Shadow Runners (OOC/Open)

C

CallMeKatyy

Original poster
This is my first time so let's do this!

OK. So the story is set in NYC. It's about this group of people called the Shadow Runners.

The Shadow Runners are the hidden cops of the world. Only they're the cops for the supernatural world. They make sure that all of the nasty supernaturals stay hidden and don't go off on some random killing sprees. It's a dangerous job and the Runners are always dealing with rogue witches and warlocks, crazed vampires, angry demons and rabid werewolves.

The story focuses around a girl, Bria, and the boy, Drake, she meets who happens to be a Runner. The boy is part of the NYC group of Shadow Runners. A small group of about 5-7 people. After they meet, she falls under the attack of a psychotic demon and is saved by the group.

That's when they discover that she is a Shadow Runner too. Only she never knew it because her parents died when she was little and her aunt(who brought her up) never knew.

The story picks up a week after she is merged into the group. All of the members run a restaurant as a sort of protection against too curious eyes. Their "lair" is hidden in the back of the restaurant. As the group continues to do their jobs, they start to realize a pattern in which the supernaturals are starting to go bad. They also realize that the amount of "turned" supernaturals are increasing. What could be causing this disturbance?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright!

So I'm looking for some characters.

Obviously, I need the boy. And then I need the other members of the group.

Just fill this out:

Name:
Specialty: (Do you get rid of warlocks, vampires, demons or werewolves?)
Role: (The boy, the leader of the group, the boy's 2 best friends, the best friend's parents, the aunt, etc.)
Choice Weapon:
Special Talents:

The story is pretty open to whatever besides for the basic plot up there. ^^

Let's make this a good one!​

Re: Shadow Runners

Characters-

Bria:[SPOILI]Name: Brialla (Bria) Senka
Appearance:[SPOILI]tumblr_lryab4esV71qfnf0do1_400.jpg[/SPOILI]
Specialty: Demons all the way.
Role: The girl
Choice Weapon: Long dagger. [SPOILI]dk1111.jpg[/SPOILI]
Special Talents: She's new at this so she doesn't exactly know what she can do. But hopefully she will know soon.[/SPOILI]

N:[SPOILI]Name: "I have many, but you can call me N."
Age: "Hmm... I forgot. I'm older than any of you combined though."
Appearance: N has the ability to shape-shift. He (or she, no one's really sure) could look like a cute wavy haired little girl for a second and changed into an oversized bulky middle aged man in just a moment. Although, N usually looks like a skinny 16-years-old boy with dirty blond hair and dark colored eyes. Because, "People never look twice when I'm in that form, perfect for espionage mission."
Specialty: Demons. But N is capable of fighting other things too.
Role: The Leader
Weapon of Choice: Dagger. N prefer a quick movement. Sometimes he uses crossbow for long-range.
Special Talent: Shape-shifting and information gathering.[/SPOILI]

Conners O'Brien:[SPOILI]Name: Conners O'Brien
Appearance: [SPOILI]
AnimeGuy5.jpg
[/SPOILI]
Specialty: Demons and Werewolves. Vampires are just too quick and warlocks cheat. Magicy bastards.
Role: The bodyguard (If you need something protected, he is the man for it.)
Choice Weapon: My fists. Too many creatures are immune to mortal weapons, and I don't want a Grendel to kill my charge.
Special Talents: His strength is unnatural, easily beating the heavy weight lifiting record with only one arm. His skin is also quite tough, as it needs to be to go toe to toe with some of the more lethal of the things that go bump in the night.

Currently he is on probation but when he gets some alcohol in him, look out.

Base concept: Fighting Irish.[/SPOILI]

Fabius Lichtermann:[SPOILI]Name: Fabius Lichtermann
Age: Looks like a guy in his 20's, but he's much older due to his half-vampire nature
Appearance:
Like this, a bit more pale (and manly) I'd say. He wears a long trenchcoat.
[SPOILI]
25464anime-guy.jpg
[/SPOILI]

Specialty: He specializes in vampire hunting, but werewolves are his second choice. He won't mind helping with any other task anyway.

Role: He's just one member of the Shadow Runners. Fight buddy with Drake and Conner.

Choice Weapon: A shortsword, embued with holy properties. He's also good with his navaja, a folding knife. He keeps a special gun that can be loaded with one silver bullet, which he will lend to whoever might need it (especially for werewolf hunting).

Special Talents:As a half-vampire or dhampyr, he has the strengths of the vampires (speed, strength, charming appereance) but not the sun-damage/holy stuff weaknesses. H
e does need to drink blood or he will turn dangerously insane; he prefers drinking from animals regularly to avoid this.

