Shadow Spartans

OOC: do we continue without the others?

"That!" He cut himself off. "Is probably a good idea." He continued and walked back to the team. "I think we should rig this place with enough explosives to see the explosion for the other side of the system." Scorch's A.I. piped in. "Great idea! She has my vote." Scorch replied.

OOC: not sure :/

Monica rolled her eyes playfully, "This is a stealth mission, Scorch. Lets keep it that way and decide against alerting the entirety of the covenant forces of our position~..."

"Well if we're on our way out we might as well leave them a large parting gift yeah?" Scorch laughed.

Nodding as his Team was adpating well and seeing how anyone of them could take lead if something should happen to just as this thought occured to him the sound of an energy sword igniting to life then felt the pain with in his back he looks down to his chest and sees the sword purturting from his chest "Finis- finish the mission" Taven signel would fade from sensers.

(Sorry guys but i am leaving the RP and Possibly Iwaku i hope you continue the RP)

(That's sad. D:)

"Boss!" Scorch yelled and began to run to Taven's last known location. He thought he could save him, or at least avenge him. "Can you read me boss?? Boss?!"

"Captain!!!" Monica furiously searched for life forms using her HUD and found 12 around Taven's last signal, "Dammit! Taven!" When she didn't receive a reply, she growled in frustration and ran off after Scorch, "Boomer, calm your head and think! You're running straight into a 12 man platoon by yourself. Get back here and leave the bastards to the explosions! Honor Cap's dying wish!"

(I think we're the only ones actually still doing this rp..)

Scorch stopped himself and nodded. "You're right. This means I get to press the button then?" He said and began running back to the main floor where the crates of explosives were. He started placing charges on them and primed them for a command detonation. "Charges set. Lets get out of here."

((Guess so :/))

Monica loaded up on grenades and primed her weapons for the coming escape. Nodding to him, she called for extraction then looked out the window to the ground and the 5 story drop; easily survivable. She also took note of the many Covenant platoons entering the comm station, "Let's take the window route and blow the joint to pieces."

"Copy that. See you at the bottom!" Scorch threw himself through the window he curled himself into a ball and turned his shields to maximum below him. As he hit the ground he bounced like a ball, he bounced once more before coming to a stop and climbing to his feet. He started to shoot at what seemed to be a hundred grunts surrounding him. He watched his ammo counter drop rapidly from 60, 38, 25, 10, 0. He dropped his mag and slammed his last one home and kept firing. "Last mag!" He yelled to Monica.

She jumped from the window and managed to land in a tree, "Heads up, Scorch!" she yelled over comm and dropped her assault rifle and its ammo over his position, "I see our ride, let's get moving!" She pulled out her Sniper Rifle and began to take out the various elites and jackals littered on the ground. Thankfully, she didn't see and hunters or brutes.

"Thanks" Scorch replied and went to pick up the assault rifle before it being blocked by more grunts. "Damn these guys are annoying." He said and pulled out his shotgun and began brain blasting the poor grunts. He looked at their ride approaching and kept killing grunts. "Keep on your toes, the most dangerous part of a mission is the end when you're about to leave." He said remembering Dr. Halsey's lessons.

"Right." Monica replied, jumping from the window and rolled gracefully to her feet. She followed the trail of grunt bodies behind Scorch and kept her eyes peeled.

"Excuse me, ma'am," Came the voice of Orion, "but I am picking up a flurry of activity surrounding the Pelican. The window is small but you will have little more than 10 seconds to board the Pelican before the enemy penetrates the vicinity and destroys it."

Monica let out a breath of annoyance, "Thanks, Orion. Let's double-time it, Scorch."

"Copy that." Scorch replied and sprinted toward the pelican. He climbed in and held his hand out to Monica. "Come on!" He yelled to her as the pelican slowly began to inch away. "You know, a few explosions might buy you more time." Scorch's A.I. Evangaline said. "Eva, uou just want something to blow up." Scorch replied. "Don't you?" Evangaline replied coyly. After a long pause Scorch replied with, "Yeah.. I do." Before Monica got onto the pelican Scorch grabbed a rocket launcher and fired off a few rounds at the advancing grunts. After he fired the second shot he held out his hand back out to help Monica onto the pelican.

(Sorry just now thought of a name for the A.I. and couldn't really think of a good one. >...<)

(No big)

Monica grabbed his hand and jumped into the Pelican as it was lifting off. With a quick twist, she grabbed a rocket launcher in the corner and turned around to the advancing fleet, throwing a few rockets among their midst.

The pelicans ramps closed as Monica's rockets flew out. The ramps closed but stayed open just enough for them to watch. Scorch pulled out a detonation trigger. "Ready for some fireworks?" Scorch said with a wide smile on his face. "I am." Evangaline replied.

Monica nodded to him, smirking behind her helmet, "Give 'em Hell..."

Scorch started to laugh evilly and pushed the button but... nothing happened. When nothing happened when the button clicked his laugh stopped instantly and he looked at the detonater. He began clicking the button like there's no tomorrow when suddenly.. There was a blinding light and followed by a bone shaking shockwave, later came the sound of the monstrous explosion. Scorch put his hand over his faceplate then dimmed his visor but was thrown onto the floor of the pelican from the shockwave.

The Pelican jumped around erratically before starting to fall out of the sky, "We're goin' down! We'll have to jump into the water!" Monica ran to the pilot and grabbed him by the shirt collar, "We're getting you out!"

He shook her off, "A captain sticks with his ship, ma'am. I'll try to steady the ride."

She stared only once before saluting and running to the back of the Pelican, punching the button for the ramp. Below them was the water from the massive lake and it was inching ever closer.

Scorch stood next to Monica and prepared to jump. "I don't like swimming.. Especially in an alien lake.." He said calmly and looked to Monica. He playfully hit her in the arm. "If we don't make it, it's been an honor ma'am." He nodded to her respectfully.

"Don't get all mushy on me. If we don't survive this we deserve to die. We've been in much worse situations..." She straightened her shoulders then, "And the honor has been mine..." With that, she jumped from the Pelican.