Shadow Runners

Kreig cocked an eyebrow before he put out his cigar and stood to his full intimidating height. At six foot four and two hundred pounds, give or take, the old man kept himself in shape, his bulk wide and well cut across his frame. “Look boy, I’ve hunted things outta your nightmares since before you could walk. Ya wanna go then sure we can fight but neither of us is gonna be commin out of it pretty in any sense of the word ya got me?” He said keeping his voice level as his fists clenched “So instead of throwing down and ruin’in this pretty little place why don’t ya calm down and get the one I am suppose’ta be seein.” The older man pulled out a note and rattled off the address of the restaurant, not wanting to reveal too much to the lad but taking a leap of faith. “Besides I wouldn’t wanna waste the time fightin you when I could better use it huntin wolfs through these here city streets. I am pest control as some would say, and Robert is to.” He let the statement linger as he reached into his jacket pocket, wrapping his fist around a pair of silver knuckle dusters, if the boy was going to attack, to hell with fightin fair.

Mean while Bob was at his office locked with N, who just asked him if he thinks Drake is leader material.
"Well to be honest with you N, the answer is yes and no."
Bob said not giving him time to answer and continued.
"No, because the boys is obviously not ready, he has yet much potential inside him to master."
"Yes, because he does have the potential but he's used to rely on us, he can't assume the responsibility, so he can't take his power seriously and become all he can be, if he was given more responsibility he could use the adrenaline to master is power."

N raised an eyebrow. "I was actually only expecting a 'no' from you. The 'yes' part is a pleasant surprise." He smirked a little. "Especially since for me it outweighed the 'no' portion of your answer." The shape-shifter scratched his head, "You know I'm getting very old Bob. Even my shape-shifting ability can't create a healthy young organ anymore... I just wanted to make sure that someone will be here after I'm gone..."

The Chinese man tanked the blow the demon gave him on the stomach. Being a Runner, he too had exceptional strength and durability. A single punch like that wouldn't dmuch, but when the demon was at full power, he wasn't really sure. At the silent mental command the bluish white flame roared into life and they shot off, surrounding the demon in its otherwordly incandescence. He closed his palm, and let the flames close in on the demon. It wouldn't burn him physically but it would burn away its capability to use magic, bit by bit.

Nograd felt his energy slowly fading away. It must be this flame that is surrounding him. He had to get out of the flame somehow. So he tested it by clawing at it. His hand bounced back not doing any effect, but somehow he knew what he had to do. He roared letting some of his dark energy flow out of him the energy clashing with the flame. The flame shook every so often but to no effect. He rammed the flame with full on tackles, but still to no avail. He roared again a hole opening in the flame. He shoved his arm out of it just as it closed again. A red flame came from his hand as he shot it towards the man.

The Antimage shook his head and chuckled softly in amusement as the demon was trapped within his flames. It was amusing, at his pitiful efforts to get out of the entrapment. He clenched his jaw in apprehension, however, when the demon finally managed to break through - Even though it was just a small hole. The jet of flame that spewed out of the hole met with cold metal as Xu Cheng raised his blade in order to block himself. The spurts of flame splashed against the metal and the Chinese man pushed forward. The rapidly expanding air, although fighting him back gave way under his relentless might. Slowly, but steadily.

Bob took a time to measure his words then answered N - "I know what you mean, I may control the mystical arts but I am human, age is starting to get heavy for me as well, we must push this kids to the limit or they won't stand a chance in the upcoming war."
Suddenly he trembled
"I feel an odd energy around, wake everyone up and meet me at the front door!"
he said rushing throught the door.

Rhea jerked awake when N came rushing through her door. She almost choked Josephine--Rhea used the chimera snake as a bolster. "What? What happened?"
"Front door, now." N was in his fighting mode. His current face looked as plain as his espionage mode. Not that face would matter when you were going to get it punched anyway. Instead of focusing on face, the shape-shifter morphed his muscles to be as efficient as possible. Well toned but not too big so he could move quickly. N was also bald in this form, because hair would only get in your eyes at crucial times.

Rhea grabbed her headphones and wore it. She followed N outside the room with Josephine clinging to her. Everyone else was already awake. "Wait, where's XC?"