But he can't shapeshift like most vampires do (mist form, bat form, etc) or command creatures. Also he can't fly, he'll just have to conform with his extraordinary ability to jump. He may hypnotize simple humans for some seconds, to calm them down, but he won't control their actions.
[/SPOILI]

Drake:[SPOILI]Name: Drake
Appearance:
[SPOILI][/SPOILI]
Role: The boy! - He's the apprendice of the group leader, who is a mighty wizard, atm he's a short talented mage.
Short bio: He was raised to be a shadow runner, his parents were both shadow runners bu died in a mission when he was young, he has been raised by his strict uncle who is the leader of teh shadow runners squad.
He has a short temper, has potential but needs more focus on perfecting his skills, he tries to rely more on his physical attributes since it's easier for him.
Specialty: should be warlocks, but since warlocks have more control over magic than he does, he's much more efficient with creatures who require only physical talent to deal with.
Choice Weapon: projectile spells
Special Talents: Better than average body shape, Martial Arts skills.
[/SPOILI]

Motorhead:[SPOILI]Name: Series 0547 V3.2 Unite number 236 - aka: MotorHead
Appearance:
[SPOILI][/SPOILI]
Role: Weapon of Monster Destruction
Short bio: Generations there was an army of Mechanical War Golem, big mechanical weapons with humanoid shape moved by magic, history erased most info about them, MotorHead is the only one (that is known) it has served the shadow runners unit for generations.
Specialty: Physical combat, Fire arms, creatures without super speed vulnerable to physic arm.
Choice Weapon: Gatling gun, chain punch.
Special Talents: It's shell is made from a the mystical metal Uru giving him extra protection against magic and near invulnerable physical resistance.
[/SPOILI]

XC:[SPOILI]Name: Zhang Xu Cheng. A bit of a mouthful, so his teammates call him XC.
Appearance:
[SPOILI][/SPOILI]

Specialty: Warlocks, mainly, but he can fight against anything that relies moderately/heavily on magic.
Role: The quiet and enigmatic one, somewhat arrogant.
Choice Weapon: The bulky blade that he wields in the picture. However, he only brings it out when he's sure he is fighting something powerful.
Special Talents: To Xu Cheng, all magic stems off a source of energy. He burns that source of energy through a sort of 'fire'. He forms bluish white fireballs and hurls them at the opponent. The fire does not physically burn the person, however, but instead burns away the ability to cast spells temporarily. It is impossible, for him at his current skill level to burn out a magic user with a single burst, but instead takes many, many 'burns' to finally wear that person down. The amount of energy he burns per hit is fixed, and so a weaker opponent takes lesser hits to burn out and so on.

What makes Xu Cheng fearsome to magic users, is his final ability. Through physical contact, usually done by the gripping of the neck, Xu Cheng can make them feel the void where their energy, which was burnt off once were. This shock, when put in place whilst the magic user is completely burnt out is usually enough to kill off any magic user, but the shock is proportionate to how much energy has been burnt off.[/SPOILI]

Sounds like I may be interested...

I'd like to play a male role, but I don't think I could suit your dream boy one. Nor the group leader, so I go for one of the boy's best friends.

I was wondering, can I play as a werewolf, or a half-vampire, on the good side (shadow runners?)

That sounds perfect! And all of that is fine! Just make sure you're a somewhat nice werewolf/half- vampire :)
And if you can help me recruit some new players too that would be helpful! I want to get this story going as soon as possible!

I'm new with this kind of thing. Feel free to correct me if I do it wrong.

Name: "I have many, but you can call me N."
Age: "Hmm... I forgot. I'm older than any of you combined though."
Appearance: N has the ability to shape-shift. He (or she, no one's really sure) could look like a cute wavy haired little girl for a second and changed into an oversized bulky middle aged man in just a moment. Although, N usually looks like a skinny 16-years-old boy with dirty blond hair and dark colored eyes. Because, "People never look twice when I'm in that form, perfect for espionage mission."
Specialty: Demons. But N is capable of fighting other things too.
Role: The Leader
Weapon of Choice: Dagger. N prefer a quick movement. Sometimes he uses crossbow for long-range.
Special Talent: Shape-shifting and information gathering.

The main boy, is he leader of the this shadow runner squad?
I'm interested in playing a wise ass wizard, either the boy and he could be an aprendice, or the squad leader.

I'm going for the Half vampire, or Dhampyr as some call them.
And I'm liking that total wiseass wizard thing as best pal.

Also, another thing that would make me happier, is briefly playing as some of the bad guys. I mean, being able to play them as NPC's, meaning that these are 'shared' characters, if that makes any sense. Something I could ''borrow'' and return as it fits the story. (otherwise dismiss these last lines)

@Enou: sounds like your character is gonna be interesting to follow :) But is it possible for you to make his main form a little older? In his late teens maybe? It just might fit better. Other than that I love it!

