2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
So I have an idea to make a small roleplay about 4-5 friends that are based off of Shakespeare's character from various plays. Of course they will be based off of the pre-dead versions of them.

However i must warn you. Since they are a tight knit group of friends there must be a lot of discussion about their relationships.

Oh and no Romeo and Juliet. Why? Because I hate them. That story made me want to gouge my eyes out with my toes. You can have other characters in that story but not Romeo or Juliet.

By the way the character are based off of personalities so they can be whatever race/gender/age/sexuality etc.

Also someone please give me suggestions for a new rp name because Shakespeare Friends sounds like a damn Barney episode.

The rp takes place at a small high school college and it's a slice of life about the 4 or 5 friends.

Any takers?

When I get enough interest I will shift this to a proper Sign up thread, ^^

Last edited:
Hm...playing Lady Macbeth or Brutus could be a good challenge. But Lady Macbeth is a cursed role and I've done Brutus before, so I'll probably do the latter. I might re-read The Tragedy of Julius Caesar to refresh my memory.
Hamlet could be an interesting role, but that character would be monologuing like crazy, and that's not really my style.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Glad that I've got some interest! :D
What does AAB stand for by the way?

Oooh okay. ^^

Interested but I'm not sure if I've got time... >_>

Sometimes I wish RP'ing could be the equivalent of going to shool or working. I would take that full-time job any day!

Yesss me too. T.T Rping is so much more relaxing.

But script writing is coming up with stories all by yourself. RP'ing alows you to socialize and interact with characters created by others, making it far more dynamic and fun.

I am interested in this, but I am not sure if I will join right away. I'll keep my eye on the thread for now.

If I join these are characters I have my eye on. I need to go through them all and research their personalities before I decide who I am going to play. Characters I am most interested in I put a squiggle next to.

*~Achilles (myth) is portrayed as a former hero, who has become lazy and devoted to the love of Patroclus, in Troilus and Cressida.

• "Achilles' consuming rage is at times wavering, but at other times he cannot be cooled."
  • "Achilles, after his temporary truce with Priam, fought and killed the Amazonian warrior queen Penthesilea, but later grieved over her death. At first, he was so distracted by her beauty, he did not fight as intensely as usual. Once he realized that his distraction was endangering his life, he refocused and killed her. As he grieved over the death of such a rare beauty, a notorious Greek jeerer by the name of Thersites laughed and mocked the great Achilles."
  • "Enraged over the death of Patroclus, Achilles ends his refusal to fight and takes the field killing many men in his rage but always seeking out Hector. Achilles even engages in battle with the river god Scamander who becomes angry that Achilles is choking his waters with all the men he has killed. The god tries to drown Achilles but is stopped by Hera and Hephaestus. Zeus himself takes note of Achilles' rage and sends the gods to restrain him so that he will not go on to sack Troy itself before the time alloted for its destruction, seeming to show that the unhindered rage of Achilles can defy fate itself."
  • "Accepting his fate, Hector begs Achilles, not to spare his life, but to treat his body with respect after killing him. Achilles tells Hector it is hopeless to expect that of him, declaring that "my rage, my fury would drive me now to hack your flesh away and eat you raw – such agonies you have caused me".[10] Achilles then kills Hector and drags his corpse behind his chariot during Patroclus' funeral games."
  • "With the assistance of the god Hermes, Hector's father, Priam, goes to Achilles' tent to plead with Achilles for the return of Hector's body so that he can be buried. Achilles relents and promises a truce for the duration of the funeral. The poem ends with a description of Hector's funeral, with the doom of Troy and Achilles himself still to come."
  • Passionate, Appreciation of Beauty, Strong, Independent, Charismatic, Lazy, Easily Angered, Violent when angered, Able to recognize his mistakes, ect.
  • Bisexual
  • Aspires to to be a solider for the army or a cop

