Shadow Runners (OOC/Open)

Re: Shadow Runners

I just had a rather interesting thought...

*Goes to tell it to Enou in a pm*

Woha!
I turn my back for like just... ten hours and look at all the plot you guys develop!

Some facts about Selenite:

I don't like Twilight. I haven't read any of the books or seen any movie. The cheesy way it's mass merchandised is enough to put me off.
I do like vampires though. I love Bram Stoker's Dracula. (oh so old school babe!)

No way Fabius is going to drink from blood bags. That's for pussies. (And don't look at my avatar. It's NOT a cat I say!) Please don't take it personal guys. Selenite loves you all.
And I'm also an animal lover. Such an animal lover, that Fabius will drink human blood. End of the story. He's a guy that knows to get well along people, but he also keeps his shady side for himself. And he enjoys it. Don't worry Katyy, no innocent people harmed either. Fabius is a man of principles. (When he is sane of course.)

Third. I love this family thing going on! I vote for some sort of shop front. Or some office apartment. I also have the mental image of an office with our boss drinking coffe. Of course, chinese food would be hilarious. As a comedy lover, I won't object against it. (although I am not really expecting that to be implemented)

Fourth. Fabius mother was a Runner, back a couple of hundreds of years ago. A vampire she was after... sort of seduced her. You can imagine the rest. Nine months later Fabius was born. Both his parents are dead by now.

Um... well I guess that covers pretty much all of it, doesn't it?

What if the shadow runners are like descent from the templars, who were in charge of dealing with the supernatural back in the middle ages, but when America was discovered, the templars unit assigned to protect that part of the world, went rogue and no longuer obeys the vatican, instead they work parallel to the pentagon, of course there are alot of conflits
Their base of operations could be a high guarded tall building, that appears as just any other business tower in NYC.
But instead and the shadow runners could be just our squad, there could be other squads of npcs who are like partners and rivals.
Our unit could have been recently rebuilt with a newer generation, but before they were the best unit, so now we have to prove ourselves.

What you guys think?

Name: Bob
Appearance:
364.jpg
Role: Previous team leader, currently is the team consellor and supervisor, also as administrative tasks upper in the organization.
Short bio: He is Drakes uncle, when his brother and sister in law were killed 15 years ago he took care of Drake, due to his dedication to the shadow runners squad he was a bit of absent raising his nephew, so Drakes magical abilities are not well trained, but it was the price to pay for the numerous times Bob and the old shadow runners saved the world.
Specialty: Demons and Warlocks, he also deals well with other creatures, but he's way better than anyone else when dealing with Warlocks.
Choice Weapon: His fists, either to shot projectile spells or to hand to hand combat.
Special Talents: Bob was born and raised as a shadow runner, even not possessing super human talents he trains hard and his physical skills can keep up with some supernatural creatures, plus he learned and mastered the magical arts and that is his main strenght.

Alright. Blood bags are for pussy vampires, got it. And I'm all game with Chinese Restaurant. N could turn into a Mr. Huang or something.

My thoughts;

I like some of your ideas, Hades. The Runners being descendants from the templars sounds good. Like, templars gone rogue but at the same time more supernatural.

I'm not really keen on working parallel to the Pentagon or having an entire building for ourselves- I'd rather take a more secretive approach.

Other squads.... that could be either awesome or absolutely annoying. Maybe with a solid plot role for other squads taht could work nicely. I had in mind ourselves being the only squad in NYC, but keeping in touch with other teams from other cities.

I think that a squad that has been operating in hunting creatures of the dark for generations, requires some money to sustain itself, so since they have to hunt this creatures and be in shape they can't worry about jobs, meaning they have to be sponsered.
I thought the pentagon could sponsor them cause they need them, but they have very few control over the squads and pretty much hate eachother.
From time to time the pentagon could try to dissemble the team and try to face the evils of the world on their own, but their failture would lead them to re-recruit the team.
let's wait for CallMeKatyy opinion she's the leader of this party.
I'm just shotting ideas, I'll play anyways!

Nice CS's Hades.
XD chinese restaurant.... I imagine Fabius doing the delivery against his own will XD!!

