Shards Ch.1 - How it all began...

I'd assumed I shan't be getting powers immediately, though in terms of what comes of my character's research would it be a pre-determined idea you have, or one we must discuss?

The powers themselves are a predetermined idea. However if you wish to discuss HOW to acquire them, it's possible - but mostly you'd need to experiment IC.

Okay, I understand. I'm sure my character will enjoy this. :D

Reactions: Yiyel
Time for another round of looking far too closely at what we know about gems and making wild guesses that might somehow turn out to be close to accurate! Today I'ma look at the yellow ones. Partly this is because I'm looking at the ones we have players for, making it a choice of yellow or blue (the known properties of gray: It's a rock). Partly it's because I like things that explode.

Yellow represents movement and force. Judging by their effects, it seems to me that they magnify the force/movement applied to them - the dust variant makes things easier to move around, and the crystals are described as 'volatile and explosive.' My guess is that they react explosively to impact. They magnify the force of any strike applied to them and all the movement energy inside them reacts to that. Am I close?

Ssshhhh at this point if you continue we will have nothing left to RP about ;P

Aww, last time was so much fun! :P Alright, but one thing: We do know that yellow dust is more stable, since it's used in the transport of goods and cargo (getting yellow dust is probably like getting orange dust, only you don't wear down your equipment as fast) and that the crystal dusts are used in metallurgy. Am I right in assuming that an item of 'yellow steel' has much the same properties as one coated in yellow dust? Making it easier to move and enhancing the force of the blow?

[Spoili]
e192a9e6e9801bb957e476f497bd67ef.jpg
[/spoili]

Name: Kastia Rose
Color: Purple
Bio: Kastia comes from Celestia, an eleven kingdom who are kind to all and do not usually participate in war, or violent activities. The Celestians are known for being precise, whether it's with Archery, Jewelry Cutting, or Armor Making. The Celestians just have one talent they are very good at. Connected to nature Kastia prefers to stay outside and in caves, she loves to find jewels and is precise in cutting jewels making the worth go from just that of a jewel to beautifully crafted jewelry. She has a blade dusted with the purple stone and uses it to carve things. She has very basic knowledge with arrow making but is useless when it comes to shooting an arrow or wielding a sword. Kastia's parents are simple merchants in Celestia and wanted her to find her way somewhere else in the world with her Jewelry making.
Disposition: Happy - Not Shy - Courageous​

*Pokes @Yiyel *
Uhm... I-I have an idea for white if I may have my input...

Since the white stone emit light, then of course, it would have to do with light. But maybe if you bend the light correctly, you may be able to create illusions. Also, if someone has control of light, then they also have control over darkness, since darkness is the lack of light, all the person would need to do is control light in such a way that they absorb it...

This is just the beginning of my idea thread... but if you like this, then I can start spewing out more ideas for your colors.

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be participating in the role-play, I just stumbled across this thread and decided to put my thoughts into it...
(Awesome role-play idea btw)

It's all good if you don't participate - thanks for checking it out.

Also, for the sake of plot development, PM me your ideas about all that jazz so that you don't accidentally spoil anything :D

FUCK ME I didn't see the two character sheets.

@BaskinJR - Rejected. Way too generic/short, and I can't stand people who use the phrase "knowledge beyond their years" - ESPECIALLY when in relation to young characters. It just feels like you're trying to superimpose a fantasy perfect version of yourself (I mean - there's the first phrase, he's 17, he comes AND SHUNNED a wealthy family just because... He could just as easily have studied in his home AND bought ancient tomes - though if you want to keep that story, you'll have to refine it - WHY did he feel he HAD to leave in order to study?) in the RP. This ain't Twilight. Fix up your sheet though - make an interesting character with an actual story and a personality a little less bland that "17 year old smart deadpan snarker with a heart" - and I will accept it if it's good enough. I wasn't asking for much - but you'll have to put a little bit more effort into it, the average highschool sarcastic isn't going to cut it (also sorry but he sounds like a total asshole on top of being bland). Also, please choose a single color.

@Dramma - Accepted. Love the character.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dramma
Name:

Cadence

Appearance:
904766fa93329634321d90b4fcb2eae2.jpg
Color:

Fully determined to discover the grey stones purpose and master it.
Bio:
Cadence can reach back through her memories to know that she was born in the Medi-Evil Era and she has come to grow attached to the forested scenery in which she has lived most of her life. She spends the majority of her tie in trees or on rocky ledges, adventure constantly calling her name. Cadence has met few people as she strays from major civilizations and tends to linger around the outskirts of the forests, often times wiht a small wolf at her side or a fox perhaps, maybe some other small tamable animals.
Disposition:
Cadence is normally an active person, keeping her bow with her at all times. She doesn't talk much but when she does it is something worth hearing. She can be a caring friend or she can be a brooding enemy. Either way, most of the time she remains in a neutral position and tries not to argue for the most part.

Ehh...

I'm slightly hesistant.

Gray was supposed to have a very specific role in the RP, and I'm not sure if I'd want a player with it...

Ah, fuck it. Accepted. We'll see how this goes. Also, I'll tell you the same warning as to white users: you'll need to research and experiment to get your powers.

@viahra233

Can do! Besides, I like building up the story first anyways so it's fine with me either way!

After I'm done defining 135 vocab words I'm going to write more about Celestia and my characters backstory for fun o.e but yeah back to defining vocab words!​

• Love
Reactions: Yiyel
@Yiyel I personally haven't seen a character similar to this before, with most people focusing on physical virtues, but I do tend to use it. Maybe it's time I took a different approach.

Also, he's meant to be a jerk xD

@BaskinJR - it's all good - you have until Friday (the IC will most likely be posted Thursday and by Friday we'll probably have progressed too much to have anybody join).

But yeah - you haven't, and that's great. I've seen a few myself on this very website, and shovel-loads on other websites before I came to Iwaku. Though if you're ready to take a different approach, you're very welcome.

Also, if he was MEANT to be a jerk, you succeeded hard - he's the kind of character that would attract the gods' smiting. XD

Name: Rennfield
Appearance:
image.jpg
Colour: Grey
Bio:
Was a pastor at an abby in London. Was violently discharged after a dispute over hours. When pushed out the door, he became acquainted to a shaman, who was a complete fruit loop, and he detested every single moment of being in this woman's presence. However, he did hear of the 'shards', and it attracted his attention. He decided to become a scholar of these things, and discover their virtues. Especially those of the useless and commonly discarded grey shards. Of course, he was an incompetent scholar... almost as incompetent as everything else he had attempted... but he was a scholar nonetheless, and he probably doesn't have any other prospects with his severely arthritic legs and arms.
Disposition: Senile, erratic and almost unapproachable. A typical crabby pensioner, and fumbles verbally and physically very often. His moral compass is extremely conflicted. Very unpredictable.

@Yiyel Glad to be accepted! It's a superb idea for an RP and I'd love to see it progress, especially since you've kept some ambiguity about it.