Shadow-Runners

Status
Not open for further replies.
vogue-i-love-the-look-of-women-in-suits-i-can-t-pull-off-this-look-myself-but-i-think-it-s-positi_original.jpg

Name: Sylvia Daylin

Alias: Sunny Day

Race: Elf (Human-looking)

Origin: Raised in Boston, MA, USA, resides in Seattle, UCAS

Personality: Bright and enthusiastic. Passionate about her psychiatry practice (even though she's lost her liscense), loves the adventure of discovering hidden places and the thrill of running in the shadows. She is warm and open most of the time, though occasionally comes off as over eager. Rarely she becomes agitated or paranoid and will attempt to avoid any questions or contact with others.

What length of crime do you refuse to do?: She will not deal with Bunraku or human/meta-human trafficking. She will not take a job specifically for meta-human violence. She generally doesn't do wetwork though she doesn't mind others on her team handling that part, but no wetwork of underage kids. She will not sell any client information, nor will she do anything to harm her relationships with her contacts.

What got you into the Shadow-Runnin' business?: The best thing that ever happened to her was the revocation of her Psychiatry license. She met so many more interesting people than when she was stifled in a Corp Office. While she was settled in her new 'independent practice' she was pulled to explore the new world she'd been thrown into. Her new contacts saw her potential for negotiating new contracts, or simply convincing others to be a little more sympathetic towards her (and her contact/teams) causes. The money was an added bonus, something she used to extend her personal library of rare books. The thrill of the runs got her hooked to it though.

Past-Life: Sylvia Michelle Daylin – Born January 5th​, 1995
Height: 5'11" Weight: 165 lbs Hair: Blonde (kept in a short bob) Eyes: Hazel Cyberware: None

Her parents, not realizing she was an elf, thought that her ears were deformed and had 'corrective' surgery done to make then look close to a normal human's. She grew up as human with her older sister, Amy Elizabeth Daylin born February 18, 1992. The two were very close, and were sent to live with their paternal aunt and uncle in Boston, MA when Sylvia was 10, after her father committed suicide in a depressive episode. Her mother was a Senator for the United States (before the Ghost Dance War) and covered up the incident to maintain her public record.

It had a deep impact on Sylvia, and was the main motivating factor to attend Boston University and eventually obtain her medical degree for clinical psychiatry. Her sister went to MIT (before it added the extra T) for mechanical engineering, and they both lived in their aunt and uncle's home while they went to school, travelling the world on their off time on their Mom's dime. It was the one thing they appreciated about her. By the time Sylvia was looking for her residency, Amy was working in Seattle. She was accepted to the University of Washington and moved out to live with her sister on the west coast.

The night of May 1st​, 2021 Sylvia woke up to screaming from her sister's room. Amy had goblinized to a troll. Both of them, scared and uncertain, tried to find a reason for the change, but there was none that they could find. Amy closeted herself away for nearly a year before Sylvia convinced her she was still… human. Her mother disowned them both, now realizing what Sylvia was and what Amy had become.

They lived secluded and in fear of the human gangs that had formed in the wake of goblinization. For the first five years after the change, the only people they really stayed in contact with were their aunt and uncle, who flew out from time to time to visit. They never once acted different around Amy. Her sister found remote work for an aerospace firm, and Sylvia became the outgoing one. She'd meet other trolls on purpose, mostly because she wanted her sister to see she can be happy. She'd bring them home to meet her. And while she was apprehensive at first, Amy eventually blossomed again.
Sylvia met a man, and so did Amy. Both trolls. More than once they had to run from gene-gangs, but they were happy. She was a successful psychiatrist, Amy a topnotch engineer designing rockets for the space program. Luke and Peter, their respective partners, were famous mural artists in Seattle.

Then the 14th​ Amendment passed and the Night of Rage, February 7th​, 2039 destroyed her life. Luke, Amy, and Peter were taken by police for their protection to warehouses set up like detention centers. They wouldn't let Sylvia stay with them. She watched as the warehouse they were packed into was firebombed by the Hand of Five, killing them all.

She moved everything she had left back to Boston and took care of her ailing uncle, her aunt passing the year before. When he passed she inherited the house and everything in it. Childhood pictures, books, memories. She had seen everyone age around her but never noticed that she looked the same until she went through all those photos. She went to an elven doctor, and at the age of 45 she was told she was a spike baby, an elf born before the UGE wave in 2011.

With this new insight, and the knowledge that she could possibly live for centuries, she decided she needed to move on. She didn't want to end up like her father. Death wasn't an option for her. Not for a while yet anyway. She didn't want to settle down either though, so she moved across the countries spending 5 years in England, another seven in East Germany and then many others, moving from country and town whenever it became too dangerous/politically unstable or when she felt too attached to the people around her.

