOD FOX SISTER. It's one of my favorites. I love Jaid Ait-Kaci's art. She also does SfeerTheory and it's totally a great read too. I follow her on Twitter and there's a comic about a witch and it's set in the 1920s-ish era by Ait-Kaci, and I REALLY REALLY wanna read it!

NSFW Oglaf: Is it possible that someone doesn't know about Oglaf yet? It's naughty, witty, and usually only one or two comics per storyline (though some are more) so it's more like amusing one-shot jokes

Oglaf is a hilarious read. It's so stupidly funny. I think one of my favorite ones is the Scheherazade episode, with the 100 Arabian Nights thing. I introduce people to Oglaf with that strip.

Reactions: Shiri
Sometimes I think I read too many webcomics.

My favorite is finally starting back up again after a 3 year haitus. Fisheye Placebo. Her story Knite is also great, and that one she plans on redoing with the story being a bit darker I believe.

Wilde Life - 481 is another I love. It is a humorous supernatural/adventure horror.

Then there is Mokepon. The perfect pokemon comic for those who like. It can be pretty morbid and I am guilty of laughing at some of this. If a pidgey getting run over by a lawnmower is too much for you, I would not suggest reading this. Comics - Prologue - Mokepon

Breaks is a BL story basically. Comics - Animated Cover :: Breaks

Demon of the Underground – A Webcomic (violence, sexual content, and explicit language). Pogo is one of my favorite main characters of the comics I read. Urban fantasy/Paranormal/LGBTQ.

Another one I like is Spectre, but I'm not linking that one due to how NSFW it is.

Chakra, a comic done with colored pencil, has amazing beautiful artwork.
Chakra -B.O.T. Chapter 1 Cover

One of the best comics I have read is Cura Te Ipsum. Not all of it can be read online anymore, but it is worth reading what is available. It can be a bit confusing though, because a multiverse can be confusing.
(1) Thirty Years

Two that have already been mentioned are Scurry and The Property of Hate. I have more I read/have read, but I should probably stop there.

*sifts through my lovelies*
Where to even begin....
Let's start off with the most 'tame'.

Ava's Demon
This comic has adult themes, but isn't mature in a sexual manner. At least it hasn't thus far.
Set in a more futuristic age it centers around a young girl named Ava ( *everyone gasps* ).
One who shares her body, and mind with a mysterious entity. To make a long story short throughout the progression of the comic we learn exactly what/who the being inside of Ava is. And in learning that uncover a lot of other elements that will take Ava across space, and to places she would have never reached otherwise.

It has a cyberpunkish feel, yet not quite.
Either way its a visual masterpiece, and the artist is extremely talented in a way I've yet to see in other comics.
That may not make sense until much later in the story though, after the progression of skill the artist goes through becomes more apparent.

Now onto the NSFW content:

Avialae
This comic is full of Mature themes via nudity, sex, etc. It is also very funny.
It also features same sex couples, trans characters, as well as racially diverse families.
So if you're not too keen on any of that then you may very well not enjoy it.

In terms of plot it is about a guy who one day begins to grow wings.
The story then revolves around how such a WTF occurrence influences his day to day life, as well as delves into how/why it all happened in the first place. All while introducing a slew of interesting individuals who are part of his life in some way, shape, or form.

Last, but certainly not least is my favorite webseries.
*drumroll*

Alife
This comic is extremely Mature. I can not stress that enough. Literally page 2, and beyond. Highly graphic.
There is a lot of nudity, sex, drama, comedy, and so on within this story line. In addition to that there are a plethora of varying sexual orientations present, as well as some BDSM/kink exploration throughout the progression of things.

Alfie is set within a Fantasy world filled with various species.
It mostly centers upon a young woman named Alfie, and her experiences as someone who begins to notice how stifled of a life she's led so far. Eventually setting off, and out to test the waters in a few different ways. But...is she the only one feeling that way? Hrmmmmm

With that being said it does shift POV ( point of view ) to other people depending on the focus of a particular chapter/scene, so you as the reader become acquainted with many other characters as well.
The artist is insanely talented to a maddening degree!
Simply amazing.

Last edited:
It can't get much better than Mokepon.

Don't know how to make links, but have several names of comics I love:

El Goonish Shive - a goofy comic about teens with aliens, magic, and tons of gender-bending.

Cassiopeia Quinn - sci-fi comic about a kind-hearted thief who hates to wear pants.

Un-Divine - a teen in a religious school sells his soul to a demon...to become president of the student counsel.

Ctrl-Alt-Del - a gaming web-comic.

Slightly Damned - a story of angels and demons, but not in the way you think.

Star Hammer - an Interstellar super weapon bonds to a 15-year-old girl.

Star Power - an Astronomer in space gains the powers of a star.

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire - not being made anymore, but still up to be viewed. A nearly perfect fantasy comic. Made Star Power, too.

JACK (Content Warning: Violence, Language, Nudity)
https://www.pholph.com/

There is also a warning when you are redirected to the page. It is definitely not work safe, and there are no pulled punches. There is no subject matter that it avoids. Don't let the fact that it's a furry comic put you off as it doesn't have an impact on the story. The stories are all very human and appeals to the macabre aspects of life. The art style is effective for the dark tone in terms of it being mostly layered pencil.

