Shards Ch.1 - How it all began...

Side note, I just realized that my original idea was completely shattered. I thought people would be mostly interested in colors... well I have one orange, one purple, one yellow, TWO whites and TWO grays.

Shows how much I knew. This is going to be AWESOME.

Reactions: Saki
Say I want to make a Red Mage, could he be one of these smiths who shapes the green, while not using the other magic outside of items made of the crystals?
Also, could it be possible to learn from this enigmatic 'super smith' to forge blue items?
Because, if so, I'd definitely like to work on a CS asap. XD

Picture.jpg

Name: Jonathan Smith

Chosen Color: Blue

Personality: Jon has never been one to sacrifice himself for the sake of others, not unless a debt is due. Yet, when it comes to friends, he will stand strong to protect them, never backing down despite the advantages that the enemy may have. Many see him as heartless at first glance, but he really is kind. You have to get through his emotional wall in order to see that part of him. Otherwise, he'll seem cool and emotionless and he can usually be found with a neutral face. Jonathan seems to have a short temper though, blowing up at anyone who makes a mistake, but this is due to the fact that, deep down, he cares for everyone and doesn't want to see anyone hurt.

Bio: Jonathan has had to struggle to survive. At a young age, his parents died, leaving him an orphan. Since his relatives lived many miles away, he had no way of getting to them and nor did they have a way to get to him. So, the young 14 year old boy wandered the streets alone. After a few days alone, Jon was beginning to starve since kindness was a rarity before the stones fell. People had to fend for themselves since life was hard.
When the stones began to fall, Jonathan was awed by the sight. Still being young, he rushed out and picked up several of the gleaming stones, burning his hands slightly on the red ones. After he had collected one of each stone (besides the burning reds), he rushed to his little corner and began playing and examining them. He was enjoying himself, but despite all the beautiful shades of color, his eye kept on being drawn to the blue. It was a beautiful shade of blue, slightly deeper than the color of his hair. He treasured it above all the other crystals and took absolute care of it... despite the fact that it never broke or acquired a scratch.
But then came a day that someone found him with his assortment of crystals. He pleas fell on deaf ears as the men shoved him aside and took all but the blue, having been deemed useless since there was no valuable use for it. Jonathan cried over the loss of his beloved gems and held the blue close.
Years passed, and Jonathan had run from the cities into the empty forest to survive on his own. He had a tiny, hand-built hut and kept himself fed off the animals of the land. Having been alone for the past three years, Jonathan had hardened and become more cautious around people. He still had his blue gem and had a tendency to only collect blue shards when they fell. On his free time, he would examine them and study their features and sometimes attempted to break the item (and of course, failed).

This is Jonathan today, in his little hut, examining the blue shards and surviving in the nearby forest day by day.

(Am I missing anything?)

@Caramon Zero - Sorry for late answer, I sorta just was sleeping (I work evening shifts). You COULD have been a smith - but the plot makes the player group move a little too much to really be able to stop and make things. Also, the mystical Blue Smith will not come into play until at least chapter 3 or 4.

As for your character - not missing anything as far as I can tell (maybe except how he got to the classes/how he heard of them), but it's accepted anyway.

Was that classes meant for me?
If so, he doesn't take classes... Unless you mean something else by classes.. he studies the crystals in his own in the forest... He hasn't had human contact in years...

Yeah - I mistook you for Caramon.

Also, he doesn't take classes yet - but the RP starts with everyone MEETING for the first official classes on color magic.

OOOOHHHHH I'm so down for this! Once I'm off work its off to character creation!

Sure thing - the RP will start proper tonight, but you should have until tomorrow to sign up.

also cheese for the mad god :D

• Love
Reactions: Caramon Zero
Awesome, I've been writing during work to pass the time and i have a chaacter im DYING to explore, and with that explosive little yellow stone I cant wait for it to be here. But, are you sure i wont make too many? You were shooting for 7.

I was shooting for 7 because I was thinking about having one for each of the main colors.

But now I got two blues, a white and two grays (which I wasn't initially planning to even allow), a purple, soon to be two yellows with your character, an orange...

So yeah, don't worry - the more the merrier :D

Hell - look at first post now, screw rule 7.

Name: Krimsun Blayse 'Lucky' Lukzfurro

Appearance:
Krimsun is a Human who stands at 6'5"/77"/~196cm tall, and weighs around 350lbs/~159kg.
He has broad shoulders, and is stocky, despite his height, making him appear as if he were a giant dwarve.
His skin tone can vary between a light peach to a deep tan, depending on the temperature of the location he occupies, usually in the darker ranges when he is working.
He is mildly muscular, and usually wears clothing akin to blacksmith's garb, which accenuates this, yet is more for practical use than for style, allowing both proper protection from intense heat, yet still maintaining dexterous flexibility.
He has soft, crimson eyes, that seem to glow with an inner fire, and long, firey hair to back up this claim, with a jawline beard and mustache to match.

