Shadow Samurai (OOC/Sign-Ups) CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can accept one more. Sorry for being so busy. College and work.

Alright then. Better put that we are no longer accepting into the title then.

Welcome aboard, Daws!

Boop still here

Good to hear.

Well, thanks for letting me squeeze in. I'll get a CS to you, soon enough

Name:
Yōshanai Kaze

Appearance:
Lordnecro_samurai_by_ColectivoBazofia.jpg

Weapons:
Kaiken
Wakizashi
Katana

Personality:
Outgoing, brash, Courageous, Sadistic, Honorable (To a fault)

History:

Kaze was born to a Samurai in the Hoseki prefecture, living in relative comfort for a good part of his life. He would often get into fights with the other kids, pounding them mercilessly with a Bokken he had.... acquired from his father, Ritoru. While his mother was always distressed when Kaze came home covered in cuts and bruises, his father was always supportive, of him. "That boy will grow up to become the greatest Samurai this world will ever see," he always used to say. His mother forbade the very concept, but Kaze was ecstatic. He, just like all the other children, had always dreamed of becoming a Samurai. So, when he was finally old enough, his father taught Kaze everything that the boy would need to know. At age 18, he was a fully fledged Samurai. His first battle happened when he was 19. Most say he hasn't been the same, since.

Block. Strike. Don't sweep the leg, no matter how much you wish, to. Your temptation must never get the better of you. Kaze grinned and dropped, lancing out kick into his opponents legs. Sorry, father. The wooden Kaiken just barely made contact with the man's chin, stopping the practice fight, immediately. The man stumbled away, rubbing the bottom of his chin with a scowl. Always with a scowl, Kaze thought. These people held their honor too tightly. You were either light on your feet and resourceful, or devoid of breath in the afterlife. That's how combat worked. Honor had no part in the clashing of steel. As his next opponent approached, he considered a strategy, to beat him. The man was large. Very large. Built like a tree and, it seemed, only half as stupid. Kaze would have to rely on that other half. He would have to study the big man's moves and see where the tree came into play. See the tree. Don't be the Tree, Kaze thought with a snicker. Someone should write these things down....

The larger man fell to the floor as Kaze tried to slow his breathing. Always breathe slow. Never appear as if a battle has caused you strain. No samurai worth the blade he wields will tell you he has come from a difficult battle, even if he lacks an arm or a leg because of said battle. All wise words, from his father. The ones Kaze took to heart. Slow clapping could be heard from the entrance of the practice arena. Every single man in the building was bowing to the unknown figure behind Kaze. The samurai slowly straightened himself and looked over his shoulder at the older gentleman in the black robes. One of Soragawa's advisors, no doubt. Kaze stood and bowed to the man, who beckoned for the room to rise. They did. The man took a few steps over to the man who lay defeated, on the ground. A frown crossed his face, looking up at Kaze. "Did you defeat this man, young Samurai?" Kaze nodded, breathing slowly. Always slowly. The old man laughed. He turned and walked over to one of the windows, looking over to some birds eating nuts in a tree. "Tell me, young Samurai. Do you have an eye for birds?" Kaze shook his head. "I do not. However, I do have one for beauty. Will that help?" The old man turned to look at Kaze, frowning. Kaze sighed. "Very well, then. It seems I must explain this one..." The old man smiled and put his hands behind his back. "Please do." The samurai bowed to the older man and shifted his legs to a more comfortable position. "I hold the philosophy that we, as humans, have three sets of eyes. One pair for survival, one for combat, and one that is unruly. One we must train. In training this third pair of eyes, we can make it into anything we wish. I have trained myself to see beauty. A talent unknown to most men, much less most Samurai." The room was silent for a few minutes before the old man chuckled. "Very well, then." He straightened his back, smiling at Kaze. "For your impressive show of cunning, intelligence, strength of body, strength of mind, strength of soul, and strength of," a small chuckle, "eyes. I, Tesoru Yashagami, loyal advisor to our lord Soragawa-dono, hereby appoint the Samurai Kaze-sama to the personal guard of our Lord. Congratulations, Kaze-sama." The entire room erupted into applause. Kaze didn't know what to do. So, he did nothing. He bathed in the glory. A single, deep breath.

Breathe slow, my son.

Extra:
Kaze is ambidextrous and has a scar on his left cheek he refuses to explain the origin of

Last edited by a moderator:
While it is beautifully written, I am afraid I have to ask you to revise your profile. The samurai do not know about the assassination yet, as that is the start of the IC plot. Instead, please just give a bit more of Kaze's background, perhaps how he became one of Soragawa's head samurai, or where he comes from. I understand how the mistake was made, as Revan has not had much time to revise the first post, so I apologise for any misleading information there is throughout the thread.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daws Combine
Kage! I just noticed you signed the map, Kiyomizu -'14. Nice touch!

Thank you, Daws.

Firefly- It is Shimizu, actually (though they are one in the same, with Kiyomizu being a more archaic form of Shimizu). I try to remember to sign my work, though I typically use English initials as my handwriting with my tablet is pretty awful. Kanji just looked nicer on this one.

KageKaioh - Firefly is a nice nickname, and I have no problem with you using it, but my screen name is actually firejay. *giggling to self. Ah. I knew that Shimizu was one way of pronouncing it, but I assumed it was Kiyomizu b/c that was your character's last name. Is your real last name Shimizu?

Ah, forgive me! I did not notice I had mistyped it. And, yes, it is.

*laughing. It's no problem! You can go ahead and continue calling me firefly if you like, it's kind of interesting to expand my nickname list. You have a beautiful last name, Shimizu-san! The Japanese reading of the kanji of my last name can be Sou, Tao, Chou, Tsuao, or Tsukasa. *laughs, but that's just a fun fact. Unless you use it often I probably won't realize that you're trying to refer to me.

Arigatou gozaimasu. *smiles* It is a fairly common last name where I am from, but I do like it, as it is a name with much history. I will probably just continue calling you Firejay (or Firefly when I mess up again... I am sure it will happen). I am not one to really give nicknames to people.

Reactions: firejay1
Alrighty then. I didn't know Shimizu was a fairly common last name, though, it's true I haven't met that many Japanese people, but I've heard that very rarely.

In Kagoshima it is, or at least it was. I have not been there in over 15 years, so I could not really say.

Where is Kagoshima? One of the Okinawan islands? (Which is just wild conjecture, b/c it's got shima in its name, even though I'm sure there are plenty of "shima" names outside of Okinawa)

Kagoshima is the southernmost prefecture of the island of Kyushu, which is the southern most region of Japan, aside from Okinawa. Kagoshima also includes most of the ryukyu isles. I got to spend a lot of time on the islands growing up; I especially love Yakushima. The dense, ancient forest has a quality to it that one never forgets. I really want to go back there someday.

By the way, just in case you did not know, "shima" just means island. Thus, there are many places in Japan that have it as part of their name.

No, I did know that. That's why I was wondering if it was an island, and then kind of laughed at myself for that.

Ah, alright. If you want a better idea of where it is, a quick Google maps search highlights the whole prefecture. At least, I think it does.

Reactions: firejay1
Status
Not open for further replies.