First arc throws down the gauntlet in letting me know there was no line it wouldn't cross, and is what drew me in to read further. As you read more of the arcs, you get more invested in the recurring characters as their backstories are more fleshed out. The evil isn't comic-book villainy, but has all too real motivations (although perhaps on the surface mundane), which lends to the ongoing horror.

Ava's Demon
This comic has adult themes, but isn't mature in a sexual manner. At least it hasn't thus far.
Set in a more futuristic age it centers around a young girl named Ava ( *everyone gasps* ).
One who shares her body, and mind with a mysterious entity. To make a long story short throughout the progression of the comic we learn exactly what/who the being inside of Ava is. And in learning that uncover a lot of other elements that will take Ava across space, and to places she would have never reached otherwise.

It has a cyberpunkish feel, yet not quite.
Either way its a visual masterpiece, and the artist is extremely talented in a way I've yet to see in other comics.
That may not make sense until much later in the story though, after the progression of skill the artist goes through becomes more apparent.
I second this one.

Another one of my favorite webcomics is Cucumber Quest! It's incredibly cute and has very Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door vibe to it--which isn't bad at all. Paper Mario has incredibly hilarious humor for being a "child's" game that I appreciated as an adult, especially the Thousand-Year Door. It's incredibly kid-friendly, but not so childish that a sophisticated adult such as myself couldn't enjoy it. I still read it pretty religiously, and I've been reading for about six years now. (SIX. WHOLE. YEARS.)
I delved into this one and can now wholeheartedly recommend it. It's a very clever and interesting comic ^^

As for some I don't think have been recommended yet...well, there are a lot, but I only have time for one.

Order of the Stick (warning for some sexual themes, violence, and dark story themes) is for fans of DnD, genre-savvy fantasy, and just general fun times. It doesn't have the most appealing art style at the start, but the fourth-wall smashing humor shines through, and the story has a lot of depth to it that I honestly didn't quite expect at first. Sadly, it doesn't update regularly anymore--it used to update daily, from what I understand, but the creator injured himself, and though he still updates, it is not on a set schedule.

Most of the webcomics I read are Japanese or Korean, and I love a wide number I'm not gonna list because objectively I know they're not all that spectacular. The ones I'd recommend are Live or Not?, Kingsmaker (warning for some mature content even though most of it isn't explicitly shown), Lookism, and Orange Marmalade.

Orange Marmalade is a cute story about a vampire girl in a modern setting where vampires are basically just people who can only digest blood and are discriminated against. It is technically primarily a romance, but a lot of focus is placed into the MC's growth as a person and growth of confidence as she starts to make friends and in turn change the way those around her see her people and the world.

Live or Not? involves an old couple who basically hate each other, but then suddenly become young again after falling into a wishing well together (but they arbitrarily switch between young and old so of course there are shenanigans). It's really funny, but it's also very heartfelt because you get a lot of flashbacks into how they got married and what happened to twist their views of each other and how much love and bitterness and uncertainty has mixed into a feud that actually isn't as simple as it first seems for them. It's ongoing which is annoying, but I've loved it this far.

(Minor warnings for scary things in this one, too.) Lookism is a fascinatingly psychological webtoon about a poor (financially) fat kid who is bullied in school until his mother decides to have him transfer, and when he does he one day falls asleep to discover he has a super handsome, super strong body and he switches between them when one falls asleep. It's a bit unrealistic in terms of all the high schoolers are like A-grade gangsters and there's a disproportionate number of stalkers and rapists, but it's very very very interesting in terms of challenging the way our physical appearance shapes not only the way other people see and treat us, but also how we see and treat other people. There's also a lot about complex family ties and I always go crazy about how it exemplifies a core concept in Korean culture, but I won't bore you with that unless you ask. Beware of super creepy drawings of people's faces at times.

(As I said before, mature content is addressed.) Kingsmaker is my current favorite though if the season two we're waiting for isn't as good, I'll be devastated. IT'S UTTERLY GORGEOUS. Is my first note. The drawings and colors are just amazing (my avatar is from this one). But it's also got pretty solid world building (mild fantasy and a fictional country need some good worldbuilding), and quite a strong story about a prince whose father is a horrifically corrupt and (I can't think of any other word beyond) EVIL king whose rule has devastated the country. With the help of one of the king's "children" (a title bestowed on a collection of young boys the king develops to torture and rape), the prince kind of tries to help the country and take down his father. It is boy's love, and I know not everyone is into that, so I don't usually recommend BL pieces to people in general, but the story is heart-wrenching, and I would argue the whole thing is well-made from top to bottom. Aesthetics, characterization, feels, story, and balance of romance and main plot, the last piece in particular being INCREDIBLY RARE. The romance isn't the main plot in this one (mixture of politics and action is included), but where it features it ADDS to the whole thing, neither feeling like a side note, nor feeling forced or overwhelming the more important parts of the whole.