*~For Aliena see Celia from As You Like It, who calls herself Aliena while in her self-imposed exile in the Forest of Arden.
  • "Celia is beautiful, but with a beauty less sparkling than that of Rosalind."
  • "Celia is shorter than her cousin and less majestic in appearance."
  • "She has a gentle expression combined with a habitual serious appearance."
  • "Celia's love for Rosalind ((her cousin)) knows no limits". A sisterly love btw.
  • "Celia is silent and reserved."
  • "She is more conventional than Rosalind and hence more worldly prudent."
  • "Her silence is in contrast to Rosalind's talkative nature."
  • However, Celia, by her prudence exercise command over herself as well as over others."
  • "When the two cousins are alone, Celia is full of life and humour, but in the presence of others she is content to play the part of a spectator."
  • "She first listens and judges what to speak"
  • "Her love for cousin is pure and supreme."
  • Bisexual??
  • Volunteers at the library, but works for the college editorial
  • Aspires to be a writer

*~Cerimon is a lord of Ephesus in Pericles, Prince of Tyre. He opens the chest in which Thaisa had been buried at sea and, being skilled in medicine, he realizes that she is not dead and nurses her back to health.
  • Intelligent, Kind/Caring, Sheepish/Shy/Quiet, Trusting, Sympathetic, Observant
  • Aspires to become a veterinarian

*~Eleanor, Duchess of Gloucester (hist) is the wife of Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester in Henry VI, Part 2, in which she dabbles in witchcraft with disastrous results.
  • "Eleanor was beautiful, intelligent, and ambitious"
  • "Eleanor consulted astrologers to try to divine the future"
  • Astrology & Witchcraft
  • Straight

*~Hotspur or Harry Percy (hist), brave and chivalrous but hot-headed and sometimes comical, is an important foil to Hal, and leader of the rebel forces, in Henry IV, Part 1.[3]
  • "medieval English nobleman."
  • "one of the most valiant knights of his day"
  • Brave, Funny/Goofy, Kind
  • Chivalrous:
  1. having the qualities of chivalry, as courage, courtesy, and loyalty.
  2. considerate and courteous to women; gallant.
  3. gracious and honorable toward an enemy, especially a defeated one, and toward the weak or poor.
  • Hot Headed/Stubborn
  • Straight
  • Physically Fit
  • Aspires to be a pro quarter back
  • Volunteers
*~ Viola - Sebastian's twin sister, a shipwrecked young lady, the heroine of the play, later disguised as a young man named Cesario. Twelfth Night; or, What You Will
  • "the Sea Captain that tells her that this place is ruled by the Duke Orsino, who is in love with the Countess Olivia. Viola wants to serve her, but, finding this impossible, she has the Sea Captain dress her up like a eunuch, so she can serve the Duke instead."
  1. Eunuch: a man who (by the common definition of the term) may have been castrated, typically early enough in his life for this change to have major hormonal consequences. In some ancient texts, "eunuch" may refer to a man who is not castrated but who is impotent, celibate, or otherwise not inclined to marry and procreate.
  • "Viola chooses the name Cesario, which in Italian means 'little Caesar', and secures a position as a page working for the Duke. He then entrusts Cesario (Viola) to express his love for Olivia.[3] Cesario continues to pass messages back and forth between the Duke and Olivia"
  • "She does not, however, use her disguise to enable her to intervene directly in the plot (unlike other Shakespearean heroines such as Rosalind in As You Like It and Portia in The Merchant of Venice), remaining someone who allows "Time" to untangle the plot"
  • "Viola's persistence in transvestism through her betrothal in the final scene of the play often engenders a discussion of the possibly homoerotic relationship between Viola and Orsino."
  • Independent, Strong-Willed, Passionate, Intelligent, Mischievous
  • Pansexual
  • Cross-Dresser
  • Aspires to be an actress or a director or a tattoo artist
*~ Sebastian – Viola's twin brother, supposedly drowned in the shipwreck, but actually alive and visiting Illyria. Twelfth Night; or, What You Will
  • "By your leave, no. My stars shine darkly over me. The evil influence of my fate might perhaps infect yours; therefore I shall crave of your leave that I may bear my evils alone. It were bad repayment for your love to lay them on you." He was saved by Antonio who instantly fell in love and devotes himself to Sebastian, but Sebastian believes his sister to be dead. Thus he is grieving and doesn't wish to impose on Antonio's kindness any further thinking it would be distasteful. This makes Sebastian incredibly selfless and considerate, thinking of the well being of others while he himself is unwell.
  • "No, truly, my voyage is mere extravagancy. I perceive in you so excellent a touch of modesty, that you will not extort from me what I am willing to keep in; therefore it charges me in manners the rather to express myself." He realizes that Antonio is being modest and caring when Antonio persists that Sebastian talk to him about his grief. Sebastian gives in, and agrees to open up to Antonio.
  • "If the heavens had been please, would we had so ended! But you, sir, altered that; for some hour before you took me from the breach of the sea was my sister drowned." He wished he had died along with his sisters, showing that Antonio feels his emotions strongly and is very passionate towards his relationships with others.
  • "I am yet so near the manners of my mother, that upon the lease occasion more mine eyes will tell talks of me." A "manner of my mother" means that he acts like his mother. He is expressing how feminine and womanly he is because he is crying over his loss.
  • In the Twelth Night: Act 4, Scene 1, Sebastian meets a clown that is mistaking him for his sister, who disguised herself as the man Ceasrio, and tells him that the lady Olivia wishes to speak with him. Sebastian, having never actually met Olivia and the other casts, thinks the clown is joking and asks him to depart for he does not wish to be entertained with jokes. He gives the clown some coin to get him to leave, and the clown expresses how generous that is of Sebastian ((probably being sarcastic)). Three noble men enter the scene, and have qualms with Sebastian, again thinking him to be Ceasrio, and openly attack Sebastian. Sebastian responds immediately by striking back, which shows that Sebastian is capable of defending himself when provoked. I believe that Sebastian is a pacifist who will only engage in combat when attacked fist.
  • "My kind Antonio, I can no other anser make but thanks, and often good deeds are shuffled off with such incurrent pay…you should find better dealing. What's do do? Shall we go see the reliques of this town?" Basically, Antonio is without money, therefore he cannot pay Antonio for his unwavering kindness and generosity. He expresses how appreciative he is with immense gratitude, and states that his thanks are not good enough for Antonio's good deeds. He decides to repay Antonio by spending his time with him (( LIKE A DATE SEBASTIAN!? * ^ * Come one, where's the fan service! Ugh!)) and asks if they should go see the museums and monuments. Judging by this I partake Sebastian is actually extremely generous, and appreciative of others. Also that he likes sightseeing, and the history and culture of other places.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AAB
I like this idea...Shakespeare is a favorite of mine and I would love to be a part of this.