Ten years ago she decided she was done moving from place to place. Seattle called to her, and she heeded. She was able to build a new identity through her aging corp friends who gave her a SIN and updated her aunt and uncle to grandparents, her sister dying of complications from goblinization, and her age reduced to 26. The only thing she had to do over was her residency at the University of Washington, now the University of Seattle. She started her life over again. She made new friends, new associates. She found work easily, and settled in. She was successful and grew a large practice. When Big Pharma pushed her to prescribe their drugs, she instead sold them on the black market doubling her income, allowing her to finally expand her book collection. She guarded herself from close relationships, but had many dalliances and acquaintances. When her scheme was found three years ago she thought she would have to start over, but her Pharma rep and several well-paying clients allowed her to continue her practice under the radar.

Two years ago she began to experience hallucinations of a large black bird and heard voices. Her waking dreams terrified her enough that she went to another doctor for a second opinion who said it may be late onset schizophrenia. To this day she currently medicates herself for this illness, though more recently the drug's effects seemed to have waned, which is not something that is supposed to happen with that type of medication. (meta-game: She Awakened, her latent magic becoming known, however she didn't realize this for what it really was. There has yet to be a catalyst for her to know the truth. She is using her magical abilities unconsciously at the present time. Spells and usage are listed below) She hides her condition from everyone feeling Social Stress over her condition and necessary Addiction to medication, to the point where she will have a breakdown before she would let anyone find out about her supposed illness.

Skill Set Specialization: First and foremost she holds heavy Influence over others with prominent Negotiation, Leadership and Etiquette skills. She has developed her Acting skills as well, with her Conning, Impersonation, and Performance almost as good as her Influence. She has a working knowledge of Chemistry and Computers, and since she began running she has learned to use both Blades and Pistols (though her Combat Paralysis makes it difficult for her to use those abilities in practice), and her pastime of urban exploration over the years has honed both her Perception and Sneaking abilities. While she may not see combat very often, she's got the Guts to to keep her wits about her in gruesome situations, refusing to be intimidated or show fear. She is currently unaware of her Spellcasting and Counterspelling skills, though she has been using them unconsciously to varying degrees. Lastly, due to the nature of her practice, she has heavy ties with Black Market Pipelines, Smugglers, and Organized Crime. She has also learned much about Street Drugs since her transition, and often works pro bono to help those in need break their addictions and combat their depression.

Spells and Spell Usage: As mentioned, Sunny currently is unaware of her Awakened nature. She is Shamatic, with a Raven Mentor Spirit, though it cannot communicate with her as she only recognizes it as a waking terror in her life at this time. The spells that she has access to are mostly used to enhance her Influence, Acting, and Charisma based abilities. Fashion tailors clothes instantly to the castors wishes. This is her most used spell to do a quick change when she feels it appropriate, though she believes (or has made herself believe) that she is actually changing her clothes. Other spells she uses on occasion: Thought Recognition, Influence, Foreboding, Compel Truth, Agony, Sterilize, and Increased Reflexes. Though she doesn't realize she's casting, others around her with the ability to CAN notice, but she will plainly deny it. At this point she has not been noticed by any Security Corp for unlicensed magic use. She will only begin to use the spells listed after Fashion when under stress or when she is over reaching herself in Negotiations and Cons.

Weapon Specialization: She takes a Fichetti Security 600 and a Combat Knife with her on her Shadow Running and urban exploration.

Special Gear: She has her UE gear shown in the photo below, though this isn't typically carried during runs unless she thinks it will be useful.

Armor and Clothing: She has an Armored Jacket, though she recently acquired a set of Full Body Armor that she thinks might be too bulky. She also has a 'hat' which is really a 'Fashioned' Helmet that she uses when going on her urban exploration adventures and occasionally on runs. For every day she wears suits and chic business attire that makes her look very Johnson-like. For evenings or when she wants to make a good First Impression, she's got several dresses to choose from, and if they don't work then she'll 'find' a new one with her Fashion spell. She dresses casual during her off time or when she's going on an Urban Exploration adventure. She also keeps an extra set of comfy clothes and soft bunny slippers in her office in case she gets tired of wearing a suit. Many of her patients have seen her dressed this way, but she doesn't mention their issues to the outside world so they don't mention her eccentricities either.

bag2.jpg
I'm not involved in this RP, but I wanted to say:

As of 2077, an Elf could not be 82. Due to the UGE beginning in January of 2011. There are 'Spike Babies' that occurred before during Magical Spikes, but most of them occurred in the 80's and 90's, I think. If you're a standard elf, the most you could be in 2077 is 66.