@Hades: The main boy is a leader in his own way. The other teens/young adults (whatever age they might be) look up to him even if he is the designated "Leader" of the group. But he is most likely going to become the leader after the current one either retires or dies. He is whatever you want him to be. He can be the apprentice and also the leader of the young Shadow Runner generation. And yes. Wise asses are definitely acceptable. They're the most fun!

@Selenite: Dhampirs are always welcome as long as they are nice. Tell me; is your dhampir/dhampyr (however you spell it) like the one I'm thinking of? I see them as the best of both worlds with the muscle and agility of humans but the senses of the pure vampire. And yes. Playing NPCs is fine. I really don't mind as long as you don't try to change up the whole plot with them.

Name: Conners O'Brien
Appearance:
AnimeGuy5.jpg

Specialty: Demons and Werewolves. Vampires are just too quick and warlocks cheat. Magicy bastards.
Role: The bodyguard (If you need something protected, he is the man for it.)
Choice Weapon: My fists. Too many creatures are immune to mortal weapons, and I don't want a Grendel to kill my charge.
Special Talents: His strength is unnatural, easily beating the heavy weight lifiting record with only one arm. His skin is also quite tough, as it needs to be to go toe to toe with some of the more lethal of the things that go bump in the night.

Currently he is on probation but when he gets some alcohol in him, look out.

Base concept: Fighting Irish.

@Raiu: Fill out the rest of the form? Lol

I had to get it down first to make sure the pic worked.

I edited N's profile. Feel free to check any mistake.

Both of your CS's look good to me! Welcome! We should be able to get up and running as soon as we have most of the essential characters so if you know anybody who might be interested in this, send them over!

You know what we need? A person who can manipulate people's minds. Like, change their memories. Why do you think the SR has stayed hidden for so long?

Glamours are what I was going for but a mind eraser/changer person would definitely be good.... interesting....

You mean, like the MIB's flashy thing?

Dhampires are always in some sort of gray area regarding abilities. I'll tell you about the one I was planning to make; of course he'd be nice. Loyal with his friends, noble at heart, and yes, charming sweet with girls.

About playing with NPC's, don't worry, I never turn a story upside down. I usually ask permission through the OOC whenever I'm about to introduce something new- Which just reminds me, I should fill that CS.

Name: Fabius Lichtermann
Age: Looks like a guy in his 20's, but he's much older due to his half-vampire nature
Appearance:
Like this, a bit more pale (and manly) I'd say. He wears a long trenchcoat.
25464anime-guy.jpg

Specialty: He specializes in vampire hunting, but werewolves are his second choice. He won't mind helping with any other task anyway.

Role: He's just one member of the Shadow Runners. Fight buddy with Drake and Conner.

Choice Weapon: A shortsword, embued with holy properties. He's also good with his navaja, a folding knife. He keeps a special gun that can be loaded with one silver bullet, which he will lend to whoever might need it (especially for werewolf hunting).

Special Talents:As a half-vampire or dhampyr, he has the strengths of the vampires (speed, strength, charming appereance) but not the sun-damage/holy stuff weaknesses. He does need to drink blood or he will turn dangerously insane; he prefers drinking from animals regularly to avoid this.

But he can't shapeshift like most vampires do (mist form, bat form, etc) or command creatures. Also he can't fly, he'll just have to conform with his extraordinary ability to jump. He may hypnotize simple humans for some seconds, to calm them down, but he won't control their actions.

Thats fine with me. Maybe they are fight buddies.

Also, I think that he should have to feed to get rid of the urge. Either that or the urge drives him insane.

Plus, he gets ssun burns easily. Hehe.

Fight buddy is cool, then.

Yes, I was thinking of him having a delicate skin, he would have to cover his skin from the sun, but he wouldn't recieve terrible damage compared to a full vampire.

Do you reckon he should feed? I like that even more. I'll leave that up to Katyy to decide.

Name: Drake
Appearance:
Tebens_terry_bogard_by_david_grier.jpg
Role: The boy! - He's the apprendice of the group leader, who is a mighty wizard, atm he's a short talented mage.
Short bio: He was raised to be a shadow runner, his parents were both shadow runners bu died in a mission when he was young, he has been raised by his strict uncle who is the leader of teh shadow runners squad.
He has a short temper, has potential but needs more focus on perfecting his skills, he tries to rely more on his physical attributes since it's easier for him.
Specialty: should be warlocks, but since warlocks have more control over magic than he does, he's much more efficient with creatures who require only physical talent to deal with.
Choice Weapon: projectile spells
Special Talents: Better than average body shape, Martial Arts skills.

That looks really good Selenite! As for the blood drinking, I think that would make him more badass. I'm just saying lol. But only animal blood pleasee! And @Drake: Welcome!