Color: Red

Bio:
Taken in by a young dwarven smith, who found him upon a river bank near the mountain that housed his forge, Krimsun Blayse Lukzfurro grew up like any child of a smith: working the forge.
The dwarve realised early on that the child was a natural, shaping metals with ease into whatever he wished or imagined, and, after picking up his first green crystal, seemed to have an affinity for the life he fell into, making his first crystal dagger on his 13th birthday, when most would have had to be young men before attaining that degree of skill.
By the time he was 21, he had made a name for himself, his skill even catching the eyes of the king, who would send commissions to him from time to time as to what items the kingdom needed most, which was usually weapons and armor.
Testing them himself to be sure of their strength, he taught himself his own fighting style utilising two daggers and a greatsword, which he later made for self-protection, having a pair of purple daggers, one on each hip, and a large greatsword upon his back, which was coated in indigo powder during forging, instead of afterward, like most would do, oddly changing the blade to a deep crimson instead of a translucent green.
After he turned 24, he was selling his wares for fair prices to those in need of them, still taking on contracts, yet having sufficient surplus to send out due to the sheer number of crystals sent to him by the king, who sent couriers with orders, as well as to retrieve what had been made, with a decent sum of payment for his services.
Another year passed before he recieved a strange summons, calling him from his forge to study Color Magic, the king believing he may have the great skills at his disposal because he was destined to become a Red Mage, causong him to pack his favorite gear and head towards his destination, his father promising to watch the forge for him until he returned.

Krim obtained his nickname, 'Lucky', at the age of 23, after he fell into the forge as he was routinely placing the CHC(central heating crystal), the primary, and hottest, Red Gem for a forge, having survived an intense heat like no other, and finding it seared to the center of his chest, unable to be removed, and too hot to be healed over, yet it didn't harm him, seemingly bonding with him instead, as if the heat it gave off was proof of its own life, which it now shared with the one who took such great care to maintain its light for all those years.
He kept it hidden from view, yet, sometimes, the gem would give off a soft, red glow, usually hidden under a special green plate inside of his clothing, keeping him warm on cold days, as well as allowing even the most intense heat to not be able to phase him, as if the gem were alive and wished him safety in its warm embrace.

Disposition: Melancholic, yet Phlegmatic, meaning he is usually quiet and calm, yet he can show hints of having a more relaxed and upbeat attitude when he deems the situation calls for it.

sheogorath_decrees____by_jbob66-d4kshiy.jpg

Reactions: Hellomadgod
Name: Sir Gregory "The Left Hand" and "Leper Soul"
Also goes under a number of aliases developed after years of under-the-table mercenary work.
Appearance:
knight_by_beaver_skin-d5grk2p.jpg

5'7
Eyes that are so dull, and dead that one would be hard pressed to believe carried color let alone life.

Color: Green
Bio:

Gregory is a man of many names, and many faces. Twice to this day he has removed himself from the memory of the world by means of murder and blackmail. In this, his latest life, he has claimed the title of "Left Hand". Bestowed upon him by a senate of Lords and Heroes retired to acknowledge his mastery of five of the "Deadly and Divine Arts".
Gregory has on his person at all times a small velvet sack. Inside the sack? Pea sized Green Crystals of magnificent brilliance and quality. They were acquired by nimble and anonymous hands from secret treasuries throughout the world for his oral consumption. Arguably his only true vice. For without these little stones to quench his strange hunger he is known to go quite a bit... Mad.
Some say he is a King who lost his kingdom, others say he is a foreign spy trained in dark magic, a few even believe he is a specter not bound to this earth like any mortal. He, however, simply believes himself immortal. And as a mercenary?
"Worth e'ry pent..."

Disposition: Grim, Masochistic, Sadistic, Cruel, Eye for Quality, Belligerently loyal (so long as the coin is good)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Yoh, I showed this to my sister and she's interested.
She says she wants to be an Indigo, and she should get it posted up by tomorrow.

Sounds good - though word of warning. While I have planned a task to keep the people occupied for the first day or so of RP, it cannot last forever - and once that task ends, it'll be too late.

Name: Drayko Midas Knight
Appearance: Drayko stands at 5'11" and is about 185 lbs.
He has broad, rounded shoulders and has a lean build.
His skin tone is a light tan color from working on inventions in the sun.
He usually wears dark slacks and collared shirts.
His hair and eyebrows are a deep blue, almost black, color and his eyes are a bright blue that have a slightly indigo sheen.
Color: Indigo
Bio: He was born in a small town at the edge of the kingdom to a small family of clockmakers. The town was known for its great abundance of Indigo gems, making it the primary supplier of said gems to the kingdom. Besides his family being clockmakers, they were also skilled at creating powder from these gems, being able to create different types of powder for different applications.
As he grew older, he became more and more interested in modern technology and, using his mechanical knowhow and his knowledge of Indigo Powder, he decided to open his own business at 25, specializing in the construction of machinery.
In the few years before his summons, he had earned himself a reputation as a great inventor, designing everything from everyday household items to weapon of war.
Utilizing components delivered by the King's couriers, he fashioned himself a weapon to match his ingenuity: a curved blade attached to a retractable metal pole via clockwork mechanisms, allowing it to change between scythe, axe, and naginata, each piece carefully coated in Indigo powder to allow maximum durability.
Disposition: Loyal, protective, kind, steadfast, and reliable.

What if there were Crystal Golems (O.__o.) oh my gAAAAAAAWWWWWWD