Anyway, it's up to GM discretion, but I just wanted to point that bit of lore out. I'm going to go now.

Hey don't forget I still have a spot reserved so I gotta finish it up tonight as soon as the gm PM's me back with my plans >.<

As of 2077, an Elf could not be 82. Due to the UGE beginning in January of 2011. There are 'Spike Babies' that occurred before during Magical Spikes, but most of them occurred in the 80's and 90's, I think. If you're a standard elf, the most you could be in 2077 is 66.

Anyway, it's up to GM discretion, but I just wanted to point that bit of lore out. I'm going to go now.

Silver Paladin, I just need to say that I approve of your avatar

the only thing it is missing are 3 more saberfaces (alter, lily, and sakura). touching breasts.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Minerva
Silver Paladin, I just need to say that I approve of your avatar

the only thing it is missing are 3 more saberfaces (alter, lily, and sakura). touching breasts.
Thanks, Razilin.

I thought it was time to go back to Saber.

Reactions: Razilin

Hi there! I totally agree with you, hence why I got into the reason for her age in my background. I'm mostly familiar with Shadowrun history/timelines, though I'm sure there's a ton of info that I probably haven't read yet! Of course, even with her origin story described as is it's still subject to the GM giving the ok. We'll have to see what the decision is! Thanks, and happy writing!

• Useful
Hi there! I totally agree with you, hence why I got into the reason for her age in my background. I'm mostly familiar with Shadowrun history/timelines, though I'm sure there's a ton of info that I probably haven't read yet! Of course, even with her origin story described as is it's still subject to the GM giving the ok. We'll have to see what the decision is! Thanks, and happy writing!

You know, I wouldn't sweat stuff like details and timelines. In freeform post-by-post, it's less about stats and accuracy (there aren't even any dice rolls), and more about making an interesting character you think would be fun to write about and interact with.
So long as your character's interesting and fun to include IC, you'll be fine.

Oh. She IS a Spike-Baby. I'm sorry, I was reading too fast, and I must have skipped over that. My mistake.

Oh. She IS a Spike-Baby. I'm sorry, I was reading too fast, and I must have skipped over that. My mistake.
No worries, friend. I'm glad that we share an interest in Shadowrun! The alternative history they created for the game is definitely one of the better ones for role playing games in general. Plus, I tend to write quite a bit when I'm creating a background story, so it's easily missed! ^_^

• Thank You
[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_o0wyugQE4K1r54thao1_500.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Quick feet, quick feet, quick feet…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Philip Bastion[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Alias: 'Tunnel Rat' or 'Bait'[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Race: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Dalakitnon ( Elven )[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 29[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Origin: U.S.[/BCOLOR]
Personality Mouthy, Smart-Alek, Before-thought, Hesitant, Persistent, and Cocky. Can be impulsive.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nope(s)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Anything involving me and another being is a no-go. I'll just stick to computers and runnin'."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Start[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I met a guy, albeit unwillingly, I met him. Then all I know is I was getting paid."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Past-Life[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Name's Philip, Philip Bastion, and as a child I have been aware of the many issues in our society. Yeah, see, "Pops" was a Mega owner. He specialized in tech- rather he specializes in tech and what-not. However, he got consumed in his work and hit my mother. Not a very good thing. So, we packed up and left the man. Naturally, like father like son I went on to be a Hacker with high hopes, but realized my dream was too much work for a lazy son of a gun like me, so with my skillset I did what I think anyone would do. I used it."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skill Set Specialization[/BCOLOR]
"I prefer to hack and run. Maybe I should correct myself, it has become a habit of mine to get caught on the field. I'd like a desk if possible." ( Running, Free-Running, Hacking )

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon Specialization[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Explosives. Usually remotely controlled. Easier to make it go boom. I don't really carry them on my person though because I need to be lightweight. Orion is heavy enough as it is."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Special Gear[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Experimental Orion Software, my own design. Basically a higher power link. Could make a buck or two off that. Floating panels and what not. Who wouldn't love that? Plus it's portable and stylish. Ain't I a genius?"[/BCOLOR]
il_340x270.832699714_mb79.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Armor or Clothing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"My clothes can resist most tearing and if I'm lucky maybe A bullet."[/BCOLOR]

Anime-guy-vagos-club-29810419-329-352.jpg
Bajue Vonvalic

Alias: Sleeper

Race: Human?

Origin: Maine, united states.

Personality: Bajue is a rather relaxed man, Loves to make cheesy and crude jokes even in the midst of a firefight. He is normally slouched about and loves to nap, he always has a hazy look in his eyes, he's so lazy sometimes that it almost always surprises people when he fights. He's a rather friendly guy, who would love to share a few stories with. It takes a lot to anger him, but if you do, he's been known to turn a room into a bloody mess just in the blink of his eye. That's why his nickname is Sleeper, Don't wake his inner demon.

