Ok, so this is a 4th Edition/20th Anniversary Edition Shadowrun game. Character Build is using the standard 400 BP. No more than half of this may be used on Attributes (in other words, you've got up to 200 points for attributes, and 200 for other stuff, including race). You may buy UP TO 35 BP worth of Positive Qualities using your starting BP. You may recieve UP TO 35 bonus BP from Negative Qualities. If you're new to this kind of character creation, I suggest staying in the Core Book.
A few notes:
1) Do not worry about paying for a Lifestyle. That'll be taken care of.
2) This game will (mostly) take place in Indianapolis, Indiana, UCAS in the year 2072. If you're not familiar, do a bit of research. Wikipedia is fine. Many locations will be changed, though several historical ones will remain mostly the same.
3) This game has 2 GMs, myself and Vay. I will be handling the main story, while Vay will be in charge of character-driven (ie, influenced by backstory and what you do in the main story) side-plots in between chapters. So the better the your background, the better Vay can do his job.
4) I WILL be trying to kill you, because as Shadowrunners in 2072, that's just how things are. I will, however, pull my punches from time to time, because making a character is a bitch, though don't think this means you'll get out with a simple KO. There will be consequences. >:D
5) In addition to your real name and alias, you will also need a Username for the In-Game Chatroom 'Pariah'. You will also need a name for each Fake ID you own.
6) Before play in the IC starts, there will be about 3 sessions of play that will take place in the CBox's RolePlay Box. This will simulate the meetings in Pariah. We will need to discuss the best time for these sessions. More sessions in Pariah may take place as plot dictates in the future.
7) Here is a link containing alot of Shadowrun Slang. I like, you like, everybody like. http://www.intercom.net/user/logan1/glossary.htm
I forgot something rather important: Books
Here is your book list: Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Edition, Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Street Magic, Unwired.
These books can be obtained from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b906640685131e1fab1eab3e9fa335ca379a3303ad56d9b7#ktv7v4cm64f92,1
Also, you may want to try and find the Sixth World Almanac for a more detailed history and description of many of the remaining countries.
Password will be revealed later this week
The password is horizons