So we've got:

-Mystery Girl (Katyy)
-Wiseass Apprentice Wizard (Hades)
-Mr Strong Bodyguard (Raiu)
-Sorta Gentleman Half-Vampire (Selenite)
-Shapeshifting Mystery Boss (Enou)
-Training Metal Punchbag Mecha Warrior (secondary, NPC)
-Old Harcore Warlock Hunter (Hades' secondary)

We still need to define:

- Our headquarters
- The existence of other runners
- The origin of the runners

and we should be good to go!
Wohoo!

Also I can tottaly dig your vamp Selenite, if you check my profile for the boulevard of broken shadows RP, it's the same vamp style.
You're a well fed vamp, you fed on unworthy humans like junkies rapists and thiefs, since you take your meals in time you are not starving, therefore not struggling with your inner demons in order to stay away from our throats.
Did I guess it right?

True. I didn't think of the money problem. Maybe... N is really really wealthy? Otherwise we could also have a sponsor that does not work as a runner, but that is aware of our existence. Some millionare guy. I'm also throwing ideas here, I'll play Pentagon as well. It's not a problem. :)

This rp is looking good!

Hades--Yes. Well it's obvious isn't it?

By the way I've been meaning to say, awesome avatar Selenite!!!
The thing about the pentagon is cause it makes a cool plot when you have that sort of friction between you and your boss, I personally hate the military and the pentagon, I seen enough proof that they faked stuff like the man on the moon or September 11... but I don't wanna discuss politics it may lead to making enemies on the site and I don't want that.

Also I didn't yet had the time to read N's full profile no offense, if you read my roleplay resume (now in my profile - thumbs up for Big-D!) you'll see why I lack time.

But I did it now and I was thinking could be fun if N and Uncle Bob were best buddies from back in the days and N is passing as a new member, in order to test the team, making them look at him as a young teamleader just as raw as they are, so they'll question him, the point being teaching them to think for thenselves. So the other "Noobs" don't know he is one of the top dogs. Meanwhile he reports the Uncle Bob who acts like the big mean boss, just to keep the team on their toes.

Thanks- Frank Frazetta FTW!
Your avatar is pretty cool also. I like your character pics. Unlike mine, they look manly.

I totally like that undercover boss idea- We have to check if Enou and Katyy are ok with it.
Um, Fabius is like a hundred years old. If you want to put him as a noob, I'll have to think a good background story in which he refused to work as a Runner. Ideas....?

I love Franks art too, he died recently didn't he?

Fabius could also be passing as a noob since vamps don't age.
Or he could have been on his own till recently, the SR confronted him, after a good fight and some talk between they realise Fabious doesn't feed on the innocent, he actually helps the society getting read of it's scum, so they give him a chance to join the squad.
If we play that the governament sponsers us, maybe they could feed you guys sentenced to death.
That way you'd get very fat if you lived in Texas!!!

(yes, sadly. I think last year)

I like the 'on his own' option pretty much. Yeah. (ROFL for the Texas comment)

Well we still need to see what's Katyy thinking about all this.

I'll-be-back.... some hours later..... Hasta la vista, baby.

I see what you mean but for Bria, when she was attacked by the demon, which happened to be a Sephet(one of the most dangerous demons) she managed to kill it by using a kitchen knife and a phone charger. She had also met Drake who had suspected that she was a Runner. Runners have a way to recognize one of their own as long as they had been brought up by other Runners. Since Bria was brought up by her parents(who were Runners) until she was 6, she still had trace evidence on her that wasn't enough to make Drake know right away but it was enough to tip him off.

I assume that Conners didn't come from a Runner family but was born one somehow?

You gonna post that part on the openning thread?
Or we gonna RP those events?

Hey guys, I'm new here. :) I'm wondering if you guys are still in need of characters? If your team is full, maybe someone from the outside?

We could always use more people.

And Hades, it seems that we are going for the "Unknown Group" feel. The objective is to keep the public eye away from things that go bump in the night and to protect people against those things. That means, government isn't involved all that much. Also, don't watch all that conspircy stuff, its idiotic really.

And iAmXC. We do need someone who can change people's memories to hide the group's existance. That sound ok?

N in undercover as a n00b? Sounds good to me. I could totally see him/her befriending Uncle Bob. And I agree that working for the Pentagon would be hard for the plot. I was actually thinking if the government thought the SR is some kind of terrorist or something. That would be fun to write *giggle*

Lights on for Enou's idea of the government thinking the Runners are terrorists. As a side thing, of course.
Yeah.