Bria watched in horror as XC and the demon battled it out for power. Her eyes widened as she stood as still as statue, rooted to the spot with fear. This was just a human man. They couldn't hurt him even if the demon was using him as a vessel. She could have screamed in frustration if she had been able to move. The lights of their magic flashed in front of her eyes and they seemed to snap her out of her daze.

She jerked backwards as her feet moved seemingly of their own accord. She whirled around, leaving XC to fight the demon, and raced back to the restaurant. She crashed through the door and stopped short as she took in the sight of Conners and a man that seemed to be in a slightly heated discussion. Her head whipped back and forth between them until she gained control of her mouth again.

"D-Demon! Outside! XC! Gah!"

She managed to stammer out a few words before she turned and ran into the back to get the others almost slammed into to Bob who was already on his way out. She grabbed him as she ran by and shouted, "Demon! Outside!", at him before running farther into the hallway. She ran into Fabius' and Drake's rooms and shouted the same idea to each of them before running back into the hallway.

She stopped in the middle of the hallway, the adrenaline that had been rushing through her was no lessening and she was feeling out of breath and jittery. She slid down the wall and put her elbows on her knees to catch her breath, waiting for the others to join her.

“We will talk later boy” ben says lifting the larger case and slamming it down on the table with a rattle before popping it open and putting out a gun nearly as long as he was tall. The five foot three inch gun with a thirty six inch barrel firing 13.9x99mm custom made AP rounds with a silver tipped penetrator is an intimidating sight. Weighting thirty five pounds overall the bolt action rifle was an old friend to Krieg, feeling like a feather in his arms, but still kicking like a demon when it was needed. He pushed a magazine into the gun and pulled back the bolt, loading one of the rounds as he pushed open the restaurant door and stepped outside. He was never the most sensitive to magic but with so much in the air it even gave the older man chills up his spine. He moved over to his truck and jumped into the bed of it, bracing the rifle on top of the cab and taking aim down the street towards the combat.

If given the chance to take a clear shot he fired the rifle, the roar like clapping thunder as car alarms in the surrounding area begin to beep and windows rattle in the buildings.

Fabius was already up and getting ready when Bria rushed to his room, desperately yelling. She still needs to control herself... a sad waste of energy, he thought, as he fastened the belt that held his shortsword and gun. He flung his trenchcoat on as he ran out of the room, and followed the trail of wicked energy that led to the demon.

He joined Bria and placed his hand over the hilt of his sword, waiting for a moment in which he could act without making things more complicated even. A loud noise was heard close by- Fabius turned his head briefly to find the man that had been inside their restaurant only moments earlier.

Nograd roared once more the blue flames dispersing and dissapearing. He laughed mockingly, "Boy, you must think I'm stupid right?" Nograd looked around and the girl that was there was gone now. He smirked. "Oh boy more people to play with," He smiled evilly. He grew two more fireballs in his hands jumped backwards and he shot them towards the boy. Curving around behind him and impending on impact. He waited for the boy to be hit, but while he waited he landed and turned his attention to the noise happening down the street. He tilted his head to the side and dashed back and forth down the street. He didn't know if they had long range, but he was dodging just to make sure. To make a more dramatic affect he jumped off cars and onto a wall. Then he ran to the rooftops.

He was taking cover behind his blade to push against the demon's fire .. And then his flames disappeared. The man fighting the demon could barely see two balls of flamen flying out frommbehind him before it hit him in the back, though it didn't do much to his durable physique - a result of bring a runner. Staggering from the blow, he managed to regain his balance before he looked behind him at the crowd that had gathered to help him, in the event that things went awry.

"I've burnt him out, almost. He doesn't entirely rely on magic. If I can get my hands on him I can knock him out - The body does not need to die. We still can save the boy."

Almost immediately he ran after the dempn's path, but instead searched for a fire ladder that he nimbly climbed upon, chasing after the demon.