Awesomee, although now I'm a bit intimidated cause I have not read that many works of Shakespeare. xD But yeah, Imma make the IC soon and it'll be one character per person so @Vio you're gonna have to make a difficult and agonizing choice. >:

Awesomee, although now I'm a bit intimidated cause I have not read that many works of Shakespeare. xD But yeah, Imma make the IC soon and it'll be one character per person so @Vio you're gonna have to make a difficult and agonizing choice. >:

Ah yeah I'm gonna enjoy this because I think I know what character I wanna be :3

@AAB
@Vio
@C92cool

Oh before I make the Sign up, are there any suggestions for a better rp name than Shakespeare Friends?

So far I have Act 1 Scene 1

and

Shakespearean Comradery

Oh and should the friends be in high school, college or fresh out of college grads

@AAB
@Vio
@C92cool

Oh before I make the Sign up, are there any suggestions for a better rp name than Shakespeare Friends?

So far I have Act 1 Scene 1

and

Shakespearean Comradery

Oh and should the friends be in high school, college or fresh out of college grads

I think the title is fine. Personally I feel either in college or just getting out of college would be the best, but we all should take a group vote on it.

My heart is breaking lmao

I might be a bit late in picking out my character and making their bio. I'm in like seventeen different role-plays now and I have finals this week. Sorry if that's an inconvenience. Also, I like the idea of the friends being college students, I feel like that is something I personally will be able to relate to right now because I am a freshman at my local college and I'm on the struggle boat. Perfect chance for me to vent my frustrations through my character.

Ho Ho!!!!! I shall be Banquo from Macbeth, but the bio and all will come later. Personally as a junior in college it seems like the most open, free and wild one to pick and offers the biggest variety that the friends can be.

@Vio
OhMiGawwwwsh twinsies! I'm a freshie in my local college too! :3 But my finals are next week :D

@Vio
OhMiGawwwwsh twinsies! I'm a freshie in my local college too! :3 But my finals are next week :D

Hahaha, that's cool, do you have any idea what you are going to major in yet? Speaking of twinsies, I might pick on of the twins from the twelth night but I am not sure. Still debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.