What length of crime do you refuse to do?: Anything that involves slave trafficking and harming children.

What got you into the Shadow-Runnin' business?: It was the best way to utilize his skills.

Past-Life: Lets keep it simple, Bajue comes from a family of warriors. Ones who were strongly in touch with the spiritual realm. Magic came natural to them, but they were never known to use their magic for anything peaceful, but rather to become violent and ruthless warriors, so who the hell needs technology, when magic is the better alternative. It was the reason why Bajue was the last of his kind, his whole family was murdered in their sleep one night, and as the infant that he was, the killers decided to leave him be. And soon he was left to a orphanage, his abilities came natural, and soon enough he found someone able enough to train him in swordplay. And with that combo of magic and sword skills, Bajue became a deadly opponent.

He soon took on the job as a shadow runner, taking on mostly bounties, taking out high ups for the right price. He has been known to leave a blood bath, or has been able to leave everyone untouched except for the target, making the guards look like idiots, It all depends on his mood. While on the job, he secretly is trying to find the killer of his family, so he can soon get his revenge.

Skill Set Specialization: Stealth, intel collection, infiltration, CQC

Weapon Specialization: Both his sword, and his fists mixed with his magic.
fall back is his revolver.

Special Gear:

Custom sword:

Sword capable of taking a insane amount of force before breaking, has been known to take a rocket or two and is still unscathed.

tumblr_mklbdngvSA1rjqcc6o1_500.jpg

The nothing special revolve: literally title says it all, just a normal standard revolver.

BJOSx.png

zippo lighter and his pack of cigarettes

Magic:

Enhancement: This is a rather passive skill that is always active, making bajue three times stronger and faster than the average male.

Telekinesis: He has the ability to lift things up without making physical contact, this also allows him to blast people with telekinetic energy enough to break bones, as well as create defensive moves against both physical and magical attacks.

Pure energy: Bajue has the ability to create objects out of pure light energy, he either uses this to encase his sword to increase its cutting power, or creating spears of energy to launch at his enemies. This requires a level of focus that only bajue can achieve, and with this if used enough does some serious strain on the body.

Teleportation: Bajue is capable of teleporting short distances (15 meters) If anymore, it will cause a large amount of pain to his head, even nose bleeds or passing out.

pocket dimension: Allows for Bajue to pull his weapons and equipment out of thin air, though the space is limited, only the equipment (except for his lighter and cigs) he has is able to be pulled in and out of this dimension. Nothing more.

Magic phase: Before Bajue uses any of his magic (besides his enhancement sill) Bajue's eyes go from his normal hazel brown eyes, to a glowing blue eyes. This allows for him to achieve a high amount of focus, and allows for him to see the world in a new way, allowing him to be more reactive, and it allows him to see who has magical capabilities and who doesn't, and exactly how strong their connection is to the spiritual plane.​

Armor or Clothing: He's normally seen wearing a white button up collared dress shirt with a vest and tie on. Black Dress shoes and black pants

Getting my post up now. Apologies in advance, but my character intros are usually pretty long. I'll try not to go overboard all that much after this one.

I'll have to have a post up tomorrow evening. I'd intended to read up and get it done today, but I got shanghaied into other things, instead.

@ShiroKiyoshi
Hey! I mentioned that Rider and Phil had run some jobs in the past together. Guys who spend all their free time surfing the Matrix gotta stick together, right? Gonna write our characters in as being on good terms. Maybe even pals?

If you don't want that, let me know and I'll edit it out!

[EDIT]

@R-9 Pilot
It begins.

Last edited:
@Sir Pinkleton I don't mind. However, given the nature of my post. I wouldn't know you were a Shadow Runner or you owned such amounts of weaponry.

@Sir Pinkleton I don't mind. However, given the nature of my post. I wouldn't know you were a Shadow Runner or you owned such amounts of weaponry.
I meant they knew each other AS runners and probably by their digital handles. Their personal lives are obviously unknown to each other.

The most recognizable thing about Rider is the armor and helmet. He never shows his face when he's on the job so it's pretty much the only thing anyone sees him in. He keeps his personal life and his runner life seperate. So Tunnel Rat would only know him as Rider, with the helmet and all.

They're more like colleagues or friendly coworkers than personal friends.

Okay, I see what you mean. Then yeah that would work.

I think we should go on with the story. Cuz the last person doesn't seem to be active and it feels like its been a little bit too long in the intro, and we should move on in my opinion ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.