Bob arrived to the battle, XC seemed in control, Bob summons defensive spells all around just in case some bad happens.
Heavy Metal footsteps followed Bob the Mechanical war golem, MotorHead is read to attack, makes a gesture with his hand for it to hold fire.
Running behind the machine Drake emerged running, he used MotorHead as a jumping platform and landed a few steps behind XC, he only had time to put some jeans on, he was topless and barefoot.
Drake summons a fireball, but while the spell is summoned he realizes Bob, a far better wizard did not interfere so he summoned the fire into his fists and focused to change the flames into holy elemental spell making his fists inflamed with white flames and assumed a defensive fighting position behind XC.

Fabius started running ater the demon, but chasing him from the streets, not climbing to any building just yet. He was not the strongest of the Runners; he was not the most powerful in some other way, but he was damn fast. A vampiric trait... He sensed the demon, advancing from rooftop to rooftop. XC and Drake were not far behind. All they needed was a little surprise factor, and the job would be over.

The dhampyr ran as fast as he could, and soon closed the distance between him and the demon. He ran past him, and started leaping over the rooftops, until he was suddenly level with the demon- and he kicked at his legs, making the demon trip. Fabius fell forwards as he did so, but he was prepared for that. With the same smooth movement he quickly rolled and stood up, running away again, to clear the fire-range area for his pals.

While Nograd was in the air he put his hand down to stop him from falling. He then flipped over and landed on his feet. He tilted his head to the side. "Oh that was smart, why not try it again?" He mocked. He started to feel himself losing control of the body. He had been in the body long enough to gain enough control. But the sub concsious of the boy was fighting back. He would either push him out of his body and Nograd would have to return once again at another time. Though he could keep fighting trying to get these people to kill the body. That would be hilarious to him. Them killing an innocent, they would have to live with that their whole lives. Yes that is what he will try to do.

Drake watched the attack of Fabius, since XC strategy was interrupted, the best he could do was follow up this attack.
He jumped forward, sliding, as he landed from the jump, to near the enemy just as he recovered from Fabius attack, Drake delivered him a mighty uppercut with his fist imbued in holy fire.
"Now MotorHead!"
The machine started firing his gatling gun fist at the target as it poped from the ground due the uppercut.

As nograd got hit by the uppercut he used the same move and flipped himself over. This time grabbing onto the ledge of the bulding and then letting go dropping to the floor. That gattling gun had hit him baddly. But as long as he wa in the body he would heal the host. He thought of an idea. "Hey lil boys and girls! You know what happens when a demon leaves a hosts body when they're mortally injured or in danger!?" He laughed histerically. He turned wanting to find a quick way to exit and kill the body. If he couldn't have it . . .no one could.

Fabius kept running, again out of sight from the group. Although he tried to slow the demon down, and he had managed to, his team mates were not at the proper fire range.

So it was just a matter of trying again.

He closed the distance between him and the demon once again. He could hear at Drake and MotorHead fighting from above. The shots... He's wounded. Easier, he thought, as he jumped again to the rooftops. Fabius turned sharply as he heard the maniacal laugh, as only demons can laugh. So that's what's he's planning to do. Kill his own host.

Smirking, the dhampyr charged at the demon, just when it was turning around. He jumped and caught him as in an embrace, throwing the demon and himself to the rooftop's floor.

Hurry. I don't think I can hold onto this for too long...

And then, XC caught his breath.

Drake, Motorhead, Fabius - All had shown up to fight the demon, and maybe he could finally get his hands on the demon now. The demon wanted to kill his own host, knowing for one that it was pretty much impossible to escape from the current situation that he was in. The Chinese man ran past Drake and Motorhead, careful to keep an eye on the giant robot's line of fire so as not to be caught by it. He saw Fabius take down the demon, and he knew that it was his chance.

Leaping up high into the air, the Chinese man looked like an avenging angel, what with both of his hands and the giant, half-moon blade that he wielded put behind him, and his muscled silhouette having the moon as it's background. With a loud thump, he landed in front of the grounded demon and put a hand to his neck.

First, XC's eyes grew white.

Then, all the heat seemed to leave the space around him.

A fiery blue incandescence roared around the both of them, as he released his power and imploded the void within the demon where his magical power once was.

As the demon did not rely on magic entirely, the shock would merely knock him out and not prove to be fatal by any means.