Shadow Runners (OOC/Open)

Re: Shadow Runners

Are there any other kinds of characters that you people require? I don't mind making a character that can edit memories etc but things to do with the mind aren't exactly my thing, but I'm willing to try. :)

Hmm, not that I can think of. What kind of character do you want to be then?

I saw that in the earlier replies you guys needed someone to fight against magic. Is that position filled?

Yeah, Hades' second chara, Uncle Bob, is specializing in warlock fighting.

I see. I'll get to work on the mind wiper then. Is there anything else specific to the character that you guys want? Any limitations, too?

Hey. It's a secondary character. I don't see why not you could orient your character into fighting warlocks as well as Mindwiping. Just as long as your warlock fighting is not as Pro as Uncle Bob, you're fine. Go for it. Feel comfy with your character. (you need to wear it's skin after all, right?)

I was planning someone of a pure warlock killer, but it's alright. I have another idea going on for a less powerful warlock fighter.

Oh, and just to check. By pro, do you mean skill, or the way the power works?

Oooh, can I have a second character as the mind-wiper then? He/she(I'm still not sure yet) started off as a mind-reader that can't control his/her power!

"Goddammit! Make them shut up! It's like listening to Dora's, Barney's, and Telletubbies' song at the same time! In stereo!"

OK- yes, by Pro I mean skill. Uncle Bob it's meant to be the very best.
Listen, throw the basics of the character you want to play just as if you could play whatever you fancied; then, when Katyy comes back, you can adjust your char and add, if you still want, the Mindwiping (Although I'm smelling Enou will keep the mindwiping one)

Enou.
You look like you should check out some comedy RP's around.
(I'm in two atm)

Sounds good to me, magical flying pussycat. :D

I'll get on it.

Omg. I leave for a couple of hours and you guys finish the plot?! :D I love you guys. Ok.

So I was actually thinking that instead of the Pentagon that the SR's would have a country in Europe that was only for them. But it was glamoured to make it so that any mundanes would just be transported from one border to the other. Our own secret country!

I was also thinking that there would be other Runners but they would be all around the different parts of the world. We are the only group in NYC but there are people in upstate NY and on Long Island which we visit to if they ever need back up.

As for our origins, we could have come from the original alchemists. Or at least some of the alchemists that actually discovered the magic. (They were hushed up by the government but some escaped) Slowly, as more and more paranormals started to go rogue, more and more Shadow Runners were born. Sort of like the evolution of a species.

Also, iAmXC: you are free to be whoever you want to be. We do need a mind wiper but that isn't very difficult. You don't need to know much on brains. Just make up a feeling when you do it and maybe make it different for each paranormal that you wipe and very different for the humans. If it's alright with Hades, you can possibly be his apprentice in warlock hunting yes? [And yes. Get an avatar. Also, Selenite is touchy about his oversized pussycat picture. Shhh ;)]

Enou: You can be our new friend's trainer. How about that before Bria came along, iAmXC's character was the newest so he's still learning the ropes as well. Both of you are mindwipers but you are the master mindwiper. Yes?

Oh and Hades, I think if I just put them in the opening post it would allow us to get started on other things quicker. Unless everyone wants to RP that.

Hm. If Enou wants, he can have the Mindwiper, and I'll be the secondary Warlock fighter. Maybe me and Bob can be off to a rocky start, but then he eventually starts being somewhat of a mentor to me? Just a suggestion.

Name: Zhang Xu Cheng. A bit of a mouthful, so his teammates call him XC.
Appearance:
antimage-dota2-art.jpg

Specialty: Warlocks, mainly, but he can fight against anything that relies moderately/heavily on magic.
Role: The quiet and enigmatic one, somewhat arrogant.
Choice Weapon: The bulky blade that he wields in the picture. However, he only brings it out when he's sure he is fighting something powerful.
Special Talents: To Xu Cheng, all magic stems off a source of energy. He burns that source of energy through a sort of 'fire'. He forms bluish white fireballs and hurls them at the opponent. The fire does not physically burn the person, however, but instead burns away the ability to cast spells temporarily. It is impossible, for him at his current skill level to burn out a magic user with a single burst, but instead takes many, many 'burns' to finally wear that person down. The amount of energy he burns per hit is fixed, and so a weaker opponent takes lesser hits to burn out and so on.

What makes Xu Cheng fearsome to magic users, is his final ability. Through physical contact, usually done by the gripping of the neck, Xu Cheng can make them feel the void where their energy, which was burnt off once were. This shock, when put in place whilst the magic user is completely burnt out is usually enough to kill off any magic user, but the shock is proportionate to how much energy has been burnt off.

Zhang's special abilities in a single line:

He can burn your magic source down, and if you are depleted, he can kick your butt just by gripping your neck.

Do I win a cookie?

You also earn the honour of helping me summarize passages for English homework in the future.

Deal. I hope cookies are really good in Singapore.

Name: Rhea Justis
Appearance:Rhea Justis.jpg
Specialty: "You expect me to fight those things?! Hell no!"
Role: The mind-wiper
Weapon of choice: Doesn't really need a weapon since she's usually standing on the sideline. N gave her a custom-made gun for protection though.
Special ability:
-Mind-reading: At first, she can't control her power when it first awaken. Luckily, N was around the neighborhood and immediately sensed her ability. The leader took her to the HQ and gave her a headphones that prevent her power to go wild until she can control it herself.
-Mind-wipe: Exactly what it says on the tin. Although, it's more like burying or replacing the memory than actually wiping it.
-Suggestion: She could plant a suggestion on someone else's mind. The more simple the suggestion is and the weaker the target's will, the easier for her to do it.

She lived with her grandmother, who was strict and expecting Rhea to be lady-like. Rhea's grandma didn't know anything about her son being a Shadow Runner and thought that he was a failure.

If this character is accepted, can she be Conners' annoying little sister figure?

As long as Raiu is ok with it then it's alright we me! Do you mind if you get another picture? I want a really good sense of how she looks. I'm a really visual person lol.

I think I'm gonna get the opening post up tomorrow sometime if everyone's ok with that.